PDA

View Full Version : [Classics] Captian Planet

Zainox
05-08-2013, 09:41 AM
Does anyone remember watching this show as a kid? I used to love it. Though, I decided to look into it recently because I was feeling nostalgic. I seriously only JUST realized the whole sub-text of pollution and keeping the planet clean. Heck, at the end it even tells you to recycle.. I must have been a complete idiot or extremely ignorant as a kid. xD
I remember loving the guy with the fire ring. He was my favourite character.

What are your thoughts? Did you watch it? Like it? Were you just as ignorant as me? Who was your favourite character and/or ring?

DeathBlade/13.666
05-08-2013, 11:00 AM
It's frickin' Captain Planet! Who doesn't love that show?

05-09-2013, 11:46 AM
OMG I freakin *LOVE* this show! I grew up with this, hell I even SANG with the opening theme song :D

Clayton_n
05-10-2013, 06:44 PM
I always thought the kids called him a little too early and didn't make full use of their rings.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k138/Clayton_n/Soul_Reapers_zpsc3ff507e.jpg?t=1366147324

Steven21088
05-11-2013, 09:40 AM
I used to have an action figure of Captain Planet that spoke, it stopped working the moment I took it in the bath with me :(

Anime Forum
05-11-2013, 11:24 PM
Great stuff. Actually when cartoons were well made! Anyone planning on seeing the live movie btw?

ParaParaJMo
06-04-2013, 04:13 PM
There was supposed to be an animated movie that took place in the future that was going to get a release in 95, but it just fell through. I totally loved Ed Asner as Hoggish Greedly and I think Jeff Goldblum played Sly Sludge. That show got some big names to play the villains which was awesome.

I remember the AIDS episode a lot as well. Neil Patrick Harris played the kid with AIDS.

Animedude5555
06-26-2013, 10:22 PM
Great stuff. Actually when cartoons were well made! Anyone planning on seeing the live movie btw?

Live action captain planet? Yeah right. Never heard of it, even hinted at on any movie sites, google, or anywhere else. You must've made it up. Nice rumor starting though. LOL.

RainyDayMan
06-26-2013, 11:23 PM
I liked the Asian Chick since I got a thing for Asian Chicks. >;=]

O, Heck! The Ted Turner/Captain Planet Episode of "Robot Chicken" is on right now as I speak!

"Protect the Environment! Or I'll f***ing kill you!"

Anime Forum
06-27-2013, 12:20 AM
Live action captain planet? Yeah right. Never heard of it, even hinted at on any movie sites, google, or anywhere else. You must've made it up. Nice rumor starting though. LOL.

Huh? I'm just posting what I've heard from other people and what I thought was happening, so how does that indicate that I'm the one making stuff up? Don't be so stupid.

Welcome to AF though, enjoy the neg rep for jumping to conclusions.

Animedude5555
06-27-2013, 09:41 PM
Ever seen the Robot Chicken spoof on Captain Planet?

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Huh? I'm just posting what I've heard from other people and what I thought was happening, so how does that indicate that I'm the one making stuff up? Don't be so stupid.

Sorry about jumping to conclusions.

DeathBlade/13.666
06-27-2013, 09:52 PM
Relevant to the current argument at hand that just ended.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-planet-planeteers-movie-works-576490

Anime Forum
06-27-2013, 11:20 PM
Ever seen the Robot Chicken spoof on Captain Planet?

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Sorry about jumping to conclusions.

Its fine. (:

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Relevant to the current argument at hand that just ended.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/captain-planet-planeteers-movie-works-576490

Ah. So it is in the making? I think IMDB has a page created for it as well.

RainyDayMan
06-27-2013, 11:54 PM

Be sweet, People. *mews innocently,*