PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Pokemon Game

GuiltySpark
03-01-2013, 01:15 AM
What is your favorite pokemon game? All pokemon games included.

I like Heartgold the most. I loved that the pokemon followed you. really was cool seeing the pokemon outside the menus and battle. plus you got to earn badges in two areas and battle Red. the battle against Red is really cool.

ACBlackJ0ck
03-01-2013, 03:00 AM
Sapphire. Although I'm really liking Pokemon White.

I've actually yet to play HeartGold or SoulSilver. Need to do that at one point

Tarkenfire
03-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Hmm. Probably Fire Red, the fact being that a lot of the pokemon Romhacks I do so like are based on that one, Pokemon Advanced Adventure and Pokemon Fire Red Omega come to mind in that regard. That said, my favorite Pokemon romhack of all is actually based on Ruby. That would be Pokemon Snakewood, the romhack set in a post-apocalypse where the ultimate goal is saving the world rather than being "teh champion", all whilst maintaining a level of humor and serious story. (Like, death and stuff).

Plus, I get to use my sinny naming set for my team:

In terms of vanilla games, I have a thing for Diamond.

GuiltySpark
03-01-2013, 08:50 PM
rom hacks would be fun to play. I wonder how to find them? are you playing via emulator?

AnimeBboy
03-01-2013, 10:32 PM
My favorite has to be Pokemon Yellow. This one was my favorite as a kid because you got to start with Pikachu a your first pokemon and during the game you could get Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle making for a pretty good party in the later stages of the game. Plus this was the first time a pokemon was outside its pokeball because Pikachu would refuse to use a ball.

Nephiz
03-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Ruby version ^^

Tarkenfire
03-02-2013, 10:03 AM
rom hacks would be fun to play. I wonder how to find them? are you playing via emulator?

Yeah. Can't really give you any information though as it's a legal grey area and I donna need trouble right now. Shoot a PM at my face if you're really interested.

GuiltySpark
03-02-2013, 05:40 PM
My favorite has to be Pokemon Yellow. This one was my favorite as a kid because you got to start with Pikachu a your first pokemon and during the game you could get Bulbasaur, Charmander and Squirtle making for a pretty good party in the later stages of the game. Plus this was the first time a pokemon was outside its pokeball because Pikachu would refuse to use a ball.

i remember having a pokemon yellow japanese version as a kid and it would have been much cooler if i could have understood anything. being an 8 or 9 year old i wasnt smart enough to realize that the affirmative would have been the top option. IDR what i did with that game but i wish i had played that more. I wound up getting blue version and playing the absolute crap out of that game.

Anybody remember the cinnabar island glitch?

AnimeBboy
03-02-2013, 07:54 PM
I've heard of the cinnabar glitch but I've never done it before.

GuiltySpark
03-02-2013, 09:16 PM
I dont remember exactly what you had to do but i remember you could get the pokemon "missing no" and there was an item glitch that gave you lots of whatever was (i think) the seventh item in your bag.

those were the days playing the old gameboy under a lamp.

Appy
03-03-2013, 03:44 AM
I'd would say emerald 386 (rom hack). This game offers what any pokemon game should offer. All of the first 3 generations in one game, and you can obtain all of them, how awesome is that? The story and such stays the same, you have some added areas to find legendaries and some rare pokemon.

Not counting hacks, i'd say pokemon crystal

Elukien
03-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Pokemon Blue would be my all time favorite, purely because it was the first Pokemon game to get me "catch" into the Pokemon franchise but then I can't really call that 'favorite'. I've enjoyed most of the Pokemon games and the Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky would rank as my favorite. I find it extraordinary playing as the Pokemon with a reasonable storyline. The characters were lovable and the music, I thought, was good.

GaHoolianGirl100
03-03-2013, 07:42 PM
*holds hands up* My favorite game is Pokémon Black. Don't murder me, okay!!

It is challenging, but no so insanely hard that I wanted to give up. It gave me a sense of accomplishment to get my starter and legednary to lvl 100.

The story was actually really good, and I found myself sympathizing for N.

