PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 4 Discussion Thread

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-20-2013, 05:46 PM
So yeah, it got announced.

So far, this thing is freaking amazing.

Like damn, play a game while you download it? I'm done.

blueangel06661
02-20-2013, 05:58 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md38qf3gfZ1rack1jo1_400.jpg

I know the PS3 was released in 2006.. But I didn't get mine until late 2009.. I'm still enjoying it ;___; I'm so slow at buying new consols. I still use the Gamecube for crying out loud. Will brush up on all the spiffy new features when I feel like crying and looking at my wallet as I wait for my system to become outdated.. Like all the others I own...

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-20-2013, 06:19 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md38qf3gfZ1rack1jo1_400.jpg

I know the PS3 was released in 2006.. But I didn't get mine until late 2010.. I'm still enjoying it ;___; I'm so slow at buying new consols. I still use the Gamecube for crying out loud. Will brush up on all the spiffy new features when I feel like crying and looking at my wallet as I wait for my system to become outdated.. Like all the others I own...

Unless I missed something.

Also, OMFG DAT NEW KILLZONE.

Ranshiin
02-20-2013, 06:48 PM
Picks and sauce or it didn't happen.

Like, I'm still waiting on Yahoo to update for this stuff. (also how the frell can you 'play a game whilst you download it'? With the random possibilities of needing to access certain, possibly non-existent files ... no, just don't see it happening.)

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Go look at the conference instead of relying on Yahoo. Get on with the times, Mac.

Also, Diablo III for PS3 and PS4 confirmed.

Ranshiin
02-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Go look at the conference instead of relying on Yahoo. Get on with the times, Mac.

Also, Diablo III for PS3 and PS4 confirmed.
I'm sorry. It's not like I know where exactly to look to find this conference.

Google not helping. Also I found out it's using an x86 (32-bit) processor. GET WITH THE TIMES, SONY. 64-bit is where it's at. >_>

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-20-2013, 07:08 PM
I'm sorry. It's not like I know where exactly to look to find this conference.

Google not helping. Also I found out it's using an x86 (32-bit) processor. GET WITH THE TIMES, SONY. 64-bit is where it's at. >_>

Have you tried IGN, GameTrailers, Twitch.TV or GameSpot? Lol.

Ranshiin
02-20-2013, 07:13 PM
Doesn't matter. Stream's over now, apparently.

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-20-2013, 07:16 PM
Doesn't matter. Stream's over now, apparently.

It was a great meeting.

The PS3 will have a built-in recorder and uploader. But I think it will be limited to UStream and Facebook.

That's sort of a good thing...Just hope they don't enable it for Youtube.

Bulf
02-20-2013, 07:27 PM
No pix
no release date
no games I really want (besides watch_dogs)

I think I'll pass.
But I will give Sony credit for that new engine. goddamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
WatchDogs got confirmed for PS4

Density will also be for PS4 and it will have Exclusive content from Bungie, only the PS4 though, not the PS3.

Infamous 3 confirmed as well.

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

No pix
no release date
no games I really want (besides watch_dogs)

I think I'll pass.
But I will give Sony credit for that new engine. goddamnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Holiday 2013.

That means November....probably.

But yeah, Unreal Engine 4...Goddamn.

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

And lol @ Constant Online

Jozette
02-20-2013, 07:55 PM
LAAAAAAAAME. Thank you thank you *leaves*

FluffyDango
02-20-2013, 08:13 PM
I closed the stream about 30 mins ago or more, it was so damn laggy. Audio went away, video stopped(without that actual loading icon) and when that happened the stream would jump forward, didn't do that when it loaded.
Watching a stream about games in 240p is not fun :P

But it was good for the first 20 mins or 30.
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/playstation-4-specs-resemble-high-end-pc-1C8459714

Did they really say that you have to be online all the time? Even when playing single player?

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 AM ----------

That Killzone game looked pretty cool, but I'd rather buy Killzone 4. That Killzone was another spin-off.

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-20-2013, 08:14 PM
I closed the stream about 30 mins ago or more, it was so damn laggy. Audio went away, video stopped(without that actual loading icon) and when that happened the stream would jump forward, didn't do that when it loaded.
Watching a stream about games in 240p is not fun :P

But it was good for the first 20 mins or 30.
http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/ingame/playstation-4-specs-resemble-high-end-pc-1C8459714

Did they really say that you have to be online all the time? Even when playing single player?

Don't think so but it's being speculated.

Personally, I think it's a horrible idea.

FluffyDango
02-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Don't think so but it's being speculated.

Personally, I think it's a horrible idea.

Of course it's a horrible idea.
People lose their internet at times, bad weather, shitty ISP, lots of other things. People would want to play single player then, to have something to do while waiting for ISP to fix the net.
If the PS4 will have this, I'm not getting one.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Watch_Dogs is being released on PS3 too.
I'll probably get it for PS3, since I can't wait to afford a PS4 to play that game :P

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Of course it's a horrible idea.
People lose their internet at times, bad weather, shitty ISP, lots of other things. People would want to play single player then, to have something to do while waiting for ISP to fix the net.
If the PS4 will have this, I'm not getting one.

---------- Post added at 03:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 AM ----------

Watch_Dogs is being released on PS3 too.
I'll probably get it for PS3, since I can't wait to afford a PS4 to play that game :P

To be honest, one of the reasons they are doing it is to avoid piracy (people stay offline when they flash/Jtag Xbox or Jailbreak PS3s), so kind of a smart move in that sense but overall, it's screwing up everyone else. Blocking Used games too.

Of course it's being released for PS3 too, and it's been confirmed for WiiU as well.

FluffyDango
02-20-2013, 08:28 PM
To be honest, one of the reasons they are doing it is to avoid piracy (people stay offline when they flash/Jtag Xbox or Jailbreak PS3s), so kind of a smart move in that sense but overall, it's screwing up everyone else. Blocking Used games too.

Of course it's being released for PS3 too, and it's been confirmed for WiiU as well.

That I don't mind.
Except that if I want to borrow a friend's game, I can't play it if they've played it on their PS4.
But as you might've noticed, I buy all my games new.
It's better to support everyone who was a part of the making of the game, the developers who works hard on their games, than just the store. GameStop rips people off enough, with that "We buy your games" crap.

blueangel06661
02-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Tch the problem I had with all my old systems was no internet to connect to internet for online play... The problem with my new systems is that I can't play UNLESS I have internet...

People need to chill and just let me play the dang game internet or no internet.. Used or not used..

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-20-2013, 08:36 PM
That I don't mind.
Except that if I want to borrow a friend's game, I can't play it if they've played it on their PS4.
But as you might've noticed, I buy all my games new.
It's better to support everyone who was a part of the making of the game, the developers who works hard on their games, than just the store. GameStop rips people off enough, with that "We buy your games" crap.

To be honest, I agree with you.

There's a lot of websites online that sell games new and cheap, as opposed to GameStop that it's only 5 dollars off. You don't have to buy games Day 1, but at the same time, I understand why people buy used games as it's difficult to find them new months later, or a year later. I mean, I guess Digital games will be supported more.

But to be honest, you won't be able to play borrowed games at all either,

Appy
02-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Tch the problem I had with all my old systems was no internet to connect to internet for online play... The problem with my new systems is that I can't play UNLESS I have internet...

People need to chill and just let me play the dang game internet or no internet.. Used or not used..

So true!

I think i'm to wait until both consoles come out (PS4/Xbox 720?) and see what kind of games come out, because i missed out on a lot of playstation exclusives (i own xbox and wii) such as infamous, uncharted, GOW. If those kind of adventure games come out on PS4, i'll be getting my first playstation! :O

Does anyone know what happens to backwards compatibility on the new consoles? I hope that Sony does both these things.. (backwards compatibility and offline play)

Ranshiin
02-21-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm going to Sticky this thread, provided that everyone can behave and be mature about the discussion.

Does anyone know what happens to backwards compatibility on the new consoles? I hope that Sony does both these things.. (backwards compatibility and offline play)
I heard there won't be any. -cough no surprise cough- which is a bit stupid considering they did the same thing for the PS3, which kinda put me off of buying one since that would still mean I'd need a PS2 to play PS2 games. But, since the console architecture will be closer to a PC and there are PS3 emulators (I think?) I don't think it would be out of Sony's grasp to add backward compatibility.

I'm also not a fan of the purported 'must be online to play games' thing. Yes, I can see why - the whole thing about being able to stream your games live to friends. However ... Sony obviously knows shit about the UK and that our ISPs are assholes when it comes to data usage. Not to mention that 80% of the country wouldn't even have the bandwidth per household to support that - and Lord help me if I tried it at my parents', they can barely get their TV decoded through the Internet, let alone play online games there. :l

That so-called 'data limit' that you US peeps don't really suffer from is a big bottleneck for the UK; a good example is that I have to fork out £20 more than I probably could, to have the highest-available internet speed in my area, just because it doesn't have a download cap like the other tariffs. my old setup had a 700MB/day upload cap. I went over that on a very consistent basis just from playing xbox which resulted in my speeds being nerfed for the rest of the week. THINK, SONY, THINK.

