PDA

View Full Version : Official Xbox One Discussion Thread

Hanamaru Kunikida
04-07-2013, 05:52 PM
Rumor goes around that the system is rumored to be shown on May 21st...but the system is already dead in before in shown?

http://gematsu.com/2013/04/rumor-next-xbox-to-be-revealed-on-may-21-cost-500-for-base-300-for-subscription-model-launch-in-november?nomobile

It might also be called Xbox 8....lol

INDEX OF MICROSOFT'S BS

So time to post all the BS here.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMdE5z3CAAAHpr-.jpg:large

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cLmKpV0i8t4#!

This was funny, tbh. http://s21.postimage.org/lndgu3oj7/E1_Egm_BU.gif

Worth reposting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BiUzaqOU06M

Here is a 3D Model of the System:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/29/get-up-close-with-a-3d-model-of-the-xbox-one

I really want that controller, is the only thing I like. I hope they make a wired version for PC.

Just posting more stuff here...
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/06/11/microsoft-plots-2014-launch-for-xbox-one-in-asia/
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer

Guess no JRPGs for Xbox for a while, lmao.

I haven't read the article yet but lol
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/12/tech/gaming-gadgets/microsoft-defends-xbox-one/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Digital is cool but shouldn't be Mandatory, Xsteambox, I mean Xbox.

Velvet_Nightmare
04-07-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm honestly lost on what is rumor and confirmation at this point.

I'll just wait for the official reveal, and then a few months after that for in-depth explanations. I'm still finding out things about the PS4 that weren't clear at the reveal.

Riamu.Midori
04-08-2013, 01:04 AM
Yeah the console doesn't seem to be something I will buy straight away I might as well just buy upgrades for my new pc. :3

Ranshiin
04-08-2013, 05:47 AM
What Velvet said.

I'd rather wait until Microsoft officially announces their console before making any real opinion on it; speculations are fun and all, but don't really get us anywhere.

Always needing the Internet on to work would suck, though. Consider that not everybody has that magical superfast superreliable fiber-optic Internet like the Microsoft devs probably do. There are people out here who still use dial up*. My brother definitely wouldn't be able to use the new console if it required active Internet to use. Doesn't presently affect me because hey, I live alone with 133-megabit connection, but not everyone is me.

*I was at a friends' last week and I speedtested his internet. Came out 0.01 m/bit down, 0.01 up. In reality at some point I got 800k downput (which means 6-7 megabit), but his internet was so unstable that it kept dropping connection every ten seconds.

.:neuko:.
04-15-2013, 12:46 PM
Well, rumours be rumours, but if true then, not interested in Durango because last time I checked, games consoles were supposed to be about gaming convenience (i.e. dedicated gaming systems) and the DRM Box Durango just sounds like a mainstream-orientated, subscription-based, general-purpose, media server, and a piss poor one at that.

Otherwise, a games console that will arbitrarily enforce "always-online" DRM, force me to wait up to an hour as it installs a patch for game that should have been tested properly in the first place; force media features that I'll neither need nor want (because my Smart TV's more than capable of providing all the media I'll ever need, thank you very much...), effectively allow game publishers to exploit shoddy business practices at my expense (as in the case of Xbox 360 and PS3)? Sure, I'm looking forward to all that like a hole in the head.

FatalEnd21
04-15-2013, 03:34 PM
So many rumors going around the next-gen Xbox. Once things for sure, I really hope it's not called the Xbox 720 because that would be one of the dumbest names ever. Why would they just add another 360 to the number 360? Anyway, I really hope that it won't require people to be online all the time. People have to remember that not everyone has good internet or even internet at all. I might just build my own gaming PC for next-gen.

Velvet_Nightmare
04-15-2013, 07:26 PM
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-04-11-microsofts-next-xbox-will-take-over-your-tv

Kinda like what .:neuko:. was talking about.

Kinda creepy that [apparently] the new Kinect will be able to detect eye movement.

Light Buster
04-15-2013, 08:44 PM
So many rumors going around the next-gen Xbox. Once things for sure, I really hope it's not called the Xbox 720 because that would be one of the dumbest names ever. Why would they just add another 360 to the number 360?

Believe it or not, the car company Gumpert has a silly name and the Aston Martin One-77 is also has a dumb name.

Back on topic, I was actually hoping that Microsoft would call the new Xbox, X3, which I believe is the name of the project.

Ranshiin
05-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Believe it or not, the car company Gumpert has a silly name and the Aston Martin One-77 is also has a dumb name.

Back on topic, I was actually hoping that Microsoft would call the new Xbox, X3, which I believe is the name of the project.
Eh, but I like the name Gumpert. Then again, I'm British.

Ontopic: Potential Oopsie on a Sonic dev's behalf may have unintentionally dribbled the name of the next Xbox console. (http://gamerant.com/sonic-game-leaks-next-gen-xbox-name/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_58399)

The name does sort of make sense ... I guess.

ACBlackJ0ck
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXAkemtQFNA

Also for those that like their 360 games... keep your console (http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/4349698/xbox-one-not-backward-compatible-xbox-360)

rf switch
05-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Not really impressed. I know this wasn't really a reveal for gamers, that focus is supposedly coming at E3 and probably even Gamescom.

Right now though I'm leaning more towards PS4 as the first system I get. Possibly the only system I get this time around since I just sold my Wii U.

Ranshiin
05-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I watched the reveal.

My initial response was "are you fucking kidding me?"

My final response is "I hope Sony don't pull a PS3-price with the PS4" because it looks like everyone I know will be getting one of those.

...that, or Microsoft had damn well hope they have some good launch titles. Forza 5 won't be 'good launch title' for me, really. Need some good solid arcade racers to really even consider changing my opinion >_>;

Riamu.Midori
05-21-2013, 04:41 PM
XD I just watched a video for the reveal and there is no chance in hell that I will buy it I hope the PlayStation 4 is any good. :3

Ωmega
05-21-2013, 05:05 PM
My boyfriend went crazy over the fantasy football thing and the announcement of Forza. I was just kinda 'eh' with it.

ACBlackJ0ck
05-21-2013, 05:28 PM
For those that missed the conference here's the shortened version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpiP09Od18I

Ranshiin
05-21-2013, 05:38 PM
My boyfriend went crazy over the fantasy football thing and the announcement of Forza. I was just kinda 'eh' with it.
I think my brother's reaction pretty much sums up what's going to happen with this new xbox.

I'd kinda noticed halfway through watching the conference that he was on CoD. So I messaged him telling him he was 'literally the only person not watching it'.

He replied: "I was, got bored."

... On the plus side, it's at least been confirmed that you -will- be able to play used games ... but only after forking out for a 'pass' to play the game.

And, unless Microsoft watch how they handle this, I suspect that "buy game, install game, return game for refund+different game, keep installed game that won't need the disc to play" will equal a lot of cheap piracy with people just renting a game on the cheap and buying a pass instead of forking out full-price for the thing.

.... yeah. Sony best have something good.

Anime Forum
05-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Xbox One is better than Xbox but worse than Xbox Infinite.

KyouFalls
05-21-2013, 10:41 PM
At the moment, I think the PS4 has all the advantages, Gotta wait for E3 though.

rf switch
05-21-2013, 11:36 PM
I dont totally get the hype over the Fantasy Football thing for it. It's so easy to do from your phone these days as the NFL, ESPN, CBS Sports, and Yahoo! have apps.

Ωmega
05-22-2013, 12:38 AM
I dont totally get the hype over the Fantasy Football thing for it. It's so easy to do from your phone these days as the NFL, ESPN, CBS Sports, and Yahoo! have apps.
Im not sure hes aware of that, but I'll tell him. Usually he just checks the website, but seeing someone say "Xbox, fantasy" and have it pull up on the side just got him to flip the hell out over it.

Ranshiin
05-22-2013, 04:24 AM
I suspect he will be the perfect type of easily-led customer for this new "YOU MUST ONLY HAVE AN XBOX ONE AND A TV TO USE XBOX ONE ON" thing that Microsoft are seeming to be money-grubbing at.

Y'know, seriously, they had better impress me at E3 with some of the games. One of my friends has already said he's not getting one and will get a PS4 for Drive Club (same devs as Motorstorm). Microsoft has the upper hand in having hold of Lucid Games (aka Bizarre Creations) who are mooted to be making a PGR game, and if they even think about making a sequel to a certain vehicular combat game...

I don't like the 360 (still), but I bought it for the games. I don't like the Xbox One, but if it turns out to have any games I'd want, I may buy one. So, Microsoft best have some tricks up their sleeves for E3 because so far nobody I know is impressed. At all.

Also YAY! EVERY GAME IS GOING TO HAVE THOSE CRAPPY KINECT MIC USERS THAT I HAVE TO MUTE DUE TO ANNOYING IRRELEVANT INANE NOISE! >_>;

WBL Studios
05-22-2013, 10:54 AM
It's going to cost extra fees if you want to use a used game.

It's not backwards compatible.

And most importantly...

YOU HAVE TO LOG INTO THE INTERNET ONCE EVERY 24 HOURS.

Fail. Failfailfailfailfailfailfail.

rf switch
05-27-2013, 03:14 AM
You still need your cable or satellite box.

Chances are that on top of your cable or satellite bill you'll also have to be an XBOX live Gold Member in order to take advantage of the "instant" (it was staged) channel changing and everything.

Even though I actually do have really good internet I still don't want to have to deal with once every 24 hours... I hardly every hook my 360 up and when I do I almost never connect it to wifi or by ethernet cable because I just don't care because I'm not paying extra for online when my PC and PS3 do it for free.

At least around here I don't think most Mainstream/Casual people will really mind the part about the system checking every 24 hours. Plenty of people that I work with think the Xbox One sounds cool and want one.

Im not sure hes aware of that, but I'll tell him. Usually he just checks the website, but seeing someone say "Xbox, fantasy" and have it pull up on the side just got him to flip the hell out over it.
And apparently the Fantasy Football that Xbox One is using is ESPN's. If he doesn't use that they there might not be much of a point.

Eris
05-28-2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah. Not abandoning the glorious PC gaming master race for this.

Ranshiin
05-28-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah. Not abandoning the glorious PC gaming master race for this.

Good thing I just forked out for an i7. I'm set gaming-wise for the next 4-5 years.

WBL Studios
05-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Good thing I found a working Sega CD emulator. I'll be entertained for weeks.

rf switch
05-28-2013, 05:49 PM
Good thing I have a working Sega CD, I'll be entertained for for another 21 years.

WBL Studios
05-29-2013, 09:28 AM
rf switch You paid for one of those things?

rf switch
05-29-2013, 03:33 PM
rf switch You paid for one of those things?
Yeah. Way back in the day. Came close to getting the TurboDuo instead.

Had good times with the Sega CD. Lunar 1 & 2, Popful Mail, Shining Force CD, Sonic CD, Ecco, Dark Wizard, Rise of the Dragon, Snatcher, Silpheed, Android Assault, Lords of Thunder, Robo Aleste, Sol-Feace, Monkey Island, Willy Beamish.

Even things like Vay and Lethal Enforcers had their moments along with some of the FMV games like Road Avenger, TimeGal, Night Trap, Mansion of Hidden Souls, Masked Rider, Revenge of the Ninja had their moments.

Sega CD gets a bad Rap a lot of the time. The grainy FMV movies always get brought up (I'm not about to defend most of the), People like to point towards AVGN's "review" where he's missing most of the games worth playing.

Do I regret not getting the TurboDuo instead? At times yes since the CD games on that were region free and the system is also worth a lot more now than the Sega CD.

SeemsStrum
05-30-2013, 04:48 AM
I need them to create new games, not a new Xbox.

First world problems

Nunnally Vi Brittania
05-30-2013, 08:00 AM
I have no idea how to react to the new XBox One. It's got this really complicated layout, but it looks pretty good to me....yet, I haven't seen how well the games will be, so I guess my official opinion will be when they actually present it in the flesh....