And in my opionion, the way the gym leaders are ordered just makes more sense. Unlike other games, such as Soulsilver, my next favorite, where the leaders are in a random arrangement (most of the time. Like a flying type gym first, then a bug type. Seriously?!) most of the time (having an ice-type right before a dragon-type.).

My second fav is Black 2. The characters are verty good and well thought out, the story is okay (but they it some continuity errors) and I really love the Curtis/Yancy thing.

My third is Soulsiler, forthe same reasons everyone else loves it.

Ranshiin
03-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I've heard of the cinnabar glitch but I've never done it before.
You don't want to. It pretty much permanently messes up your game.

GuiltySpark
03-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Cinnabar island glitch could mess up your game i think you had ro catch missingno to mess up the game but i really dont remember as i havent played blue in a very long time.

GaHoolianGirl100 I think your post is totally legit. pokemon black and white were very well designed games and the story lines in them are something that actually make sense. The antagonist's logic is severely flawed but thats usually the case with the bad guys.

Ensifer I was waiting for someone to say the mystery dungeon games. They were very fun and it was cool playing as the pokemon. I just prefer the team building aspect of the regular games.

did anybody play Pokemon Conquest? I liked that game because i really liked advanced wars and i love pokemon but that game just didnt quite do it for me. it just seemed pointless :frown: it was fun seeing the pokemon though.

HomestuckOtaku
03-03-2013, 10:29 PM
I saw you can't beat the original. Pokemon Red.

GuiltySpark
03-03-2013, 11:23 PM
i understand the nostalgic love for the originals but what would make them actually better games than heartgold or fire red?

Zainox
03-03-2013, 11:34 PM
I liked the original Pokemon Gold the best, not sure why but I just couldn't get into Heart Gold.

GuiltySpark
03-03-2013, 11:37 PM
my sister and i played the crap out of gen 2 on our GBCs. I had silver and she had gold.

AnimeBboy
03-04-2013, 01:25 AM
Pokemon Silver there was a good game. I spent months playing that game only to end up getting beat by Red in the last battle. I swear it tool me like 4 months once I got to him to actually get a good enough team to beat his pokemon. I actually found my Silver game and looked at the team I had which was made of Feraligatr, Ursaring, Pidgeot, Dragonite, Gengar and Arcanine.

Ranshiin
03-04-2013, 04:49 AM
i understand the nostalgic love for the originals but what would make them actually better games than heartgold or fire red?
Probably the mantra of the originals being the 'originals', not sequels or prequels or anything. As in, it was the first.

To be fair I'm torn between Red/Blue and Gold/Silver. Both are brilliant games and both were played the crap out of by me. Unfortunately, due to the whole concept of originals being the originals, I would have to say Red is my more favourite. I actually had all 151 pokemon on it too (a friend had Blue so we traded, and someone else managed to get a Mew from a Nintendo game center thing and he cloned it for us). Just a shame the internal battery in the cart failed eventually and I lost everything. v.v

Aside from those, where's the love for Pokemon Puzzle League? Or am I the only one who liked that game (and thought the AI weren't really that hard)?

GuiltySpark
03-04-2013, 11:16 AM
Ranshiin I never played Puzzle League. And I understand liking originals, in most cases im that was as well, but in this case the remakes were the originals to a T and more. i feel like that little girl in the AT&T commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnA3C9Af_oc

petitefeet
03-04-2013, 11:34 AM
Soul Silver is by far my favorite, mainly because it was my first Pokemon game. Every other time, I played someone else's game. This one was my very own. I also liked the pokewalker, not just for leveling up, but also because it helped me stick to my exercise routine since it counted my steps as I walked. Great motivation for a lazy gamer, give them something that levels something up in their game.

Elukien
03-04-2013, 04:12 PM
GuiltySpark I've played Pokemon Conquest and I quite enjoyed my time playing it, though I don't think many would agree. Personally I found the game pose no challenge, which was quite a disappointment. The artwork was reasonably good and gameplay was entertaining for the most part.

