PDA

View Full Version : Best Console

KJ Killa
06-21-2004, 07:17 PM
Xbox...

Blanku
06-21-2004, 07:21 PM
Hey, eff you, hippy! Nintendo is trying, and I think they're doing a pretty good job. Metroid Prime, Smash Bros, Viewtiful Joe, Soul Calibur 2 (with Link XD), and Wind Waker are all great games. As I hear it, so is Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles and Zelda: Four Swords. That is one innovative little cube, I tell ya.

KJ Killa
06-21-2004, 07:24 PM
:lol: thats funny....but i guess ur right they r trying hard...

Saionji
06-21-2004, 07:27 PM
Here's the deal: If the poll is based on which system is "best" in terms of system power, then Xbox is the default choice, because statistically, Xbox is the most powerful console out there. However, since the PS2 has sold more units than Microsoft's console, that puts Sony in 1st. PS2 also boasts a larger library of games. Still, I think this poll's about "what is your favourite console" because trying to determine which console is "the best" is purely subjective.

KJ Killa
06-21-2004, 07:33 PM
...its ur own oppinion...what you think is the best...

Saionji
06-21-2004, 07:35 PM
Hehe, I know. That's why I chose Xbox. Have you seen previews of Halo 2? Silent Hill 4?

KJ Killa
06-21-2004, 07:38 PM
exaclty y i choose xbox

Daenerys
06-21-2004, 07:40 PM
Wrong forum sweetie, there's tons of these topics already.

KJ Killa
06-21-2004, 07:46 PM
oh...sry bout that

Daenerys
06-21-2004, 07:48 PM
Don't be sorry, be smart.

KJ Killa
06-21-2004, 07:51 PM
...ya im not that smart...

WEAKGUY
06-22-2004, 12:50 AM
xbox owens it has its owen harddrive and everything it rocks

...yeah, except xbox doesn't come with scantily clad women. ^^;;

Saionji
06-22-2004, 01:24 AM
Dude, what's with the half-naked chick? And who's owen?

red storm
06-22-2004, 03:50 AM
I vote ps2! they have the most rpg's!

( now I only need to buy one)

lionx
06-22-2004, 05:45 AM
I have yet to see a poll thread about consoles without it being biased.

I personally like the GameCube, they have unique games that no other console has and also the four player connections unlike the PS2 which sorta tries to overly grub your money with the multi-tap. Not that Nintendo doesnt want to grub your money, but somehow i just feel every console should have a 4 player slot by now...it just sorta became the standard since the N64 i think...its probably me though. The Naruto game there is focused more on action than the PS2 one and i think it has best offline multiplayer powers.

PS2 is second with its single player RPG games, i love it. Xbox however has nothing that really interests me a whole ton, seems that everything will be released on PC sooner or later(else they lose tons of $ if they keep Halo ONLY Xbox...), so nothing really interests me besides Halo which i somehow feel it would be out in PC sooner or later. Not that i am particularly hating the Xbox, but i feel it PERSONALLY doesnt fulfill the gaming needs that i really like. Opinion in the end...no best console, you buy the one that fits your gaming needs.

I love the old NES games too, Ninja Turtles...original Dragon Warrior/Final Fantasy...Zelda...classic goodness. And you forgot the SNES how can you?! ;-;

KJ Killa
06-22-2004, 05:51 AM
ur right every consil should have 4 slots...but xbox saves ur money even more with a hardrive in it so u dont need memory cards

-Naota-
06-22-2004, 10:29 AM
My faveorite system is Gamecube!

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by lionx@Jun 22 2004, 05:45 AM
I have yet to see a poll thread about consoles without it being biased.

Well, bias means...

Bias
1 : to give a settled and often prejudiced outlook to

So unless you say something along the lines of...

All consoles are equally special. I love them all the same. They are all good.

...you're biased.

That being said, I voted other, with other being the SNES. Sooo many good games.

lionx
06-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Its more along the lines of seeing something like this:

GameCube(sucks)

Right on the poll, i forget if there was one that doesnt have it, i remember when it was called Gaycube.

This thread askes us to show our preferences to the console, and yet i do think all of them are unique, just that one of them, namely the Xbox in the new console generation(can we still call it new even?) doesnt appeal to my gaming needs, but in its own way it does appeal to the needs of others hence it is special and good in its own way. I never really said Xbox sucks get another console like PS2 have i?