Zainox
05-30-2013, 10:08 AM
the new connect camera will also be on 24/7, same with the heart beat sensor. Apparently people can log onto your account (?) and see you live what you are doing. No more naught naughty in front of your TV screen! *tut tut*

Heres a review a microsoft fan made, stating what he thought was the 5 biggest problems with Xbox One.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/05/27/the-five-biggest-problems-with-the-xbox-one/

Edit - Also, apparently the time limit for having to log on every 24 hours isn't 100% official yet and still may change. But for those with no internet connection or a on and off one, they will loose sales to Sony. I feel this was a bad path for them to take. They are trying to get to techy and advance to fast.

smile1010
06-04-2013, 03:33 PM
I am a total die hard Microsoft fan. Everything about them I respect. However, lately, I feel like this generation of gaming has lost the essence of what video games are really about. xBox-One was announced not to long ago, and it was supposed to answer all our entertainment needs. I understand that people use there consoles mostly for Netlfix and Hulu, but that doesn't mean that the video gaming should put aside.

xBox 360 has, and will always accomplish my gaming and entertainment needs. I don't see why they should top something thats already going so good. I'm not excited for the xBox One. Nor will I buy one in the near future. (I'll give it two years.)

Anime Forum
06-04-2013, 07:41 PM
One thing about gamers that annoy me is when they complain about the Xbox One being released way too soon since they still want to play the Xbox 360 they purchased. Do people really think the 360 will close down servers so soon? Who's forcing the people to buy the Xbox One?

Side Note: Am I the only one looking forward to the new system?

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-04-2013, 08:34 PM
One thing about gamers that annoy me is when they complain about the Xbox One being released way too soon since they still want to play the Xbox 360 they purchased. Do people really think the 360 will close down servers so soon? Who's forcing the people to buy the Xbox One?

Side Note: Am I the only one looking forward to the new system?

Yes, you are. No lie.

What's so cool about a cable box?

Anime Forum
06-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Yes, you are. No lie.

What's so cool about a cable box?

Wait to E3, then you'll get my full answer. I'm not even against the Xbox One tbh, aside from needing a HD tv.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Everyone is gonna wait but so far so no one is trashing it 100% yet, what really impressed you?

It showed no games, so unless you really like useless media (which is cool), then I don't see what impressed you.

Anime Forum
06-04-2013, 10:08 PM
Everyone is gonna wait but so far so no one is trashing it 100% yet, what really impressed you?

It showed no games, so unless you really like useless media (which is cool), then I don't see what impressed you.

The games will come in. What made me not want a PS4? I was told you need a Vita to play most PS4 games.. Plus, I'm not against the media, but will be using my Xbox One to continue gaming with all my xbox buddies.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-04-2013, 10:23 PM
The games will come in. What made me not want a PS4? I was told you need a Vita to play most PS4 games.. Plus, I'm not against the media, but will be using my Xbox One to continue gaming with all my xbox buddies.

What made you jizz yourself in that first conference in May 21st tho?

Anime Forum
06-04-2013, 10:52 PM
What made you jizz yourself in that first conference in May 21st tho?

I go where my friends go. The conference was luckluster, but nothing that made me get extremely annoyed. I wonder if needing a HD tv will hurt sales?

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-04-2013, 11:07 PM
I go where my friends go. The conference was luckluster, but nothing that made me get extremely annoyed. I wonder if needing a HD tv will hurt sales?

That's fair but I think it's too soon to judge it and to be excited about it, especially after that awful conference. That's just me though.

Let's wait for E3 though.

Anime Forum
06-04-2013, 11:11 PM
That's fair but I think it's too soon to judge it and to be excited about it, especially after that awful conference. That's just me though.

Yeah. E3 will be my final decision on the console. Excited about E3?

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-04-2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah. E3 will be my final decision on the console. Excited about E3?

PS4 made a whole better impression but yeah, I'm excited to see both.

I'm already calling it though, MS will show more Netflix and Nickelodeon in this conference than anything that has to do with games. Remember E3 2012?

Anime Forum
06-04-2013, 11:17 PM
PS4 made a whole better impression but yeah, I'm excited to see both.

I'm already calling it though, MS will show more Netflix and Nickelodeon in this conference than anything that has to do with games. Remember E3 2012?

I'm not to sold on that TBH. Microsoft has already stated they will be dishing out news on their games at E3. Plus, that would be a bigger plunder than the last conference.

06-05-2013, 02:20 AM
I think it's safe to say that the Xbox One certainly won't be aimed at the likes of me (Not that I really care, but anyway...); that is, existing owners of products that oddly enough, so happen to have the same media features (Netflix, Skype, Facebook, Twitter etc.) as the ones Microsoft are passionately promoting. Only difference is the latter's coming from something that looks like 2 extractor fans knocked together and is going to spew a load of propriety BS each time I use media features that I already have (and don't really give a toss about).

I'm sure that I'm not some rare entity of people who would own a Smart TV, Blu-ray player and some form of AV system. I may not be the most typical consumer in the world--sure (I wouldn't know tbh), but at the same time, the products I own aren't exactly alien either. Hell, almost every real-life friend I know has a household with at least some cable box/broadband media package, and most certainly, a cell capable of streaming media content to their digital TV if not their cable box which results in the same effect: instant entertainment.

Some video that I saw a while ago (appropriately titled: "Xbox One out of Ten") really summed up the Xbox One and effortlessly got to core of what it is, or at least as far as Microsoft have revealed it to be: an incompetent version of a Smart TV; and the irony? it still requires a TV to work! :rolleyes: Whereas a TV doesn't require a games console to do its thing. Microsoft's apparent failure to grasp this reality is beyond me, and just one of the many reasons why I think the Xbox One is doomed to fail in the eyes of the mainstream market--to say nothing the market for gamers.

However, a thought had recently occurred to me: What if the XBO was never intended to appeal to said markets? What if Microsoft are really looking to target their new "invention" at a more exclusive, richer, and privileged audience? Just a crazy thought...

This is all before addressing the horrible state of the console games industry itself, which is why I'm not all excited about the upcoming PS4 either, although to fair, at least Sony have showcased some GAMES (kind of...); nothing revolutionary, granted, but unlike Microsoft at least it has shown some interest in the audience that matters: GAMERS. Because after all, if a games console manufacturer is going to push out a media server rather than a true games system, it really ought to get the f**k out of the console games industry and perhaps get into the broadband media industry instead.

It's funny, but I did have the Xbox One down as an all-in-one mainstream console, but what with the latest "revelations", I'm even being to question that now. It's certainly not going to appeal to the likes of me (but then again, maybe I'm just an insignificant relic with a weird interest in quality products), who'd be looking for good value as well as good performance, and who aren't really prepared to pay for the same things they already have on their existing products; but on a (perhaps) more general note, it doesn't exactly seem to be appealing to the mainstream market either, what with the (presumably) high price point, anti-used games policy, and Microsoft's somewhat perverted obsession with controlling the consumer through the XBO's new Kinect system long after each "game's" been sold. Woe be tired if you pass your gamepad over to a member of your family or visiting friend in your living room then, lest the Kinect system interprets this an attempt to breach the one-game-one-owner license attached to the game and duly pauses your progress until you either pass the gamepad back, or pay an additional licensing fee so as to extend your digital "rights" to the other player. Yeah--I do realise how paranoid that sounds btw, but the fact that the tech exists and has the ability to do exactly that, and at the whim of Microsoft's need to put mass profit before good service is disturbing in itself.

And yet... if nothing else, I am, in some weird way, interested in the XBO, otherwise I wouldn't keep harping on about it. But my attention's no longer aimed at the console as a potential games machine; after all, Microsoft has not even shown any conceptual footage of supposedly forthcoming games for the system. No, it's at the rather secretive and frankly elitist attitude coming from Microsoft and surrounding the XBO itself. It has lead me to consider the thought that the XBO may not be targeting the mainstream market after all (much less gamers)--not really... but rather, a smaller market more akin to a "boy's club", a private society to which only the rich and privileged have access. This is a console that could only be described as the ugly manifestation of backward-thinking CEOs who have clearly lost touch with the real world, frequently practice self-indulgence, and routinely exert their authoritive power and dominance over people "less" than them for no other reason than the fact that they simply can.

Ranshiin
06-05-2013, 05:12 AM
Plus, that would be a bigger plunder than the last conference.

If they could successfully ruin Windows by 'improving' Windows 7 with Windows 8, and 'improve' the Xbox 360 interface by changing from the (apparently rather confusing) Blade interface, through to that old but really well thought-out interface, then through to the current stupid/useless/throw-netflix-in-your-face ad-strewn Metro interface, then I'm pretty sure that they're capable of having an E3 conference that outperforms their launch conference in the failure department.

Honestly, for a long time I have not been a fan of the PS3. I hated the Xbox 360 too, but let's not get into a console-war argument here. My point is that I dislike the PS3, and I assumed that the XBone (I hoped it would be called the Xbox Infinity) would just smear the floor with Sony. Having watched that conference and seen all the Orwellian bullcrap they're pulling with the new console (DRM I can deal with, but requiring an internet connection AND the kinect?!) and the shift in focus from what a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE is supposed to do, to the focus on trying to do something that people already do using the cable-box they probably got with the Internet package they're using the run the console?

I want to like this 'thing'. No, I'm not even going to call it a media-center. My fucking computer is a media-center. This new thing is like that new kid at school; it just wants to impress everybody by showing it can do everything really good. Problem is, it's not going to work. It can't do EVERYTHING really good. It's sacrificing itself to try and please everybody, and in the process it's going to let everyone down.

I don't want a piece of hardware that I purchase to play a video game on, that needs to watch me whilst I play it, needs my internet (which has a habit of dropping out on some days, THANK YOU VIRGIN MEDIA!) to be on at some point in the day, and needs to try and make me watch TV (which I don't watch), and needs to throw ads for things I don't need in my face at every opportunity, and needs to infuriate me with a useless user interface that makes you spend more time trying to figure out what to do than actually doing it. I want to play damn video games, not watch Netflix. If I want to watch Netflix, I'll watch it on my computer. You know why? Because IT'S EASIER. It's not reminding me with little boxes on every single window that I should watch Netflix. Telling me what to do is a surefire way to make me not do it. It's called 'reverse psychology'.

... OK, that last part is me with my experience with the Metro UI on 360, but from what I've seen the UI for the XBone is even worse. And, why do I need my cable TV box, plugged in the XBone, so I can watch cable TV on my TV, through my xbox, through my cable TV box? That's like ... cable-ception right there, goddamnit. If I want to use my cable box, I use the cable box. Why do I need to use my xbox to use the cable box? Waste of time and money.

I think I'm done ranting now, but it's really these things that are just clinging at me and irking the hell out of me. Maybe I'm overreacting but like I said, I want to hate the PS4 more than the XBone by nature of the PS3 vs 360 thing, but it's looking like the other way around. Does Microsoft need to go pull a Windows XP-Vista mishap, but via their consoles, to realise they made a mistake and so that the next-next-generation xbox will be to the 360 what 7 is to XP (read: what the next-gen system SHOULD have been from the get go)?

:|

Woe be tired if you pass your gamepad over to a member of your family or visiting friend in your living room then, lest the Kinect system interprets this an attempt to breach the one-game-one-owner license attached to the game and duly pauses your progress until you either pass the gamepad back, or pay an additional licensing fee so as to extend your digital "rights" to the other player

With the Orwellian bullcrap they're pulling with the new Big Brother Kinect, I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually able to do that.

Zainox
06-05-2013, 05:28 AM

http://www.theverge.com/2013/5/29/4378170/ps-vita-remote-play-mandatory-for-ps4-games
Still not 100%, but they make it seem like you can play PS4 games on your vita. Dosen't seem you need one to play them, just another option. E3 will tell all anyway. :P

Slyy
06-05-2013, 05:35 AM
I regularly play Xbox and honestly I always assumed I would be getting the new one but lately the things they try and do are really immoral. Quite a few country's are starting to complain about breaching security laws. The new kinetic is basically a way to moniter you in your home Microsoft get away with it because they dont seem like a sinister company but I don't think we would accept other companies putting cameras in are homes.

