PDA

View Full Version : [360] Halo 4

TadashiED
11-05-2012, 09:42 PM
Midnight release tonight and I'm getting it. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. Oh, and yes, I'm a Halo fanboy :D
If anyone wants to add me up and play, GT ProdigySniperXx (don't laugh LOL)

Jacob's Ladder
11-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh hell yeah!! 400+ people were at the store I preordered my copy at. It was awesome...got home close to 1 and played up to crashing on Requiem.

Jasanime
11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
2 ppl lined up at my store :-(

TadashiED
11-06-2012, 03:06 PM
I went to an EB Games and there wasn't that much people (still a big line though) but across the street was a Best Buy and that line was huge. Like, huge lol.

Velvet_Nightmare
11-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Got mine delivered this morning.

Played two games on multiplayer, and I can honestly say I had fun. Haven't played a Halo game since 3, and it was well worth the wait.

Now I just need class to end so I can get back to my dorm and start the campaign...

Hanamaru Kunikida
11-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Lmao. I had the game since September.

Jacob's Ladder
11-06-2012, 06:41 PM
I went to an EB Games and there wasn't that much people (still a big line though) but across the street was a Best Buy and that line was huge. Like, huge lol.
It was awesome last night! The store had to make 27 groups of 15 people each. It took forever cuz not everyone paid their preorders completely. And there were 2 really upset moms....as they found out that midnight releases are not just coming in picking up the game and leaving. lol

PinkGalaxies
11-06-2012, 06:54 PM
Someone is selling an unopened limited edition one on Craigslist for $60 that runs for $160 right now. I was actually thinking about buying it from them. Lol.

Jacob's Ladder
11-07-2012, 11:40 AM
Someone is selling an unopened limited edition one on Craigslist for $60 that runs for $160 right now. I was actually thinking about buying it from them. Lol.
Why buy it on Ebay or Craigslist and spend more, when a store in your area probably has a copy or 2 that weren't picked up. Cheaper, no shipping charges or having someone rip you off.

TadashiED
11-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Why buy it on Ebay or Craigslist and spend more, when a store in your area probably has a copy or 2 that weren't picked up. Cheaper, no shipping charges or having someone rip you off.

He said it's running for $60 when it's usually $160. I'm pretty sure in store it isn't going to be selling it for $60 lol.

Jacob's Ladder
11-07-2012, 01:48 PM
He said it's running for $60 when it's usually $160. I'm pretty sure in store it isn't going to be selling it for $60 lol.

A limited edition is only $99 (I didn't pay that much) I thought it was a bid, my bad.

Equilibrium
11-07-2012, 06:26 PM
Well, only read the spoiler, if you have finished the campaign. I am a Halo fanboy, read the majority of the books and this ending almost had me in tears. The ending however is just...

Spoiler!!
Cortana dies at the end, and Chief kills the Diadact. How are they gonna continue the trilogy now? It took, what? Four games to kill the covinant if you include Reach. Yet, we kill the Diadact in the first game? Even Cortana goes.. How the hell is Chief suppose to complete his missions now? Let alone, all the Spartan 4's seen his face.

Ranshiin
11-09-2012, 05:47 AM
Limited Edition here is £70. Work that out to American, but I know it's going to be roughly $110-120. This country is a scam.

Anyways I decided to go get a copy of this game today. Well ... I didn't so much decide, more I was debating and I decided to let Lady Luck decide and I threw a coin in the middle of the high street near GAME to decide ... came up Heads, so I went and bought a (regular) copy. Gave me an excuse to buy a new pad too (the right thumbstick on my current controller is knackered due to being repeatedly thrashed from what would amount to three straight weeks worth of Borderlands and Borderlands 2 playthroughs), and the Halo 4 limited edition controller turned out to be cheaper than the special-edition xbox controller I bought/prefer (the silver one with the concave thumbsticks and rotatable D-pad) whilst being the same sort of design - £40 over £45.

So I'll probably stick with my now-busted controller for racing games (right thumbstick is used only for cameras in racing games and pressing down on it still works adequately) and use the Halo 4 one for playing FPS. Will hold off of playing Halo 4 until later, though; whilst I enjoyed Halo Reach, it's the sort of game I would rather play co-operatively or at least with a party of friends instead of going solo ... because at least that way I won't feel a complete prat for my rather mediocre FPS ability.

