PDA

View Full Version : Personality test

darksky967
03-05-2013, 06:33 PM
"Obtain your 4-letter type formula according to Carl Jung’s and Isabel Briggs Myers’ typology (http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/you/personalitytype.aspx), along with the strengths of preferences and the description of your personality type"

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Try it out and see what result you get

even if I hate to admit it, this is me:

petitefeet
03-05-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm an ISFJ, with introversion being the highest scoring trait.

wanderingsoul93
03-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Ah the MBTI.

I got INFP as a child; I'm INTJ now though.

Should do some profiling activity on anime characters. That would be quite fun for discussion too.

Kaleohano
03-05-2013, 07:35 PM
ESTJ

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (28%)
You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (75%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Seems sorta legit

Meenah
03-05-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm an ESFJ on my last one, now I'm an ISFP. I think it's quite interesting but I guess I can go with both.

GuiltySpark
03-05-2013, 08:18 PM
INTJ
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

I guess I am The Scientist

found this tidbit on wikipedia - INTJs are one of the rarest of the sixteen personality types, and account for about 1–4% of the population.

sunnyside
03-05-2013, 08:20 PM
I got ENTJ on that one.

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (44%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
You have distinctive preference of Thinking over Feeling (62%)
You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

I seem to recall there are names for the different combinations. *pokes around on Google* Hurm, looks like ENTJs are "Fieldmarshals" or "executives"

I doubt I'd have been that before, but maybe now.

In any case you might wanna look up the names, seems they're all pretty complimentary, fitting with the business flavor. Google images perhaps not so complimentary :P

Albear
03-05-2013, 09:58 PM
ISFJ
Judgment being distinctive.

Jasanime
03-05-2013, 10:00 PM
ISTJ
Introvert(33%) Sensing(12%) Thinking(25%) Judging(67%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
You have distinctive preference of Judging over Perceiving (67%)

Token Black Guy
03-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Took a test like this before and this time i got the same result:

INTJ
Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(50%) Judging(22%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

nrL
03-06-2013, 04:19 AM
Entp

SuXrys
03-06-2013, 06:48 AM
edit

Ethreal
03-06-2013, 12:46 PM
ISFJ
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (50%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (39%)

seems about right. interesting

Miss Moonlight
03-06-2013, 05:08 PM
ISFJ
Introvert(100%) Sensing(12%) Feeling(19%) Judging(33%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (100%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (19%)

Arrisu
03-06-2013, 09:06 PM
It's scary how accurate I feel this test is.

ISFP/INFP

You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (1%)
You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

This is why I say I'm also an INFP, considering there is only a 1% preference to Sensing.

Kumagawa
03-07-2013, 06:00 AM
Ive taken these tests a million times now and I always get INTP. Interestingly, when I went through depression and took the test I got ISFP.

At any rate I hardly believe you can classify humans in just sixteen types.

Kāito
03-07-2013, 06:43 AM
estj

Pirouette
03-07-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm an INTJ.

CrimsonMoon
03-13-2013, 12:18 AM
INTP (http://typelogic.com/intp.html)

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(62%) Thinking(25%) Perceiving(56)%

You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (56%)

Eris
03-13-2013, 05:26 PM
I usually get INTp or INTj. Varies with the formulation of the questions and my mood and what have you.

nslay
03-13-2013, 06:45 PM
INTJ
Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(50%) Judging(33%)

You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)

Trigun27
03-14-2013, 02:37 PM
ISTP
Introvert(67%) Sensing(50%) Thinking(38%) Perceiving(11)%

You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (50%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

dinochan
03-14-2013, 10:18 PM
INFP

Introvert(78%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(38%) Perceiving(78)%

You have strong preference of Perceiving over Judging (78%)
Hmm... yup. seems about right.

