PDA

View Full Version : [Other] Friendship is Magic is probably going to suck from now on

DOOM!
12-30-2012, 05:00 PM
You may choose to disbelieve this source, and I'm not going to spoiler tag it because you can pretty much figure out how this season finale is going to end by just watching the first episode. Corporate greed is once again destroying the pretty things.
I believe what is stated here because I had the same suspicions since before season 3, where "crystal ponies" (which are no mythological creature that I've ever heard of) were announced to appear for no reason in the show, but their toyline was already in stock for sale.
http://24.media.tumblr.com/07fcc825f474fb17bf2d6be37ead5fe7/tumblr_mewn33fbjf1rdfpvto1_500.png
Yeah, I know some of you bronies are gonna go "I, for one, welcome our new alicorn master" but remember that Season 4 will most likely be one random, pointless episode after another, just because somebody wants to sell moar merchandise.

For those of you unfamiliar with what's going on, let me put it in a nutshell. There was once a company who made crappy toys and lame cartoons to advertise them (Like Transformers and My Little Pony G1-3). In 2010, they made the mistake of hiring actually talented people for another shot at this failed MLP show. They made cartoons that would actually educate your kids instead of brainwashing them. Meanwhile, Hasbro tried to make toys that didn't even resemble the characters in the show, like an imitation of Princess Celestia (an ancient God in the show) that says wise things like "My wings are pretty" when you push it's bottom. They either couldn't make better toys or didn't want to, but now they want to lower the level of the show to that of their toys.

Xeyuzio
12-30-2012, 05:21 PM
Wait, wait, wait, you're telling me it didn't suck before?

Jozette
12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
tl;dr.

DOOM!
12-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Wait, wait, wait, you're telling me it didn't suck before?

I did say it sucked before, in that small text dedicated to users who haven't watched the show, you should pobly read it btw.

Xeyuzio
12-30-2012, 05:42 PM
I did say it sucked before, in that small text dedicated to users who haven't watched the show, you should pobly read it btw.

But I have watched the show so it's not really directed towards me then. o:

DOOM!
12-30-2012, 05:47 PM
But I have watched the show so it's not really directed towards me then. o:
Good then, you can only read the quoted image to spare you more time. McDoom Ltd. thanks you for using the guidelines.

Albear
12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I had a feelng Twilight had a big destiny ahead of her.
And Derpy being excluded breaks my pony heart.
Oh well, I am currently hoping something develops between Spike and Rarity.

nrL
12-30-2012, 11:18 PM
I was in for fanbase anyway...the cartoon itself is just a cartoon..right?

Albear
12-30-2012, 11:48 PM
I was in for fanbase anyway...the cartoon itself is just a cartoon..right?

Yes, but it was the cartoon that made me become interested. I showed it to my 11 year old sis and she thought I was nuts. She despises anything girly or rainbow-y, but she gave the show a chance and bam.. We are both bronies.

*Brohoof nathanromml*

nrL
12-30-2012, 11:53 PM
Yes, but it was the cartoon that made me become interested. I showed it to my 11 year old sis and she thought I was nuts. She despises anything girly or rainbow-y, but she gave the show a chance and bam.. We are both bronies.

*Brohoof nathanromml*

Sorry, but I have hands, not hoofs.
I've left Bronydom somewhere in early season two.
Still, I occasionally listen to the songs and remixes.

Albear
12-31-2012, 12:07 AM
Sorry, but I have hands, not hoofs.
I've left Bronydom somewhere in early season two.
Still, I occasionally listen to the songs and remixes.

Oh, sorry to hear that.
*High fives*

Ωmega
12-31-2012, 12:20 AM
This was also "proven" (http://cheezburger.com/6875054336) to be false to upset MLP fans. You really cant take these things as fact until its said by a confirmed staff member

DOOM!
12-31-2012, 04:49 AM
This was also "proven" (http://cheezburger.com/6875054336) to be false to upset MLP fans. You really cant take these things as fact until its said by a confirmed staff member
Neither tumblr or cheezburger seem legit sources, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
All I got were heated discussions on chans (http://www.ponychan.net/chan/pony/res/36513415+50.html) dancing around the coal and ashes.

