PDA

View Full Version : [Comics] Marvel NOW!

ebonystrong
03-16-2013, 11:59 AM
Any Marvel zombies on this forum? Which Marvel NOW! titles are you sticking with? For me, it's:

Thor God of Thunder
Superior Spiderman
Avengers
New Avengers

What about you?

DeathBlade/13.666
03-16-2013, 12:31 PM
Old News: I don't mind comic book talk (Love it in fact), but keep in mind that this section of the forum is for "Animation". So if you could, at least do me a solid and tie it with the cartoons. Otherwise I'll move it to the Misc section.

OT: None of the above. I'm collecting old Marvel comics like the old Transformer series, and independent stuff. Though I did recently pick up a Spider-Girl #90. :D

DeathBlade/13.666
07-12-2013, 12:37 AM
Comic talk is good to go now!

OP: I'm really interested in how they've changed Nick Fury into a black guy because of Samuel Jackson playing the role in the movies. now.

Movie Dave
07-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Comic talk is good to go now!

OP: I'm really interested in how they've changed Nick Fury into a black guy because of Samuel Jackson playing the role in the movies. now.

Uhm, Nick Fury IS black.... in the Ultimate universe. Recently he was introduced into the Earth-616 Universe, as part of the Secret Avengers. since the movies are kind of a mix of both Ultimate and 616 universes, makes sense.

DeathBlade/13.666
07-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Uhm, Nick Fury IS black.... in the Ultimate universe. Recently he was introduced into the Earth-616 Universe, as part of the Secret Avengers. since the movies are kind of a mix of both Ultimate and 616 universes, makes sense. Sure if you go by that... OR...
http://www.comicsbulletin.com/main/sites/default/files/column-covers/SF001cover.jpg

Movie Dave
07-24-2013, 06:17 PM
Say what you must... this guy will always be more intimidating.

DeathBlade/13.666
07-24-2013, 06:50 PM
Only if you're intimidated by armed black men over crazy white people. Though, Samuel L. Jackson is a bunch better Nick Fury than David Hasselhoff.

Movie Dave
07-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Only if you're intimidated by armed black men over crazy white people. Though, Samuel L. Jackson is a bunch better Nick Fury than David Hasselhoff.

Well, I'm not sure how familiar you are with comics but Black Nick Fury WAS based out of Samuel L. Jackson. Even the character said it in the comic. Quite funny when you go back to read those comics. When characters talk about what if they were in a movie. Comics are weird.

DeathBlade/13.666
07-24-2013, 09:35 PM
Well, I'm not sure how familiar you are with comics but Black Nick Fury WAS based out of Samuel L. Jackson. Even the character said it in the comic. Quite funny when you go back to read those comics. When characters talk about what if they were in a movie. Comics are weird. Yea I said that back in post #3. But comics are really weird when they get to timelines and other things. Just see IDW's Transformers series for that, or the 5-6 different Spider-mans there are.

Movie Dave
07-24-2013, 09:42 PM
Yea I said that back in post #3. But comics are really weird when they get to timelines and other things. Just see IDW's Transformers series for that, or the 5-6 different Spider-mans there are.

DC at least TRIES to keep the timelines in place even if some don't make ANY sense. MARVEL is just a mess. they even recognize that you should not try to make sense of it all since at times characters are in space, yet, they appear as a guest in other series; it's weird. Mainly the whole Spider-ock thing. Technically Peter Parker is dead, but otto octavious is the new peter parker/spider-man. But if I'm not reading about a guy who got sweet powers over getting bit by a radioactive spider other than... you know... getting cancer. what the hell am I reading?

DeathBlade/13.666
07-24-2013, 09:52 PM
lol They tried somewhat... Then again they did that 52 thing right before doing the New 52 thing... Still, it beats the Spidey-Doc. Oct thing. That's just weird. You never saw Mr. Freeze take over for Batman...

RainyDayMan
07-25-2013, 12:44 AM
How about Michael Clarke Duncan playing Kingpin? I was skeptical, but once I saw "Daredevil", I knew NO ONE could play that Role better than him!