Also a bit skeptical on the 'no used games' thing. Half the games I own are pre-owned. Local companies like CEX will go bust if they do that, not to mention general game sales will drop too ... no doubt. I would genuinely not mind having to just buy a damn 'pass' for the game if it's pre-owned (a lot of Xbox games do that so you can't play online without a valid pass), but if they dn't do that then .... no, that's a console killer. If they'd done that on the PS3 I'd never be able to play Motorstorm ... every game I own on PS3 is used. seriously.

However, I'm digressing. It's early days, and Sony are obviously trying to consider new things and be intuitive; whether they work or not remains to be seen but it may still be too early for some of the things they are proposing. An actual goddamn picture of the console would have been nice, too.

❣Theory
02-21-2013, 12:19 PM
I currently have my ps3 and even my ps2, but I think I'll pass on the ps4. Although there are awesome games coming out for the new console and some fixed issues that were ps3. I will just stick to what I have and honestly at the end of the day I miss the days when it was all about the ps2 (lol). Also doesn't help I'm more of an Xbox fan, but I don't hate. This posts lacks a deep conversation about my thoughts on this. But honestly, that's all I feel this discussion deserves for the most part.

blueangel06661
02-21-2013, 12:33 PM
What companies really should do is set up a buyback program. Instead of having gamestop or something like that where they don't get any money back they should just create one on their own so they can buy back used games and re-sell them. Granted they HAVE to mark them as used and can't just re-package them as new to save them money. This would just bring them profit.. Buy them new, up the price a little bit. Granted I'm sure since it's legit some people will only buy them this way instead of buying them new at all.. But... Worth a shot.. or something

DeathBlade/13.666
02-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Well I was gonna pass on the PS4, especially without backwards compatibility. But after watching the vid for the new Killzone game... I may just get it after all. Luckily I've got plenty of time before it comes out.

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Well I was gonna pass on the PS4, especially without backwards compatibility. But after watching the vid for the new Killzone game... I may just get it after all. Luckily I've got plenty of time before it comes out.

Ranshiin

To those who are complaining about Backwards Compatibility, you got to think that it was one of the reasons the PS3 was $600 at launch and they suffered from it. It would be a killer for them if they include that in the PS4 as it would be even more overly expensive. They need to keep the cost of the console as low as possible.

I would assume if they add a PS3 Emulator (Just like how they added a PS2 Emulator on the PS3 at launch), it would rise the price. I bet people would think it's still too expensive and not buy the console anyway.

Not to mention that it will be able to stream PS3 games. That's a different issue I'll address later.

Appy
02-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Update on the used games:

Yoshida reaffirmed that “disc-based games on PS4” will work on any other PlayStation 4. So, as first reported yesterday (http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/sony-exec-playstation-4-doesnt-block-used-games), PS4 will have no used games/shared games lock for retail, store-bought titles. -IGN

Also i found on a dutch gaming site (gamer.nl) which said that the PS4 does not have be connected with the internet at all times!

Could not find anything on backwards compatibility though..

DeathBlade/13.666
02-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Ranshiin

To those who are complaining about Backwards Compatibility, you got to think that it was one of the reasons the PS3 was $600 at launch and they suffered from it. It would be a killer for them if they include that in the PS4 as it would be even more overly expensive. They need to keep the cost of the console as low as possible.

I would assume if they add a PS3 Emulator (Just like how they added a PS2 Emulator on the PS3 at launch), it would rise the price. I bet people would think it's still too expensive and not buy the console anyway.

Not to mention that it will be able to stream PS3 games. That's a different issue I'll address later.Yea, but I was willing to pay $600, and did pay $600 for my backwards compatible PS3. I like being able to play my old games and not having to freakin' re-get them via the PSN. I understand what you mean by trying to keep the costs down, but for me it's worth it. Then again, I can just keep my backwards compatible PS3 and have a PS4 at the same time. Much like what folks did with the non-backwards compatible PS3's by keeping their PS2's.

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Yea, but I was willing to pay $600, and did pay $600 for my backwards compatible PS3. I like being able to play my old games and not having to freakin' re-get them via the PSN. I understand what you mean by trying to keep the costs down, but for me it's worth it. Then again, I can just keep my backwards compatible PS3 and have a PS4 at the same time. Much like what folks did with the non-backwards compatible PS3's by keeping their PS2's.

You can think it's gonna be worth it but in the end, it doesn't benefit Sony since the rest still won't buy it.

Also, this is just an assumption but are you willing to pay $700 for a console? I don't think it will go that far, but I still think it might be expensive.

Also, it's one of the reasons Nintendo was able to reduce the Wii's price so low when they removed all the Gamecube Compatibility back in October 2011. These stuff bring more cost to the console.

Might as well make the Playstation 4 a good $450 and then buy a Playstation 3 Super Slim.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-21-2013, 03:03 PM
You can think it's gonna be worth it but in the end, it doesn't benefit Sony since the rest still won't buy it.

Also, this is just an assumption but are you willing to pay $700 for a console? I don't think it will go that far, but I still think it might be expensive.

Also, it's one of the reasons Nintendo was able to reduce the Wii's price so low when they removed all the Gamecube Compatibility back in October 2011. These stuff bring more cost to the console.

Might as well make the Playstation 4 a good $450 and then buy a Playstation 3 Super Slim.True, but even at $700, I'd still be tempted... I mean when you're paying $500, what's another $100 for the ability to play games you already own? Especially when two new games will cost $120. 2 new games for $120, ability to play all my old games for $100.... Which is really worth more?

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-21-2013, 03:09 PM
True, but even at $700, I'd still be tempted... I mean when you're paying $500, what's another $100 for the ability to play games you already own? Especially when two new games will cost $120. 2 new games for $120, ability to play all my old games for $100.... Which is really worth more?

The PS3 was $200 lower without the Backwards Compatibility, so that's 200.

I know it's worth it, but it's just more than 100 more dollars.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-21-2013, 03:23 PM
The PS3 was $200 lower without the Backwards Compatibility, so that's 200.

I know it's worth it, but it's just more than 100 more dollars.Oh right, Even still at $200 dollars. You're either gonna get 3 games with $20 left over, or shell out $40 more for a fourth game. Whereas with the $200 for the backwards compatibility, I can play the 49 games I already have.

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Oh right, Even still at $200 dollars. You're either gonna get 3 games with $20 left over, or shell out $40 more for a fourth game. Whereas with the $200 for the backwards compatibility, I can play the 49 games I already have.

You're not wrong but the flaw with your argument is that you're talking about yourself and your economic status.

There's people to this date that still is waiting to be able to afford a PS3.

EDIT: I just realized that you're assuming that the PS3 games will be 60 dollars if they are distributed digitally. You do realize that the Digital PS2 games are only 10 dollars, right? With the exception of GTA San Andreas because they decided to make it $15 like all the digital retailers like Steam and Xbox Live.

Matter of fact, even the Digital PS3 games on the PSN Store are $20, heck, even Playstation All Stars went down to $40.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-21-2013, 03:45 PM
You're not wrong but the flaw with your argument is that you're talking about yourself and your economic status.

There's people to this date that still is waiting to be able to afford a PS3.Oh no, you're absolutely right. Not everyone can shell out that kind of cash. But all I can go from is my status. I don't know the average economical status of everyone on AF.

Plus with the compatibility, you're able to save up for new games by the fact that you can still play your old games. I can have fun playing 49 old games and maybe one of two new ones, instead of having to blow so much on new games right off the bat.

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-21-2013, 03:48 PM
Oh no, you're absolutely right. Not everyone can shell out that kind of cash. But all I can go from is my status. I don't know the average economical status of everyone on AF.

Plus with the compatibility, you're able to save up for new games by the fact that you can still play your old games. I can have fun playing 49 old games and maybe one of two new ones, instead of having to blow so much on new games right off the bat.

EDIT: I just realized that you're assuming that the PS3 games will be 60 dollars if they are distributed digitally. You do realize that the Digital PS2 games are only 10 dollars, right? With the exception of GTA San Andreas because they decided to make it $15 like all the digital retailers like Steam and Xbox Live.

Matter of fact, even the Digital PS3 games on the PSN Store are $20, heck, even Playstation All Stars went down to $40.

Believe me though, I want it but if they have to not include it to cut costs, then I say go for it. I can also afford it but here's the thing, the PS3 still lost a lot at launch just because of that $600 launch. They are not gonna make the same mistake.

Kaleohano
02-21-2013, 04:04 PM
to put it simply, if its around $600 like the PS3 was, then one of them will be mine!

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-21-2013, 04:21 PM
With all the features, getting this Day 1 is a must.

But that uploader and recorder really bothers me. That means scrubs will be filling Youtube now.

Ranshiin
02-21-2013, 04:49 PM
With all the features, getting this Day 1 is a must.