Kaleohano
06-05-2013, 09:27 AM
This thread is full of many long-winded posts that all point to the exact same thing. PS4 is gonna kick the shiznit outta the Xbo. Which is why i'm gonna buy four and sell three of em lol.
Xbo...what a stupid abbreviation! [insert trollface]
other than that, i'm staying outta this one.

06-05-2013, 12:06 PM
Xbo...what a stupid abbreviation! http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/83784/1561135-trollface_small.jpg

Perhaps--but then it's a stupid console! :P

Anime Forum
06-06-2013, 01:06 PM
If they could successfully ruin Windows by 'improving' Windows 7 with Windows 8, and 'improve' the Xbox 360 interface by changing from the (apparently rather confusing) Blade interface, through to that old but really well thought-out interface, then through to the current stupid/useless/throw-netflix-in-your-face ad-strewn Metro interface, then I'm pretty sure that they're capable of having an E3 conference that outperforms their launch conference in the failure department.

Honestly, for a long time I have not been a fan of the PS3. I hated the Xbox 360 too, but let's not get into a console-war argument here. My point is that I dislike the PS3, and I assumed that the XBone (I hoped it would be called the Xbox Infinity) would just smear the floor with Sony. Having watched that conference and seen all the Orwellian bullcrap they're pulling with the new console (DRM I can deal with, but requiring an internet connection AND the kinect?!) and the shift in focus from what a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE is supposed to do, to the focus on trying to do something that people already do using the cable-box they probably got with the Internet package they're using the run the console?

I want to like this 'thing'. No, I'm not even going to call it a media-center. My fucking computer is a media-center. This new thing is like that new kid at school; it just wants to impress everybody by showing it can do everything really good. Problem is, it's not going to work. It can't do EVERYTHING really good. It's sacrificing itself to try and please everybody, and in the process it's going to let everyone down.

I don't want a piece of hardware that I purchase to play a video game on, that needs to watch me whilst I play it, needs my internet (which has a habit of dropping out on some days, THANK YOU VIRGIN MEDIA!) to be on at some point in the day, and needs to try and make me watch TV (which I don't watch), and needs to throw ads for things I don't need in my face at every opportunity, and needs to infuriate me with a useless user interface that makes you spend more time trying to figure out what to do than actually doing it. I want to play damn video games, not watch Netflix. If I want to watch Netflix, I'll watch it on my computer. You know why? Because IT'S EASIER. It's not reminding me with little boxes on every single window that I should watch Netflix. Telling me what to do is a surefire way to make me not do it. It's called 'reverse psychology'.

... OK, that last part is me with my experience with the Metro UI on 360, but from what I've seen the UI for the XBone is even worse. And, why do I need my cable TV box, plugged in the XBone, so I can watch cable TV on my TV, through my xbox, through my cable TV box? That's like ... cable-ception right there, goddamnit. If I want to use my cable box, I use the cable box. Why do I need to use my xbox to use the cable box? Waste of time and money.

I think I'm done ranting now, but it's really these things that are just clinging at me and irking the hell out of me. Maybe I'm overreacting but like I said, I want to hate the PS4 more than the XBone by nature of the PS3 vs 360 thing, but it's looking like the other way around. Does Microsoft need to go pull a Windows XP-Vista mishap, but via their consoles, to realise they made a mistake and so that the next-next-generation xbox will be to the 360 what 7 is to XP (read: what the next-gen system SHOULD have been from the get go)?

:|

With the Orwellian bullcrap they're pulling with the new Big Brother Kinect, I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually able to do that.

You thought the Xbox One was already iffy? Well.. Microsoft just cancelled their post E3 press conference on the system. HORRID choice IMO.

I want to come on this thread and defend the system, but it is becoming tougher to defend a system going this south.. If E3 is bad, the Xbox One will finalize the PS4 being FULLY superior. Sad since I really like Xbox.

Ranshiin
06-06-2013, 02:28 PM
You thought the Xbox One was already iffy? Well.. Microsoft just cancelled their post E3 press conference on the system. HORRID choice IMO.

I want to come on this thread and defend the system, but it is becoming tougher to defend a system going this south.. If E3 is bad, the Xbox One will finalize the PS4 being FULLY superior. Sad since I really like Xbox.
They cancelled it?

... I got plenty nails for that coffin they look set to need. You think they need help digging the hole? six feet or eight?

Anime Forum
06-06-2013, 02:55 PM
They cancelled it?

... I got plenty nails for that coffin they look set to need. You think they need help digging the hole? six feet or eight?

Yup. Makes you wonder why? It "may" not be because of the system itself though. When I get more info I'll let you know.

ACBlackJ0ck
06-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Actual selling point of the "console": "Share access to your games with everyone inside your home: Your friends and family, your guests and acquaintances get unlimited access to all of your games. Anyone can play your games on your console--regardless of whether you are logged in or their relationship to you."

What an innovation!!!!!!111!!1!

Source: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

Ranshiin
06-09-2013, 06:40 AM
Wait, so, they don't want you selling games you no longer want ... but they're happy to let random guests play your games on your console?

I'm so confused.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-12-2013, 10:55 PM
@<a href="http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=26633" target="_blank">Ranshiin</a> Might as well stick this and rename it "Xbox One Discussion Thread'.

So time to post all the BS here.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMdE5z3CAAAHpr-.jpg:large

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cLmKpV0i8t4#!

This was funny, tbh. http://s21.postimage.org/lndgu3oj7/E1_Egm_BU.gif

Worth reposting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BiUzaqOU06M

Here is a 3D Model of the System:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/29/get-up-close-with-a-3d-model-of-the-xbox-one

I really want that controller, is the only thing I like. I hope they make a wired version for PC.

Just posting more stuff here...
http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/06/11/microsoft-plots-2014-launch-for-xbox-one-in-asia/
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/pre-order-xbox-one/disclaimer

Guess no JRPGs for Xbox for a while, lmao.

I haven't read the article yet but lol
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/12/tech/gaming-gadgets/microsoft-defends-xbox-one/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Digital is cool but shouldn't be Mandatory, Xsteambox, I mean Xbox.

Anime Forum
06-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Lol, I can't even preorder this now since the ones available for preorder are sold out. Eh, some may malfunction anyways at release.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-12-2013, 11:14 PM
HA
http://analogaddiction.org/2013/06/13/titanfall-coming-to-the-ps4-not-out-of-the-question/

@<a href="http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=32839" target="_blank">RAN</a> shin, I think you're gonna looooove this.
http://i.imgur.com/3RNJvw6.png

This is looking bad for Microsoft:
http://oi40.tinypic.com/6sxgsx.jpg

Posting this here:
https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646&rest=1

Let's read the Disclaimer

Xbox One Requirements:

Requires broadband internet (ISP fees apply), a Microsoft account and an account on Xbox Live in an Xbox One-supported Xbox Live country/region, and 720p or higher HDMI-compatible TV. To receive live TV via broadcast or cable, supported receiver device (television tuner or cable/satellite set top box) with HDMI output and HDMI cable required (all sold separately).

Additional subscriptions, internet speed and/or requirements apply for some features.

Kinect Sensor for Xbox One (included) and periodic system software updates required for continued use; significant updates may be required during set-up and over time (ISP fees apply).

Some games not transferable and have no resale value; restrictions on games usage apply.

Games, Kinect and accessories made for Xbox 360 or original Xbox will not work with Xbox One.

Xbox One system software uses a significant amount of storage; less internal storage will be available to users. 500 GB = 500 billion bytes.

You must accept Xbox Terms of Use (including Xbox software terms and game license terms), Microsoft Services Agreement, and Xbox One 1-year limited warranty. Some games have additional license terms.

Terms include binding arbitration with class action waiver to resolve disputes.
Additional requirements will apply.

Recommended Minimum Play Spa

Xbox One the Console War.

Lmao I love this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xVT_8g-mD-4

Anime Forum
06-12-2013, 11:37 PM
This is becoming pathetic. MS I'm getting closer to going PS4. Why must they dig themselves so deep?

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 12:38 AM
To those buying an Xbox 1, goodluck re-buying all your accessories. LIKE ALL of them

http://i.imgur.com/fV9vcFY.jpg

Ranshiin
06-13-2013, 04:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/3RNJvw6.png

You should correct that map of coverage, because most of the UK doesn't meet those requirements. You go more than a hundred yards out of this town and you can't even get 3G coverage

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 08:36 AM
I heard the Xbox One's HDD isn't "swappable".

I guess good luck with 500GB after installing a few games. I know there's cloud and stuff but still.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Xbox, a must get console that cares about all it's gamers around the world.
http://pp.vk.me/c409026/v409026909/11c9/CoZLx5OanmM.jpg
http://www.gametech.ru/sadm_images/00jin/2013/april/2/tumblr_mobez78pPh1r2512ko1_1280.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Ranshiin

Rename this Xbox One Discussion and stick it when you can please.

Ranshiin
06-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Ranshiin

I was about to, and then my house almost got hit by Zeus so I had to turn my computer off. Thunderstorms suck.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 09:45 AM
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/12/dead-rising-3-darker-more-aggressive-and-much-less-comical/

Yeah, way to kill Dead Rising. =\ Should of just name it something else but since "Dead Rising" is already popular, I can see why they kept the name. SMH

Zainox
06-13-2013, 09:57 AM
I had an idea of how bad they screwed themselves over from seeing E3, but those posts by Kaitou+ really made it clear. I don't understand why they would restrict there user base so much, and how they thought it was a good idea.. I don't understand what they were thinking to come up with this result. Playstation will ROCKET in sales this year and Xbox has just helped them along. Nintendo will probably profit from this too from those Playstation haters refusing to touch it.

1.5mbps minimum... Seriously, where I live people max that. We don't have the best internet here, our government is actually just starting to change this to try an give us faster internet. Alot of people here would struggle to use the internet at that speed. Hell, I probably would, and I have a decent connection here.

I planned from the beginning to buy both consoles, but I am seriously questioning it...

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/06/12/dead-rising-3-darker-more-aggressive-and-much-less-comical/

Yeah, way to kill Dead Rising. =\ Should of just name it something else but since "Dead Rising" is already popular, I can see why they kept the name. SMH

This is seriousy the ONLY game I want that's Xbox only. I haven't played the other 2 so I have nothing to go against, but I think this looks awesome. I quickly went through the article you linked, sounded great to me! The only thing that annoys me about the game thus far, is the fact you can call in an air strike.. WTF! How does he have the power to do that? Seems like taking the challange out of surviving and killing zombies, seems to OP for me..

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 10:04 AM
I had an idea of how bad they screwed themselves over from seeing E3, but those posts by Kaitou+ really made it clear. I don't understand why they would restrict there user base so much, and how they thought it was a good idea.. I don't understand what they were thinking to come up with this result. Playstation will ROCKET in sales this year and Xbox has just helped them along. Nintendo will probably profit from this too from those Playstation haters refusing to touch it.

1.5mbps minimum... Seriously, where I live people max that. We don't have the best internet here, our government is actually just starting to change this to try an give us faster internet. Alot of people here would struggle to use the internet at that speed. Hell, I probably would, and I have a decent connection here.

I planned from the beginning to buy both consoles, but I am seriously questioning it...

This is seriousy the ONLY game I want that's Xbox only. I haven't played the other 2 so I have nothing to go against, but I think this looks awesome. I quickly went through the article you linked, sounded great to me! The only thing that annoys me about the game thus far, is the fact you can call in an air strike.. WTF! How does he have the power to do that? Seems like taking the challange out of surviving and killing zombies, seems to OP for me..

Glad I made it easier for you. and saving you from making a mistake.

Zainox
06-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Glad I made it easier for you. and saving you from making a mistake.

My first console of choice was always the PS4, since that's what I have always used. But I planned to buy an Xbox down the road.. Too much trouble it seems...

This isn't a 'red ring of death' incident either, which they can just send out new models and fix.. They would have to change the system entirely to make customers happy. This will hit them hard, I wonder how much they will be affected by this. I assume they will still make some sales, but will it be enough?

