PDA

View Full Version : Writing Prompt Week 1

Kleio
05-20-2013, 03:35 PM
I often find myself lacking when it comes to things to write, and sometimes I find I have too many ideas. This is where prompts come in to play. Prompts are used by writers to induce creativity, and so that is what I am starting. Each week I will post a new prompt and you guys will write from it. It can be fanfiction, poetry, or prose. Just click the prefix tab, Prompt, and then the title.

This weeks prompt is storm.

Good luck!

Kleio
05-28-2013, 01:34 PM
This weeks writing prompt is "I believe"!

Please be sure to place your responses in either fan-fiction and prose (http://www.animeforum.com/forumdisplay.php?145-Fan-Fiction-Prose) or poetry (http://www.animeforum.com/forumdisplay.php?104-Poetry) accordingly.

Good luck! <3

blueangel06661
05-28-2013, 04:12 PM
I BELIEVE I CAN FLYYYYYY

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/551/512/3c2.gif

I haven't written anything in a while. I should probably attempt.

Kleio
05-31-2013, 11:10 AM
I laughed harder than I should have, but I recently saw that gif and it was all like "Jawn, dnt cry 4 me" or something. It was edited to look like Sherlock jumping from a building and I've been laughing for 30 years.

ghostthegreat
06-06-2013, 01:27 PM
This is cool! I've been busy lately and haven't stopped by recently. Thanks for setting this up Castiel, I'll have to try and get something in this week or next! :D

Kleio
06-09-2013, 10:13 AM
You're welcome! I do my best to read everything you guys post, prompts or not, but I work 50 hours a week so it takes a moment. I do hope to see something of yours! Good luck and have fun!

Kleio
06-09-2013, 10:23 AM
So I think I missed a week, my bad. I started a new job and it takes up a lot of my time.

This week the prompt is "the fourth message on the phone". Write about a fourth voicemail or whatever sort of message in any fashion you see fit! Good look and have fun!

Kleio
06-18-2013, 08:41 AM
You guys should actually write things instead of just reading the post and making me cry. I'm all like "wriiiiite wriiite WRIIITE" and then you don't so I go on a drinking binge. It's awful.

ANYWAY! This weeks prompt is the color white. What does the color white make you think of? How do you feel? What if there is a stain on something white? Go write! Now! Go go go!

Sulkin
01-12-2016, 03:03 AM
White, such a blank colour. It's so plain and simple it's barely even noticeable when in a picture of beautiful colours. Just like me, unnoticeable to all the people around me. Just plain and simple... I am the colour white. (Was I supposed to post this here?)

mimiruchan
01-12-2016, 03:49 AM
I am a color - NO I am every color
Or, am I a shade?

Shading sounds so lonely, a melancholic hue
In reality I'm brilliant and blinding, a highlight when your blue
Something that is necessary, an opposite of black

Please don't think I'm boring, because in part
I'll push your world into a dynamic work of art

And allow all your creativity to flow

Yes I am every color, white to be exact
A prismatic rainbow, when looked at the right way

A pure form, an innocent form with beauty in my tones.

Try and look really hard and you'll see through my facade
To a world of opalescent allure

I am a color - a shade - and a hue
I am white
A blinding glistening blur to you

3am sleepyness... I was going to write about wings or something hahaha

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

White, such a blank colour. It's so plain and simple it's barely even noticeable when in a picture of beautiful colours. Just like me, unnoticeable to all the people around me. Just plain and simple... I am the colour white. (Was I supposed to post this here?)

This is so pretty and so sad <3

Sulkin
01-12-2016, 12:37 PM
Good job Miru!! I like reading poetry a lot, but honestly I can't write poetry at all. :3 Stories is more my things but you're really good, I love it!! :D

mimiruchan
01-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Good job Miru!! I like reading poetry a lot, but honestly I can't write poetry at all. :3 Stories is more my things but you're really good, I love it!! :D

Thanks ^^; 3am stupors...I feel like it's superficial. Need to actually sit down and think of things to write.
I liked yours though. Don't count yourself so short ^^
I hope more people post here haha

Kleio
01-12-2016, 02:23 PM
Good job Sulkin and mimiruchan these are both amazing! Writing prompts do belong in the proper category with the prefix of writing prompt, but since I didn't specify that in the beginning it's totally fine.

Sulkin, that was really a great piece. It made me think of Mister Cellophane, the number John C Riley did in Chicago. I think perhaps it would have been better laid out as a poem, putting breaks in certain spots would give it more emphasis. If you're interested in discussing that pm me!

Mimi, I found your poem to be very interesting. Like if white could talk that is what it would say, but it could also be a young child coming into themselves and be a statement from them. Yes, I am new. Yes, I am still learning. But, I am a complex person and you wont put me down. Something like that.

Sulkin
01-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Thank you very much!! I've never really written much poems so I don't know how they work, I'll have to practice and try next time! So wait, where should we post the prompts?