Fuu Kasumi
03-14-2013, 10:50 PM
ISTJ
Introvert(67%) Sensing(38%) Thinking(38%) Judging(11%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

abyisidro
03-29-2013, 09:55 AM
ENFJ

Extravert (22%) Intuitive (38%) Feeling (38%) Judging (33%)

You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (22%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Prceiving (33%)

hmm. somewhat accurate, i guess. :)

Baka Saru Roddish-kun
03-29-2013, 10:33 AM
INFJ
Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(62%) Feeling(50%) Judging(1%)

You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (62%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)
for now

Bamboobowl
03-29-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm an INTJ, seems about right.

sunnyside
03-29-2013, 11:12 AM
Ok, so this forum seems to have a lot more Introverts than Extroverts.

However I'm a bit suspicious about that. In some cases because I've seen the user for a while around here and they seem like an extrovert to me. But even for those of you I don't know at all, just having posted in this thread means you first had to go out of your way to join and log onto a social forum and then you had to spend some time and effort to share information about yourself.

That's a rather extroverty thing to do. Introverted behavior would be more along the lines of coming, getting some recommendations, and then leaving.

I'm suspicious that this version of the test (and actually most personality tests in general) confuse introversion and shyness or difficulty in social situations, which are different things entirely. I think that's why I used to get classified as an introvert.

Consider how you are around your best friends or when you're online chatting or posting or whatever you do with other people. If you find those social interactions exhausting and before long you've had enough and want to go on a walk alone or read a book, you're probably a genuine introvert. However if you seek out those situations, than you might actually be an extrovert.

Perhaps a tragic one, but an extrovert.

Thoughts?

Miss Marceline Roddish darksky967 petitefeet wanderingsoul93 Feferi GuiltySpark Albear
Jasanime Token Black Guy Ethreal Miss Moonlight Ribbon Kumagawa Paramour CrimsonMoon
Eris nslay Trigun27 dinochan Eliana Levanos

Ceris
03-29-2013, 11:21 AM
INTP

You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (6%)

Wikipedia says I'm a rare breed. Oh, and I have similar personality traits to Einstein lol
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTP

Seems I missed a question and answering it changed me to INTJ. Not much of a difference so I must be borderline the two. The last % was changed from 6 to 1.

Baka Saru Roddish-kun
03-29-2013, 11:29 AM
sunnyside I'm with you on this pal, there were a few questions i winced at the phrasing of, my pet hates being forced diametrics in a world made of degrees.
I accept the act of being this open about ones test might appear extroverted, however, the "hide and speak" nature of the internet may act as a cushoining rationalisation to us, maybe the lack of eye contact involved, the knowledge that the posters may NEVER meet ANYONE EVER from this site and NEVER be accountable in the "real world" for any thing here. its an accepted axiom that internet bbs and chat rooms and communities and such are an excellent medium for personality experimentation. maybe this is how we work up to having people skills in meatspace.

or maybe its all just Carl Jung missing out on the point somewhere. but speaking as a human (and therefore a contradictory and egocentric beast on the whole, because introversion and extraversion are both egocentric states), i am flawed, and my mask that i wear in public is not necesarily the one i wear when i take a personality test on the internet anonymously. that said i only feel familiar with part of the results, and as already stated had question over the validity of some of the questions. for example "You value feeling over thinking : yes/no" ro me is not a yes/no question the way its phrased. does it imply that if i DONT value feeling over thinking that i therfore value the opposite? or that i value neither?

Needs revision, but it does hit some nails on the head. but then a stopped watch tells the right time twice a day eh?

Kumagawa
03-29-2013, 11:35 AM
I'm suspicious that this version of the test (and actually most personality tests in general) confuse introversion and shyness or difficulty in social situations, which are different things entirely. I think that's why I used to get classified as an introvert.

It´s about thinking processes. Introvert/extrovert thinking is different from actually being an introvert/extrovert in social situations.

sunnyside
03-29-2013, 12:10 PM
It´s about thinking processes. Introvert/extrovert thinking is different from actually being an introvert/extrovert in social situations.

Well, what does introversion mean to you?

In the Myers-Briggs context it does sort of blend a number of things together, especially in that there are things typically correlated with extroversion and introversion, and practical personality tests tend to throw those in when explaining the two.

Still, consider the questions on the test that seem to directly relate to that axis.