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 10:42 AM
I have a friend who is considered a "collector" of all consoles and never sells his games and still makes enough money to get his internet connection going (quite a feat around here). He says he really wouldn't be affected by the restrictions but he refuses to support Xbone and their stupid DRM for the sake of every other gamer and the community. A true friend indeed.

I support this and it's the same thing I will be doing.
___

Another article, these keep coming like hot pancakes:
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/06/microsoft-defends-the-xbox-ones-licensing-used-game-policies/

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 05:30 PM
I wanna stop posting these but I just can't....they keep coming.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/06/12/cd-projekt-red-reacts-to-lack-of-xbox-one-in-poland.aspx

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Got this from a SNK Forum:

At my best buy, the rep told us they only got one Station to set up. They expect low numbers that turned out to be completely wrong. There was up around 200 people in line at any time before 40 minutes till 8pm.

Rep told me they were completely unprepared for the event turnout numbers.

A best buy employee also talked about how Microsoft and Sony have contracts with them to limit competitor demo stations allowed in different stores.

Also in another thread I saw how a Microsoft employee visited a best buy to talk about the Xbox One.

The same thing happened to me where a dude in a Grey-white shirt showed up and asked why everyone was in line. We said Wii U. He said Why?! Why not just go pre-order the Xbox One. He talked about the Xbox One and started to talk to others in line.

People in line told him to leave them alone. He didn't wear a Microsoft t-shirt though.

http://s23.postimg.org/r51klbl63/O7_Pct_G2.jpg

Guess they went as far as harassing people.

Oh it's also on neogaf probably the original source as always.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587891

TadashiED
06-13-2013, 06:55 PM
For the first time in my life, I am leaning towards Sony. I've been an Xbox guy since the original, but all this shit that Micro$oft is pulling is really pushing me towards the PS4. Halo 5 isn't enough to make me buy the Xbox One lol. They just keep making the hole they're in bigger...

Anime Forum
06-13-2013, 07:00 PM
I heard the Xbox One's HDD isn't "swappable".

I guess good luck with 500GB after installing a few games. I know there's cloud and stuff but still.

---------- Post added at 08:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 AM ----------

Xbox, a must get console that cares about all it's gamers around the world.
http://pp.vk.me/c409026/v409026909/11c9/CoZLx5OanmM.jpg
http://www.gametech.ru/sadm_images/00jin/2013/april/2/tumblr_mobez78pPh1r2512ko1_1280.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

Ranshiin

Damn MS lost Crofna. Sales are doomed! Rofl.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 07:02 PM
Anime Forum

Did you look at the Amazon Poll?

PS4 is destroying the Xbox one so... LMAO

Anime Forum
06-13-2013, 07:22 PM
Anime Forum

Did you look at the Amazon Poll?

PS4 is destroying the Xbox one so... LMAO

I'm thinking about switching to PS4 TBH. Depends what system I want at the end of the year.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 07:49 PM
I'm thinking about switching to PS4 TBH. Depends what system I want at the end of the year.

Can't believe you're still thinking about it.

You vote with your wallets tbh, and by purchasing it you're supporting their policies believe it not. Do you think they are gonna be like "Raiken is buying it for the games, lol but he thinks our policies suck". Lol, nah.

It's the reason a lot of people are backing out from buying it.

Kaitou-2
06-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Xbox One Achievements

Xbox blazed the trail back in 2005 by introducing Xbox Live Achievements as a metagame whose cumulative score – Gamerscore – spans across games on every Xbox Live platform. Many of today’s gaming systems followed our model and now offer achievements or badges as well. With Xbox One, we are once again breaking the mold and this time, we want consumers to reap more tangible benefits. In addition to Gamerscore, which will remain as a critical part of the Xbox gaming experience (and yes, your Gamerscore from Xbox 360 will carry forward to Xbox One), consumers can now unlock digital artwork, new maps, unlockable characters, and temporary stat boosts via achievements. And this is not limited to games! Other Xbox One applications such as video and music apps can now use Achievements to bring you awesome sneak peek content, early access, or subscription extensions. Only games will give you Gamerscore.

Cool, you can earn cool stuff with Xbox Live Achievements. Let’s talk about how they work.

There are now two types of Achievements: achievements and challenges. An achievement is probably already familiar. There’s a goal or activity you must accomplish and a reward that you receive upon completion. You can unlock an achievement at any time, be it on a game’s launch day or 3 years later. I guess you can say an achievement is like a promise in that sense. A challenge, on the other hand, is more like an opportunity – better grab it while you can! It is also comprised of a goal and a reward; however, challenges are time-bound (as in, real life time). That means you can only unlock during its eligible time window, and if you get close but don’t complete the goal when it ends… *Kanye shrug*

Achievements and challenges are both officially considered Xbox Live Achievements, so they inherit many of the same benefits

• You can unlock them and win their rewards;

• Once unlocked, they are saved to your achievement history;

• They each have an icon to visualize the cool thing you did;

• They often are associated with a Game DVR capture to show your friends that you are better than they are

• Developers can release more of them after the game’s initial release (more on that in a bit).

There are also some notable differences between them:

• Challenges are time based - As just noted, challenges are only available for a certain period of time. Only your activity during that timeframe will count toward unlocking the challenge. Achievements do not expire, so you can unlock them at your leisure.

• Challenges do not give out Gamerscore - We want everyone to have the same shot at increasing their Gamerscore to its highest potential. Since challenges are intentionally temporary (an opportunity) and achievements never expire (a promise), only achievements may offer Gamerscore as a reward.

• Challenges may cross titles, but achievements cannot - Achievements cannot be shared across titles whereas challenges are allowed to span multiple titles.

• Challenges can be unlocked by the community - Community challenges are typically goals that exceed what a lone player can accomplish in the given period of time. Imagine, for example, a game releases a headshot weekend challenge that requires players to cumulatively headshot 1 million baddies in a 3 day period. And every person who participates and meets the challenge’s goals gets the unlock on his or her achievement history and reaps its reward.

Another really cool thing with the new Achievements system is that it’s cloud-powered. A magical term, I know, but it delivers real value to users. Check it out:

Having cloud-powered achievements makes it easy and consistent to run challenges across all players of a game simultaneously.

It makes it possible for developers to add new achievements and challenges after their game is initially released. Why is that good for you?

1) It means you can get new achievements without always being required to buy new content or download title updates.

2) It allows developers to learn from and respond to user activity and focus on adding stuff that you’ll find fun. For example, let’s say a certain game is known on community forums to have a fun little sub-game of kicking chickens. Wouldn’t it be amazing if the game developers noticed the community enjoying an unintended aspect of the game and creating a challenge around it, with a reward to boot?

3) It empowers developers to involve the community (that means YOU) in the achievement creation process. If they so choose, a developer could run a contest for users to submit and vote on challenge ideas, for example, with the winning idea being released to the public as a legitimate Xbox Live Achievement. Not too shabby!

Let’s bring it all home and talk about what you actually see.

• The Xbox One dashboard experience greatly improves how you discover and view Xbox Live Achievements.

• Ever wondered how far along you were toward completing an achievement, particularly those that involve a lot of collection or linear progress? With Xbox One, games may now expose your latest progression toward unlocking an achievement right on the dashboard, even before you launch the game.

• Quickly catch up on what your friends have been up with the achievement activity feed that keeps you informed about your friends’ latest unlocked achievements.

• Check out video clips of that magical moment when an achievement was unlocked.

• Easily discover upcoming challenges for a game at any time.

• Your achievement history has been transformed into a more beautiful gallery of achievement icons that properly show off your hard-earned victories.

majornelson.com

Anime Forum
06-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Can't believe you're still thinking about it.

You vote with your wallets tbh, and by purchasing it you're supporting their policies believe it not. Do you think they are gonna be like "Raiken is buying it for the games, lol but he thinks our policies suck". Lol, nah.

It's the reason a lot of people are backing out from buying it.

My Xbox friends play a part in it. My fellow gamers man!

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 08:12 PM

It's basic economics. You vote with your wallets and support them with your money.

All the people buying an Xbox One that knows this is BS, they are bending over and saying "Keep screwing me MS, please!" Here's more of my money so you can screw me more.

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

I also posted the achievements in the previous page btw.

Kaitou-2
06-13-2013, 08:28 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/900a1dd3593f20b884d54f9f0b0954d1/tumblr_mo75hmk8uI1qi2b7io1_1280.png

Anime Forum
06-13-2013, 08:31 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/900a1dd3593f20b884d54f9f0b0954d1/tumblr_mo75hmk8uI1qi2b7io1_1280.png

"You can use a VCR offline" Lol based comment!

Ceris
06-13-2013, 09:31 PM
"You can use a VCR offline" Lol based comment!

Such a stupid statement when MS emphasized that even if you can't play games, you can watch TV! /sarcasm

And who have VCRs anymore!?

On a serious note, I seriously wonder what color the Ring of Death is. The original Xbox's error light was orangish

Anime Forum
06-13-2013, 09:35 PM
Such a stupid statement when MS emphasized that even if you can't play games, you can watch TV! /sarcasm

And who have VCRs anymore!?

On a serious note, I seriously wonder what color the Ring of Death is. The original Xbox's error light
was orangish

Maybe same color? I'd hope MS focuses and doesn't send malfunctioning systems to the ones who pre-ordered the systems. VCRS will be more money to buy if this system is megapoo.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 09:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/N1zDZLO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cEuedMe.gif

I know it also shows the PS4 on negative but this is powered by Bing which is by Microsoft, lmao xD

Anime Forum
06-13-2013, 10:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/N1zDZLO.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cEuedMe.gif

I know it also shows the PS4 on negative but this is powered by Bing which is by Microsoft, lmao xD

92.3%? Maybe X1 should release next year and MS can redesign the system o_o..

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-14-2013, 12:47 AM
This is the company you people will give your money to.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMqF-7LCcAAyWvl.jpg

So much arrogance.

Anime Forum
06-14-2013, 12:52 AM
This is the company you people will give your money to.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMqF-7LCcAAyWvl.jpg

So much arrogance.

This isn't arrogance! Let's get based and think for a moment. Maybe X1 wants the award for most ghetto system of all time?

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-14-2013, 12:53 AM
This isn't arrogance! Let's get based and think for a moment. Maybe X1 wants the award for most ghetto system of all time?

That's the most wrong way to use the word. http://s21.postimage.org/lndgu3oj7/E1_Egm_BU.gif

Here:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=based

Anime Forum
06-14-2013, 12:55 AM
That's the most wrong way to use the word. http://s21.postimage.org/lndgu3oj7/E1_Egm_BU.gif

Here:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=based

BASEDGOD where are you? We need you.. Oh wait.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-14-2013, 12:57 AM
BASEDGOD where are you? We need you.. Oh wait.

I like these numbers.

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/519/3502/original.jpg

Anime Forum
06-14-2013, 01:01 AM

I like these numbers.

Lol. X1 is ghetto. I'm eating my words bruh.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-14-2013, 01:05 AM
Lol. X1 is ghetto. I'm eating my words bruh.

We shall both get a PS4 then like smart gamers that don't like to get screwed. http://s21.postimage.org/lndgu3oj7/E1_Egm_BU.gif

Anime Forum
06-14-2013, 01:09 AM
We shall both get a PS4 then like smart gamers that don't like to get screwed. http://s21.postimage.org/lndgu3oj7/E1_Egm_BU.gif

This must be a trick? MS is holding out on us. Maybe X1 will be used like SAO gaming xD?

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-14-2013, 01:17 AM
This must be a trick? MS is holding out on us. Maybe X1 will be used like SAO gaming xD?

I wouldn't compare bad anti-consumer tactics with SAO.

This whole console war is exciting though....Kinda sad that the Xbox is waaay down though. I mean, tbh, it's been the superior system (only in America) as for the rest of the world the PS3 was dominant but then the PS3 equaled the Xbox.

I guess this might be an easy win for Sony now.