Samuru
11-09-2012, 06:01 AM
Limited Edition here is £70. Work that out to American, but I know it's going to be roughly $110-120. This country is a scam.
I lol'd when I saw an ad in which I could get the Limited Edition for the casual one's price... Bought it and sold in on eBay for a 50 bucks profit xD.

Jacob's Ladder
11-11-2012, 12:45 PM
That ending was hard to take! The toughest part was seeing just how vulnerable and human the Master Chief can be in a split moment..."I was supposed to take care of you"--"We, were supposed to take care of eachother."

Could the first part of this trilogy be leading to a war with the Forerunners?

Now, on to Spartan Ops!!

cowtipper
11-11-2012, 02:23 PM
i've always wanted to see what master chief looked like without the armor i'm glad i watched the final credits, it was such a tease though. anyways i went through the game on legendary however i didn't get infinity's achievement points on co-op for some reason.

on another note has any one of ya'll found all the skulls???

Ranshiin
11-11-2012, 03:04 PM
That ending was hard to take! The toughest part was seeing just how vulnerable and human the Master Chief can be in a split moment..."I was supposed to take care of you"--"We, were supposed to take care of eachother."

Could the first part of this trilogy be leading to a war with the Forerunners?

Now, on to Spartan Ops!!
Thanks for the spoiler. >_>

Jacob's Ladder
11-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the spoiler. >_>Oh com'on Rash...that wasn't much of a reveal. The line quoted was just an exchange of obvious affection between the two.

Just posing a question on the possible center story of the sequel.

Velvet_Nightmare
11-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Well, only read the spoiler, if you have finished the campaign. I am a Halo fanboy, read the majority of the books and this ending almost had me in tears. The ending however is just...

Spoiler!!
Cortana dies at the end, and Chief kills the Diadact. How are they gonna continue the trilogy now? It took, what? Four games to kill the covinant if you include Reach. Yet, we kill the Diadact in the first game? Even Cortana goes.. How the hell is Chief suppose to complete his missions now? Let alone, all the Spartan 4's seen his face.

I'm assuming you beat it on Legendary? Anyways here's a go at it:

During the ending after the credits on Legendary, you can hear the Didact explaining to what could possibly be the Forerunners about how humanity is threatening to ascend as the highest power in the universe. There are still possibly Forerunners that will finish what the Didact started and try to wipe out humanity. Also, we never really learn why the Covenant was helping out The Didact, or why they went there in the first place. There is still a gap to be filled between 3 and 4, at least to me there is, not sure if any books explain what happens between these two games. Hopefully Spartan Ops will help reveal more of the story, but that's something we'll have to wait for. All of this is guesses from someone who's never played Halo 2, ODST, and Reach, and who has never read the books or saw the animated shorts. So if I missed anything, let me know. ^_^

Also while we're on the subject of Halo 4, you know what I really hated?

No epic fight with The Didact? Sure we had that "awesome" space fighter flying sequence, and a pretty intense fight trying to get to him, but hell man, I was expecting to go guns blazing and wutnot against him. Nope, just a quick-time event of you putting a nade in his chest. Lame T_T

Jacob's Ladder
11-11-2012, 07:53 PM
Velvet_Nightmare You should read Cryptum and Glasslands...also play the 10th Anniversary of Halo...it actually pieces the story together.

Know what you mean, but remember he fell into a slip stream vortex. So it doesn't mean the Didact is gone. Plus, the books mentioned above really help in understanding what the back story between humans and Forerunners really is about.

TadashiED
11-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Wooooooah haven't even touched campaign yet! Please no spoilers keep it in tags xD
I'm waiting for my good group of friends to get it so we can beat Legendary since I don't feel like doing anything less than that :P

So I've been playing multiplayer and honestly, I am in love with it. It really is amazing. I love all the changes they made from the now an actual power weapon needler to the announcer's more epic tone when he says things.
And oh don't get me started about Forge. I've always been a forger myself, making zombie maps and team slayer maps and with everything in this new forge, it's amazing.