You frequently and easily express your feelings and emotions
You spend your leisure time actively socializing with a group of people, attending parties, shopping, etc
You often prefer to read a book than go to a party
You enjoy having a wide circle of acquaintances
After prolonged socializing you feel you need to get away and be alone
You are a person somewhat reserved and distant in communication
You find it difficult to speak loudly
The more people with whom you speak, the better you feel
You feel at ease in a crowd

Consider the same questions except with "on a forum" tacked onto the end of them. Do your answers change?

I'm with you on this pal, there were a few questions i winced at the phrasing of, my pet hates being forced diametrics in a world made of degrees.
I accept the act of being this open about ones test might appear extroverted, however, the "hide and speak" nature of the internet may act as a cushoining rationalisation to us, maybe the lack of eye contact involved, the knowledge that the posters may NEVER meet ANYONE EVER from this site and NEVER be accountable in the "real world" for any thing here. its an accepted axiom that internet bbs and chat rooms and communities and such are an excellent medium for personality experimentation. maybe this is how we work up to having people skills in meatspace.

On better such tests they often give you the option to rate yourself on a scale as opposed to yes/no.

That said, your message carries of flavor of extroversion behind a mask, but being held back by awkwardness and fear. Both of those two things can be very real. There are a lot of people that just have a problem with eye contact, and if you are not sufficiently well equipped for the interaction there can be negative outcomes for the fear can be wise.

Still, I'd consider that different than whether one is really an extrovert or not.

Baka Saru Roddish-kun
03-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Well, what does introversion mean to you?
That said, your message carries of flavor of extroversion behind a mask, but being held back by awkwardness and fear.

Maybe, is it not also possible that it carries the flavour of introversion behind an extroversion mask? or even that it might simply be "as is", meaning simply what it states?
such subjecture is misleading, have you taken into account your own prejudices? your own paradigm? for instance, meaning is easily projected, especially online. we all do it.

to be quite honest, i have a massive problem with the whole duality of it. introvert/extrovert. it just doesnt add up to me, i feel, and witness in others the ambiguity of it, as I'm sure you do too. its just not so simple as to declare "Person A is an introvert and therefore has no otherwise percieved extroverted qualities", it's a logical fallacy.

this thread delivered :D

sunnyside
03-29-2013, 04:30 PM
Maybe, is it not also possible that it carries the flavour of introversion behind an extroversion mask? or even that it might simply be "as is", meaning simply what it states?
such subjecture is misleading, have you taken into account your own prejudices? your own paradigm? for instance, meaning is easily projected, especially online. we all do it.

To be clear I'm probing to see if maybe some of the people that got labeled as introverts are more like me in that they're actually extroverts that for some reason don't feel comfortable acting in a stereotypically extroverted manner in person.

to be quite honest, i have a massive problem with the whole duality of it. introvert/extrovert. it just doesnt add up to me, i feel, and witness in others the ambiguity of it, as I'm sure you do too. its just not so simple as to declare "Person A is an introvert and therefore has no otherwise percieved extroverted qualities", it's a logical fallacy.

Even the simple test in this thread has the percentages as opposed to only have the either/or outcome. I've also seen the term "ambivert" used to describe people in the middle of the introversion/extroversion spectrum.

And of course if you zoom in on a person close enough they may be vary extroverted in some ways but not others, though I think they do tend to go together especially in terms of preferences.

Jasanime
03-29-2013, 04:46 PM
sunnyside, I tend to agree with you. I consider myself an extrovert for the most part. I'm far from shy and find it easy to talk to and get along with ppl. However, I only enjoy socializing for short periods of time. I really love to be alone and value my space. That's probably where 'introvert' comes from :-)

Bamboobowl
03-29-2013, 06:24 PM
It's quite strange sunnyside because when it comes to being on the internet I'll act more extroverted, but if you were to meet me offline, I'm the opposite.
Sometimes, I wish I could be more like I am on here with people irl.

darksky967
03-29-2013, 06:28 PM

However I'm a bit suspicious about that. In some cases because I've seen the user for a while around here and they seem like an extrovert to me. But even for those of you I don't know at all, just having posted in this thread means you first had to go out of your way to join and log onto a social forum and then you had to spend some time and effort to share information about yourself.