GuiltySpark
03-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Pokemon Silver there was a good game. I spent months playing that game only to end up getting beat by Red in the last battle. I swear it tool me like 4 months once I got to him to actually get a good enough team to beat his pokemon. I actually found my Silver game and looked at the team I had which was made of Feraligatr, Ursaring, Pidgeot, Dragonite, Gengar and Arcanine.

Sounds like a good team. I like all those pokemon a lot but id probably have used a fighting type or electric type in place of ursaring. Feraligator is the way to go in gen 2 starters.

AnimeBboy
03-04-2013, 07:18 PM
Well my ursaring was good because I taught it moves like Thunder Punch, Dynamic Punch, and it also knew Ice Punch and Slash

GuiltySpark
03-04-2013, 07:24 PM
i figured you would use an array of type coverage with him. a lot of those normal types have a varied attack set.

one thing about the older gens of pokemon that i dont remember is who was a physical attacker and who was special attacker. i think certain types were classified as phys or spec.

idk when they changed all that it was for the better.

AnimeBboy
03-04-2013, 07:36 PM
i figured you would use an array of type coverage with him. a lot of those normal types have a varied attack set.

one thing about the older gens of pokemon that i dont remember is who was a physical attacker and who was special attacker. i think certain types were classified as phys or spec.

idk when they changed all that it was for the better.

Yeah you're right i had to do that with Ursaring to make him any good. I wanted ursaring due to the high attack stats that it has. When it can time to fight Lance and the Elite Four ursaring was a vital part of my team because it was my third strongest pokemon in my team which had Dragonite as my first strongest and then Feraligatr.

I remember that with older games but just like you I could never remember which pokemon fell under which category.

GuiltySpark
03-04-2013, 07:47 PM
AnimeBboy I dont remeber my exact team from Silver but I know when i replayed I started with totodile, larvitar and dratini ( pretty much cheating but they were all caught legitimately on my sisters Gold. I remember Tyranitar and Dragonite being my two favorite pokemon

Capriccio
03-05-2013, 11:31 AM
I suppose when it comes to what my favorite Pokemon game of all time is, it would have to be [Pokemon Puzzle League]. It's a classic game on one of my favorite consoles and it blends not only one of my favorite childhood anime series, but also blends in one of my favorite puzzle games. Whenever I would have friends or relatives come over when I was younger, we'd pop in the game and have an hour or so worth of constant battles with each other trying to rack up as much wins as possible. Those were good times. I suppose coming in a close second, my other favorite Pokemon game would have to be [Pokemon TCG (Gameboy Color)]. I suppose I have some quirky favorites amongst the line-up of Pokemon games, but I really enjoyed those two the most. - Don't get me wrong though, I really enjoyed the main installments where you embark on an adventure to be the very best. (Haha!)

ARKphoenix
03-05-2013, 12:16 PM
Pokemon Gold/Silver

Honestly the number of hours I racked up in that game was insane. Me and my buddy Kyle had a copy of Pokemon and a Gameboy Color for Christmas, unfortunately we both had Gold so trading exclusive Pokemon was out of the question lol.

GuiltySpark
03-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Pokemon Gold/Silver

Honestly the number of hours I racked up in that game was insane. Me and my buddy Kyle had a copy of Pokemon and a Gameboy Color for Christmas, unfortunately we both had Gold so trading exclusive Pokemon was out of the question lol.

I love Pokemon because of stories like yours. You remember you got it for Christmas and you remember your friend Kyle.

SirkkaHietamies
03-05-2013, 10:13 PM
sapphire and goldhearth

Kira477
03-06-2013, 12:43 AM
I liked the Ruby/Sapphire version the most. Also tried Crystal once on my moblie phone, but I lost my phone so everything just went poof :(
Black and White is okay actually, still Ruby/Sapphire wins hands down.

Ludumix
03-19-2013, 10:28 PM
I liked red, since it was my first one!
Emerald is a close second!

saimgee123
03-22-2013, 11:42 AM
I like Rom Hacks and its really so good and all time my favorite game.

Unkawaii
03-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness.
I guess I'm in the minority here.

CapnJack
03-23-2013, 05:26 AM
I went on a very long hiatus since Silver (orig.). I bought White last year and now I'm up to 7 badges and closing in on the final story showdown. I like this game and really getting into all the tactical abilities and learning moves that benefit the Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses. Like for instance, Ferroseed being so slow that Gyro Ball/Curse combo is a must keep. I never thought like that in the other games.

