PDA

View Full Version : League of Legends IPL5 Esport event Nov. 29 - Dec. 2

IluvAllison
11-27-2012, 07:24 AM
So IPL5 is coming up on thursday the 29th and going all the way until sunday the 2th. League of Legends is one of the feautured games so I was wondering if there was any LoL Esports fans here? Cause this event is gonna be the biggest and best since Season 2 World Championships with attending teams such as Taipei Assasins, Azubu Blaze, Moscow 5, CLG EU, Fnatic, TSM and many many more!

Its gonna be really tough competition with a combined prize pool of $100.000!
So if there is any fans here on AF we could talk about the teams, predictions, favorites etc. I really love this stuff ;D

For more information about the event and the schedule go here: http://www.ign.com/ipl/league-of-legends/ipl-5
and: http://leaguepedia.com/wiki/IGN_ProLeague_Season_5

PS. The games start at 7pm PST and 4am CET on Thursday live from Las Vegas.

DOOM!
11-27-2012, 08:19 AM
For being a league of "legendz", I've never heard of any of the aforementioned. Not attending.

IluvAllison
11-27-2012, 09:29 AM
Well obviously you're not attending, neither am I. The whole thing is gonna be streamed live tho to viewers all around the world. League of Legends is the most watched Esport in the world with a record of around 500k concurrent streaming viewers and thats not counting it being broadcasted on TV in Korea. Its a big deal and is very important for the growth of Esport.

Equilibrium
11-28-2012, 08:55 AM
I love ESports too, but I do CoD. I've been to EGL 7 and 8. And I'm currently a ranked team in Frag Cup 4. I'll watch LoL, but I don't know much about the teams who are playing.

IluvAllison
11-28-2012, 05:26 PM
I love ESports too, but I do CoD. I've been to EGL 7 and 8. And I'm currently a ranked team in Frag Cup 4. I'll watch LoL, but I don't know much about the teams who are playing.

Ahh you do CoD! I dont do CoD! ;P The only other Esport I have watched, and enjoyed, is SC2 even though I know nothing of it. And acually also Dota2 if its a big tourny like The International. What do you think, do you enjoy waching LoL Esports without knowing too much about the game and the teams playing?

Also a correction. The games start at 7pm CET and not 4am CET.

Equilibrium
11-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Ahh you do CoD! I dont do CoD! ;P The only other Esport I have watched, and enjoyed, is SC2 even though I know nothing of it. And acually also Dota2 if its a big tourny like The International. What do you think, do you enjoy waching LoL Esports without knowing too much about the game and the teams playing?

Also a correction. The games start at 7pm CET and not 4am CET.

I know what's going on, just not the top teams. I know like Obey & EnVyUs pro LoL teams. It's crazy, I hear that the top 5 or so LoL teams are now gonna start being paid a salary. Housing, food, clothes, and etc all covered. And my mom said I couldn't make a living playing games. <_<

Starcraft 2 is pretty good, I'll play from time to time. Dota2 I just can't get into.

IluvAllison
11-30-2012, 06:32 PM
I know what's going on, just not the top teams. I know like Obey & EnVyUs pro LoL teams. It's crazy, I hear that the top 5 or so LoL teams are now gonna start being paid a salary. Housing, food, clothes, and etc all covered. And my mom said I couldn't make a living playing games. <_<

Starcraft 2 is pretty good, I'll play from time to time. Dota2 I just can't get into.

Huh I have never heard of those teams lol. They must be amateur-pro or something. Yes starting in February in 2013 for Season 3 Riot Games will pay the top 8 teams of NA and the top 8 teams of Europe. I dont know the numbers but they will get salaries.

LoL pros who get asked about going pro often tell people to first finish high school at least. And dont jump in the boat of Esports with no backups. By all means try, but dont destroy all your other options in the pursuit of it.

Equilibrium
12-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Huh I have never heard of those teams lol. They must be amateur-pro or something. Yes starting in February in 2013 for Season 3 Riot Games will pay the top 8 teams of NA and the top 8 teams of Europe. I dont know the numbers but they will get salaries.

LoL pros who get asked about going pro often tell people to first finish high school at least. And dont jump in the boat of Esports with no backups. By all means try, but dont destroy all your other options in the pursuit of it.

Don't worry I'm a Marine. I'll have financial stability for the next 4 years.