PDA

View Full Version : [Nick] Zevo-3

abcdefgh12345678
02-27-2013, 05:31 AM
This is some TV cartoon put out by the shoe company Sketchers. I don't know what it's about, or if it's any good. Anybody here seen it? And if you have, would you recommend watching it?

Here's the intro video on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJSVfRoUABs

The intro video makes it look like it could be interesting, but I'm not sure.

Oh, by the way, there was a big stink a couple years ago when this came out, because parents feared it would be a commercial for shoes disguised as a cartoon aimed at kids. There was even a complaint filed with the FCC urging them to force Sketchers to not air the cartoon, in keeping with regulations (FCC requires kids shows to not be used to advertise products and that "commercial breaks" between segments of a kids show be kept to a total of 12 minutes maximum). Well as the above video shows, the show did air, as that's the only way a person could have recorded it and uploaded it to Youtube. So obviously the FCC didn't block it from airing. And this brings up another question. What do you think about advertising being mixed with kids shows?

abcdefgh12345678
03-02-2013, 07:01 AM
Someone please comment.

nslay
03-02-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm not big on the superhero cartoons but it's an interesting intro. I don't think much can be said about it based on that though.

If companies want to write their products into shows, I'm all for that, especially if it eliminates commercials.

I know you like to start interesting discussions, but if your post doesn't receive a comment, the worst possible thing you could do is try to bump it. People will inexplicably hate you for it (no matter the community or forum).

The best thing you can do in such a situation is move on and try a new topic.

Thanks for sharing.