But, when it comes down to my favorite game I'd have to go with any Pokemon Pinball. Being a pinball nut myself, I get soooo into catching over 30 Pokemon in one game and continuously evolving and busting my last high score wide open. I seriously wish for Creatures Inc. to work with Fuse to make a new Pokemon Pinball for Black/White. I want to see multiple fields based on as many areas of the game that they can fit.

Rylingo
03-23-2013, 05:49 PM
Pokemon Blue. Got it with a gameboy colour and fell in love with the game. Then the craze hit in 3 weeks after and everyone started buying the game.

I enjoyed Diamond as well. Really good show.

Baka Saru Roddish-kun
03-25-2013, 06:04 AM
Hm, as far as traditional pokemon rpgs go, i love Black. but aall the pokemon games are wonderful, and some of teh spin off games already mentioned like pinball and puzzle and such, they were also awesome. i have NEVER played a bad pokemon game.

Long Live The King!! 2 decades of pokemania and counting....

SolanaNight
04-02-2013, 10:51 PM
If I had To pick a favorite, definitely Emerald. It was my first pokemon game, and I fell in love with it. ^_^ Plus, I really love the 3rd generation. It has so many awesome pokemon in it. Although, all pokemon are awesome in their own way.

LightningCharm
04-03-2013, 05:49 PM
I really enjoy playing Silver, since it was the game that introduced me to Pokemon in the first place. There are so many great Pokemon in Gen 2! Typhlosion being my personal favorite. SoulSilver is just as fun.

DaBlueExorcist
04-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Crystal will always be my favorite. That game helped me through some hard times and not only was it my first pokemon game it has a solid story, cool characters and the Pokemon from second gen are just awesome!

Riamu.Midori
04-04-2013, 12:10 AM
The best pokemon game in my opinion has to be Sapphire it has all my favourite Pokemon. :3

KazuYuki
04-15-2013, 01:28 PM
oh god i love pokemon i like crystal soul silver sapphire and ruby red i liked fire red too im playing pokemon black 2 right now <3

zilverkakashi
04-15-2013, 01:42 PM
of course the classics. red , green ,yellow, blue, silver and gold versions

FatalEnd21
04-15-2013, 03:27 PM
I might be on the minority with this one but my favorite Pokemon games were the Gamecube Pokemon games. I just loved the boss music and the story. I had so much fun with those games but for handheld, my favorite were Firered/Leafgreen. The Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen versions were awesome.

FluffyEmjay
05-01-2013, 02:18 AM
My favorite was the original Pokemon Silver :D

Since it's the first game that the pokemon that appears on the grass depends on the time. :)
I still remember I caught a Gastly and I trained him like he was my starter. *reminiscing w/ tears*
And the graphics back then was utterly awesome to my eyes.

I also like Pokemon Black & Black 2, don't judge. (~; 3; )~

abyisidro
05-06-2013, 08:41 AM
sapphire, cause that my first ever pokemon game. my older cousin bro wouldn't let me play his yellow and red and other games, so i waited until i had my own console and game. next is black, set of brand new pokemons amaze me, like it makes me wonder what type of pokemon it is and other stuff. although pokemons looked like not so good. and my favorite pokemon would be kyogre. i just fell inlove when i saw him. (had to use a lot of pokeballs to capture him cause i dont know i should've get master ball in team aqua's place. -.- oh it was in japanese too, i had no idea what im doing. haha. )

haven't played any 4th gen starters -game though.

Mirrai
05-06-2013, 11:08 AM
My first Pokemon game was Fire/Red in the GBA, I really loved the game even though I played other Pokemon games after that.
Heart/Gold was also my favorite, I was happy they brought back the KANTO region ^^
and Heart/Gold had a much more organized bag unlike Black and White ><

and Pokemon Ranger was also a really fun game but after the story ends, there's nothing much to do anymore, so It's neutral.

