PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Reviews: Sign Up Thread #2

Ranshiin
11-17-2012, 02:23 PM
I think since the old one is so old and Eric is AWOL, then starting a new thread for submitting reviews is best, and it also helps everyone to know exactly who they need to speak to.

Direct c/p from OT --

This thread is for signing up to post Game reviews (FAQ). (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?97954-ANNOUNCEMENT-VG-section-will-now-have-Game-Reviews!)

Basically, you post the game that you wish to review, and from there I'll approve it and you make you review a thread.

The title of the thread should be along the lines of "[username] reviews [game]".

The threads will be open for feedback on the review and "light" discussion. This is not a free pass to spam and stuff. If I catch you spamming someone's review I'll just delete your post. Please be respectful of others' reviews and keep any criticism polite and constructive.

So basically, nothing has changed in terms of the format and what needs to be done. Just I will be approving the reviews you want to post instead of Eric.

Thanks for reading. :]

bankaisasuke141
01-26-2013, 07:31 PM
ummm how does this work because i have video reviews i want people to see?

Ranshiin
01-28-2013, 06:39 AM
ummm how does this work because i have video reviews i want people to see?
This is for writing reviews of video games, not for posting video reviews. Feel free to read Eric's FAQ on what is expected, and the previously-written reviews that are archived in the Reviews sub-forum to get a feel of the format and what is expected/not expected.

Thanks.

Anime Forum
04-03-2013, 07:20 PM
Hey Ran Ran. Can I review Phantom Breaker BG?

Ranshiin
04-14-2013, 09:28 AM
I can't believe I didn't see an update to this thread. Some mod I am -.-

Go for it, even if I am 10 days late.

Anime Forum
04-24-2013, 08:21 PM
I can't believe I didn't see an update to this thread. Some mod I am -.-

Go for it, even if I am 10 days late.

I forgive you Ran!
Okay, I will start soon. Ty.

SigmaSD
07-14-2013, 10:37 AM
Can I review The Last of Us for the PS3?

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-14-2013, 10:51 AM
Can I review The Last of Us for the PS3?

That should be a good review.

SigmaSD
07-14-2013, 10:52 AM
That should be a good review.

So is that a yes?

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-14-2013, 10:53 AM
So is that a yes?

Lol, I'm not a mod here. lol

SigmaSD
07-15-2013, 12:00 PM
So do I message Ranshiin if I want to do a review or do I still just write my request on here?

Ranshiin
07-15-2013, 01:44 PM
I need to like email-subscribe to this thread or something, I keep missing when people post in it.

SigmaSD How Eric used to do it was by just asking in the threads so ... my answer is sure, go for it. There haven't been any reviews in a while, Yoko Littner still hasn't gotten around to posting the one he was going to do.

Any queries/questions, just ask away.

Anime Forum
07-15-2013, 02:43 PM
I need to like email-subscribe to this thread or something, I keep missing when people post in it.

SigmaSD How Eric used to do it was by just asking in the threads so ... my answer is sure, go for it. There haven't been any reviews in a while, Yoko Littner still hasn't gotten around to posting the one he was going to do.

Any queries/questions, just ask away.
Thanks for the reminder actually. Forgot about it!

rf switch
07-15-2013, 02:45 PM
can I just review whatever I feel like reviewing at the time?

Ranshiin
07-16-2013, 05:05 AM
can I just review whatever I feel like reviewing at the time?

So long as it's done properly and to as high a standard as is necessary.

rf switch
07-17-2013, 01:07 AM
So long as it's done properly and to as high a standard as is necessary.
My reviews have been published before....

Seriously.

Dead serious. My reviews of RDF Global Conflict (Sega CD), R.B.I. Baseball '94 (SNES), Slam N Jam (3DO), Ardy Lightfoot (SNES) have all been published in an actual magazine.

Ranshiin
07-17-2013, 05:29 AM
I did not know this.

Seriously.

My point still stands, though.

SigmaSD
07-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Can I make a review of an old GBC game called Dragon Warrior Monsters? I think people need to know more about it considering its still fun to play today.

Light Buster
07-24-2013, 12:05 PM
Would like to request a review of Gravity Rush for the PS Vita. As I do not have constant access to the internet, it will take me some time to do it.

Ranshiin
07-25-2013, 07:20 AM
SigmaSD Light Buster Of course.

Just PM me the reviews when you're ready with them so I can check through them first. Y'know, protocols and stuff. =)

SigmaSD
07-25-2013, 10:09 AM
SigmaSD Light Buster Of course.

Just PM me the reviews when you're ready with them so I can check through them first. Y'know, protocols and stuff. =)
I will be doing it little by little though, there's no deadline right?

Ranshiin
07-25-2013, 10:30 AM
I will be doing it little by little though, there's no deadline right?

Nope, no deadline.

Sympathy
10-21-2014, 03:31 PM
i'd like to review Skyrim. i know, kinda late to the party, fk off.

Sustainna
11-21-2014, 09:06 AM
I'd like to review Katawa Shoujo as a visual novel. I feel that even being a video game is proper for the site seeing how Japanese-Style visual novels are similar to a Manga/Anime Hybrid.

Ranshiin
11-21-2014, 01:56 PM
I'd like to review Katawa Shoujo as a visual novel. I feel that even being a video game is proper for the site seeing how Japanese-Style visual novels are similar to a Manga/Anime Hybrid.

I'm working on getting a Visual Novel tag added to the section, but thanks. From what I read I don't think you should have any issues so I'll read through it proper later (or tomorrow) and make it pop back up where it belongs.

Just a bit sick recently, so bear with me. :P

Sustainna
11-22-2014, 01:53 PM
Should the vn tag be added id like to have some more reviews on the way. I already have Sepia Tears (100% Complete Gallery Now, Yay!) being put together as well as another one planned right after.

Ranshiin
11-22-2014, 03:12 PM
Should the vn tag be added id like to have some more reviews on the way. I already have Sepia Tears (100% Complete Gallery Now, Yay!) being put together as well as another one planned right after.

No problem. There's no rush. :)

Sustainna
11-30-2014, 04:07 PM
Can I have permission to begin a review for If My Heart Had Wings? Wont be for a while due to the sheer length of said VN, but hey, Its what I love to do.

Sustainna
12-31-2014, 06:21 AM
Now that the DeIz review has been posted, and the If My Heart Had Wings review is finished and ready to be posted, I'd like to review Go! Go! Nippon! afterwards. I'd also like to know if Hatoful Boyfriend has been done here before as well.

Ranshiin
12-31-2014, 06:42 AM
I don't think either has been reviewed. Might have to double-check yourself in the reviews archives but I looked and didn't see Hatoful Boyfriend there. Is funny because I know what that one's actually about ... not sure if that's bad or not.