That's a rather extroverty thing to do. Introverted behavior would be more along the lines of coming, getting some recommendations, and then leaving.

Consider how you are around your best friends or when you're online chatting or posting or whatever you do with other people. If you find those social interactions exhausting and before long you've had enough and want to go on a walk alone or read a book, you're probably a genuine introvert. However if you seek out those situations, than you might actually be an extrovert.

Thoughts?

Just because the test stated I was Introverted didn't mean I was 100% introverted. I believe however, you have to look at the facts about how you feel in certain situations, I can BE whoever you want me to be, I could go and converse with a whole group people for example - with no changes in confidence, and would I be happy about that? Hell no. It would make me mentally exhausted and irritated, i'd want to run the f*ck out of there. I tend to recharge at home alone or with 1 or 2 people.. hence introverted..
Yes the test might not be the greatest thing out there to diagnose ones personality, but it's only a little fun in the end. However, even though the test classified me as introvert, not anywhere did it say I was 100% introverted (78% for me, to be precise), so I think you're wrong in saying that the test can confuse introversion and shyness or difficulty in social situations.

Just so you know, on the question "You often prefer to read a book than go to a party" I clicked the party option (even though I do love to read a good book ) It still doesn't mean that i'm all of a sudden - extraverted, this test has stated that i'm 22% extraverted, Personally I would have thought 40%, but okay, Who really knows, as of now in the present, i'm akin to saying 22%. Anyway, I know who I am and i'm for sure more introverted than extraverted.

Eris
03-29-2013, 08:04 PM

Thoughts?

Most people, introvert and extrovert alike, want social interaction, only introverts don't want too much of it, and need to get some alone time to recover their strength from it. I mean really, a typical forum session is fairly short (like half an hour at most) and not very socially intense. You can't really compare typing up a reply to a thread or two with going to a party and mingling for five hours straight.

An introvert couldn't ask for a better format. Forums are really very introvert-friendly, as all social interaction is on the poster's own terms.

Baka Saru Roddish-kun
03-29-2013, 08:10 PM
Just so you know, on the question "You often prefer to read a book than go to a party" I clicked the party option.

THAT QUESTION gave me a goddam aneurism. I'm like; "WTF??? THERES A UNIVERSE WHERE I HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN KNOWLEDGE AND PARTYING? BURN THAT UNIVERSE NOW"

dinochan
03-30-2013, 08:57 PM

Thoughts?

Miss Marceline Roddish darksky967 petitefeet wanderingsoul93 Feferi GuiltySpark Albear
Jasanime Token Black Guy Ethreal Miss Moonlight Ribbon Kumagawa Paramour CrimsonMoon
Eris nslay Trigun27 dinochan Eliana Levanos

I actually act slightly different online than I do in person. Online I tend to talk more and warm up to people faster. Having only met you recently, if we were to have this conversation face to face I, most likely, would only nod my head and make an unopinionated comment. Even online there are very few times I actually post a comment, I tend to keep my thoughts to myself unless I feel they're of any importance or interest, or if I'm directly asked about something. More or less, I prefer to observe rather than get involved in a lot of things. I also tend to prefer being alone rather than with other people and have to be in a good mood to want to be around other people.

I do think you're right, in some cases. Shy/socially awkward people wouldn't likely interact with people in many of the scenarios they used. That's what I love about the Internet, it allows shy people *ahem*me*ahem* to get out and meet people they otherwise never would have!!

Baka Saru Roddish-kun
03-31-2013, 01:01 AM

Lets just clarify this.

extrovert or extravert (ˈɛkstrəˌvɜːt)
— n 1. a person concerned more with external reality than inner feelings
— adj 2. of or characterized by extroversion: extrovert tendencies
[C20: from extro- (variant of extra- , contrasting with intro- ) + -vert, from Latin vertere to turn] extravert or extravert — n — adj
[C20: from extro- (variant of extra- , contrasting with intro- ) + -vert, from Latin vertere to turn] 'extroverted or extravert — adj 'extraverted or extravert — adj

introvert
— n 1. psychol a person prone to introversion
— adj 2. Also: introverted characterized by introversion
— vb 3. ( tr ) pathol to turn (a hollow organ or part) inside out [C17: see intro- , invert ]