But that uploader and recorder really bothers me. That means scrubs will be filling Youtube now.
They do that anyway. There will be a difference?

And, to be honest I'm disagreeing with you on the Day 1 thing. I want to see what Microsoft throws out before making any choices; since most of my friends are on Xbox it may be the smarter option for me.

Ghost
02-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Idk the ps4 looks the same nothing to new about it just the remote XD Hope it works butr im looking forward too seeing the Xbox720 Go Xbox LOL

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-21-2013, 05:29 PM
They do that anyway. There will be a difference?

And, to be honest I'm disagreeing with you on the Day 1 thing. I want to see what Microsoft throws out before making any choices; since most of my friends are on Xbox it may be the smarter option for me.

That more scrubs will be filling it?

Whatever Xbox will have, doesn't lessen the value of what the PS4 will have. Still a Day 1 for me.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Idk the ps4 looks the same nothing to new about it just the remote XD Hope it works butr im looking forward too seeing the Xbox720 Go Xbox LOL

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm191/N3lly_J3lly/GIF/GIF-LAUGH.gif

Ranshiin
02-21-2013, 06:24 PM
I dunno, I will be giving the successor to the xbox (I'm not calling it the 720, afaik no name has been revealed yet) preference since I play more on Xbox.

Also it would be rude to not give/discuss details on the Xbox successor as and when it becomes available; bias because of one's own preference is bad. I own both PS3 and Xbox 360; I understand the pros and cons of each console.

Until I see what Microsoft's plan for their Sony-competitor is, I'm going to remain skeptical on what has been revealed about the PS4. It hasn't bought me over just yet, and it would be rude to assume it's going to be better 'just because'.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-21-2013, 08:38 PM

Believe me though, I want it but if they have to not include it to cut costs, then I say go for it. I can also afford it but here's the thing, the PS3 still lost a lot at launch just because of that $600 launch. They are not gonna make the same mistake.
True, one could always download games instead of buying them in a store. But having the compatibility still would save me money on day one as opposed to having to shell out more cash after a big expense. Though it kinda makes me wonder how much the compatibility for the PS1 made the PS2 more expensive.

wolfgirl90
02-22-2013, 12:43 AM
True, one could always download games instead of buying them in a store. But having the compatibility still would save me money on day one as opposed to having to shell out more cash after a big expense. Though it kinda makes me wonder how much the compatibility for the PS1 made the PS2 more expensive.

It saves you money, but costs Sony more to do it. The difference between the PS1 and the PS2 isn't a huge technical leap. PS2 to PS3 is a different story.

When the PS3 first came out, it was, quite literally, three consoles in one. The motherboard actually had the PS2 CPU ("Emotion Engine") and GPU ("Graphics Synthesizer") on it. Since these two chips already supported the PS1, they effectively shoved a PS2 onto the PS3. However, Sony lost money for each PS3 sold because of this.

Also, the amount of power consumed by a backwards-compatible PS3 is quite large due to the extra two chips. This, along with Sony's rushing and lead-free solder, caused the whole "Yellow Light of Death" issue (it still happens yes, but it was more prevalent in the past) and one of the reasons why I still have a job.:)

Backwards-compatibility might be a deal breaker for some people, but people have to understand the technical issues associated with it. Having backwards-compatibility via hardware is going to make things much more complicated. I'm already nervous about Sony putting the GPU and the CPU on the same die; it makes getting data easier, but causes heating issues if one isn't careful (*cough* Xbox 360 Slim *cough*).

I'll just have to wait for more details on the PS4. That way, I can be ready when I inevitably have to start repairing them.:cool::cool:

DeathBlade/13.666
02-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Fair enough, wolfgirl90, and thank you for the info.

Ranshiin
02-22-2013, 02:14 PM
The PlayStation 4 will feature a single-chip processor (APU (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accelerated_processing_unit)) custom-designed by AMD. It consists of an integrated CPU and GPU. The highly-integrated Sony PlayStation 4 system-on-chip integrates eight AMD x86 Jaguar cores, custom AMD Radeon HD core with unified array of 18 AMD GCN-like compute units (1152 stream processors which collectively generate 1.84TFLOPS of computer power that can freely be applied to graphics, simulation tasks, or some mixture of the two), various special-purpose hardware blocks as well as multi-channel GDDR5 memory controller.
The central processing unit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_processing_unit) (CPU) will have eight x86-64 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86-64) cores based on the upcoming Jaguar CPU architecture (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMD_Accelerated_Processing_Unit#Jaguar).[14] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_4#cite_note-14) This processor marks a change from the "powerful but difficult to develop for" Cell processor found in the PlayStation 3.[15] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_4#cite_note-15)
The graphics processing unit (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit) (GPU) will consist of 18 compute units based on GCN (Graphics Core Next) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Islands_%28GPU_family%29#Technical_detail s), resulting in a theoretical peak performance of 1.84 TFLOP/s (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLOPS).[12] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_4#cite_note-SCEJ_a-12)
The GPU will also include dedicated graphics technology for seamless compression and decompression of video media.

The PlayStation 4 will contain 8 GB of GDDR5 unified system memory, allowing for 176 GB/s of bandwidth.[12] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_4#cite_note-SCEJ_a-12)[16] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_4#cite_note-16) The unified memory architecture allows the CPU and GPU to access a consolidated memory, removing the requirement for seperate dedicated CPU and GPU memories.
The read-only optical drive will read Blu-ray (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray) discs at 6x and DVDs (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD) at 8x.[12] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_4#cite_note-SCEJ_a-12) A hard disk drive will be included, although Sony has not yet announced the size.[12] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_4#cite_note-SCEJ_a-12)[17] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_4#cite_note-Joystiq_Sony_press_release-17)

So, my original opinion on the system running 32-bit is wrong; it's a 64-bit processor. The thing is also going to have EIGHT GIGABYTES of (shared) RAM? That's insane, notwithstanding that it's GDDR5 (which I've never even used, but is supposed to be hella fast).

... Well, I'm impressed by the tech now. The graphics processor they plan to use in the PS3 is also comparable to an ATI HD7000-series (probably a 7900/7950?) card, and those are veeeery recent.

Microsoft's got their work cut out for them this time.

Xeyuzio
02-22-2013, 05:44 PM
Where are the pictures of it, someone post the pictures of it.

Ranshiin
02-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Sony did not announce the physical build of the console or even what its exact specifications are; all that they showed is the new DualShock 4 controller, which is 'near-final' and probably won't undergo too many design changes over the next months.

Xeyuzio
02-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Sony did not announce the physical build of the console or even what its exact specifications are; all that they showed is the new DualShock 4 controller, which is 'near-final' and probably won't undergo too many design changes over the next months.

Why, Sony, why?

Ranshiin
02-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Why, Sony, why?
They obviously haven't yet finalized exactly what hardware is going to be used for the console, and thus any design they could have for it might be invalidated if they find they need to make it bigger because something they decide to use doesn't fit or doesn't have adequate space for cooling. I think they did the same with the PS3 and even the PS2; they will probably show off some sort of prototype console case at E3.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-22-2013, 06:46 PM
Speaking about the controller.. What's all that mess in the middle for? Is that the same thing as the touchpad on the back of the PSVita?

Ranshiin
02-22-2013, 07:04 PM
Speaking about the controller.. What's all that mess in the middle for? Is that the same thing as the touchpad on the back of the PSVita?
Supposedly a touch-pad, yes. Apparently registers two separate touch-points and can be clicked. I'm not sure what purpose it could have, though.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Supposedly a touch-pad, yes. Apparently registers two separate touch-points and can be clicked. I'm not sure what purpose it could have, though.
Hopefully the game developers will take charge and incorporate it into their games. Sucks having a fancy doo-dad that can only be used on a limited number of things. -Looking at you, controller set for Steel Battalion.-

Light Buster
02-23-2013, 05:17 PM
Hopefully it doesn't have poor launch titles like the PS3 did back when it launched. (Not saying the PS3 is terrible but the bad start hurt the PS3's reputation and the PS4 could suffer the same fate.)

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Hopefully it doesn't have poor launch titles like the PS3 did back when it launched. (Not saying the PS3 is terrible but the bad start hurt the PS3's reputation and the PS4 could suffer the same fate.)

Xbox 360 also had a bad launch line up as well, and so did the WiiU last year....

I hope the games announced as launch titles.

Immoral
03-12-2013, 02:52 PM
I'm a collector... I want the physical copy. Not into the PS4 at all. :<

gff135
03-25-2013, 07:32 AM
i want the ps4 so bad !!!!!!!!!!!!

.:neuko:.
04-15-2013, 05:57 PM
What companies really should do is set up a buyback program. Instead of having gamestop or something like that where they don't get any money back they should just create one on their own so they can buy back used games and re-sell them. Granted they HAVE to mark them as used and can't just re-package them as new to save them money. This would just bring them profit.. Buy them new, up the price a little bit. Granted I'm sure since it's legit some people will only buy them this way instead of buying them new at all.. But... Worth a shot.. or something

If that idea was reality, it'd definitely have my support! ^ ^

I could just imagine the Nintendo e-Shop version of this...