Ranshiin
06-14-2013, 03:29 AM

nope.jpg

Pretty much all my friends are on xbox, and I originally planned to just get an xbox one because it'd be easier because 'all my friends are on xbox'. But then a lot of them realised the system's going to suck. One of my friends immediately said after the reveal conference that they're getting a PS4, and I remained indifferent about the matter until the E3 shows earlier this week. Now, I'm swayed towards the PS4 too.

But my friends are still on xbox? My friend has been talking about organising our whole xbox clan for a switch to PS4; there's at least four of us (the bunch who play Borderlands on a regular basis) who will. I've also been warning others about it and suggesting the move. Pretty sure the majority of my friends-list will migrate if others do the same.

And that's the thing. You want to move to PS4 but won't because of your friends being on xbox? Persuade them to do the same. That's what I'm doing, and Xbox is just making it easier to say 'PS4 is better'. This worked in reverse last year; a friend of mine who only had a PS3 traded it in to get an xbox 360, just so he could play games with me. After a while, some of his friends from PS3 followed.

tl;dr just get the PS4 if it's what you really want.

Zainox
06-14-2013, 05:00 AM

I like these numbers.

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/519/3502/original.jpg

Was this legit? When I entered it was normal. :/

Kaleohano
06-14-2013, 06:04 AM
http://funnypicturesplus.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/funny-xbox-one-or-ps4-meme.jpg (http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/559/040/c17.jpg) <-- Click For Specifics

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/thefw.com/files/2013/05/Zoidberg.jpg

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-14-2013, 07:35 AM
nope.jpg

Pretty much all my friends are on xbox, and I originally planned to just get an xbox one because it'd be easier because 'all my friends are on xbox'. But then a lot of them realised the system's going to suck. One of my friends immediately said after the reveal conference that they're getting a PS4, and I remained indifferent about the matter until the E3 shows earlier this week. Now, I'm swayed towards the PS4 too.

But my friends are still on xbox? My friend has been talking about organising our whole xbox clan for a switch to PS4; there's at least four of us (the bunch who play Borderlands on a regular basis) who will. I've also been warning others about it and suggesting the move. Pretty sure the majority of my friends-list will migrate if others do the same.

And that's the thing. You want to move to PS4 but won't because of your friends being on xbox? Persuade them to do the same. That's what I'm doing, and Xbox is just making it easier to say 'PS4 is better'. This worked in reverse last year; a friend of mine who only had a PS3 traded it in to get an xbox 360, just so he could play games with me. After a while, some of his friends from PS3 followed.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/impressed.gif

Yeah, the Xbox 360 wasn't that bad except for Gold's model. It was a legit system but the X1....lol

Unless reason they wouldn't move is that they like getting screwed in the arse by Microsoft.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

Lmao, I posted a similar article but they admitted they want to copy off Steam
http://www.neowin.net/news/anonymous-xbox-engineer-explains-drm-and-microsofts-xbox-one-intentions

Console shouldn't copy Steam....while Steam is great, it works for PC.

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

Really the majority of people have a speck of internet at least once a day. And if you don't. Don't buy an Xbox 1. Just like if you didn't have a broadband connection don't get Live, and if you don't have an HDTV the 360 isn't that great for you either. New tech, new req

Current plan is basically you're fucked after 24 hours. Yeah... I know. Kind of sucks. I believe they will probably revist the time period and / or find a diff way to "call in" to ensure you haven't sold your license to gamestop or something... but there is no plan YET. I'm hoping the change it, but I don't work on that so I don't have much influence there /sigh

>If the power goes out you ain't playing shit. I'm assuming you mean the internet goes out but you have power for TV and Xbox. Yes, You're fucked for single player games. Again, that's the PoR (Plan of record), but I expect it to change after the e3 clusterfuck

>The cloud capabilities is the shit they like the most. We basically made a huge cloud compute shit and made it free. What people are doing with it is kind of cool. THe original intention was to get all the Multiplayer servers not requiring 3rd party costs (Like EA shutting down game servers to cut costs), as well as taking all the games that servers hosted by the clients (Halo, etc), and have all that compute done in the cloud allowing more CPU cycles for gameplay. That will really expand what developers can do. Anything that doesn't need per frame calculation and can handle 100ms delays can be shifted to the cloud. That's huge.

Honestly, if you care about anything other then pure games AT ALL. Xbox 1 > PS4. If all you do is play games, and nothing else, PS4.

This was all from the Microsoft engineer that was on /b/ last night.
http://i.imgur.com/KNtVbgfs.png

HA! I guess PS4 is all about the games.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n2LOQ4N_98

Ranshiin
06-14-2013, 08:40 AM
http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

A friend of mine linked me this. Didn't really persuade me, but as someone who's still trying to remain unsided in the console war (until later in the year when the consoles are near-launch and I know what launch/upcoming titles there are) it's still fairly interesting to read.

My friends are divided on the matter. Some are going PS4, others XB1, solely due to the launch lineups. Opinions can change in a few months.

edit

Oddly, my brother says he's getting an xbox one. I just reminded him that his internet 'probably isn't good enough for it', since last time I benchmarked it I got 1.1 megabit, and that was without anything else going on (my dad does some fancy satelite encryption-key-streaming thing through their internet so when he watches TV it bogs down a bit). Still not got a response back from him, though I suspect he's fairly clueless about the whole console. Next time I see him I'm going to give him the whole talk about buying used games/selling games/lending games and see if he changes his mind. I know he likes to swap games with friends and trade games in when he gets bored of them, and Microsoft's policies are going to put a dent in that.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-14-2013, 10:36 AM
Ranshiin is smart.

As someone who preferred the Xbox as a console preference, he's still not eating the crap that MS is giving him or bending over to them.

Smart, smart.

TBH, that reddit article makes want to see what they have to say more now instead of just NOPE. I'm still not getting it now but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Anime Forum
06-14-2013, 01:26 PM
nope.jpg

Persuading Halo / Achievement fanboys isn't easy, but that isn't the only reason. X1 has better games currently, which is why I game. I game for enjoyable games, which if X1's games are anything like the 360 lineup.. will be great.

Ranshiin
06-14-2013, 02:04 PM
Persuading Halo / Achievement fanboys isn't easy, but that isn't the only reason. X1 has better games currently, which is why I game. I game for enjoyable games, which if X1's games are anything like the 360 lineup.. will be great.

I actually find it the opposite, in that I currently prefer the lineup of games the PS4 has; there aren't any console exclusives the XB1 has that I want. A lot can change in some months though, and maybe Microsoft will pull its arse out its little hole and show out a few games that I'd be interested in, but with confirmation that there's going to be no PGR5 and no Blur 2, so far that seems unlikely.

Ranshiin is smart.

As someone who preferred the Xbox as a console preference, he's still not eating the crap that MS is giving him or bending over to them.

Smart, smart.

TBH, that reddit article makes want to see what they have to say more now instead of just NOPE. I'm still not getting it now but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

I actually don't like the 360, you know. When faced with the console choice of PS3 vs 360 at the time I got one (roughly 3 years ago), it boiled down to three things:

1) the price
2) people I knew who used them
3) the games and controller

I chose the 360 because, whilst the PS3 had a few games that I wanted to play (the Motorstorm series), the majority of people I knew were on 360 and the 360 pad I still believe is better than the PS3's pad. Also, at the time the PS3 was almost twice the cost of a 360, taking into account the free 3-months gold membership I received at the time.

This time around, because I've been on that platform for several years, I've obtained a big of a hefty friends list ... but even with that, I'm attempting to remain unbiased. Yes, some of my friends are migrating to PS4 because of this stuff, and that in itself will partially influence my opinion because I don't want to be stuck playing with randoms for the next year, but the same beliefs that caused me to purchase a 360 still apply to this era of games consoles. This time, contrastingly, the PS4 is both cheaper than the XB1, and presently has what I see as the better launch setup in terms of games. What XB1 has going for it is that currently most of my friends haven't made a decision on what console to get so it's likely most will stick with it simply because they're already using Xbox Live. Also, the XB1 controller I will admit does genuinely look better than the PS4's, and reports from my friend attending E3 (the guy who has already pre-ordered a PS4), admitted that Sony's controller sort of sucks, and has already started making the runs in terms of recommendations for third-party controllers (such as that Madcatz PS3 controller with the interchangeable parts), because even despite the console preference he still agrees that Microsoft's controller is the better one.

So, Sony has the better games line-up and cost.
Whereas Microsoft has the better controller, and the advantage of 'customer loyalty'.

You can see now why I'm staying relatively neutral on the matter; there are pros and cons either way ... not simply in terms of technological aspects and limitations, but also with the social concept which is probably what Microsoft are going on at the moment in order to maintain a userbase. By that I mean it's likely they'll keep most of their current users simply because of the social problem - that users won't switch unless their friends do, which results in a nice little catch-22 where nobody does anything and Microsoft ends up keeping the users. All I can do is ask my friends to consider either choice in the hopes of breaking this stalemate, as I don't want to be forced onto a system simply because 'most of my friends won't unless other friends do'.

tl;dr, I'm going to go make some nachos.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-14-2013, 02:20 PM
I actually find it the opposite, in that I currently prefer the lineup of games the PS4 has; there aren't any console exclusives the XB1 has that I want. A lot can change in some months though, and maybe Microsoft will pull its arse out its little hole and show out a few games that I'd be interested in, but with confirmation that there's going to be no PGR5 and no Blur 2, so far that seems unlikely.

I actually don't like the 360, you know. When faced with the console choice of PS3 vs 360 at the time I got one (roughly 3 years ago), it boiled down to three things:

1) the price
2) people I knew who used them
3) the games and controller

I chose the 360 because, whilst the PS3 had a few games that I wanted to play (the Motorstorm series), the majority of people I knew were on 360 and the 360 pad I still believe is better than the PS3's pad. Also, at the time the PS3 was almost twice the cost of a 360, taking into account the free 3-months gold membership I received at the time.

This time around, because I've been on that platform for several years, I've obtained a big of a hefty friends list ... but even with that, I'm attempting to remain unbiased. Yes, some of my friends are migrating to PS4 because of this stuff, and that in itself will partially influence my opinion because I don't want to be stuck playing with randoms for the next year, but the same beliefs that caused me to purchase a 360 still apply to this era of games consoles. This time, contrastingly, the PS4 is both cheaper than the XB1, and presently has what I see as the better launch setup in terms of games. What XB1 has going for it is that currently most of my friends haven't made a decision on what console to get so it's likely most will stick with it simply because they're already using Xbox Live. Also, the XB1 controller I will admit does genuinely look better than the PS4's, and reports from my friend attending E3 (the guy who has already pre-ordered a PS4), admitted that Sony's controller sort of sucks, and has already started making the runs in terms of recommendations for third-party controllers (such as that Madcatz PS3 controller with the interchangeable parts), because even despite the console preference he still agrees that Microsoft's controller is the better one.

So, Sony has the better games line-up and cost.
Whereas Microsoft has the better controller, and the advantage of 'customer loyalty'.

You can see now why I'm staying relatively neutral on the matter; there are pros and cons either way ... not simply in terms of technological aspects and limitations, but also with the social concept which is probably what Microsoft are going on at the moment in order to maintain a userbase. By that I mean it's likely they'll keep most of their current users simply because of the social problem - that users won't switch unless their friends do, which results in a nice little catch-22 where nobody does anything and Microsoft ends up keeping the users. All I can do is ask my friends to consider either choice in the hopes of breaking this stalemate, as I don't want to be forced onto a system simply because 'most of my friends won't unless other friends do'.

tl;dr, I'm going to go make some nachos.

Social aspect is part why I am getting a PS4.

Most of my friends are getting a PS4 (or both but mostly play on PS4) because and not to be thought as any shots to anybody, but we don't like bend over and take it from MS. I know joke is getting old but that's the truth. I mean I know entire forums or 90% of a forum that aren't gonna get the Xbox One. I think like 90-95% of the Gaming section of Naruto Forums gonna get a PS4 and not an Xbox One. And like I said, while these practices may not affect us, it's still wrong so we refused to support it.