Movie Dave
07-25-2013, 01:12 AM
lol They tried somewhat... Then again they did that 52 thing right before doing the New 52 thing... Still, it beats the Spidey-Doc. Oct thing. That's just weird. You never saw Mr. Freeze take over for Batman...

From what i've read from the Spidey-ock thing is actually pretty damn good. but that's just salt in a flesh wound to hardcore spidey fans. I mean, the writer got DEATH THREATS. And it was a pretty damn sad last issue too. You see a hero just.... DIE. worst part is that it was cheered from the crowd. I got a little sad after that.

DeathBlade/13.666
07-25-2013, 09:03 AM
lol I can imagine the outrage of things. Most die-hards are crazy for such things.

As for the Kingpin, I think Michael Chiklis (sp?) from The Shield, Fantastic Four, and Vegas could do a good Kingpin. Though Michael Clarke Duncan's version wasn't bad.

Knightsong
07-25-2013, 03:04 PM
I love the marvel movies, but their comics I'm not as interested in any more. I really enjoy DC much better.

Movie Dave
07-26-2013, 12:42 AM
I love the marvel movies, but their comics I'm not as interested in any more. I really enjoy DC much better.

Hickman's current take on the Avengers is just... AMAZING.

same with Bendis's take on X-men. it's the best things you could read from marvel right now... or Fraction's Hawkeye. which won an Eisner award, mind you. I

deathblade/13 (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?21959-DeathBlade-13.666).666 I don't know about kingpin, I haven't seen that daredevil movie in ages, glad as hell the movie is in Disney's hands again. They'll know what to do with it. They're not a stupid company.

(http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?21959-DeathBlade-13.666)

Acid-Fang
07-26-2013, 11:30 PM
Hickman's current take on the Avengers is just... AMAZING.

same with Bendis's take on X-men. it's the best things you could read from marvel right now... or Fraction's Hawkeye. which won an Eisner award, mind you. I

deathblade/13 (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?21959-DeathBlade-13.666).666 I don't know about kingpin, I haven't seen that daredevil movie in ages, glad as hell the movie is in Disney's hands again. They'll know what to do with it. They're not a stupid company.

(http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?21959-DeathBlade-13.666) They aren't dumb, but there's still an air of uneasiness with them controlling a dearly moved franchise. Just look at them and Star Wars to see that. Either way, can't be worse than Fox and Sony owning Marvel Movie rights.

Movie Dave
07-27-2013, 01:40 AM
They aren't dumb, but there's still an air of uneasiness with them controlling a dearly moved franchise. Just look at them and Star Wars to see that. Either way, can't be worse than Fox and Sony owning Marvel Movie rights.

I wouldn't say that, I mean, Avengers was amazing. they knew who to get and how to do it. As Far as the star wars, I haven't been keeping up with it, but there are movies in the planning, last I heard.

DeathBlade/13.666
07-27-2013, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't say that, I mean, Avengers was amazing. they knew who to get and how to do it. As Far as the star wars, I haven't been keeping up with it, but there are movies in the planning, last I heard.
So Disney's answer to everything fan/nerd related that they accumulated is now Joss Whedon. XD

Movie Dave
07-27-2013, 03:05 PM
So Disney's answer to everything fan/nerd related that they accumulated is now Joss Whedon. XD

Or J.J. Abrahams. he's on board with the star wars movies... last I heard.

DeathBlade/13.666
07-27-2013, 09:00 PM
Or J.J. Abrahams. he's on board with the star wars movies... last I heard.This is the first I heard of J.J. Abrams doing anything with Star Wars, other than being open to the idea of it.

Movie Dave
07-27-2013, 09:52 PM
This is the first I heard of J.J. Abrams doing anything with Star Wars, other than being open to the idea of it.

well, I haven't honestly checked since everyone was freaking out over the rights. Not much of a star wars/trek fan.

DeathBlade/13.666
07-27-2013, 09:58 PM
well, I haven't honestly checked since everyone was freaking out over the rights. Not much of a star wars/trek fan.Yea, the last I heard was J.J. himself on like the Daily Show, and Jon Stewart asked him if he'd do it. He said that he was open to it, but they'd have to see.