Virtual Shop Owner: A very good day to you sir! Welcome to the incredibly fancy game buyback counter.

Mercy me, what do we have here? It appears you have some games! Allow me a moment's peek into that bag...

Now... Nintendoland and ZombiU, huh? If you're of a mind to sell those, I'll buy your 2 games for 2000 Wii points. How does that sound, sir?

Splendid! I'll give you 2000 Wii points for your 2 games!

Very well, then! Farewell!

This gag only works if you've played Zelda: Twlight Princess (even then, it's not that funny...).

Anyways, on a more serious note: Personally, I'm not all that excited about the PS4 (yet), and not just because much of the news about it is still based on rumours. I mean sure, the technical specs sound impressive, and the "download-while-you-play" function sounds great, and granted, it's somewhat reassuring to know the hardware will be an easier ride for developers (unlike the PS3). Like the PS Vita, Sony appears to have made yet another capable console, there's no doubt about that.

But, here's the thing: Making a great games console is just one part of the solution. My main concern with Sony at the moment is its rather incompetent and complacent attitude towards its own consumers. Thus far, Sony's treatment towards gamers with the PS Vita has been sluggish at best, and downright pathetic at worst, especially when compared to the same services offered by smart phones and indeed pirates. And a lot of it comes down to Sony's persistence on "certification processes" and ceaseless firmware updates, without which the games don't run. Suffice to say, I'm not too optimistic as to how Sony will treat their customers with their new PS4 given their track record of customer support with the PS Vita.

Then there's the sorry state of the console video games industry itself. There was a time when games consoles were just games consoles, and games were just games--not the pay-now, pay-more-later money-making schemes, as seems to be the case these days, but simply games. All I had to do was just slap in a game disk and the game would just run. No having to wait up to an hour for some patch to fix a game that should have been tested properly in the first place, no having to live with intrusive big-brother-esque DRM because of irrational fears of piracy, and most of all, no having to deal with on-disk game content being held to ransom as I'm forced to buy "keys" (i.e. not really DLC) in exchange for what I've already paid for.

"Oh, but the PS4 will have high-end PC-quality graphics!" No--it won't. And even if that was the case, superior graphics is no justification for poor customer service, Sony; so get your act together. That also goes for any games publisher who thinks they can just treat their consumers however they like because they poured lots of money into their precious work of art, and in return expect their consumers to worship it like some sexual idol and be automatically grateful for any reveal of itself.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 12:42 AM
Will post all the Playstation 4 stuff here after Im done with Xbox One.

So far we already know the games and we know that it's DRM-free for the most part.

Will not post everything else past this E3 but will try to update with new stuff. http://www.narutoforums.com/images/smilies/series2/kruemelmonster.gif

Yikes:
https://www.facebook.com/AmazonVideoGames?v=app_153839431317646&rest=1

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Oh yeah, you get 3 big games with PSN+ when the PS4 launches, and then more games the upcoming months.

PSN+ is pretty rewarding.

Not sure if Driveclub is a full version though....probably not

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 AM ----------

HA

PS4 WON
https://twitter.com/yosp/status/344364530333274112

Upgrading my HDD to 1TB when I can.

And if the games are gonna be huge, then 500GB might fill up fast with the Xbox 1 (which so far you can't upgrade). And since PSN+ is gonna offer games, 500GB might full up soon so upgrading should be neat.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

PS4's UI

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e3-2013-ps4s-interface-functionality-shown-in-leaked-video?abthid=51b76d856de579262500001e

---------- Post added at 01:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

Apparently, the PS4 will only support PSMove and not an actual PS3 controller, that's cool.

And at least I can still use my Turtle Beach so it's all good.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

HA! DRM is only for Online....So same model as this generation.
http://www.gamefront.com/sony-third-party-drm-refers-to-playing-used-games-online-only/

I guess it's over now.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 08:01 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/7be501ebbc778fc1308662aa0f6560a0/tumblr_mo96k1kzOw1r6mcwfo1_500.png

Alright, so another piece of good news.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/12/playstation-plus-price-not-changing-video-services-dont-requir/?a_dgi=aolshare_twitter

So no PS+ for video services and Free To Play...because you know, that would be a contraction. Good job, Sony.

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

We’re focusing on new services and online, like the “Share” button I previously mentioned and the ability to play using mobile devices with the cloud feature. Our plan is to continue to invest in the future, but investing like this is not compatible with our previous policy that involved reducing costs by every mean to keep the service free.

I apologize for the financial burden on our users, but on PS4 it’ll also provide[/b] early access to beta versions, [b]free games and discounts like on PS3 and PS Vita. In addition to that PS Plus members will receive for free a special edition with slightly reduced functions of DriveClub (free DriveClub version will feature less cars and tracks that full retail one at launch)

While direct competition in real time won’t be possible [without PS Plus] for instance in the case of DriveClub, asynchronous online gameplay and receiving data from other players will still be free of charge.

SOURCE (http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/12/e3-2013-sonys-shuhei-yoshida-shares-relevant-details-on-playstation-plus-requirement-for-multiplayer-on-ps4/)

---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

From AngryJoe's Facebook
I'm at E3 & for people choosing PS4 over XBox One, I can confirm they will make these for PS4 http://t.co/jIXGEFRZE0 via reddit!

http://i.imgur.com/oSi1MMu.jpg

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 02:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lSfMy7UR8Zg#!

Kaleohano
06-13-2013, 03:04 PM
pre-ordered one less than an hour ago.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-13-2013, 06:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClKFXajB7ks

PS4 dominating.

Zainox
06-14-2013, 11:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClKFXajB7ks

PS4 dominating.

He scares me.. D:

FluffyDango
06-19-2013, 01:13 PM
Sony has won the console war xD

Before E3 I didn't really feel like getting a PS4. But then I saw The Order 1886, and now I want one.
It looked like the characters in the trailer was shooting at Werewolfs. I've never faught against Werewolfs in games. Hopefully the story will be good though.

Don't Starve will be out on it, but I wish they would port it to PS3 too, but they probably won't. But I will be getting a PS4 at some point, so oh well.

I don't mind that I'll have to have PS+ to play multiplayer. I don't play mp that much, and I'll be getting PS+ anyway. Free games XD

Anime Forum
06-19-2013, 01:28 PM
Well, both systems weren't "wow this is amazing!". But.. FINALLY I can confirm I'm getting the less BS system. PS4 for me. Nothing great, but X1 is just so far gone that it can't be saved. Can't believe gaming reached the "nothing great" wins category. When I do get PS4 I'll be avoiding Sly/Ratchet games for sure.

BTW, getting a PS3 next month.

FluffyDango
06-19-2013, 01:38 PM
Well, both systems weren't "wow this is amazing!". But.. FINALLY I can confirm I'm getting the less BS system. PS4 for me. Nothing great, but X1 is just so far gone that it can't be saved. Can't believe gaming reached the "nothing great" wins category. When I do get PS4 I'll be avoiding Sly/Ratchet games for sure.

BTW, getting a PS3 next month.

Lol.
Most will say you should save your cash, but imo you should get one.
Play some good PS3 games, since you can't play them on the PS4.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Sony has won the console war xD

Before E3 I didn't really feel like getting a PS4. But then I saw The Order 1886, and now I want one.
It looked like the characters in the trailer was shooting at Werewolfs. I've never faught against Werewolfs in games. Hopefully the story will be good though.

Don't Starve will be out on it, but I wish they would port it to PS3 too, but they probably won't. But I will be getting a PS4 at some point, so oh well.

I don't mind that I'll have to have PS+ to play multiplayer. I don't play mp that much, and I'll be getting PS+ anyway. Free games XD

*Sony* has won?

Ha.

Ahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1782/npii.jpg

Sony won. Thats cute.

FluffyDango
06-19-2013, 01:52 PM
Sony won. Thats cute.

Ok.
Sony has won the hardcore console war.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 01:55 PM
Ok.
Sony has won the hardcore console war.

Nintendo can be hardcore too

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/7008/a81t.jpg

FluffyDango
06-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Nintendo can be hardcore too

Ok, go through GameSpot's list and post the hardcore titles.
http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?category=&mode=all&page=0&platform=1070&sort=views&sortdir=asc&type=games

The multiplatform fps games and Watch_dogs doesn't count, they'll be best on PS4, not counting PC since it's not a console. No matter what MS says, "Better with Kinect".
And most people will buy the fps games for either PS4 or Xbone.

Why fps doesn't count:
Mass Effect 3 on WiiU:
EA doesn't have faith in the system, thus why the few WiiU ME3 gamers don't get patches, dlcs, balance changes and such.
When I was playing the mp on PS3 I heard that the WiiU players had a hard tme finding people to play with, and that they mostly played with the same people every time.
No one bothered to try playing on Gold or Platinum, becaus no one was there.