Hadokant
05-06-2013, 10:15 PM
Prob Black 2, Soul Silver or Crystal
Black 2 got the formula right and i was very pleased.

Ourobus
05-06-2013, 11:41 PM
My favorite would have to be Gold version, mostly due to being blinded by nostalgia... but still, it's my favorite.

Saiilor
05-07-2013, 12:07 PM
I personally like Ruby.

Wander the Colossi Slayer
06-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Gold version started it for me, so I give my props to it. Though I do love Emerald...

DarkSoulUmbreon
07-12-2013, 08:49 PM
I liked Crystal the most, but Black and White were a close second. Good story, good characters. My only holdback were goofy as heck Pokemon

billyboy1989
08-10-2013, 06:43 PM
pokemon blue the bulbasaur one on gameboy

heshamvirus
08-12-2013, 11:33 AM
all of :)

Anime Forum
08-14-2013, 01:20 AM
Pokemon Frigo Returns was a damn funny fanmade game. Lol, but for official Nintendo made products? Probably Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Emerald. 4th region IMO was horrible, 5th region was okay, and 2nd region got boring quickly.

SigmaSD
08-16-2013, 12:06 PM
I played the living hell out of Pokemon Blue when I was little so I would say that one. Though my second favorite would be Pokemon Diamond considering it revolutionized Pokemon by separating physical and special attacks based on the attack itself and not the element the attack was. Though the Elite Four was the worst by far in my opinion.

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-16-2013, 03:08 PM
My Pokémon Ranch

Xeyuzio
08-16-2013, 07:20 PM
Hoenn games were the best, more specifically Sapphire, really loved that game a bunch.

killbill
08-24-2013, 11:00 AM
My favourite is definitely the yellow version, it was my first pokemon game and I have replayed it so many times I have lost count.

For me it still has the best music out of every other pokemon game.

AstralShino
05-29-2014, 02:53 AM
I like Emerald the most but the reboot SoulSilver was really great as well since the gameplay is so long

Major.Tom
05-29-2014, 06:47 AM
Enjoyed silver the most, just the old school one not the remake.
WAs almost most fun to experience the game the first time, best Pokemon game to date still imo.

Toshiro Tazukura
06-16-2014, 12:23 PM
Pokémon Colosseum (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fbulbapedia.bulbagarden.net%2Fwiki %2FPok%25C3%25A9mon_Colosseum&ei=viefU_idDcqHogS06YGgCA&usg=AFQjCNEV39Jnrl_xuSsWusGpiJHRnJ9zqg&bvm=bv.68911936,d.cGU)

Because I can steal other people Pokemon.

Gamer Twilight
06-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Pokemon Red/Blue because soundtrack. Graphics, nostalgia. I played Silver but liked it a lot less it felt like a knock off with some new elements to make it harder to red/blue veterans. I guess I've always been elitist.

RyuTama
06-25-2014, 08:37 PM
Pokemon Red/Blue because soundtrack. Graphics, nostalgia. I played Silver but liked it a lot less it felt like a knock off with some new elements to make it harder to red/blue veterans. I guess I've always been elitist.

How was Gold/Silver harder than Red/Blue? Everything was so under leveled pre-game. I mean I loved 2nd gen, but tbh I was kinda disappointed how the champion's highest leveled Pokemon was a lvl 50 Dragonite. It's not really challenging until you get to the Kanto side of the map.

Anyway, I honestly loved all the games. The only one I didn't really care for was Black/White. It's the ONLY game where I have less than a hundred hours clocked in. x: I'm gonna replay my Emerald version just before the Hoenn remakes come out.

Gamer Twilight
06-26-2014, 06:03 AM
How was Gold/Silver harder than Red/Blue? Everything was so under leveled pre-game. I mean I loved 2nd gen, but tbh I was kinda disappointed how the champion's highest leveled Pokemon was a lvl 50 Dragonite. It's not really challenging until you get to the Kanto side of the map.

Anyway, I honestly loved all the games. The only one I didn't really care for was Black/White. It's the ONLY game where I have less than a hundred hours clocked in. x: I'm gonna replay my Emerald version just before the Hoenn remakes come out.
When I said harder I meant longer as in they stuck in a lot of gym members. Yeah It was piss easy compared to red/blue.