You also noted that its a predjudiced outlook on things, and the poll choice for the Nintendo console already showed predjudice on its part of the poster that set up the poll which i havent rememebered seeing one without some sarcastic comment on it. Thanks for reinforcing my statements.

ecchi_maker
06-22-2004, 03:37 PM
The only game that is keeping the xbox alive is Halo and Halo 2 (coming soon) so i would say PS2 cause the best games are on that console!

KJ Killa
06-22-2004, 05:52 PM
Halo and halo 2 arent the only ones....Counterstrike...Halflife 2...full spectum warrior...Rainbowsix 3...Riddic...Unreal is still good...

Himura Enishi
06-22-2004, 08:11 PM
Right now its close between Xbox and PS2, IMO with PS2 winning. However, when the XBox 2 and PS3 come out, PS3 is gonna blow it outta the water, mainly because XBox2 IS NOT GONNA BE BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE (it cant play Xbox1 games), while PS3 will still be able to play PS and PS2 games

lionx
06-23-2004, 12:27 AM
Halo and halo 2 arent the only ones....Counterstrike...Halflife 2...full spectum warrior...Rainbowsix 3...Riddic...Unreal is still good...

Yet all these are PC derivative games and i bet would hit PC sooner or later somehow i feel. Why pay for that when you can pay for the same thing on PC too? Halo is on PC as well.

Himura where did you hear it snot compatible with old Xbox games?

KJ Killa
06-23-2004, 01:05 AM
cuz u already know the xbox controls and if you get it for pc you have to figure it out

dulx
06-23-2004, 08:01 AM
XBOX RULLEZZ :D

Himura Enishi
06-23-2004, 10:07 AM
At the time I posted, only this article was available, http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/5339.cfm. However, afterdawn.com has now released another statement from Microsoft, with Microsoft stating that they have made no solid decision on that yet. To save you all from reading though, even though it's not official yet, XBox2 WILL have a completely different hardware scheme from XBox, so if they plan to go backward compatible, they will have a huge hurdle to jump, if they intend to do that at all.

ecchi_maker
06-23-2004, 04:59 PM
I would say that xbox has the best 1st person shooter games. On the other hand PS2 has better and more diff. games.

Bubblegum Pop
06-23-2004, 08:00 PM
i like PS1 but it wasn't on there so i clicked on other. i don't have any of those other consoles except nintendo, but oh well, my dad might buy me a PS2 :D so that makes me happier

lionx
06-23-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by KJ Killa@Jun 22 2004, 10:05 PM
cuz u already know the xbox controls and if you get it for pc you have to figure it out
I dont see how that makes sense, everything will be different a bit, even Tony Hawk on different platforms. Theres no need for me to learn to play Halo on Xbox at all since i can easily customize buttons on the PC one to fit the needs of my play, so i say PC is much easier. Learning one or another makes no sense.

And yes Himura that really sucks...its going to hurt them.

Himura Enishi
06-23-2004, 09:49 PM
And yes Himura that really sucks...its going to hurt them.

No doubt, there's no way I'd wanna get an XBox2 if it wasn't b.c., i mean, the Ps3 will have 3 frickin supported generations, that's something to brag about. I wonder why they went with the whole re-vamp, maybe cuz XBox is so easy to mod..

dulx
06-24-2004, 03:53 PM
the xbox is the best console ever...
no doubt.

Hakkai The Cho-Man
06-26-2004, 08:52 AM
I'm a huge fan of the old Nintendo. ^^ I really wanna know what happened to mind, not to mention all of my games. x_X;

Rem
06-29-2004, 12:29 AM
im probably one of the biggest sega fan boys ever and ask any sega fan boy and he will tell you dream cast pawnz every thing its not true but us sega fan boys are die hards till the end (and after) i own seven consoles and in my opinion the chain of command goes like this
1~dream cast
2~x box
3~saturn
4~psx (or ps1)
5~ snes
6~n64
7~ps2 (i hate the black crap box)

Anime Junkie
06-29-2004, 08:56 AM
Its all about the Dreamcast!!!!!!

Rem
06-29-2004, 05:15 PM