Movie Dave
07-27-2013, 10:41 PM
Yea, the last I heard was J.J. himself on like the Daily Show, and Jon Stewart asked him if he'd do it. He said that he was open to it, but they'd have to see.

I guess, like I said, I don't keep up. and Didn't J.J direct one of the previous ones?

DeathBlade/13.666
07-27-2013, 11:20 PM
I guess, like I said, I don't keep up. and Didn't J.J direct one of the previous ones?
He's only done Star Trek. George Lucas is the only person that's directed Star Wars so far.

Back on the things of Marvel. Have you seen the What If of Venom combining with Deadpool?

Movie Dave
07-27-2013, 11:29 PM
He's only done Star Trek. George Lucas is the only person that's directed Star Wars so far.

Back on the things of Marvel. Have you seen the What If of Venom combining with Deadpool?

I haven't I don't read much of deadpool, last I read was Rick Rememder's Uncanny X-force which was amazing.. is it any good?

DeathBlade/13.666
07-27-2013, 11:31 PM
Just saw it today, haven't picked it up. But I will when I have some cash.

Movie Dave
08-13-2013, 12:39 AM
Just saw it today, haven't picked it up. But I will when I have some cash.

I don't know, I mean the What If... AVX had me sorta interested but I'm saving my money for Infinity. I'm IN LOVE with Hickman. He's just a guy who thinks bigger. So I'm really looking forward to the event.

DeathBlade/13.666
08-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Yea, and it's gone already... I'm gonna have to order it. The AVX (Assuming you mean Avengers vs. X-men) looked good, but at the same time felt a lot like Civil War, especially so long after the Bloodties crossover back in the '90s.

Movie Dave
08-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Yea, and it's gone already... I'm gonna have to order it. The AVX (Assuming you mean Avengers vs. X-men) looked good, but at the same time felt a lot like Civil War, especially so long after the Bloodties crossover back in the '90s.

Civil war was a mess! while still VERY good. Avengers vs X-men had a lot going for it, and it tried to side readers with the avengers. But Cyclops was right. All a long. The only good issue it had was the one Johnathan Hickman wrote. and now they gave him a whole event. I'm exited as hell!

DeathBlade/13.666
08-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Is this before or after the Age of Ultron and Thanos Rising things?

Movie Dave
08-13-2013, 06:57 PM
Is this before or after the Age of Ultron and Thanos Rising things?

After age of ultron. Very disappointing, you'd really save time just reading a summary of it. And I think it's after Thanos. I am not too sure, honestly.

DeathBlade/13.666
08-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Aww... And my buddy was telling me how great it is... Tsk, here I was about to get a Marvel comic for it's story for the first time in a long time (If you don't count the several Transformers comics and the one Spider-Girl comic).

Movie Dave
08-13-2013, 07:09 PM
Aww... And my buddy was telling me how great it is... Tsk, here I was about to get a Marvel comic for it's story for the first time in a long time (If you don't count the several Transformers comics and the one Spider-Girl comic).

Well, for a 6-7 issue event were in 4 of the issues NOTHING HAPPENED. it was bad. I mean it had some really amazing moments but they died out quickly and ended with you being more confused than you were in the 1st issue. You're better off starting with Infinity. which comes out tomorrow and I'm waking up early to get it... hopefully I'll have enough to get this80177 variant cover of #1.

DeathBlade/13.666
08-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Well, for a 6-7 issue event were in 4 of the issues NOTHING HAPPENED. it was bad. I mean it had some really amazing moments but they died out quickly and ended with you being more confused than you were in the 1st issue. You're better off starting with Infinity. which comes out tomorrow and I'm waking up early to get it... hopefully I'll have enough to get this80177 variant cover of #1.
Is it just me for does it harken from the days of the Infinity Gauntlet? Any tie in, or is like a re-do of the series?

Movie Dave
08-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Is it just me for does it harken from the days of the Infinity Gauntlet? Any tie in, or is like a re-do of the series?

