PDA

View Full Version : Animated/CG Movies

Bulf
12-02-2012, 03:41 PM
Animated movies! Pixar/Disney/Dreamworks/etc. You get it. Not necessarily limited to those companies, but whatever. Your call :p
In any case, any animated movies you like? 3D or 2D, doesn't really matter.

I saw Wreck-It earlier, and it was pretty fantastic. Aside from that, older ones I liked: Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, WallE, Up, Aladdin, Bolt, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda,Shrek (1, and i guess 2) and Tangled. I plan on seeing Rise of the Guardians soon :p

Not really a fan of Dreamworks, or most of Disney's early animations (few exceptions) though.

So, what about you guys?

DeathBlade/13.666
12-03-2012, 01:02 AM
As much as I like Pixar's stuff with Disney, I enjoy Dreamwork's stuff too. I think both groups do wonderful storytelling and animation.

Clayton_n
12-03-2012, 05:36 PM
I just saw Rise of the Guardians. Pretty cool.

ladymulti
12-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Regardless of who makes it, anime or no, if it has a good plot, I'l watch it. Yeah, Disney and Pixar can be toned down to be suitable for kids, but it doesn't make them any less enjoyable if they're actually good.

There are some off-the-wall ones that were interesting, too. I have one called "Kaena: the Prophecy" that I thought was really interesting. (I think it's a French made movie or something of the sort)

Really, I don't care what country a good animated/cg movie is made; if it's good or interesting, I'll watch it.... For some reason in the US, people are under the impression that animated movie = for kids.. Probably why, in WalMart, I saw the 1st Berserk movie right next to Paranorman. An M-rated movie right next to a PG-rated movie....yeahhhhh.....

IluvAllison
12-04-2012, 03:39 AM
I really like the CG cinematics of video games. Like the cinematic for Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft they are just SPECTACULAR! Damn Blizzard why dont you make a movie like that! Screw live action I want a Warcraft movie in CG like those cinematics! ;D

Erwin Rommel
12-10-2012, 11:55 PM
One of my favorite movies of all time is "The Secret of Nimh". Don Bluth is one of my favorite animators of all time and I have watched Nimh once every month for the past couple years. Check it out if you haven't seen it yet because it's an excellent movie.