I'm not getting an Xbox because I can't afford it, like I said, I am voting against it with my wallet. (Cause you know, if I buy it for the games, it will still go as me supporting the entire thing in MS's eyes) That's just me I guess.

I mean with LIVE, you gotta pay to use EVERYTHING as for PSN+ you only play for Online + and you get free games. (And the things that should be free, they are free).

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Was this legit? When I entered it was normal. :/

Sorry for late reply, it's obviously a photoshop. xD

I don't see how it can be legit (unless some tempering).

Zainox
06-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Sorry for late reply, it's obviously a photoshop. xD

I don't see how it can be legit (unless some tempering).

Yeah, I assumed it to be some kind of hack. Still funny nonetheless. :P

Anoleis
06-14-2013, 09:11 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d8c9467f3dc011966f1c7cc10a0a3598/tumblr_mobcz3Lc7h1rsmjeno1_1280.jpg

ZombieWolf2508
06-15-2013, 05:26 AM
I've honestly never really liked the XBox. I've played each Playstation amd each XBox except, of course, the next gens. I fully believe the XBox One will be the end of Microsoft. It's a terrible idea in every way, shape and form.

Also, does anyone know if the rumor about the E3 demos actually being ran on high performance computers rather than the console is true or not?

Ranshiin
06-15-2013, 06:20 AM
I've honestly never really liked the XBox. I've played each Playstation amd each XBox except, of course, the next gens. I fully believe the XBox One will be the end of Microsoft. It's a terrible idea in every way, shape and form.

Also, does anyone know if the rumor about the E3 demos actually being ran on high performance computers rather than the console is true or not?
IIRC one demo of Battlefield 4 was run on a PC; someone took a screenshot of the keyboard controls being on-screen.

However, that's practically always been the case for game demos; the dev-kits for the consoles tend to be the computer-equivalents (i.e. the xbox 360 games were developed/tested using PowerMac G5s ... no joke), and since the next-gen hardware is more on-par with normal computer tech, it makes sense.

Also with that in mind, they probably don't yet have actual working devkits to make tests and demos on, so they will just end up using a computer that's on-par with the mooted tech (basically an i7, a lot of RAM and an ati 7950 or something like that). That's probably why the Assassins Creed 4 demo crashed too, lol.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-15-2013, 11:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1X5bQ1rYvI

Eris
06-15-2013, 12:14 PM
This PR nightmare Microsoft has gotten itself into will probably be a case study at most business schools for decades to come.

That being said, the people who are throwing away their 360 games to punish Microsoft are if possibly even more stupid than Microsoft's PR department.

Anime Forum
06-15-2013, 05:23 PM
This PR nightmare Microsoft has gotten itself into will probably be a case study at most business schools for decades to come.

That being said, the people who are throwing away their 360 games to punish Microsoft are if possibly even more stupid than Microsoft's PR department.

Yeah. Never throw away good games!

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-15-2013, 09:01 PM
Yeah. Never throw away good games!

A few Xbox games are trash but since another person's trash is another treasure...I would at least try to make some profit out of it.

A32m
06-16-2013, 02:42 AM
The more information I get about the Xbox one, the more I'm finding myself not willing to buy one. The core foundation of console gaming is the ability to play with friends when they come over or vice versa. That is why I still own a console today. Other wise I would only play my PC.

Seriously, Nintendo will always be the middle and always has been because they dropped hardware pretties and focused on the core foundation, again, of what console gaming is about. I honestly see just Sony and Nintendo in the future (not a fortune teller), Sony understood the message, and stayed with it, hence why me and my brother are willing to break the tradition of "opposite console war purchase" because of how controlling and complex Xbox one will be. I honestly thought Microsoft would drop fees for playing online this time, next thing you know they are charging you for lending a game or worse, not allowing you to play a used game.

Even worse Microsoft will probably try and keep the Xbox One alive just because they have the cash to do so.

I won't buy an Xbox one, I say this sadly because I owned an Xbox 360 when JRPG's were booming in it. I currently own a PS3, and felt it has done well for its time (Waiting for Dark Souls 2!), and will most likely buy PS4 at launch with FF15.

Seriously Microsoft, dressing the console up is not working either.

Ωmega
06-17-2013, 10:44 PM
This was a great interview. At least they're admitting where they went wrong

46yBdG6cicA

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Lol, I was sure it was a rickroll.

>too short to be a great interview...too short even for a quick interview.
>time timeframe as never gonna give you up. (I mean, everyone should have this memorized by now. xD)
>MS NEVERS APOLOGIZES. EGOMANIACS.

Well played. :p

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 01:18 PM
Silliness aside, this was an interesting read:

http://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/1g8t5e/lets_clear_up_the_issues_used_games_kinect/

I also cant help but sit back and wonder- people get so upset over DRM with X1. Sure, PS4 leaves it up to the publishers....but who says a publisher will have DRM on one system but not the other? Realistically, any shared game will have DRM, so only PS4 exclusives have the possibility of *not* having DRM. But thats just my train of thought. I'll die laughing if Im right and Sony fanboys cry themselves to sleep while I play Mario

GameGeeks
06-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Silliness aside, this was an interesting read:

I also cant help but sit back and wonder- people get so upset over DRM with X1. Sure, PS4 leaves it up to the publishers....but who says a publisher will have DRM on one system but not the other? Realistically, any shared game will have DRM, so only PS4 exclusives have the possibility of *not* having DRM. But thats just my train of thought. I'll die laughing if Im right and Sony fanboys cry themselves to sleep while I play Mario
That link is irrelevant now since Microsoft caved.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 05:53 PM
That link is irrelevant now since Microsoft caved.

lol, I just heard.

edit, for those who want to read about it-

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/19/tech/gaming-gadgets/xbox-drm/index.html

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Saw, better article as much as I don't like IGNorant
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/19/microsoft-reversing-xbox-one-internet-used-game-policies

It's a 90 percent to the right direction now. The price and the kinect thing are still things to consider with the competition.

But good job, MS.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Looks like they took off region lock too. Nice

HELLO JAPANESE GAMES I WONT BE ABLE TO READ =3

Eris
06-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Yay! Common sense prevails!

The damage is probably already done though. Sooo many PS4 pre-orders.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 06:17 PM
Looks like they took off region lock too. Nice

HELLO JAPANESE GAMES I WONT BE ABLE TO READ =3

Yeah, but in 2013 that should be a must...especially with a console that it's motherland is Japan.

*cough* Nintendo *cough*

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Yeah, but in 2013 that should be a must...especially with a console that it's motherland is Japan.

*cough* Nintendo *cough*

I couldnt agree more with you =/

Issue is Nintendo loves to put things in their games that arent allowed in ours [Mario Party had to remove Wario and Luigi saying "Oh my God~" when they lost because its against our policies...or something] so it becomes a touchy subject.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 06:30 PM
I couldnt agree more with you =/

Issue is Nintendo loves to put things in their games that arent allowed in ours [Mario Party had to remove Wario and Luigi saying "Oh my God~" when they lost because its against our policies...or something] so it becomes a touchy subject.

While that's understandable.

They shouldn't complain when they get their consoles and handhelds hacked, tbh. I mean, part of it it's for Region free which later becomes piracy. Might as well try to make it Region Free...I mean, if you think about it, all their handhelds were and the 3DS broke that chain.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 06:36 PM
While that's understandable.

They shouldn't complain when they get their consoles and handhelds hacked, tbh. I mean, part of it it's for Region free which later becomes piracy. Might as well try to make it Region Free...I mean, if you think about it, all their handhelds were and the 3DS broke that chain.

lol, I agree. NoA can be really stingy and Japan releases some really great games that are "Cero C" and "Cero D" [15+ and 17+ games] that will never see the light of day here because its 'too graphic/sexual/what have you' to come to America....which is crap.

Theyre about to release their first Cero Z game for the Wii U, bet we'll never get to play it.

Done get why they just dont do here what they do in Japan- E games are in white boxes, games that need ID are in black boxes.

Eris
06-19-2013, 06:37 PM
To be fair, Japan *does* release some pretty dubious games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Raper).

GameGeeks
06-19-2013, 06:39 PM
To be fair, Japan *does* release some pretty dubious games (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Raper).
To be fair, this is Japan. There's been tentacle rape since the 70's.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 06:40 PM
lol, I agree. NoA can be really stingy and Japan releases some really great games that are "Cero C" and "Cero D" [15+ and 17+ games] that will never see the light of day here because its 'too graphic/sexual/what have you' to come to America....which is crap.

Theyre about to release their first Cero Z game for the Wii U, bet we'll never get to play it.

Done get why they just dont do here what they do in Japan- E games are in white boxes, games that need ID are in black boxes.

This is why they should just make it region free.

You know what's the stupid argument? It hurts sales, but how can it hurt sales if you never release it in other regions. People mostly import because the game is never coming to their region.

rf switch
06-19-2013, 08:03 PM
You know what's the stupid argument? It hurts sales, but how can it hurt sales if you never release it in other regions. People mostly import because the game is never coming to their region.
Not only that the import scene in countries where the console has been officially released is fairly small. There's a reason why most shops that deal with imported games in places like the US are mostly small independently owned shops. Places like Gamestop and EB hardly ever dealt with them. The only time I can really remember places like Gamestop and EB dealing with import games is when Sega wasn't supported the Saturn here anyone so they'd sell things like Radiant Silvergun, Deep Fear, X-Men vs. Street Fighter along with the region free cart/adapter.

Anime Forum
06-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Right when I switched to PS.. Well back on the X1 bandwagon.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 08:09 PM
Not only that the import scene in countries where the console has been officially released is fairly small. There's a reason why most shops that deal with imported games in places like the US are mostly small independently owned shops. Places like Gamestop and EB hardly ever dealt with them. The only time I can really remember places like Gamestop and EB dealing with import games is when Sega wasn't supported the Saturn here anyone so they'd sell things like Radiant Silvergun, Deep Fear, X-Men vs. Street Fighter along with the region free cart/adapter.

This was more of a situation of localizing games [translating, English voice acting, etc] over bringing imported games.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 08:15 PM
Right when I switched to PS.. Well back on the X1 bandwagon.

Like I said, it's a 90 degree turn to the right side. It's still has BSs. (Kinect Spycams lol) I know you can alter the privacy settings but we still need the option to take that off completely.

But I guess it's more acceptable now to support it.

This was more of a situation of localizing games [translating, English voice acting, etc] over bringing imported games.

This.

GameGeeks
06-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Like I said, it's a 90 degree turn to the right side. It's still has BSs. (Kinect Spycams lol) I know you can alter the privacy settings but we still need the option to take that off completely.

But I guess it's more acceptable now to support it.

This.
Not really, should still be a case of really hitting the nail on the head.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Not really, should still be a case of really hitting the nail on the head.

Well, people's biggest beef was the whole DRM thing...it still has BSes but there's less reasons not to get one aside from the "spycams". A lot of people are considering one now, tbh....videos everywhere about it and posts too. Personally, I'll get one too but probably not Day 1 since I want to hear more about their change policies (them saying they are changing features and whatnot). But you don't involve yourself in console gaming communities so you wouldn't know, Mr. Forgotten Me will beat TLOU. Lmao I just had to take a shot at that, sorry.

Of course, like people said the damage has already been done so PS4 might still do better (or it's understandable if people still refuse to get one).

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 09:39 PM

You could always put a cloth over the kinect...

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 09:40 PM
You could always put a cloth over the kinect...

It still can hear you though.

I don't mind Kinect much though, but but I think it's better if we can just scrap that crap but either way goes I guess.

GameGeeks
06-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Well, people's biggest beef was the whole DRM thing...it still has BSes but there's less reasons not to get one aside from the "spycams". A lot of people are considering one now, tbh....videos everywhere about it and posts too. Personally, I'll get one too but probably not Day 1 since I want to hear more about their change policies (them saying they are changing features and whatnot). But you don't involve yourself in console gaming communities so you wouldn't know, Mr. Forgotten Me will beat TLOU. Lmao I just had to take a shot at that, sorry.