New Avengers and Avengers re-boot have all led to this. Same with the Current The Ultimates run. with out spoiling too much, Illuminati have failed to do the reason why the meeting exist. But If you want me to really spoil, i'd do it. it's all really freaking good.

DeathBlade/13.666
08-13-2013, 07:28 PM
New Avengers and Avengers re-boot have all led to this. Same with the Current The Ultimates run. with out spoiling too much, Illuminati have failed to do the reason why the meeting exist. But If you want me to really spoil, i'd do it. it's all really freaking good.lol You can spoil if you want too, it doesn't effect me none. But is it basically a re-do of the Infinity Gauntlet or something new to the Marvel Universe?

Movie Dave
08-13-2013, 08:33 PM
lol You can spoil if you want too, it doesn't effect me none. But is it basically a re-do of the Infinity Gauntlet or something new to the Marvel Universe? ~IF ANYONE DOESN'T WANT TO BE SPOILED IN THESE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN THE COMICS DO NOT READ AHEAD. WHICH ISN'T A LOT OF YOU CAUSE IT'S AN ANIME FORUMS AND I DON'T KNOW IF THERE'S SPOILER TAGS IN THIS FORUM~

So, there are secret meetings of Iron man, Professor X, Namor, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Mr. Fantastic and Black bolt. which they get together every time something bad happens and they feel the need of keeping it a secret. So long story short, they got the hold of the Infinity Gems Captain America Joined them. Proffesor X died so Beast takes up his place and Black panther hates the Idea of the meetings. So Black panther's land there was an incident, (later called incursions) were people jumped to earth and destroyed another earth. Black Panther captured one of them and called the Illuminati to a meeting. So what is happening is that the dimensions are collapsing after one of the earths was unpredictably destroyed. So these people, the girl who is captured (who goes by the name Black Swan) explains that her job is to destroy planets. The Illuminati know that more Incursions are going to happen, and they need to either destroy or be destroyed by the crashing of planets. Captain America Suggests the use of the Infinity Gems to push the worlds back. While it helped the 2nd time it happened the Infinity Gems were destroyed. Now, 1: Infinity gems only work on their native universe. and 2: by using them Thanos, Galactus, and the Watcher now have their sights on earth. They all voted to get rid of captain america who was against destroying other planets so he got banned by the Illuminati by erasing his mind. And they finally go on about planning what to do the next incursion were they destroy the planet that is about to collide with earth. So they keep building world destroying machines. Mean while in the Avengers, there is 2 inhabitants in the planet of mars who managed to create life. Ex Nihilo and Abyss, who don't want to destroy worlds but yo build. So they send attacks on earth in appempts to over take it with the new race they have created, now this story kind of lags so it just explains that each vessel sent to earth has a purpose of being self sustained. While they know something is Upon them Abyss and Ex Nihilo join the avengers It's all a little hard to get... (for more info on this: http://www.geeklegacy.com/the-foundations-of-infinity-the-avengers/ ) Anyways, meanwhile in the Ultimate Universe, Reed Richards is evil and he is working along with Kang and Hulk to make the world "a better place" so reed Richards has begun trying to get the infinity gems. After getting the Mind gem out of Tony Stark's brain(so basically he dies), they begin to search for the last gem which is located in the center of the earth. Now this is important because 1: Gems only work on their native universe. 2: The events of Age of Ultron cause Galactus(earth 616) and Ga- Lak- tus (Ultimate universe) to merge. Now with 2 universes colliding Thanos on his sights on earth. The last issues of Avengers and New Avengers ended with an Invasion led by Thanos.

also, Angela (originally from SPAWN) is now part of the Marvel universe due to the events of Age of Ultron.... and because marvel bought the rights.

DeathBlade/13.666
08-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Typical confusing Marvel is typical confusing Marvel. XD

Movie Dave
08-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Typical confusing Marvel is typical confusing Marvel. XD

Hey comics are naturally weird.

also, it's confusing now with plot holes of the size of the moon. But knowing this was all Written by Hickman (A guy who always thinks bigger and everything he uses has a purpose) Infinity will surely wrap all of this up. Unless the Editorial staff is also involved. In that case I've been waiting for infinity since December to be disappointed.