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009

so we dont confuse the issue any further, when Carl Jung talks about Extraversion he is talking about "a person concerned more with external reality than inner feelings ", and so someone introverted isnt necessarily socially shy, merely less concerned with social situations than they are with private thought

sunnyside i think that answers your question too

edit: These definitions are a lot clearer
Extroversion/Extrovert (http://www.alleydog.com/glossary/definition.php?term=Extrovert%20(Extroversion))
Introversion/Introvert (http://www.alleydog.com/glossary/definition.php?term=Introvert%20(Introversion))

nanashipiero
03-31-2013, 09:11 AM
I'm an ENFP.

Extroverted, Intuition, Feeling, Perceiving.

Albear
03-31-2013, 09:45 PM
sunnyside
Well, in real life I'm slightly shy. Add that my introversion is a bomb waiting to explode, I'm pretty much a person that wants to socialize but not the one that necessary initiates it.

wanderingsoul93
04-02-2013, 11:39 AM
The MBTI profile is merely a test of your operating preferences.
So just because you're have an introversion preference does not necessarily mean you are anti-social or prefer to avoid people, etc.
It's a common misconception. But think of it, it would be ridiculous for a T profile to not be able to feel (short of being a psychopath), or an F profile being by necessity a dumb person.

In order of the letters:

Which world you get your energy from (inner/outer)
How you perceive information (intuition/sensory)
How you make decisions (thinking/feeling)
How you interact with the world (judging/perceiving)

Riamu.Midori
04-02-2013, 12:01 PM
INTJ

Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(56%) Thinking(38%) Judging(11%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (56%)

Meenah
04-03-2013, 08:57 AM

Thoughts?

There is a thing called an ambivert, I believe I fall under that category because for one, I have my times that I want to socialize and then I have my times that I don't necessarily want to socialize. In most cases, I actually feel more of an ISFP but I cannot display it over the Internet... maybe I can? Not sure. 38\ But as far as I know, I don't exactly like being with people too much, and if I do, I will do that on certain occasions, and I also want a certain amount of people with me. I believe that I place myself more of an ambivert which is not a bad thing. But even having an ambivert behaviour, I will still consider myself an ISFP since it really describes me how I am as a person.

nslay
04-03-2013, 04:07 PM

Thoughts?

@Miss Marceline (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=271219) @Roddish (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=307847) @darksky967 (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=268878) @petitefeet (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=307366) @wanderingsoul93 (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=307422) @Feferi (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=238718) @GuiltySpark (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=306907) @Albear (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=246234)
@Jasanime (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=285141) @Token Black Guy (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=231906) @Ethreal (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=307344) @Miss Moonlight (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=53339) @Ribbon (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=277034) @Kumagawa (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=306762) @Paramour (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=305050) @CrimsonMoon (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=80272)
@Eris (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=11662) @nslay (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=294609) @Trigun27 (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=307010) @dinochan (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=303857) @Eliana Levanos (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=30677)

As a scientist, INTJ totally hits the spot. I am definitely a system builder and I spend long hours in the office by myself devising solutions to problems that haven't been solved yet.

As a scientist, I give lots of talks/presentations and interact with lots of people at work and online and so I am definitely not socially inept, shy, or what have you. I am a genuine introvert, again, spending long hours by myself in an office or at home. I especially dislike crowds and I prefer to party with a handful of friends at a barbecue. I really prefer to do my own little projects than to go out and meet people. Sounds like an introvert to me.

I have taken this test dozens of times over the years and I consistently score INTJ. I would think I would score INTP sometimes, but I never score INTP :(

Aku no Hikari
04-03-2013, 04:47 PM
Usually get INTP or INTJ.

It should be noted that those tests generally measure preference, not really skill. There are skills associated with each side of the dichotomies, and you probably should work on them, both the ones you like and the ones you don't like, because they're all important.

