PDA

View Full Version : What anime would i like?

x3demonomega
01-17-2013, 04:59 PM
I recently watched K-On! and loved it. It had quite a happy overtone but kept true to the overall message it was trying to give. It had sad moments, which kept the balance of all the cutsie happy stuff. It also had great music and an ending that had me welling up inside. (snif)

I'm also watching 'Angel Beats' right now, because it was referred to me by a friend.

What would i like?

Edit: Also I'm new to the forum. If there's a place other than this i SHOULD be posting it on, tell me please.

Xeyuzio
01-17-2013, 05:06 PM
Well, if you don't like Claymore (I suggest reading the manga because it actually tells you the real story) there's something wrong with you, Soul Eater was pretty good too I guess, I don't really know, I've only seen like 5 animes and that was like 2 years ago.

x3demonomega
01-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Cool, any help is good. I'm new too the whole anime thing.

nrL
01-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Don't listen to the guy above, he just told you his favorite anime.

Obviously, if you liked K-On you should also watch K-on!!(second season). If you have seen them both then I advise you azumanga daioh, nichijou and Yuru Yuri all of which are great slice of life series-although more focused on comedy.
If you like Angel Beats don't forget Haruhi, which has very similar characters.

And yes, you are in wrong section. Instead, you should have posted this thread here (http://www.animeforum.com/forumdisplay.php?59-General-Anime-amp-Manga)

DenjaX
01-17-2013, 06:18 PM
^Yep what above poster suggested.

I can add Lucky star, Danshi koukousei no nichijou, Baka to test to shoukanjuu for your choices.

Syaoran
01-17-2013, 06:35 PM
You might like Clannad and Kanon.

Tarkenfire
01-17-2013, 07:04 PM
^Yep what above poster suggested.

I can add Lucky star, Danshi koukousei no nichijou, Baka to test to shoukanjuu for your choices.

I'd add to this that for some of these series, moderation is key. Most notably in my mind is Baka and Test, mentioned in this post; ya can't really binge on it too much else the joke archtypes start to get old.

Then again, there's enough series that have been suggested here where you can moderate yourself pretty well.

DenjaX
01-17-2013, 07:07 PM
I'd add to this that for some of these series, moderation is key. Most notably in my mind is Baka and Test, mentioned in this post; ya can't really binge on it too much else the joke archtypes start to get old.

Then again, there's enough series that have been suggested here where you can moderate yourself pretty well.

Off topic a bit:

Are you perhaps one of those viewers who become jaded after watching ample amount of series?

Tarkenfire
01-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Off topic a bit:

Are you perhaps one of those viewers who become jaded after watching ample amount of series?

Honestly, it only happens with series that have a strong "comedic" focus. Slice of life moreso than others.

DenjaX
01-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Honestly, it only happens with series that have a strong "comedic" focus. Slice of life moreso than others.

Oh! I know that feel. Yeah, I should have suggested some variety of genres.

But I'll just wait until OP wants others.

nrL
01-17-2013, 08:56 PM
You're mad! Both of you!
Why would you want to pace? I tried this "pacing" in the past and failed miserably.
Pacing is the first step to losing interest, if you want to watch something then watch it, no reason to add a strategy to it.
What if you die tomorrow? If you put something for later instead of watching it NAO, you'll never know what happened next!

-Sasuke Uchiha-
01-18-2013, 03:13 AM
Don't listen to the guy above, he just told you his favorite anime. Now I know :mellow:

Syndicate
01-19-2013, 06:38 AM
Air gear :)

Baka and test is also amazing.
Demon king daimon, highschool dxd, highschool of the dead, dance in the vampire bund, Sword art online, theres alot I can go on for days....

HomestuckOtaku
01-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Have you seen "Lucky Star"? It's kind of like K-on in my opinion.

x3demonomega
01-27-2013, 04:48 AM
Don't listen to the guy above, he just told you his favorite anime.

Obviously, if you liked K-On you should also watch K-on!!(second season). If you have seen them both then I advise you azumanga daioh, nichijou and Yuru Yuri all of which are great slice of life series-although more focused on comedy.
If you like Angel Beats don't forget Haruhi, which has very similar characters.

And yes, you are in wrong section. Instead, you should have posted this thread here (http://www.animeforum.com/forumdisplay.php?59-General-Anime-amp-Manga)

Okay! That pretty much answered every question! Thank you. I just finished Haruhi, and yes, yukki... the bookworm (I'm sorry it's so hard for an English guy to remember Japanese names.) She reminded me a lot of Kanade!

Also i'll check out them other slice of life series'. Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 05:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 AM ----------

Just watched Clannad, checkin' out Kanon.

Thefringedninja
01-27-2013, 09:57 AM
"Kimi Ni Todoke" and "My Little Monster" are very cute shojos that you might like.
I also just want to plug my favourite anime...Ouran High School Host Club. It is divine. I have both male and female friends who love it :)