Think I read that it's the same with Activision and CoD.
It's probably the same with Battlefield since it's own by EA too.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 04:12 PM
Ok, go through GameSpot's list and post the hardcore titles.
http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?category=&mode=all&page=0&platform=1070&sort=views&sortdir=asc&type=games

The multiplatform fps games and Watch_dogs doesn't count, they'll be best on PS4, not counting PC since it's not a console. No matter what MS says, "Better with Kinect".
And most people will buy the fps games for either PS4 or Xbone.

Why fps doesn't count:
Mass Effect 3 on WiiU:
EA doesn't have faith in the system, thus why the few WiiU ME3 gamers don't get patches, dlcs, balance changes and such.
When I was playing the mp on PS3 I heard that the WiiU players had a hard tme finding people to play with, and that they mostly played with the same people every time.
No one bothered to try playing on Gold or Platinum, becaus no one was there.

Think I read that it's the same with Activision and CoD.
It's probably the same with Battlefield since it's own by EA too.

So because Nintendo doesnt have CoD and all those other dime a dozen shooter games its not hardcore?

[scoffs] ok dude

.:neuko:.
06-19-2013, 04:29 PM
*Sony* has won?

Ha.

Ahahahaha

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/1782/npii.jpg

I feeling sooo smug right now with those stats; think I might join in.

http://1-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/board/a/image/1343/56/1343562321516.jpg

FluffyDango
06-19-2013, 04:50 PM
So because Nintendo doesnt have CoD and all those other dime a dozen shooter games its not hardcore?

[scoffs] ok dude

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 05:00 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg/300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I know you feel silly

http://www.amazon.com/hardcore-games-hard-core-gamer/lm/R3G0K1ENZ0CW9D

obviously there are titles on there even I wouldnt consider hardcore, But with RE4, MoH, MK, GG, SW: FU, Splinter Cell....

yeah, Wii has no 'hardcore' games at all.

Nintendo wins everything

Eris
06-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Nintendo makes toys, for children* and parties. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's a completely different market to XBox and Playstation which focus on entertainment with some more depth to it. It's like comparing an earth mover to a sedan and being all "do you even lift bro?" -- different applications altogether. No sensible person would drive an earth mover to work, no more than anyone would try to dig a hole with a sedan.

Similarly, nobody would bring Skyrim to a party, anymore than someone would spend 10 hours straight playing Super Smash Bros.

* It's not that older people can't enjoy this type of shallow entertainment or anything, but they might prefer something a bit more cerebral. You know, explore insanity for a bit, or face a difficult moral dilemma or two? Also, to bask in the graphic horror and full frontal nudity you're entitled to as an adult.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Nintendo makes toys, for children and parties. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's a completely different market to XBox and Playstation which focus on entertainment with some more depth to it. It's like comparing an earth mover to a sedan and being all "do you even lift bro?" -- different applications altogether. No sensible person would drive an earth mover to work, no more than anyone would try to dig a hole with a sedan.

Similarly, nobody would bring Dragon Age: Origins to a party, anymore than someone would spend 10 hours straight playing Super Smash Bros.

Just because its aimed for younger audiences doesnt make it a "toy". It plays games, games with high replay value, games with HUGE fanbases [mostly adults]. Its a console. Theyve been making consoles for years and have been making games since before either of us were born. Back in the 90s, arcade games were "hardcore". Nintendo updates its formula but keeps to the core of it, knowing theres still a huge fanbase for those of us who grew up going to the arcade to play Donkey Kong for hours, or freaking out when we got an NES and refused to pull away from Mario brothers.

Games with the highest sales? Guess what?? Theyre Nintendo games. In face, they dominate the top 10 games (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/)

PS and Xbox *wishes* it could get the numbers Nintendo does but probably never will. Looks like they do a lot of spanking for being just a "toy"

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Games with the highest sales? Guess what?? Theyre Nintendo games. In face, they dominate the top 10 games (http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/)

You do know that half of those games are aimed to casuals, right?

Not that is a bad thing since the Wii sold the most units and it's games as well, but it's aimed for a bigger audience (casuals), not to mention it also has the people in-between. It's the reason why Sony and MS created these accessories, they know casuals is where the money is at.

Eris
06-19-2013, 06:36 PM
Just because its aimed for younger audiences doesnt make it a "toy". It plays games, games with high replay value, games with HUGE fanbases [mostly adults]. Its a console. Theyve been making consoles for years and have been making games since before either of us were born. Back in the 90s, arcade games were "hardcore". Nintendo updates its formula but keeps to the core of it, knowing theres still a huge fanbase for those of us who grew up going to the arcade to play Donkey Kong for hours, or freaking out when we got an NES and refused to pull away from Mario brothers.

PS and Xbox *wishes* it could get the numbers Nintendo does but probably never will. Looks like they do a lot of spanking for being just a "toy"

But they *make* toys. And there's nothing wrong with making a toy. Toys have a huge market. Look at frickin' Lego. They have erected entire amusement parks themed around their toys. In fact, I'll argue the fact that Nintendo embraces it's role as a toy-maker is what makes the company so successful. They stick to what they're good at.

Microsoft and Sony's attempt at competing with Nintendo in the casual genre on the other hand is dumb. They should also stick to what they're good at (which isn't the casual market).

And comparing sales is utterly pointless. You might as well compare the sales of movie genres and argue that comedies are *much* better than horror films. They are different markets.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 06:45 PM
The fact of the matter is Nintendo is not a casual console. Do we in American and PAL regions only get casual games? Most of the time, we do. It sucks but thats how it is. Nintendo of Japan has a huge collection of "hardcore" games that we'll never play without buying a Japanese console or hacking our own. We have a lot of game restrictions in America that tons of Nintendo games break, while the bulk of PS and Xbox games are created here or in PAL areas, thus adhering to the necessary standards.

Honestly, I dont see games like CoD or Metal Gear to be "hardcore". I sit back, I shoot. Big deal.

And yes, you can compare genres, even with games. Many will claim FPS is better than RPGS, or vice versa. Saying you cant is ridiculous, because people do it every day. Hell, you yourself Eris are [basically] saying PS and Xobx are somehow 'better' because theyre 'hardcore' and Nintendo is casual, therefore is inferior. Its the same thing as saying comedies are better than horrors, the example you used.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 06:54 PM
The fact of the matter is Nintendo is not a casual console. Do we in American and PAL regions only get casual games? Most of the time, we do. It sucks but thats how it is. Nintendo of Japan has a huge collection of "hardcore" games that we'll never play without buying a Japanese console or hacking our own. We have a lot of game restrictions in America that tons of Nintendo games break, while the bulk of PS and Xbox games are created here or in PAL areas, thus adhering to the necessary standards.

Honestly, I dont see games like CoD or Metal Gear to be "hardcore". I sit back, I shoot. Big deal.

And yes, you can compare genres, even with games. Many will claim FPS is better than RPGS, or vice versa. Saying you cant is ridiculous, because people do it every day. Hell, you yourself Eris are [basically] saying PS and Xobx are somehow 'better' because theyre 'hardcore' and Nintendo is casual, therefore is inferior. Its the same thing as saying comedies are better than horrors, the example you used.

That's not a generic shooter. MG is a stealth game. Also, it's silly you put a game series from 1987 (that originated from Nintendo btw) with COD, a current gen series. Bad Maru.

Also, the Nintendo Wii is a casual console, it was mostly aimed to get the casual audience. Sure, it has it's core-games that gained Nintendo fans but the Nintendo Wii is still mostly casual in mind.

However, the WiiU is not really casual...it just won't have any games until 2014. That's another topic.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 07:04 PM
That's not a generic shooter. MG is a stealth game. Also, it's silly you put a game series from 1987 (that originated from Nintendo btw) with COD, a current gen series. Bad Maru.

Also, the Nintendo Wii is a casual console, it was mostly aimed to get the casual audience. Sure, it has it's core-games that gained Nintendo fans but the Nintendo Wii is still mostly casual in mind.

However, the WiiU is not really casual...it just won't have any games until 2014. That's another topic.
The earlier MGs were, yeah....MGS4? That was more of an interactive movie. Metal Gear Rising? Hack and slash.
One of the PS3s biggest games was Heavy Rain....an interactive story. Sit back and do quick time events! So hardcore~

Personally, I consider 'hardcore' games to be ones that I have to think. No, Mario doesnt really make me think, but the Fatal Frames that came out [again, sadly, just for Japan....doesnt mean I didnt get emulators] made me think. Professor Layton makes me REALLY think. Portal makes me think [not a Nintendo game, but you get the idea]

Now, before anyone goes tossing out 'lol, you need skillz' any game I have in my library...*any* game, has been played an beaten by my younger cousins. Who are eight. Which, isnt that the bulk of the people on live of CoD? Or do I just get shafted when I do decide I want to play CoD?