Ωmega
12-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Neither tumblr or cheezburger seem legit sources, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
All I got were heated discussions on chans (http://www.ponychan.net/chan/pony/res/36513415+50.html) dancing around the coal and ashes.

Thats why I use the term 'proven' lightly. However, it is true about things like the comics and the sale of derpy toys, so I doubt they plan to get rid of her anytime soon or suddenly turn Twilight into an alicorn

DOOM!
12-31-2012, 11:37 AM
Thats why I use the term 'proven' lightly. However, it is true about things like the comics and the sale of derpy toys, so I doubt they plan to get rid of her anytime soon or suddenly turn Twilight into an alicorn
Time will tell. Till then, we should probably keep watching and pretending to not notice anything strange?

Assiduous✡Aristocrat
01-01-2013, 08:09 PM
>Twilight.
>Alicorn.

Ahahah, no.

Hanamaru Kunikida
01-01-2013, 08:34 PM
It will now just suck?

Pretty sure it sucked to begin with.

DOOM!
02-09-2013, 03:08 PM
GODDOMMOT FRONK!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0p2cGy6FGQ

wtf did i jus tell u guise?

Ωmega
02-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Ok, Alicorn Twilight is confirmed. HOWEVER, given the description of the show, Twilight swaps cutiemarks and 'destinies'. It could be that Twilight might swaps with Cadance, thus becoming an Alicorn. I really dont see if being a permanent thing

Xeyuzio
02-09-2013, 03:36 PM
I can only imagine the alicorn Twilight would look better anyway, alicorns always look better. The only thing I see here is a person crying over change, this is like when people hated Hatsune Miku's append design.

Assiduous✡Aristocrat
02-09-2013, 10:24 PM
I wa mad.
No, man. No.

GameGeeks
02-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Ok, Alicorn Twilight is confirmed. HOWEVER, given the description of the show, Twilight swaps cutiemarks and 'destinies'. It could be that Twilight might swaps with Cadance, thus becoming an Alicorn. I really dont see if being a permanent thing
Not 100% sure, do not watch the show, but from what I read (through boredom) it is and a move ordained by Hasbro to push toy sales. Can't provide quote but it was said by one of the writers or someone working on the show.

Ωmega
02-09-2013, 11:24 PM
Not 100% sure, do not watch the show, but from what I read (through boredom) it is and a move ordained by Hasbro to push toy sales. Can't provide quote but it was said by one of the writers or someone working on the show.
Of course, the toys have already been showcased. But the show had the mane six as crystal ponies for a whole 10 seconds before they went back, but you can still buy the crystal versions of all of them.

GameGeeks
02-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Of course, the toys have already been showcased. But the show had the mane six as crystal ponies for a whole 10 seconds before they went back, but you can still buy the crystal versions of all of them.
Yeah, but what I read said it was gonna happen on the finale so that ten second thing isn't likely to happen.

Ωmega
02-10-2013, 01:23 AM
Yeah, but what I read said it was gonna happen on the finale so that ten second thing isn't likely to happen.

It already happened (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/crystal-ponies-now-at-toys-r-us.html). They made toys on the characters becoming crystal for all of 10 seconds and are also selling random other crystal ponies. Im sure Twi will be an Alicorn for a good chunk of the episode, but I dont think she'll stay one. As for the 'princess coronation' bit of the episode, I think its more theyre going to introduce what appears to be Cadance and Shining Armor's baby, Princess Skyla (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/08/new-pony-toy-spotted-princess-skyla.html).

GameGeeks
02-10-2013, 01:29 AM
It already happened (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/10/crystal-ponies-now-at-toys-r-us.html). They made toys on the characters becoming crystal for all of 10 seconds and are also selling random other crystal ponies. Im sure Twi will be an Alicorn for a good chunk of the episode, but I dont think she'll stay one. As for the 'princess coronation' bit of the episode, I think its more theyre going to introduce what appears to be Cadance and Shining Armor's baby, Princess Skyla (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/08/new-pony-toy-spotted-princess-skyla.html).
Eh, like I said, just something I read like six months ago.