Of course, like people said the damage has already been done so PS4 might still do better (or it's understandable if people still refuse to get one).
No, I mean despite that. Really letting companies know not to do that. Even if they caved they still aimed for it and if they thought they could get away with it would still do it.

Anime Forum
06-19-2013, 09:42 PM

Spycams? Well, I'll just fap in front of the kinect. END

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 09:46 PM
No, I mean despite that. Really letting companies know not to do that. Even if they caved they still aimed for it and if they thought they could get away with it would still do it.

That's why I said the damage was already done.

But at the same time, getting one isn't frown upon as much anymore.

GameGeeks
06-19-2013, 09:54 PM
That's why I said the damage was already done.

But at the same time, getting one isn't frown upon as much anymore.
Me
http://www.teevault.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/dp_badCSRep-650x400.jpg

Ranshiin
06-20-2013, 07:21 AM
^ that guy has Hypno Toad eyes.

Ontopic: I came in here to see if anybody already knew about Microsoft getting their head out of their arses, but that was a stupid thing to wonder. I was in a chatroom last night when someone linked me the Kotaku article in Steam, and by the time I'd read it and gone to the chat to copypasta it, two other people were already talking about it and had even ninja'd me to the link.

To be fair to me, I wasn't bothered too badly about the DRM. What bothers me is the Orwellian cameras and the whole thing about featuring TV and movies all the fucking time (cough which I can't use because my cable box uses HDCP so all the xbox will get is a black screen). Those things are still present and still a concern to me. However, a lot of the weight's been lifted from that ball-and-chain and so getting an XB1 is actually feasible now.

However, I'll probably still get a PS4, or maybe hold off on both entirely until sometime next year, when I know more about what games are out and what games will be in the works. I don't want to buy the new console JUST for the launch titles, but besides the controller there is still nothing about the XB1 that interests me enough to make me want one.

I also learned The Crew won't be out until early 2014, so the only reason I'd buy a PS4 at launch is probably for NFS: Rivals and the random FPS games. Bit of a dilemma, that.

Still best off giving it the benefit of a few months' wait. Might be harder to pre-order a console in October, but I don't want to just jump to conclusions without having all the knowledge and facts. And games.

threewolves
06-20-2013, 11:08 AM
I was getting one anyways, even with the DRM, due to I believe sooner or later thats just how its going to be, and Microsoft was the first to do it. Its not like Sony wasnt going to have it, they just took the easy way out and said they will leave it up to the publishers.

I did think of switching to PS though. I had a PS3, but only used it for the blu-ray. But figured since Gamestop was having a decent deal at the time, took it in, with some games and got the instore credit, put that down towrds the XboxOne.

I understood the gripes, but my list of friends all have the 360 right now, and most wont be switching to either for a bit. So if I want to still game with them, will need to stick with Xbox. Plus, the old gripe that Sony doesnt chage for Sony Live, is no longer a valid point anymore anyways, since I believe they are going to start charging for it, or something to that effect, cant remember the details, will need to look them back up.

Now if Microsoft was even smarter, they would come out with a version of the XBoxOne, without the kinect and charge $399.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Me
http://www.teevault.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/dp_badCS0.jpg

You're a PC Elitist who barely plays games. Your opinion is invalid. http://dbxforums.com/images/smilies/kruemelmonster.gif

I was getting one anyways, even with the DRM, due to I believe sooner or later thats just how its going to be, and Microsoft was the first to do it. Its not like Sony wasnt going to have it, they just took the easy way out and said they will leave it up to the publishers.

I did think of switching to PS though. I had a PS3, but only used it for the blu-ray. But figured since Gamestop was having a decent deal at the time, took it in, with some games and got the instore credit, put that down towrds the XboxOne.

I understood the gripes, but my list of friends all have the 360 right now, and most wont be switching to either for a bit. So if I want to still game with them, will need to stick with Xbox. Plus, the old gripe that Sony doesnt chage for Sony Live, is no longer a valid point anymore anyways, since I believe they are going to start charging for it, or something to that effect, cant remember the details, will need to look them back up.

Now if Microsoft was even smarter, they would come out with a version of the XBoxOne, without the kinect and charge $399.

Buying an Xbox One is a slap in the face and a disservice to all gamers, tbh and that you (in general) don't care about MS taking away your privileges and rights. Liek Ranshiin said, all your friends could've gotten a PS4 with convincing and whatnot.

Like I said, it was a drastic move....If they want to introduce this, they should of make the transition slower....Keep Physical and introduce "the future" with the digital versions.

But they dropped it, they saw it was a very bad idea so I'll give them credit for that for making a smart move. It shows that if we complain, we can make a difference. Now I don't really see why not to get one eventually.

GameGeeks
06-20-2013, 12:47 PM
You're a PC Elitist who barely plays games. Your opinion is invalid. http://dbxforums.com/images/smilies/kruemelmonster.gif
I'll give you the first part, but where'd you get I barely play games? I generally always have some game going.

Ranshiin
06-20-2013, 01:01 PM
I have a sneaking feeling that Microsoft's decision to do something right hasn't actually gone right with everyone, because out of the blue the entirely of the xbox servers have gone down.

Could just be some random power outage. Or, it could be Anonymous performing a DDoS to demonstrate to Microsoft how easy it would have been to stop everyone using the Xbox One... either way I now have nothing to do ._.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-20-2013, 03:01 PM
I'll give you the first part, but where'd you get I barely play games? I generally always have some game going.

Your opinion is still invalid. http://dbxforums.com/images/smilies/kruemelmonster.gif

GameGeeks
06-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Your opinion is still invalid. http://dbxforums.com/images/smilies/kruemelmonster.gif
Yeah, but all my opinions are invalid for you. So tell me something new.

Anime Forum
06-20-2013, 05:00 PM
For X1 Supporters: http://i.imgur.com/7T41K6O.png

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-20-2013, 05:05 PM
For X1 Supporters: http://i.imgur.com/7T41K6O.png

Lol if someone wears that here...smh

Anime Forum
06-20-2013, 05:35 PM
Lol if someone wears that here...smh

Lol, I may! More: http://i.imgur.com/YUPZQKR.png

06-20-2013, 06:44 PM
http://dashburst.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/download-2.png

Who can argue with logic like that? *Sarcastically applauds Microsoft*

rf switch
06-20-2013, 07:07 PM
With or without the DRM I wasn't going to get one anytime soon. Microsoft's exclusives rarely appeal to me.

And their "console" exclusives that can also be found on PC I'd rather get on PC. I'm interested in Titan Fall. I'm not sure I'll get it just yet, but it's coming to PC where I'd much rather play it with mouse and keyboard.

Ranshiin
06-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Lol, I may! More: http://i.imgur.com/YUPZQKR.png
I'd wear that.

For Science.

Anime Forum
06-20-2013, 07:42 PM
I'd wear that.

For Science.

Lol, I'll post more PS4 and WIIU ones tomorrow. A guy I know is making these.

rf switch
06-26-2013, 04:49 AM
Even though my interenet wasn't out for a whole day today it going off and on and mostly off when I actually wanted to use it, it made me realize that it's good that MS dropped their DRM policy. It's too early to push something like that and succeed. Perhaps they would have succeed in getting ISP's in the US to be more reliable but they would have failed as a gaming/entertainment console.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-27-2013, 11:07 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/125192-We-Are-Watching-You-Legislation-Could-Affect-Xbox-One

I hope this passes.

Xbox Gamers should think of it as a good thing---no Kinect, less money..It will on par with the PS3 on Price or around it.

I really hope they remove Kinect.

Ranshiin
06-28-2013, 03:20 AM
I hope it does.

... Because right now, the Orwellian kinect is pretty much the only major thing about the Xbox One that's making me not want one.

The other major thing being that it wants me to 'use my TV to watch TV on my xbox through my TV.' and all the Netflix ad spam... but for this moment in time it's irrelevant.

Light Buster
07-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Old news but the DRM policy was reversed though Microsoft will not be utilizing cloud gaming as a result.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-10-2013, 10:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shr9mJKvrV0

LMAO People made a petition to bring DRM back?

http://www.pictureshack.us/images/52048_universal-ryoma.gif

Miss Moonlight
07-11-2013, 01:18 AM
TV. TV. TV. Television. Sports.

Be right back, going to play an actual game console.

Ranshiin
07-11-2013, 04:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shr9mJKvrV0

LMAO People made a petition to bring DRM back?

They're probably just trolling to try and run Microsoft back down into the mud after the whole debacle. To be honest, Microsoft did a good enough job without any help anyway, dunno why they're trying.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-11-2013, 06:52 AM
They're probably just trolling to try and run Microsoft back down into the mud after the whole debacle. To be honest, Microsoft did a good enough job without any help anyway, dunno why they're trying.

Lolyeah, Sonydrones signed it.

He made a good point, they will bring this back at some point. lol

Ranshiin
07-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Lolyeah, Sonydrones signed it.

He made a good point, they will bring this back at some point. lol
Probably a year or so down the line, when everyone already has an XBO and it's not worth them buying a new console.

I mean, look at how they ruined the Xbox 360 UI given enough time.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-27-2013, 09:52 AM
So Xbones will be technically devkits as well.

Still meh.

Zainox
08-08-2013, 08:38 PM
http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/08/xbox-one-includes-chat-headset?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

With the new xbox, you will get a free headset! O:

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-08-2013, 08:47 PM
http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/08/08/xbox-one-includes-chat-headset?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

With the new xbox, you will get a free headset! O:

Day 1 Buy confirmed.

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-10-2013, 02:45 AM
It's cute how MS it's giving us more reasons to not to buy it's brick.

http://i.imgur.com/qcnP1L6.jpg

It's Sony's move, now.

---------- Post added at 03:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

I take it back....
http://i.imgur.com/BE9DlI2.png
But regardless, I think I have ways I could've bypass it anyways.

Ranshiin
08-10-2013, 05:16 AM
... So I'm guessing that Turtle Beaches don't work on it?

Actually, someone should go ask them this. I'm gonna be pretty pissed if I have to wait for them to make an Xbox One-compatible 'Beach, because I bought my X-12's not too long ago. =|

(this is if I hypothetically buy one, which I doubt... because of that kinect.)

Also ... the xbox 360 came with a headset too. Admittedly a very shoddy and shitty headset, but still. why all the hype?

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-10-2013, 08:19 AM
... So I'm guessing that Turtle Beaches don't work on it?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-360-controllers-accessories-wont-work-on-xbox-one-6408716

Actually, someone should go ask them this. I'm gonna be pretty pissed if I have to wait for them to make an Xbox One-compatible 'Beach, because I bought my X-12's not too long ago. =|

You should of done your research but, the Xbox 360 isn't going anywhere so it's not like you bought it for nothing, especially cause it works for PC.

Also ... the xbox 360 came with a headset too. Admittedly a very shoddy and shitty headset, but still. why all the hype?

Sarcasm?

Ranshiin
08-10-2013, 09:28 AM
You should of done your research

... That's why I asked.

Sarcasm?

... The Xbox 360 headsets are shoddy and shitty. I had to buy a Turtle Beach just because I was sick of having to shout to make it pick my voice up. Also, they don't friggin' fit on my head properly.

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Actually, someone should go ask them this. I'm gonna be pretty pissed if I have to wait for them to make an Xbox One-compatible 'Beach, because I bought my X-12's not too long ago. =|*

... That's why I asked.

.................................................. .....Should of done your research if you were concerned about it not being compatible.

In serious talk, One of the reasons I'm holding myself off buying any accessories until next-gen.

... The Xbox 360 headsets are shoddy and shitty. I had to buy a Turtle Beach just because I was sick of having to shout to make it pick my voice up. Also, they don't friggin' fit on my head properly.

.................................................. ....Lol.

Ranshiin
08-10-2013, 11:47 AM
.................................................. .....Should of done your research if you were concerned about it not being compatible.

Again, that's why I asked.

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-10-2013, 11:49 AM
Again, that's why I asked.

SMH, I was messing with you on that one. lol

But what I meant, you should of done some research prior buying it if it's worrying you.