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 07:16 PM
The earlier MGs were, yeah....MGS4? That was more of an interactive movie. Metal Gear Rising? Hack and slash.
One of the PS3s biggest games was Heavy Rain....an interactive story. Sit back and do quick time events! So hardcore~

Personally, I consider 'hardcore' games to be ones that I have to think. No, Mario doesnt really make me think, but the Fatal Frames that came out [again, sadly, just for Japan....doesnt mean I didnt get emulators] made me think. Professor Layton makes me REALLY think. Portal makes me think [not a Nintendo game, but you get the idea]

Now, before anyone goes tossing out 'lol, you need skillz' any game I have in my library...*any* game, has been played an beaten by my younger cousins. Who are eight. Which, isnt that the bulk of the people on live of CoD? Or do I just get shafted when I do decide I want to play CoD?

MGS4 wasn't an interactive movie...lol it had a lot of gameplay, it just had lot of cutscenes. MGR is a hack and slash, but it's not a generic one tbh. It's a good game but not the best MG obviously.
I don't thin anyone called Heavy Rain hardcore tbh.

In case you didn't notice, I'm calling the Wii casual cause of the Wii Move, motion blah blah casual, not the other games.

COD is casual, imo not hardcore because it's aimed for the casual audience. It's something so simple and became an acceptable thing.

BTW, the amount of skill is a factor for hardcore, and Nintendo has those too. Casuals wound't play games like the Fatal Frame games on the Wii.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 07:20 PM
MGS4 wasn't an interactive movie...lol it had a lot of gameplay, it just had lot of cutscenes. MGR is a hack and slash, but it's not a generic one tbh. It's a good game but not the best MG obviously.
I don't thin anyone called Heavy Rain hardcore tbh.

In case you didn't notice, I'm calling the Wii casual cause of the Wii Move, motion blah blah casual, not the other games.

COD is casual, imo not hardcore because it's aimed for the casual audience. It's something so simple and became an acceptable thing.

BTW, the amount of skill is a factor for hardcore, and Nintendo has those too. Casuals wound't play games like the Fatal Frame games on the Wii.

Especially not now because NoA wont give them to us ;____;

And ok, I see your points. Though MGS4 was bulk cutscenes. I cant barely remember the game play aside from the boss battles....those were fun.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 07:23 PM
Especially not now because NoA wont give them to us ;____;

And ok, I see your points. Though MGS4 was bulk cutscenes. I cant barely remember the game play aside from the boss battles....those were fun.

Okay, got it.

Hardcore is what you invest hours on and casual is the lolz okay, simple, easy to get into stuff. (Kinda like how FE:A made two modes, a classic and a "casual" mode.

But I think still is kind of subjective. It's just that Xbox/PS3/PC Gamers like to be anal about it and at the same time Nintendo fans are on denial about some of their games not being casual.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 07:32 PM
Okay, got it.

Hardcore is what you invest hours on and casual is the lolz okay, simple, easy to get into stuff. (Kinda like how FE:A made two modes, a classic and a "casual" mode.

But I think still is kind of subjective. It's just that Xbox/PS3/PC Gamers like to be anal about it and at the same time Nintendo fans are on denial about some of their games not being casual.

Yes, very well said =D

Though I'll be the first to admit that most of the Nintendo games NoA actually gives us is casual, which I constantly shake an angry fist at
But it doesnt mean its completely casual. We just get the really short end of the stick

edit
[le cough] totally looking forward to the Fire Emblem/Shin Megami Tensi crossover [/le cough]

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Yes, very well said =D

Though I'll be the first to admit that most of the Nintendo games NoA actually gives us is casual, which I constantly shake an angry fist at
But it doesnt mean its completely casual. We just get the really short end of the stick

edit
[le cough] totally looking forward to the Fire Emblem/Shin Megami Tensi crossover [/le cough]

That's why I don't really discuss hardcore and casual much, sure some games are obvious casual but games like Uncharted are becoming casual infested so it's not an easy argument.

But I still stick to the fact that hardcore and casual depends on how much time you invest.

Most deff. Wonder how that will play out.

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 07:44 PM
That's why I don't really discuss hardcore and casual much, sure some games are obvious casual but games like Uncharted are becoming casual infested so it's not an easy argument.

But I still stick to the fact that hardcore and casual depends on how much time you invest.

Most deff. Wonder how that will play out.

Well, Wii U so far has been promising more hardcore games. Its a wait and see sort of thing.

PS4 related- Looks like the release date may have been leaked

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L24G6YCsxU4

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-19-2013, 07:50 PM
The user interface is decent.

And well, November 21st seems about right tbh.

kirito272
06-19-2013, 09:46 PM
it sounds freaking awesome but i don't think i'd buy when its out

Ωmega
06-19-2013, 09:46 PM
SO, Xbox does a one...eighty [HARHAR] and PS3 releases an update that bricks a bunch of systems.

This will be VERY interesting to watch play out

GameGeeks
06-20-2013, 12:26 AM
SO, Xbox does a one...eighty [HARHAR] and PS3 releases an update that bricks a bunch of systems.

This will be VERY interesting to watch play out
Well, to be fair, one still has a stigma of a bad intentional choice and the other is just a mistake and not intentional. Admittedly a very big mistake.

Ωmega
06-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Well, to be fair, one still has a stigma of a bad intentional choice and the other is just a mistake and not intentional. Admittedly a very big mistake.
Lets not forget the huge PSN hack that happened a while back

GameGeeks
06-20-2013, 01:29 AM
Lets not forget the huge PSN hack that happened a while back
Going to guess you're referring to the lack of security on personal information and not the cracking of the firmware. Though that last one was a response to removing the optional OS. Eh, they both have there licks and you have to deal with them as they come. Right now it's making sure what Microsoft did isn't going to fly.

Ranshiin
06-20-2013, 07:30 AM
November 21st? That's a Thursday. EVERYTHING IN ENGLAND LAUNCHES ON FRIDAYS, WTF.

... I say November 22nd. So, you Americans will probably get it the 19th. because you always get everything three days before the UK does. <__>

well ... maybe with this region-locking being removed, games'll probably start to show up here on Tuesdays. At least downloadable, not sure if video game stores will be willing to start selling stuff on weird days. I never understood why it's always Friday here, and always Tuesday in America. What do?

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-20-2013, 08:27 AM
November 21st? That's a Thursday. EVERYTHING IN ENGLAND LAUNCHES ON FRIDAYS, WTF.

... I say November 22nd. So, you Americans will probably get it the 19th. because you always get everything three days before the UK does. <__>

well ... maybe with this region-locking being removed, games'll probably start to show up here on Tuesdays. At least downloadable, not sure if video game stores will be willing to start selling stuff on weird days. I never understood why it's always Friday here, and always Tuesday in America. What do?

Thursday for Japan, lol.

Ranshiin
06-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Thursday for Japan, lol.
:|

Maybe this is the Year of Synchronised Game Launch Dates... it's long overdue.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-20-2013, 12:20 PM
:|

Maybe this is the Year of Synchronised Game Launch Dates... it's long overdue.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/415625/ps4-release-date-november-13-2013-european-retailers/

Ayu 「あゆ」
06-20-2013, 03:28 PM
The Wii console is no more casual than Xbox and Playstation. In fact, it could be argued that Nintendo has more core games on their platform than their competition. The Wii has some of the best core games to date.

rf switch
06-20-2013, 04:43 PM
The Wii console is no more casual than Xbox and Playstation. In fact, it could be argued that Nintendo has more core games on their platform than their competition. The Wii has some of the best core games to date.
The main stream gaming media doesn't consider a lot of that stuff to be "core" so the wannabe core gamers who are more mainstream gamers than anything else wont see it that way. If it's not a FPS, WRPG, or a Sports Sim then it's not "core".

Anime Forum
06-20-2013, 04:59 PM
For PS4 Supporters: http://i.imgur.com/09bCqJD.png

rf switch
06-20-2013, 06:47 PM
Can I get a Sharp X68k supporter sig?
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNbrcrOQV5s0LVsM6eTg6WGjhI-fShtoV2iqHr9DfaeDswQo8bpg

Anime Forum
06-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Can I get a Sharp X68k supporter sig?
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTNbrcrOQV5s0LVsM6eTg6WGjhI-fShtoV2iqHr9DfaeDswQo8bpg

Not sure xD. Uhh, I can get you PS3, PS4, 360, X1, WII U, PC ones.

rf switch
06-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Not sure xD. Uhh, I can get you PS3, PS4, 360, X1, WII U, PC ones.
Why not a X68000 one? it's like the 80's version of the PS4.

It's Japanese too and had one of the best home versions of Final Fight on it.

Anime Forum
06-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Why not a X68000 one? it's like the 80's version of the PS4.

It's Japanese too and had one of the best home versions of Final Fight on it.

Ask the guy making them. Lol, but probably because it was made over 23 years ago and isn't really a topic in recent video game console discussions.

rf switch
06-20-2013, 08:54 PM
Ask the guy making them. Lol, but probably because it was made over 23 years ago and isn't really a topic in recent video game console discussions.
Why not? Nothings stopping me from hooking one up or go the emulation route to play Final Fight in a way that doesn't require me to be online even though it's single player.. (Thanks Capcom and your PSN version of Double Impact.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Oh and you're the one who posted it.. I thought maybe you made it.