And hey OP, image macros you see on the internet are one of the worst ways to understand anything, much less yourself. They're just pointless douchebaggery anyway. At least I'd read some articles that take the matter seriously.

See Healer (role variant) and INFP

CrimsonMoon
04-04-2013, 12:00 AM
For me, just because some people post things very often in the net doesn't mean that they are extroverts in real life. Some people have different persona on the net and in real life. As for the test, most people would use their real life persona's thoughts as opposed to online ones. I'm not saying they are fakes. I'm just saying that it's more comfortable to interact in the net than face to face with people, so that's probably why we have more introverts than extroverts on the net.

It's a good thing though that the test has %, because it means that even if you get introvert personality, it only means you tend to be more of an introvert than an extrovert. It doesn't mean that you're completely introvert though. So I don't see a bias in that.

Baka Saru Roddish-kun
04-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Thanks, i wasnt aware of the Keirsey Temperament Sorter. thats a nice easy to understand laymans psychoanalytic. i like. for those of you who arent "Healer" role, here is how keirsey and jung correlate:

http://i50.tinypic.com/121u2qa.png

(src: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirsey_Temperament_Sorter (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keirsey_Temperament_Sorter))

nanashipiero
04-04-2013, 09:49 AM
For me, just because some people post things very often in the net doesn't mean that they are extroverts in real life. Some people have different persona on the net and in real life. As for the test, most people would use their real life persona's thoughts as opposed to online ones. I'm not saying they are fakes. I'm just saying that it's more comfortable to interact in the net than face to face with people, so that's probably why we have more introverts than extroverts on the net.

It's a good thing though that the test has %, because it means that even if you get introvert personality, it only means you tend to be more of an introvert than an extrovert. It doesn't mean that you're completely introvert though. So I don't see a bias in that.

This is completely true for me! I'm pretty extroverted on the 'net, but in real life I'm pretty shy most of the time. I can be extroverted in real life, but mostly around my family and close friends. Most of the time I'm just a quiet person.

Baka Saru Roddish-kun
04-05-2013, 12:41 AM

dude, some peopel have different personas depending on what clothes they wear or what city they happen to be in. human identity is a very strange wonderful and scary thing

Mystelinth
04-05-2013, 12:59 PM
ISTJ
Introvert(56%) Sensing(38%) Thinking(19%) Judging(22%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (38%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (19%)

Yes, not unexpected. Did the test before. Had about the same results. Ta-da

sunnyside
04-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Hmmm Based on a number of the comments, maybe we just have a bunch of introverts around here.

Lets just clarify this.

so we dont confuse the issue any further, when Carl Jung talks about Extraversion he is talking about "a person concerned more with external reality than inner feelings ", and so someone introverted isnt necessarily socially shy, merely less concerned with social situations than they are with private thought

Hmmm I suppose I'm more used to the MBTI type conceptions of Extraversion/Introversion (see below) where its supposed to be about preference/energy and is mostly or entirely in reference to social things. Hence why the questions are written the way they are.

Jung is a bit different, but it looks like his concepts wound up winning the dictionaries.

Although Jungs thing is odd in that it seems to involve "external reality" to mean things beyond just social situations. An extrovert that avoids social situations but does something else.

The MBTI profile is merely a test of your operating preferences.
So just because you're have an introversion preference does not necessarily mean you are anti-social or prefer to avoid people, etc.
It's a common misconception. But think of it, it would be ridiculous for a T profile to not be able to feel (short of being a psychopath), or an F profile being by necessity a dumb person.

In order of the letters:

Which world you get your energy from (inner/outer)
How you perceive information (intuition/sensory)
How you make decisions (thinking/feeling)
How you interact with the world (judging/perceiving)

ZombieWolf2508
04-06-2013, 12:02 AM
INTP

You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%) You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (50%) You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%) You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (22%)

Myconica
04-08-2013, 11:00 AM
Well I became very interested in this topic after Roddish was talking about it (I'm his wife, hello, nice to meet you), and I've been snooping around looking for information about the whole shebang.