Ranshiin
08-10-2013, 11:57 AM
But what I meant, you should of done some research prior buying it if it's worrying you.

I bought it a couple months ago so nobody even knew that much about this console, there wasn't really any research there to be done.

Besides, I'm not worried. I don't even really care about either next-gen console at this point. It's just something I'm opting to consider for whenever I decide which one I want ... kinda like PS4's issue with HDCP.

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-10-2013, 11:58 AM
I bought it a couple months ago so nobody even knew that much about this console, there wasn't really any research there to be done.

Gotcha.

I took "not too long ago." = recently.

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-12-2013, 05:07 PM
Besides, I'm not worried. I don't even really care about either next-gen console at this point. It's just something I'm opting to consider for whenever I decide which one I want ... kinda like PS4's issue with HDCP.

Just read this:
Not really an issue cause of alternate ways.
___

OT
http://gematsu.com/2013/08/xbox-one-wont-require-kinect-to-function
http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actually-need-kinect-plugged-in-microso-1113142909

GG MS...or rather Retconsoft. Desperate.

Ranshiin
08-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Just read this:
Not really an issue cause of alternate ways.
___

OT
GG MS...or rather Retconsoft. Desperate.

I read of ways to bypass the HDCP (via use of some specific splitter boxes and set-ups to fool the encryption), but it apparently introduces a lot of lag due to the output loop and my TV is laggy enough (about 40ms) as it is; I don't want to be buying more hardware just to be able to use my Hauppauge to record videos.

Also, Retconsoft have pretty much swayed me towards getting an XBone now that they're getting rid of the mandatory Orwellian camera. I still think their OS is trash but eh.

Even so, I'm not getting either at launch; going to wait for some games to come out and for friends to decide on what they want.

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-12-2013, 07:37 PM
I read of ways to bypass the HDCP (via use of some specific splitter boxes and set-ups to fool the encryption), but it apparently introduces a lot of lag due to the output loop and my TV is laggy enough (about 40ms) as it is; I don't want to be buying more hardware just to be able to use my Hauppauge to record videos.

Also, Retconsoft have pretty much swayed me towards getting an XBone now that they're getting rid of the mandatory Orwellian camera. I still think their OS is trash but eh.

Even so, I'm not getting either at launch; going to wait for some games to come out and for friends to decide on what they want.

lolno..it's a converter.
and I wouldn't call it fool, since in ways it's not really fooling.
____
It still will come with the console so you'll be paying for something completely worthless now. When we were forced to use it, at least we are using it.

I don't know how I feel about this.

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Rumor: FIFA 14 free with every Xbox One in Europe
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/34/1376932200-fifa-14.pnghttp://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/34/1376932200-xbox-one.jpg
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/fifa-14xbox-one-bundle-set-for-gamescom-reveal/0120326

Maybe Ranshiin will be interested? LMAO Microsoft.
http://www.pictureshack.us/images/52048_universal-ryoma.gif

Ranshiin
08-19-2013, 01:35 PM
I hate sports.

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-19-2013, 04:41 PM
I hate sports.

Sure you doooo....

rf switch
08-19-2013, 06:44 PM
Buying a PS4 and FIFA '14 is cheaper than buying an XBOX ONE that's bundled with FIFA '14.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-04-2013, 07:24 PM
lol
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/36/1378338452-x1-day-one-forza-5.jpg

Considering Forza it's an exclusive, it's the better deal.

Still not worth getting tho.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-09-2013, 01:17 PM
http://www.nederob.nl/wp-content/2013/08/major-nelson-xbox-one-gif.gif

Careful...the NSA is watching.

Lmaao

Ranshiin
09-28-2013, 04:35 AM
So, it's been apparently confirmed that with the XBone's HDMI passthrough, you can use an Xbox One to ... use a PS4.

Seriously. Microsoft 'don't want you to', though. Made me laugh.

Still not getting either console.

mr.kudos
11-20-2013, 12:06 AM
If I'm going to buy an Xbox One then Dead Rising 3 is my first purchase...I'm still annoyed that capcom made it exclusive to xbox one

Hanamaru Kunikida
11-20-2013, 12:29 AM
If I'm going to buy an Xbox One then Dead Rising 3 is my first purchase...I'm still annoyed that capcom made it exclusive to xbox one

Not worth the 10FPS.

mr.kudos
11-20-2013, 10:31 PM
well it's still on my mind if I should buy Xbox one is Dead Rising 3...I mean there's still dead rising 4 (if there's going to be one) and that would be mean available to both consoles just like Dead Rising 2

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-06-2014, 12:00 AM
As expected, the Xbox One launch in Japan was abysmal, but the Xbox 360 didn't do too great either.

Luckily, it's still getting Japanese developer support though....Microsoft should give up on releasing it in Japan though...

Galleya
09-06-2014, 03:26 AM
I'm not a fan of the X1. It's not because the System is bad or something like that but I'm a Sonyboy since I started my gaming career. I have a PS,PS2,PSP,PSV,PS3 and PS4.

Light Buster
09-06-2014, 03:44 AM
As expected, the Xbox One launch in Japan was abysmal, but the Xbox 360 didn't do too great either.

Luckily, it's still getting Japanese developer support though....Microsoft should give up on releasing it in Japan though...

There are people who do play it though weirdly enough.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-06-2014, 08:24 AM
There are people who do play it though weirdly enough.

Well of course there's a small audience, but that fact that the Wii U outsold the overall sales of the Xbox 360 in Japan says something.

The only reason it even sold was because of Monster Hunter, so unless they make another Monster Hunter exclusive, the Xbox One will fail miserably, a lot more than then Xbox 360.

Ranshiin
09-06-2014, 08:41 AM
It's probably because the majority of 'popular' 360 games are fps and Japan apparently hates fps games.

Example: I learned that Borderlands 2 was 'too hard' for Japan and their version of the game got nerfed.

I mean ... really? Borderlands 2? Hard? The only thing 'hard' about Borderlands 2 is getting the guns you want. :X

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-06-2014, 08:58 AM
It's probably because the majority of 'popular' 360 games are fps and Japan apparently hates fps games.

Example: I learned that Borderlands 2 was 'too hard' for Japan and their version of the game got nerfed.

I mean ... really? Borderlands 2? Hard? The only thing 'hard' about Borderlands 2 is getting the guns you want. :X

Exactly, so unless any Japanese exclusive releases there, the system is gonna be dead. I'm not even sure how well Scalebound or the Phantom Dust will do there. I mean Phantom Dust barely sold overall.

That's news to me, and coming from people who can play Monster Hunter and the like. I'm really surprised. The FPS genre isn't even that hard, at least compared to the other ones.

Light Buster
09-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Well of course there's a small audience, but that fact that the Wii U outsold the overall sales of the Xbox 360 in Japan says something.

That's because Wii U was made in Japan. No surprises there, obviously.

I guess that means no next gen anime style FPS games anytime soon. My hopes for anime style games was dashed within seconds. I can't believe the Japanese have a hard time with FPS games. (Which I find dumb.)

Exactly, so unless any Japanese exclusive releases there, the system is gonna be dead. I'm not even sure how well Scalebound or the Phantom Dust will do there. I mean Phantom Dust barely sold overall.

At least we have a person (or so) is playing American games like Killer Instinct. Well, only time will tell. They will have a use for the Xbox One in terms of game.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-06-2014, 11:41 AM
That's because Wii U was made in Japan. No surprises there, obviously.

While that's true, that doesn't hold a candle much because the PS4's launch wasn't all that great in Japan either.

Japan is really just into handheld gaming.

And no, the Xbox One will do as good as the Xbox 360 there maybe a little bit better, don't expect it to be a success.

Light Buster
09-06-2014, 11:44 AM
Japan is really just into handheld gaming.

Console/PC are going to be obsolete very soon due to this. :P

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-06-2014, 08:11 PM
Console/PC are going to be obsolete very soon due to this. :P

Nah, Mobile gaming is somewhat killing Handhelds too.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-10-2014, 12:51 AM
For some reason I don't like the COD Design anymore so I decided to cancel that pre-order, especially cause I won't be playing that bad excuse of a game.

Went with Sunset Overdrive, which looks fun and the white Xbox One should match a lot with my PS4.

Not to mention, now I can safely buy Halo.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-14-2016, 02:23 AM
Here is article regarding the new features:
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/xbox-live-add-clubs-arena-more

Arena is lit. Could be useful if AF ever decides to do something. Clubs sounds like a straight rip off from Communities but then again we needed it as well. Good feature.

Article regarding the new Xbox One Slim
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/xbox-one-s-slim-model-officially-announced

500GB Xbox One S is $299 USD/ £249 GBP / €299 EUR
1TB Xbox One S is $349 USD / £299 GBP / €349 EUR
Limited launch edition 2TB Xbox One S will be available in select markets for $399 USD / £349 GBP / €399 EUR

Project Scorpio:
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/microsoft-announces-project-scorpio

Rumor: (Project Scorpio Exclusives)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1232993
^Kinda goes against the no gamers left behind, lol.

Cross-Play is dope too since it allows me not to have an Xbox One anymore and still play with my stubborn friends that refuse to upgrade when they perfectly can. It''s not only with Windows 10 either so that's good.

Also, for those interested. ReCore Collector's Edition (https://t.co/egqXTSMbHN). I'm getting the game on PC so it's all good.

Last thing Halo Wars 2
Beta is up:
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/halo-wars-2-open-beta-begin-june-13

Here's more info on it. Coming out February 21st:
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/halo-wars-2-launches-february-21

Not posting everything, too much work (I'm lazy) and this isn't my section. http://i.imgur.com/DBc5g8E.png

Qoco
06-14-2016, 02:27 AM
I kinda want the white Xbox One S.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-14-2016, 02:49 PM
Cuphead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KaXZcjQiWc

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-17-2016, 02:20 PM
No need for the Scorpio then unless you want to game at 4k
https://www.destructoid.com/don-t-have-a-4k-tv-xbox-head-suggests-not-upgrading-to-scorpio-368685.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Qoco
06-17-2016, 03:12 PM
They don't want people to stop buying the Xbox One and the Xbox One S.

Ranshiin
06-18-2016, 07:19 AM
So does that mean that the Scorpio will likely run all games at 30fps? 1080/30, 1440/30 and 2160/30?

I suppose it makes sense in terms of keeping consistency across games on the various 'platforms' (and also because a lot of video games still inexplicably tie a lot of physics timings to the frame rate, cough Destiny cough >_>). But if the Scorpio can pull 4K at 30fps people are going to bitch that it won't do 1080p at 60. It's a given, and gamers are assholes at their cores.

I mean, I'll be surprised too to see the hardware wasted just because a display doesn't support a higher resolution. I'm not going to be buying a new monitor for a while, so I'm going to be disappointed if there -isn't- some advantage to running the Scorpio on a lower resolution.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-18-2016, 03:20 PM
So does that mean that the Scorpio will likely run all games at 30fps? 1080/30, 1440/30 and 2160/30?

I suppose it makes sense in terms of keeping consistency across games on the various 'platforms' (and also because a lot of video games still inexplicably tie a lot of physics timings to the frame rate, cough Destiny cough >_>). But if the Scorpio can pull 4K at 30fps people are going to bitch that it won't do 1080p at 60. It's a given, and gamers are assholes at their cores.

I mean, I'll be surprised too to see the hardware wasted just because a display doesn't support a higher resolution. I'm not going to be buying a new monitor for a while, so I'm going to be disappointed if there -isn't- some advantage to running the Scorpio on a lower resolution.

They should of just make it more powerful altogether than just a resolution boost. There's no incentive to get one especially with all games coming to Windows 10 and cross-play, and I personally think that dealing with that obnoxious OS is still better than getting an Xbox One.

Generally speaking if someone is willing to fork up for a Scorpio, they might as well save up a bit more and get a gaming PC altogether. Just like with the PS4 Neo, I feel like it won't do much for already released games unless the developer releases an update that improves the game. I think the Xbox One S should be fine if someone can't fork up a PC and still wants an Xbox experience.