Anime Forum
06-20-2013, 09:00 PM
Why not? Nothings stopping me from hooking one up or go the emulation route to play Final Fight in a way that doesn't require me to be online even though it's single player.. (Thanks Capcom and your PSN version of Double Impact.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Oh and you're the one who posted it.. I thought maybe you made it.

Nah! Someone not apart of AF is! He made quite a few PS4 ones, lol.
Want me to request you one for the 80s system?

If anyone wants a specific PS4 one just let me know.

rf switch
06-20-2013, 09:01 PM
Nah! Someone not apart of AF is! He made quite a few PS4 ones, lol.
Want me to request you one for the 80s system?

If anyone wants a specific PS4 one just let me know.
Nah... It's cool... Despite my half-assed sig here I can actually do something like that in Photoshop myself if I really wanted it.

FluffyDango
06-26-2013, 12:28 PM
I know you feel silly

The facepalm was at you for misunderstanding that simple post.

I'm not gonna bother trying to get you to understand what I mean, I don't want to waste my time and energy on such.
Life is too short for that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
Pimp my Ride game, hardcore?
Ahahahaha sure :P

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-26-2013, 03:28 PM
The facepalm was at you for misunderstanding that simple post.

I'm not gonna bother trying to get you to understand what I mean, I don't want to waste my time and energy on such.
Life is too short for that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Edit:
Pimp my Ride game, hardcore?
Ahahahaha sure :P

Shots fire.

Nice catch.

Ayu 「あゆ」
06-26-2013, 03:32 PM
I want a Tri-Ace game on this console. I haven't seen a game from them in ages. I want Infinite Undiscovery 2 really bad.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-26-2013, 04:32 PM
I want a Tri-Ace game on this console. I haven't seen a game from them in ages. I want Infinite Undiscovery 2 really bad.

2012 is not ages.

Ayu 「あゆ」
06-26-2013, 04:47 PM
2012 is not ages.

I mean for consoles lol.

AmandaNerdBot
07-05-2013, 12:52 PM
I got my PS3 for Christmas of 2011. I've been playing it for about 1 year and 7 months, so I haven't gotten the most out of it yet. Plus, I don't have enough money for PS4. I am sticking to my PS3 for at least the next year or two.

Besides, I'm mostly into PC gaming. Not console gaming.

KillKaylaDead
07-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I am sticking to my PS3 for at least the next year or two.

They wont have much for the PS4 when it first launches anyway. I wont be in any rush to pick it up.

I will be getting both consoles though, PS4 and Xbox One. Naturally, I'll be getting the PS4 first.

AmandaNerdBot
07-05-2013, 06:47 PM
They wont have much for the PS4 when it first launches anyway. I wont be in any rush to pick it up.

I will be getting both consoles though, PS4 and Xbox One. Naturally, I'll be getting the PS4 first.
You have a lot of money. I don't. :closedeye:closedeye:oy:

KillKaylaDead
07-05-2013, 07:26 PM
You have a lot of money. I don't. :closedeye:closedeye:oy:

A lot of money? I wish! I'm just extremely addicted to my hobbies and I'm bad with money. Not a good combination, but I'm happy! So no complaining on my end :redface:

Ayu 「あゆ」
07-05-2013, 10:16 PM
I mostly PC game just for the indie games. I think Time and Eternity and Final Fantasy X HD will be my last purchases for my PS3.

AmandaNerdBot
07-06-2013, 12:39 AM
A lot of money? I wish! I'm just extremely addicted to my hobbies and I'm bad with money. Not a good combination, but I'm happy! So no complaining on my end :redface:

An employee at Best Buy told me this: his compulsive game purchases racketed massive debt. I hope that isn't you.

KillKaylaDead
07-06-2013, 08:54 AM
An employee at Best Buy told me this: his compulsive game purchases racketed massive debt. I hope that isn't you.

Surprisingly I'm a little better at managing my money! No debt for me, but I don't really have extra spending cash. Clothes? Who needs them when you could be battling monsters? Food? Who has time to eat when the world needs to be saved?! :laugh:

Kaleohano
07-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Surprisingly I'm a little better at managing my money! No debt for me, but I don't really have extra spending cash. Clothes? Who needs them when you could be battling monsters? Food? Who has time to eat when the world needs to be saved?! :laugh:

i like games and all, but i like going out to eat fancy food too much to let the gaming interfere with it lol. Besides that theres the most important thing, the gas money when i tear the town up saturday nights with the car club. 6+hour weekly cruises dont come cheap. And almost just as important, but not quite, drinking. Mans gotta have his priorities. That being said, my PS4 is already reserved lol
http://i.imgur.com/qpQSR.jpg

KillKaylaDead
07-06-2013, 11:40 AM
i like games and all, but i like going out to eat fancy food too much to let the gaming interfere with it lol. Besides that theres the most important thing, the gas money when i tear the town up saturday nights with the car club. 6+hour weekly cruises dont come cheap. And almost just as important, but not quite, drinking. Mans gotta have his priorities. That being said, my PS4 is already reserved lol
http://i.imgur.com/qpQSR.jpg

You could always skip a fancy meal and donate to the less fortunate that are struggling to overcome their gaming addiction! You're also getting a PS4? Interesting... if ever we cross gaming paths, I'll remember to take it easy on you. Haha.

Kaleohano
07-06-2013, 12:43 PM
You could always skip a fancy meal and donate to the less fortunate that are struggling to overcome their gaming addiction! You're also getting a PS4? Interesting... if ever we cross gaming paths, I'll remember to take it easy on you. Haha.

Sorry, but I'm not that generous. As far as taking it easy on me, don't. Just cuz I dont spend my life playing, font mean I remotely lack in skills. Add me on psn if you play battlefield 3.
Hellhound_06

KillKaylaDead
07-06-2013, 04:07 PM
Sorry, but I'm not that generous. As far as taking it easy on me, don't. Just cuz I dont spend my life playing, font mean I remotely lack in skills. Add me on psn if you play battlefield 3.
Hellhound_06

Sorry to disappoint, but I only own a 360 at the moment. In the future, we'll battle on PS4.

Kaleohano
07-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but I only own a 360 at the moment. In the future, we'll battle on PS4.

there will be no "battle." Just quick, efficient, and merciless deaths of you. I don't go fighting, because that implies the possibility of failure. I go killing.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1ravj4TMf1r8lc9y.gif

Now grovel before me!

KillKaylaDead
07-06-2013, 06:38 PM
there will be no "battle." Just quick, efficient, and merciless deaths of you. I don't go fighting, because that implies the possibility of failure. I go killing.

Now grovel before me!

You know, if we put our awesome skills together... it's possible that we might take over the gaming WORLD! We'll be an unstoppable force that slaughters any and all that steps into our path of destruction!!... but I'd much rather take all credit myself, without the help of a sidekick. Sorry, I'll have to end you.

Now, I demand you to BEG for your life. :thanks:

FluffyDango
07-12-2013, 05:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhfLBTPcG6U

140 games currently in development for it, that's nice.
The point about the hdd being replaceable isn't really a surprise.
It's awesome that it comes with an hdmi camble XD

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-12-2013, 06:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhfLBTPcG6U

140 games currently in development for it, that's nice.
The point about the hdd being replaceable isn't really a surprise.
It's awesome that it comes with an hdmi camble XD

1) What's a camble?
2) Usually HDMi cables are 5 dollars nowadays.
3) It only has an HDMI port...so isn't it obvious? Imagine giving you a cordless PS4 and you can't play crap. lmao

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

I still wonder if Gaikai will have the games we already purchased before.

FluffyDango
07-13-2013, 05:02 AM
1) What's a camble?
2) Usually HDMi cables are 5 dollars nowadays.
3) It only has an HDMI port...so isn't it obvious? Imagine giving you a cordless PS4 and you can't play crap. lmao

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

I still wonder if Gaikai will have the games we already purchased before.

1. A typo :P
2. Still nice that it's included.
3. Didn't know that.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-13-2013, 11:08 AM
1. A typo :P
2. Still nice that it's included.
3. Didn't know that.

1) No excuses. :p
2 & 3) Imagine the PS4 coming without a controller? Lol.

Gonzzi
07-24-2013, 09:36 PM
Kingdom Hearts 3 anyone?

I've heard rumors it was going to be for XboxOne

I highly doubt it though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npjBHFb0fZM

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Kingdom Hearts 3 anyone?

Everything is old and confirmed news.

No rumor.

RavenQueen
08-14-2013, 08:07 PM
I want a Ps4 but It may be while till I get the money to have one so I may have to wait a year or two.

Ranshiin
08-21-2013, 05:24 AM
http://uk.games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/playstation-4-launches-november-15-vita-gets-price-190211719.html

Why is there such a huge gap between launch dates ._.

