PDA

View Full Version : Don't Kill Me...

Totchikins
06-17-2004, 02:13 AM
This is maybe my fourth attempt at making a wallpaper (I'm accustom to creating banners). I would highly appreciate some constructive criticism. Oh, and I KNOW it looks like he doesn't have a nose, but that's how the picture is... XD Aaand... GO! =P

*stands by nervously* |:

Xian Pu
06-17-2004, 03:44 AM
Hmmm not bad at all. In fact, it's pretty good.

akachan
06-17-2004, 04:05 AM
Neat and quite stylish.. ;) it's ok man ^_^
One thing I can suggest is mirroring the entire wall...but it's just a "usability" critique :^_^:

escaflownemoon
06-17-2004, 09:14 AM
looks ok... lol I like the guy that is cut off mega huge than the guy sitting down there lol,....

Totchikins
06-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Xian Pu: Thank you. =)

akachan: Mirroring, wha', wha'..? I'm sorry. I don't know what you mean. XD *feels so noobish* |: And thank you for the compliment. =D

escaflownemoon: Big contrast, huh? I guess it sortta symbolizes how Shikamaru is really just a layabout. Being a ninja isn't really important to him, yet still a large part of his life, since it IS his career. =P I also tried to keep it somewhat simple, since Shika is a very simple guy. Lots of fancy stuff wouldn't really suit him. Not saying you're telling me to add that, I just... talk too much when I'm nervous... ._.

Thank you, everyone, for your input.

escaflownemoon
06-17-2004, 02:01 PM
nervous about what? lol we ppl here don't really bite unless you ask for really hardcore critism...I can't even spell...^^

WeyrDragon
06-17-2004, 02:14 PM
i think what akachan means, is that most people have their icons on the left side of their desktop, so if you were to mirror or "reverse" the wall paper, so that the main character would be on the right side, it wouldnt be blocked by icons.

I only think thats what she means though...

Totchikins
06-17-2004, 02:15 PM
I dunno... I'm just a nervous person sometimes, I guess. =P Mostly because I'm new and all...

Anyway, now that I'm using a computer with a better monitor I can see some errors in the coloring... I hope if I fix that in paint it doesn't mess it up. :|

Candy-chan
06-17-2004, 02:16 PM
mirroring by putting the chara to the right instead and text to left and blablabla

but i like it the way it is. only thing is the spiral thingy, could try to put it completely black, to match the text, but thas all

Totchikins
06-17-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 03:14 PM
i think what akachan means, is that most people have their icons on the left side of their desktop, so if you were to mirror or "reverse" the wall paper, so that the main character would be on the right side, it wouldnt be blocked by icons.

I only think thats what she means though...
Ah, okay. I'll think about it. Since I don't have more than maybe three or four icons on my desktop I didn't really think about that much. XD I figured since the only part of the picture obstructed was the clouds it wasn't so bad. That's kinda why I left so much space there. =P

There, I fixed the coloring...

Totchikins
06-17-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Candy-[email protected] 17 2004, 03:16 PM
mirroring by putting the chara to the right instead and text to left and blablabla

but i like it the way it is. only thing is the spiral thingy, could try to put it completely black, to match the text, but thas all
Yeah, it looks good on my monitor (which makes everything darker than it should be), but here it looks too light... I always worry about stuff like that. X_x I'll fix the opacity when I get home. All that's available to me now is paint, and I'd rather wait to fix it than fill that whole thing in with the paint brush. XD

Totchikins
06-17-2004, 08:04 PM
Alright, I fixed the Konoha symbol (leaf/spiraly thing). I edited it a little, cleaned it up and smoothed out the lines a bit. I tried to fix the spots again... If anyone spots brown spots on the parts that should be black, please tell me. I'm back at home, and can't tell on this dang monitor. |:

akachan
06-18-2004, 07:07 AM
yeah man it's better with that spiral ;)
How the other says mirroring is the same that "flip horizontal" :^_^:
like this: d l b :lol: :lol: it's a "d" at the mirror :lol: :lol: :lol: (don't matter, I'm a really crazy girl). I said flipping because althogh we made artistic works
( walling is an art, no matter what others says, we not just put an image on another, we work! B) yeah!)
we make this works generally for other people, and you can't know if they have or not many icons ;) so we always start from"nowrittenrules" and then we can do quite anything.
in this case your work is neat, so u can also leave it as it is users would flip themselves, maybe. But the problem comes when you put a text...like here, users can't flip it because they would flip also text :)
Don't be scared! we don't eat anyone, expecially when THAT anyone makes beautiful works! :D