Equilibrium
11-12-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm assuming you beat it on Legendary? Anyways here's a go at it:

During the ending after the credits on Legendary, you can hear the Didact explaining to what could possibly be the Forerunners about how humanity is threatening to ascend as the highest power in the universe. There are still possibly Forerunners that will finish what the Didact started and try to wipe out humanity. Also, we never really learn why the Covenant was helping out The Didact, or why they went there in the first place. There is still a gap to be filled between 3 and 4, at least to me there is, not sure if any books explain what happens between these two games. Hopefully Spartan Ops will help reveal more of the story, but that's something we'll have to wait for. All of this is guesses from someone who's never played Halo 2, ODST, and Reach, and who has never read the books or saw the animated shorts. So if I missed anything, let me know. ^_^

Also while we're on the subject of Halo 4, you know what I really hated?

No epic fight with The Didact? Sure we had that "awesome" space fighter flying sequence, and a pretty intense fight trying to get to him, but hell man, I was expecting to go guns blazing and wutnot against him. Nope, just a quick-time event of you putting a nade in his chest. Lame T_T

The thing is, that they killed Cortana. She has been with us for several games, I'm so used to her. Chief wouldn't have made it past Halo 1 without her. It's gonna be hard to replace her.. Unless somehow Dr Halsey will be able to do something sorta miracle. Looking forward to the next Halo outta this trilogy.

I believe the Covie teamed up with the Didact, simply because he is a Forerunner. Those Covies are a old faction called Storm, led by Jul 'Mdama(who we didn't see) who believes in the old ways, and sees Forerunners as gods. They went there in the first place to release him from Requiem to kill humanity. I'm expecting to see Jul in the next game.

Lol, as for the epic fight, I'm glad it wasn't so epic. Fighting those Promethean Knights on legendary was hard enough.

@Velvet_Nightmare (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?u=36983) You should read Cryptum and Glasslands...also play the 10th Anniversary of Halo...it actually pieces the story together.

Know what you mean, but remember he fell into a slip stream vortex. So it doesn't mean the Didact is gone. Plus, the books mentioned above really help in understanding what the back story between humans and Forerunners really is about.

Even if he's not dead, the epilogue doesn't prove he's alive. I think that was his speech to the forerunner council, defending himself before he was imprisoned for using the composer on humanity, superimposed on the aftermath of the game to draw a parallel between humanity's ancient power and its new found dominance. I kinda think he just transferred his mind to an AI similar to the Liberian

Wooooooah haven't even touched campaign yet! Please no spoilers keep it in tags xD
I'm waiting for my good group of friends to get it so we can beat Legendary since I don't feel like doing anything less than that :P

So I've been playing multiplayer and honestly, I am in love with it. It really is amazing. I love all the changes they made from the now an actual power weapon needler to the announcer's more epic tone when he says things.
And oh don't get me started about Forge. I've always been a forger myself, making zombie maps and team slayer maps and with everything in this new forge, it's amazing.

The needler is way over powered and the shotgun has more distance. Other then that, multilayer is awesome. Love the custom load outs.

DMR
Pistol
Frag
Promethean Vision
Dexterity
My owning class so far,my SR is only 14.

Velvet_Nightmare
11-12-2012, 08:03 AM
See it's little things like that that make me wanna go read the books and stuff. XD

I should pay a visit to the Half-Priced Books and see if they have any >_>

EDIT: I actually took a look at the first of the videos you unlock when you find the terminals, and it helped clarify some things that you mentioned. Now to unlock the other videos and take a look at them. XD

Ranshiin
11-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Is it bad that I like the DMR? Then again due to playing Borderlands anything that has a scope is just insta-win for me.

Anyways, I completed the campaign with a friend today ... we died so much ... and we were playing on normal (we are such fps scrubs)

Is it bad that I'm disappointed that I didn't physically get to kick the Didact's face in and could only watch the cutscene where Chief embarrasses him with a grenade?

Might get round to playing some Spartan Ops tomorrow. Who knows ... Friday is totes Sega All-Stars Transformed day, though. =/