PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Xii

DX3
07-06-2004, 03:36 PM
it's coming in the winter of 2005. can't wait. click here to learn more. http://www.ffxii.net/

the main char. looks like a girl. and the gril look like yuna but the cloths looks hard.

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Wow. A male main character that looks like a girl in a Final Fantasy game? Everyone stop the presses! [/sarcasm]

It looks like I'm not going to play this FF either. Stupid Squaresoft.

DX3
07-06-2004, 08:25 PM
yea it's sad. the male char. is starting to change into girls. tidus vioce sound like a girl and now this.

shi_amai
07-06-2004, 09:04 PM
I heard it's not even done by the guy who's done all the other Final Fantasies, so it's going to be a whole lot different (no more traditional end of battle music, for one thing). It's so very sad.

And Tidus' voice didn't just sound like a girl's, it was REALLY annoying.

DX3
07-07-2004, 11:05 AM
yea it's a new guy. isn't that sad. but now the battle is more inactive. the monster can trap u and u can see them on the map. it's like chrono trigger. where u can see the monster. the summons are back. yea.

Shadowstarr
07-07-2004, 11:53 AM
the guy does look like a girl. ahhhh!!! what is the world coming 2(jk)?

DX3
07-07-2004, 12:50 PM
but i'm still going to play it.

Rem
07-07-2004, 07:21 PM
dx3 are you going to play it because its a final fantasy or because it looks like a good game?

ecchi_maker
07-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Once again SEGA SATURN MAN don't be such a sour puss! (back to topic) I think that FFXII is going to be the 2nd best FF out there compared to FFVII. I like the part when the bunnie girls come out and the main character. Well lets just say that he looks awsome.

Rem
07-09-2004, 04:00 PM
i am a sour puss so bite me any way i was just wondering because it seems like many people want to play sequals (not just ff) just because its the sequal to a game they liked even if the sequal looks bad

lionx
07-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Well theres nothing here that shows me the sequeal is bad. You can look at Wind Waker and say OMFG IT SUCKS. Just becuase you looked at the pictures. Does it matter how the graphics are and how he looks like so long as the game itself and the storyline is good? Have we played it yet? No none of us played it yet, and yet at the same time we are passing judgement so soon.

I know it can be somewhat smartass, but honestly you have to play the game first before you can pass any sort of real judgement on it...we dont even know the game mechanics yet on how it exactly works, so i say lets see first. Games cannot be judged before they are played.

Voices i say are good on FFX Tidus narrative tho his real one sucked, but remember they are translated from japanese so the lips dont match and some of the things dont work out as they do in japanese. Does anyone watched Escaflowne in English and heard Delandou's(sp) voice? Way different.

Trailer: http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_fin..._12_e3_2k4.html (http://www.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_finalfantasy_12_e3_2k4.html)

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Look, I ain't even looked at the pictures. Graphics ain't got anything to do with it. I think FF12 will suck because they haven't changed their stupid story formula since FF8. The last one I played was FF9 (I skipped FF8 based on the lameness that prevailed throughout it) and pledged I wouldn't play another FF until they made obvious changes to their tacky formula.But in reality I'd settle for a female main character that doesn’t act like a dumb-donkey, or a Male character that isn't metrosexual. It's that simple.

lionx
07-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Did you watch the trailer? Seems to be more of deception to me than anything...theres no real point to debate about the story when we dont know this one..

Did you even play FFVIII in the slightest? It wasnt the best but it wasnt THAT bad..

And i think its up to individual taste....i sorta like it because it reminds me of anime and the sort and you have to remember its japanese first...but yea...i am actually looking forward to it..i just fell that its too unfair to pass judgement when things arent even released yet..people too often pass judgement and then reform their opinion when the game is out with an example such as Wind Waker. I just like to see how it is first when the final product is out...but so far it doesnt look like it will suck donkey...

Manhattan_Project_2000
07-10-2004, 03:30 PM
Nope haven't watched the trailer either.

I played the demo for FF8. I wasn't impressed at all. Later I heard a bit about the story and learned more about the battle system, and found some good reasons to dislike it.

And I don't dislike FF12 because of its Japanese-ness. There are Plenty of good anime-like RPGs. Like Dark Cloud 2 or Xenosaga. Also, you can tell a lot about games before they come out. Like, baring a meteor hitting the Konami offices, MGS3 is going to be amazing.

It isn't outside the realm of possibility that FF12 will be a innovative game. But it's much more likely that squaresoft still won't feel like creating anything original. It’s not as though it won't sell. The Final Fantasy "fans" will buy it either way.

And while they're playing yet another game about some angst-y late teenager and his girlfriend saving the world and proving love conquers all , I'll be home playing a GOOD game, like Alpha Centauri or Master of Orion 2.

lionx
07-10-2004, 06:06 PM
Well i still say a rental wouldnt hurt. I give things a chance before judgement.

kioke-san
07-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Ur all wrong. Masuno is making this game . It will aslo have no random battles, lots of moogles, new races fro FFTA, chocbos, war themes, not much romance, ashe will be dating some other guy. There's lots of blood, and the world will be almost as big as FFXI. It's going to be the greatest one, since FFVI.

Rem
07-17-2004, 07:31 AM
now their just admiting their gay? at least in seven they left it up to your imagination cloud was gay right? i mean the guy wore a purple leatard

Vincent
07-18-2004, 02:33 PM
The newer Final Fantasy's suck they're starting to look like star wars,the older ones are the best!! :)

Vincent
07-18-2004, 02:38 PM
The newer Final Fantasy's suck they're starting to look like star wars,the older ones are the best!! :)

Rem
07-18-2004, 06:11 PM
i wouldent say star wars but they arnt what they used to be thats for sure

Sword
04-18-2005, 10:19 AM
I feel nothing but nagative vibes coming from this thread. Who cares if there is the same BASIC (note basic) structure for the storyline in each game. I bet it will still rock.

Vash_2007
05-04-2005, 05:58 PM
cant say its gonna be dumb cuz i love ff but hope u dont got to pay for it.

Orange Smile
05-04-2005, 06:03 PM
the main char. looks like a girl.
That's precisely why I'm looking forward to this game. That and Fran.