RyuTama
06-26-2014, 04:08 PM
When I said harder I meant longer as in they stuck in a lot of gym members. Yeah It was piss easy compared to red/blue.

Huh, I've never thought a game was hard just cuz it's longer. To be honest I enjoy myself more if the game has a lot of material to go through.

AllHopeInEclipse
06-26-2014, 10:24 PM
Red/Blue, because every other Pokemon is lame. I still have my Red and Blue, and have never wanted to play another one.

RyuTama
06-27-2014, 02:31 AM
Let's play "Spot the Genwunner"! :D

Lol jk. But AllHopeInEclipse, just wondering, but have you played any of the other games? If so, which ones? o: I'm curious.

AllHopeInEclipse
06-27-2014, 10:05 AM
RyuTama I haven't even played Yellow lol. Let alone any other one. 151 is more than enough for me.

RyuTama
06-27-2014, 02:55 PM
RyuTama I haven't even played Yellow lol. Let alone any other one. 151 is more than enough for me.

Yellow is the exact same as Red/Blue, except you start off with Pikachu, and you can get all the starters throughout the game.

All I can say is if you actually liked the first games, then you're missing out. x:

rukA00
06-27-2014, 05:13 PM
I like Emerald. It was the only Pokemon game I really ever played.

Galleya
06-29-2014, 01:16 AM
I love the red remake fire red and Saphire ! probably the best generations of all-time. Therefpre I'm very excited to see the saphire/Ruby remakes !

Estraya
03-27-2016, 09:55 PM
Silver and Soul Silver I think. I like the story line the most. At the moment I am nerding out on Diamond.

The Wing Man
04-15-2016, 01:54 AM
Pokemon Gold.

sarah1690
06-22-2016, 05:01 AM
My favorite has to be Pokemon Yellow!

Laurenmaru
06-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Pokemon Yellow and the Pokemon Stadium. Both timeless classics. :D

BebopCrew
07-26-2016, 03:31 PM
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow and Pokemon Gold/Silver.
Those will always remain my absolute favorites, even as an old man.
I hope I'll still have them by then though. And that they continue to work.

Yan Chan
07-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Silver is my all time favorite. Yellow and Stadium on N64 tie for second. Diamond/Pearl too, I guess. But that's when I drifted away from the series.

ScaledBlue
07-27-2016, 12:09 AM
Pokemon Emerald, pokemon fire red may have been my first but Emerald stuck with me.

kaufen
08-24-2016, 03:48 AM
I personally like Ruby.

SentaiSenpai
08-26-2016, 02:05 PM
Red/Blue was my first, I'm not so much into pokemon now due to it feeling to much like a clusterf*ck. Still, some of the new pokemon designs can be pretty good, like Pancham, he is awesome.

BUT regardless of what all you peasants say, there is one superior title that has gone unmentioned, and it is a shame that it's been unrecognized here as the reigning champ...

POKEMON SNAP WAS DA BEST!!!! xD I was really addicted to that one for a while.

Kirito
08-26-2016, 05:36 PM
My all time favorite is Pokemon Crystal, well that's if we're talking about the main series handheld games. I really love Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness and Pokemon Colosseum on the GameCube too. I do have a favorite of each system gen though. Crystal > Emerald > Fire Red/Leaf Green > D&P. I lost interest after D&P and Platinum, until X came out, that was fun. Now I play OR/AS and am waiting for Moon.

Aulos
09-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Pokemon Crystal is a longtime favorite of mine, because Generation II was amazing in that it pretty much only bettered from RBY, but Pokemon Crystal made it even better by giving us the option to pick a female character and plenty of other stuff I've forgotten.

The Generation V games and X/Y are also excellent, too, though.

Digimon_Sommelier
11-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Pokémon Yellow, Gold and Silver, and Sapphire. 's the last time I played the games.

Estraya
11-14-2016, 08:30 PM
I think probably pokemon silver.
Please visit my Everything Pokemon group for a chance to win a shiny!
Once in the group go to the Trade Spot discussion to find out what the shiny is and how to win it!