Zainox
09-01-2013, 05:42 AM
Minecraft to be available on PS3, PS4 and Vita. I remember alot of people online saying they were getting Xbone due to Minecraft, well now the PS is getting it too.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/874-minecraft-coming-for-ps3-ps4-vita/

Personally I play and prefer it on PC. :P

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Minecraft to be available on PS3, PS4 and Vita. I remember alot of people online saying they were getting Xbone due to Minecraft, well now the PS is getting it too.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/874-minecraft-coming-for-ps3-ps4-vita/

Personally I play and prefer it on PC. :P

Some games are meant for PC, like Sims and that.

Disconnected Outsider
09-05-2013, 10:26 PM
I read about this, and from what I was able to gather, it won't have any backwards compatibility whatsoever. So, that's a letdown for me.

Ranshiin
09-06-2013, 06:11 AM
I read about this, and from what I was able to gather, it won't have any backwards compatibility whatsoever. So, that's a letdown for me.
Minecraft? or PS4?

Anyways, something interesting I caught on a website today. This is just opinion of course but it's still interesting;

PR spin
I agree with Alpha Dog in some ways, in the differences between Sony Microsoft in the run up to the next generation, the main one being PR. We all know that Microsoft has made a mess of things since announcing the Xbox One and anything they say now even when it is slightly positive is berated by people on the Internet.
However, the irony is there have been some gaffs by Sony over the last few weeks which have had no backlash. Firstly there was the Grand Theft Auto V leak, this although perpetrated by hackers shows that the security problems still exist at Sony albeit it on their hardware this time and not centrally did they not learn from the PlayStation Network hack?
Secondly, Jim Ryan made comments about adding a game in the bundle at launch as being odd, and then a week later Sony in Europe announce a bundle for PlayStation 4 with Killzone and the PlayStation Camera, I know this is not available in the UK (yet) but is a U-turn in itself. The final item is the failed availability of Gaikai any time soon in Europe.
People seem to have bought that it is down to a low broadband speed and working with ISPs, this is just plain hyperbole. OnLive has been running in the UK for a few years and it requires only a 2Mbps connection (although 5 is recommended), and this service is doing pretty much what Gaikai will do on the PlayStation 4 by streaming games to your console. The majority of people certainly in the UK will have at least 2Mbps, so its spin from Sony for something they do not yet want to invest in for Europe.
You have to admit though that Sony’s PR department has done one hell of a job in convincing people they are the saints of console gaming.
We must all remember however that none of these companies are our friends, they are there to extract as much money as possible from us, they are a business it’s what they are born to do.
When reading statements from any company people need to look behind the facts before making any judgement on the real details they are trying to convey. I really wish we could see more balanced and informative views from people in general on the topic of the next gen, as supporting the hype will only detriment us as consumers in the longer run.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/05/games-inbox-gta-v-dreams-killzone-hate-and-rayman-legends-scam-3952124/

Disconnected Outsider
09-07-2013, 09:13 AM
Minecraft? or PS4?
I meant the PS4. I would've sold my PS3 if the PS4 was backwards-compatible.

Anime Forum
11-14-2013, 02:18 AM
The PS4 release is going over quite well. We in agreement?

Zainox
11-14-2013, 02:27 AM
We don't get till later here.

Ranshiin
11-15-2013, 02:13 AM
We don't get till later here.
PS4 launches 29th here. -shrug.-

Zainox
11-15-2013, 02:18 AM
PS4 launches 29th here. -shrug.-

Don't remember the exact date, though I'm pretty sure it is this too.

KyouFalls
11-15-2013, 04:05 AM
People are already asking why I don't have a PS4 yet... I'M REALLY BROKE. :)

Zainox
11-15-2013, 05:48 AM
I didn't pre-order anyway and we are sold out through to next year here.

rf switch
11-19-2013, 03:44 AM
I got one. It's nice, If you've been able to play PC games on high settings for the last 2 or 3 years then it won't look that impressive..... Now back to PS3 and PC since the PS4 launch line up is a typically console launch line up.

mr.kudos
11-19-2013, 05:34 AM
Kingdom Hearts 3 anyone?

I'm actually waiting for Kingdom Hearts III before buying a PS4...even though it's out also for Xbox One still getting PS4

AnnoyingKuriboh
12-23-2013, 05:23 PM
Got mine on launch, but find myself still playing my PS3 more. Some of the launch games have been good though, put a lot of time into Warframe, and Killzone: Shadow Fall is REALLY impressive graphically, especially for a launch title. Really didn't like Knack at all, though.

Light Buster
09-06-2014, 11:42 AM
Not that many good/interesting games for the PS4 at the moment. On top of that, I hearing problems with the PS4 "auto-ejecting" discs from the system. Also, the network is untrusting.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-06-2014, 08:13 PM
Not that many good/interesting games for the PS4 at the moment. On top of that, I hearing problems with the PS4 "auto-ejecting" discs from the system. Also, the network is untrusting.

With Sunset Overdrive and Halo MCC then yeah, pretty much why I'm getting mine come November.

>Network is "untrusting".
<Implying Xbox Live is a divine unhackable network sent from the gods.

Zainox
09-06-2014, 09:07 PM

Never had an auto-ejecting problem and I've had mine since January.

I agree that there aren't too many interesting games out at the moment. But I've kept myself preoccupied with they games they have released even if most of these are cross-console. All the good games, at least the ones I'm interested in, it seems all release next year some time for the PS4.

Light Buster
09-07-2014, 12:05 AM
>Network is "untrusting".
<Implying Xbox Live is a divine unhackable network sent from the gods.

Microsoft do have years of networking experience while Sony has some, but pales in comparison to Microsoft. I haven't had a problem with Microsoft's servers.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-14-2016, 02:26 AM
^ Not to beat a dead horse but it's kind of funny how we had this convo and turns out Xbox Live had a lot more downs that PSN this year.
__

Sony easily won E3.

-Spider-Man (screenshots (http://gematsu.com/2016/06/sony-insomniac-games-announce-spider-man-ps4))
-Detroit Become Human
-Horizon Zero Dawn
-Crash Bandicoot Remastered (http://gematsu.com/2016/06/crash-bandicoot-1-2-3-fully-remastered-ps4) (Includes Skylanders which no one gives two craps about)
-God of War (screenshots (http://gematsu.com/2016/06/god-war-announced-ps4))
-The Last Guardian (coming out October 25th (http://gematsu.com/2016/06/last-guardian-launches-october-25)) (Collector's Edition (https://t.co/nnZ5zYw8oU))

Too bad nothing was shown on the PS4 NEO though.

Here's the article on PlayStation VR:
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/playstation-vr-launches-october-13

Resident Evil 7 demo is out on PS4 if you live in the UK, Australia or Japan and have a PlayStation Plus subscription.
http://gematsu.com/2016/06/resident-evil-7-announced-ps4-xbox-one-pc-ps4-demo-out-now

I was sad this wasn't given coverage at E3 but hopefully we get the game soon. Hopefully we get more gameplay shown during TGS.
https://youtu.be/OAXNQveHsG0

Not posting everything, too much work (I'm lazy) and this isn't my section. http://i.imgur.com/DBc5g8E.png

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-15-2016, 05:54 PM
FF12 HD Gameplay
https://youtu.be/rsIyNMenBB4

Ranshiin
06-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Never had an auto-ejecting problem and I've had mine since January.
I have them constantly. I eventually discovered that turning the console on its right side and removing the rubber foot under the eject button fixed it. >.>

And to pry on the topic, imo Microsoft's servers/network > Sony's servers/network. Sure, maybe Xbox Live was down more last year but that was a deliberate series of attacks; I'm always having problems with Sony's servers and PSN in general.

Too bad nothing was shown on the PS4 NEO though.

Sony had confirmed they weren't going to be showing the Neo at E3, though they had confirmed its existence. Can't remember where I read it but yeah. We'll see it next year, most likely, alongside the Scorpio.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-15-2016, 10:21 PM
Sony had confirmed they weren't going to be showing the Neo at E3, though they had confirmed its existence. Can't remember where I read it but yeah. We'll see it next year, most likely, alongside the Scorpio.

I know but just saying it would have been good to hear about it on E3. There's always Gamescom or TGS I guess. Worse scenario next year like you said.

KingSogeking
06-23-2016, 05:04 AM
Bought Overwatch on PS4 and enjoying it a lot But I may trade it in soon for the PC version because I read here (http://edumuch.com/gaming/overwatch-review-first-person-shooter/) is cheaper and lots of people are saying its better.

daft
06-24-2016, 02:08 AM
don't have a ps4, but will probably get one in the future for cyberpunk 2077

SentaiSenpai
08-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Bought my PS4 about a year back, a little late to grab it, but still adore it, it's easily my favorite console right now, I was never really that into Xbox, the original was good, 360 had some gems but I mostly bought it to play with my friends, by the time the Xbone came out I was done, and despreately wanted to get back to Playstation. So even though it's had some minor technical issues, itis still been awesome. I'm really hoping that they milk its lifespan as hard as they can and really give it the support it deserves.

kaufen
09-29-2016, 05:05 AM