PDA

View Full Version : Crossovers: Yay or Nay?

SolanaNight
04-07-2013, 08:11 PM
What do you guys think about crossovers? Do you get super excited at the idea of your favorite characters from different animes interacting with each other? Or does the idea repulse you?

An example would be One Piece. There's been a few episodes where they crossed over Toriko. For those of you who have watched those episodes did you enjoy them, or no?

I personally thought they were just fancy fillers, and thought they were mediocre at best.

Do you guys know of any other animes where there were crossovers?

Clayton_n
04-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Done well Crossovers are amazing.

SolanaNight
04-09-2013, 09:55 PM
I agree. If done right, crossovers can be amazing otherwise, they're painful to look at.

Watayo_Hirashi
04-11-2013, 06:09 AM
I wouldn't mind. I don't think I have seen any crossovers so far, but I know one in Tsubasa Chronicles and xxxHolic. Though I like it when they make a parody of another anime, then that's great.

Clayton_n
04-16-2013, 02:54 PM
it's actually hard to find crossovers sometimes that aren't just artwork, either official or fan made. mostly it's hentai.

FreakyTy
04-16-2013, 04:00 PM
With the amount of crossovers in NIS games I find it hard to believe that there aren't more than this... Maybe that's just their thing. However I do think the idea would only work with shows that are realistically on the same level, and even then the only ones I really see working are ones that are for the most part SoL genre.

That much said it would be of everyones best interest to make some sort of Blazesonic (Look him up) like mega cross over with the most popular SoL shows. K-ON!, Lucky Star, Clannad, Azumanga Daioh, and maybe a few others would have all the main casts attending the same school or something. It would be a pure comedy and nothing else (As most SoL shows are) and completely non-canonical for all of them, but twould be epic none the less. Probably just a movie or something would work best.

I can just imagine the backlash from all the haters of moe; chiming like a wonderful chorus of angels in my ears.

On second thought, this NEEDS to happen.