I think it's important to understand Jung's definitions of the psychological functions first in order to interpret the results of the test. It's also important to consider that the Myers-Briggs indicator diverges from Jung's original theory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myers-Briggs_Type_Indicator#Historical_development). However the source, 'Psychological Types' by Carl Jung is a stinker of a read (it doesn't help it had to be translated from German) so I only really recommend it to those who's interest extends beyond the casual, although he has a separate chapter at the end of the book specifically for definitions which is great for a quick reference. I asked around and was promptly directed towards Socionics. Socionics.com (http://www.socionics.com/main/welcome.html) offers a lucid introduction to the types uncluttered with academic jargon.

Kusuke
04-09-2013, 10:09 PM
I was INTJ as a child, and I am still INTJ today.

Oh, and sunnyside, I don't know if you are much of a reader, but I ran across this article that may interest you about introverted expression over the internet (even spreads to neurotics). Here (http://usuarios.multimania.es/manutxopitea/Pdf/Travestidos.pdf)

schoolgirl99
04-09-2013, 11:14 PM
ISFJ
Introvert(11%) Sensing(88%) Feeling(88%) Judging(22%)
You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
You have strong preference of Sensing over Intuition (88%)
You have strong preference of Feeling over Thinking (88%)

Reginalde
04-10-2013, 12:01 AM
ISTP
Introvert(11%) Sensing(12%) Thinking(1%) Perceiving(11)%
You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)

Geez, I am just the most moderate thing out there...
Don't think there's a prize for that.

Thefringedninja
04-12-2013, 08:47 AM
INFP too XD

FreakyTy
04-14-2013, 01:24 PM
I took a test very similar to this earlier this year for my psych class. If I remember correctly I scored with an INTP, which was called an architect. Apparently most of the geniuses like Albert Einstein, and Steven Hawking are architect types as well. I hate to sound conceited, but I have always felt that I was a bit smarter than most, and I’ve been told constantly throughout my life that I was extremely intelligent. My school marks would not back this up because through most of my time in school I moved around place to place never really making many friends. This on top of having to constantly do group work showed my grades to drop as I got further along in age and grade level.

The one thing I noticed though was whenever I did a solo project like a book report for example, that I knew I was not going to have to present; I would blow my teachers away. My teachers would always make comments on the works about how I don’t apply myself in class an asked why all my work wasn’t this good, well back then I didn’t really know. After taking the Brigg’s Myer’s Test though and reading more into I think I finally understood why. Knowing this I’m no longer bothered by my poor performance in school.

According to the test I took INTP’s make up less than 1% of the population, which I think is pretty cool cause I’ve always liked being “Different”, and my best work most definitely comes when I can sit down and not have to work with anyone else. I have a strong pull towards doing everything perfect at these times on top of that which is a very big pain in most cases because I’ll work the day away without even noticing.

The point I’m trying to make is that in my experience at least I find this test to be very accurate. My psychology teacher who administered the test said himself that he took it about thirty years ago, and when he did he scored as a teacher and thought to himself that the test was flawed or wrong. Then what happened? He ended up becoming a teacher about ten years later. I’m not saying this is the ultimate and only test, but it does happen to be accurate at least some of the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTP (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/INTP)

I know Wiki is not always the best choice for facts, but from what I already know I would say this is basically an extended version of my post. I don’t remember where it was but I saw video once that said working alone is actually the best for most people, because they can let their ideas flow freely without having to worry about what someone else thinks.

Knuffle Bunny
04-17-2013, 09:13 PM
ENTJ

slightly surprised, but I don't think answering a few questions can accurately pinpoint my personality to any degree.

This was entertaining though ^-^

Trippy Hippie
04-20-2013, 07:48 AM
isfp

Killer_Wolf_Tori
04-20-2013, 06:30 PM
Mine is ENFJ lol

aether
04-20-2013, 06:53 PM
ISTJ
Introvert(33%) Sensing(25%) Thinking(1%) Judging(11%)
You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)

FluffyEmjay
05-01-2013, 02:05 AM
INFP
Introvert(11%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(12%) Perceiving(33)%

You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (33%)

WBL Studios
05-01-2013, 10:32 AM
What kind of personality do you have if you'd rather watch anime than enter 70+ questions?