DOOM!
02-10-2013, 05:58 AM
As for the 'princess coronation' bit of the episode, I think its more theyre going to introduce what appears to be Cadance and Shining Armor's baby, Princess Skyla (http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/08/new-pony-toy-spotted-princess-skyla.html).
Err.. isn't it kinda to soon for that? Anyway, I don't care if Twi keeps the transformation, as long a more character developement and maturity occurs withing the rest of the Mane Six to keep up.

Ωmega
02-10-2013, 12:33 PM
Err.. isn't it kinda to soon for that? Anyway, I don't care if Twi keeps the transformation, as long a more character developement and maturity occurs withing the rest of the Mane Six to keep up.

I dont mind it either tbh. And if you think about it, they got married at the end of season 2, this is the end of season 3 [though it was a shorter season] it is possible she got knocked up in that time. The cakes had two babies and Mrs. Cake never looked very pregnant, so Im sure we'll get the same here if they do bring in Skyla

DOOM!
02-11-2013, 01:04 PM
I dont mind it either tbh. And if you think about it, they got married at the end of season 2, this is the end of season 3 [though it was a shorter season] it is possible she got knocked up in that time. The cakes had two babies and Mrs. Cake never looked very pregnant, so Im sure we'll get the same here if they do bring in Skyla
I know, but they had better have a more gradual introduction of this newborn, not just "they popped up in a jiffy without warning", because apparently, I don't see Cadance hinting at this in the latest episode. Probably because they launched the toyline and forced it on the producers after Season 3 was done, but still...

Kaitou Ace
02-11-2013, 01:39 PM
Well, shouldn't this be in general animation instead of in misc?

As for the show itself, the panic in the fandom is amusing to watch, but i imagine things will be fine as far as the stories go.

The original screencap from reddit isn't really proven in any way either, by the time it was posted rumors about Twilicorn and Derpy being canned were already going around, so it's at least as likely that they are just someone guessing as someone who works on the show.

Considering the amount of Derpy merchandise that they are putting out, it wouldn't surprise me if season 4 starts putting her into the background yet again.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Well, shouldn't this be in general animation instead of in misc?

As for the show itself, the panic in the fandom is amusing to watch, but i imagine things will be fine as far as the stories go.

The original screencap from reddit isn't really proven in any way either, by the time it was posted rumors about Twilicorn and Derpy being canned were already going around, so it's at least as likely that they are just someone guessing as someone who works on the show.

Considering the amount of Derpy merchandise that they are putting out, it wouldn't surprise me if season 4 starts putting her into the background yet again. Or... You could put it in the Western/Non-Jap section, with the other MLP thread.

Kaitou Ace
02-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Well yes, that is what I meant by general animation instead of saying "general anime" =p

But as a rule I don't move threads in forums with active mods, except in cases of spam or similar.

Darkandiel
02-11-2013, 03:33 PM
I don't think it'll do anything to the fandom, even if the story did go crappy. I have some male friends who are massive bronies and if it did get bad, they might stop wearing embarrasing brony t-shirts and posting them on the internet. :D I know, I'm mean.

DeathBlade/13.666
02-11-2013, 03:53 PM
Well yes, that is what I meant by general animation instead of saying "general anime" =p

But as a rule I don't move threads in forums with active mods, except in cases of spam or similar. Fair enough, don't want to seem like you stepping on peoples toes and such. Eris is more than capable. ^.^

Eris
02-11-2013, 05:23 PM
My misc modding is a bit spotty sometimes. Doing a ton of travelling on business Q1 this year :-/

Albear
02-11-2013, 05:27 PM
Lol at the fandom freaking out about twilight's wings.
It's only an image. There is a 50% it won't really stay permanent.

Clayton_n
02-14-2013, 07:02 PM
So does this mean Celestia and Luna will be able to tap that?