PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed For Life ?

Watayo_Hirashi
12-23-2012, 08:39 AM
So many years later... Only I realised I'm such a diehard anime and manga fan, or in other words, I call myself an otaku. My crush was in front of me, but I wasn't that happy, what made me scream in joy was all the anime and manga things all around me. Sometimes I act a little too fangirl like, sometimes I go violent and act like a tyrant because of anyone humilating or stealing anime from me.

So... I think I'm a little too obsessed...? But anime is for life, so... Who cares ? XD Who else is the same ?

Jozette
12-23-2012, 11:44 AM
I dislike humans. EXCEPTIONS: Mangakas. Yeah... :/ so I mean I like to hermit around humans and watch anime most of the time.

KyouFalls
12-23-2012, 11:55 AM
I dislike humans. EXCEPTIONS: Mangakas. Yeah... :/ so I mean I like to hermit around humans and watch anime most of the time.
I love how you avatar corresponds with your signature, Spinning, Spinning, Spinning.

Jozette
12-23-2012, 12:02 PM
I love how you avatar corresponds with your signature, Spinning, Spinning, Spinning.

I'm a rolling girl. :D

IluvAllison
12-23-2012, 12:22 PM
I am not that like that ;> Having recently started watching the wonderful Genshiken I wondered though. Because in the show say that you cant become an otaku. You are one. And if you are one you cant change it, its the way they are, completely enthralled by anime, manga, games, and everything connected to it. I didnt quite understand. They said it like it was an obsession that couldn't be controlled. Seeing you a real life person say it like this makes me understand a little more ;P

nrL
12-24-2012, 08:55 PM
Huh? How can they steal your anime? Are they hackers?

bunnylover
12-25-2012, 08:15 PM
So many years later... Only I realised I'm such a diehard anime and manga fan, or in other words, I call myself an otaku. My crush was in front of me, but I wasn't that happy, what made me scream in joy was all the anime and manga things all around me. Sometimes I act a little too fangirl like, sometimes I go violent and act like a tyrant because of anyone humilating or stealing anime from me.

So... I think I'm a little too obsessed...? But anime is for life, so... Who cares ? XD Who else is the same ?

I'm with you! :3

Watayo_Hirashi
12-26-2012, 05:32 AM

That made my day. XDD

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

I am not that like that ;> Having recently started watching the wonderful Genshiken I wondered though. Because in the show say that you cant become an otaku. You are one. And if you are one you cant change it, its the way they are, completely enthralled by anime, manga, games, and everything connected to it. I didnt quite understand. They said it like it was an obsession that couldn't be controlled. Seeing you a real life person say it like this makes me understand a little more ;P

Yes, obsession can't be helped, unless you really want to cure it. And I perfectly understand how obsession feels. Believe me, there are tons and tons of other people that worse than me. :P

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Huh? How can they steal your anime? Are they hackers?

Well, I didn't mean that literally. XDD I meant like when my mum sees me lazing around and not doing stuff she wants like studying or stuff, she just can suddenly connect this to banding me from seeing anime or even taking my phone away (which my anime and manga is all downloaded in there). Though she hasn't done it, but it pisses me off every time she says it. It's the hols now so shouldn't it be for relaxing ? O.o If I scream back I'll sure to get something from her, so I just shut up.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

I'm with you! :3

Oh yeah. XDD

dinochan
12-29-2012, 10:54 PM
yup ANIME FOREVER!!!!

Kazetori
01-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Anime and manga ALWAYS!

Jeroen Mathon
01-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Why i call myself an Otaku?
I once thid 5 all-nighters in an row i also watch 5 to 13 epsidodes a day Including night,
The best part is that it does not effect my oveeral performance, :D
I love manga.

AshureeChan
01-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I can go a fairly good while without watching any but I don't think I could go forever.

Albear
01-10-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm not obsessed, but I always watch at least one series every month.

anime roxs 4ever
01-11-2013, 10:49 AM
certainly its smething u cant miss out in life

Kagome
01-17-2013, 01:10 PM
I've always said that once you're into anime and manga, your in it for life. There's no escape. xD I've not met *ONE* person eve-who got into it and ever completely fell out of Otakudom.

IluvAllison
01-17-2013, 03:18 PM
I've always said that once you're into anime and manga, your in it for life. There's no escape. xD I've not met *ONE* person eve-who got into it and ever completely fell out of Otakudom.

Then you must be very young? Or maybe you only have met hardcore otakus. After high school I stopped watching, so did most of my other anime/manga friends. Except for maybe beloved shows like One Piece or Naruto. Ofc I came back eventually, but only to watch it occasionally and not as much as I used to in high school.

Kagome
01-18-2013, 02:24 PM
Then you must be very young? Or maybe you only have met hardcore otakus. After high school I stopped watching, so did most of my other anime/manga friends. Except for maybe beloved shows like One Piece or Naruto. Ofc I came back eventually, but only to watch it occasionally and not as much as I used to in high school.

No, in fact I'm not very young. I'm 27, ,my friends and I have been into anime and manga since 6th grade...My mom is into it now becasue of us too-and she's 49.

But even though you left-you still came bacl. Even if it was only for a few, you came back, and therefore haven't abandoned otakudom completeley. And therein lies my case in point.

IluvAllison
01-18-2013, 05:59 PM
No, in fact I'm not very young. I'm 27, ,my friends and I have been into anime and manga since 6th grade...My mom is into it now becasue of us too-and she's 49.

But even though you left-you still came bacl. Even if it was only for a few, you came back, and therefore haven't abandoned otakudom completeley. And therein lies my case in point.

Once you go otaku you never go... *insert rhyme* huh? Maybe it is, or maybe it isn't, the white wizard will know...