PDA

View Full Version : Is AnimeForum dying?

Kaleohano
09-21-2012, 08:35 AM
I've noticed three big things lately;
1. New members often don't stick around for more than a day
2. Senior members are no longer very active.
3. Bots are having an absolute heyday on the site.

so does anyone else think that we might be losing our beloved AF?
any ideas on what could be done to save it?

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/3/2/8/2/5/1/noooooo-36682294892.jpeg

OminousCloud
09-21-2012, 09:06 AM
This usually happens this time of the year. It's like mating season or migrating season or something, people suddenly discover they have lives... she'll be right mate. Also, I CPR AF every day... it's ok, I got this.

http://yasashiisekai.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/cpr-2.jpg

Jozette
09-21-2012, 09:20 AM
Kale you haven't been posting T_T

blueangel06661
09-21-2012, 10:15 AM
Well for starters you've only been here for a year, so you haven't quite been able to notice the pattern. AF now is NOTHING like AF then. AF then was BOOMING!!!! Now it's just a declining slope of "meh"ness.... Like seriously anyone remember our member "Baka" Who strutted pink and hello kitty? xD

And yes this is a form of "mating season" I know in the past this is when I'd leave for a few months and return in spring/summer when I was sitting home bored all day. Of course I can't do that now =P

Also the thread topics in the forums have been pretty boring, no sort of fire that I can jump into lately :/ I miss the days when silly newbs would get so upset at the things I said. Ahhhhh those were THE days.

Redpanda
09-21-2012, 11:21 AM
It's dead.

Get the AED, quick!

Kaleohano
09-21-2012, 11:24 AM
This usually happens this time of the year. It's like mating season or migrating season or something, people suddenly discover they have lives... she'll be right mate. Also, I CPR AF every day... it's ok, I got this.

soooo if i start to die would you CPR me every day to? :D

AshureeChan
09-21-2012, 11:26 AM
All forums do this... It's like summer is the "Hey let's post non stop because we have no lives" then after that it goes back to being blahhh until a holiday break or something comes around. Stick with it and post exciting threads! lol

Kaleohano
09-21-2012, 11:38 AM
Kale you haven't been posting T_T

well, i just got back to the states. Not being on vacation anymore and getting settled in makes it difficult to post. Also, in about a week, i'll be leaving for about two and a half months for specialized training.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Also the thread topics in the forums have been pretty boring, no sort of fire that I can jump into lately :/ I miss the days when silly newbs would get so upset at the things I said. Ahhhhh those were THE days.

Piss off the noobs. Got it! :)

Ayu 「あゆ」
09-21-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't think AF is dead. Every time I check the forum here, there have been a lot of posts. And I myself post quite a bit here too

Albear
09-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Of course it's mating season. I'm here tryin' to mate with PinkGalaxies and she keeps telling complicated things that probably translates to "go screw yo-self in the middle of a pride of lions at the safari, you stupid mofo" .... or something along those lines. /Forever alone

In all seriousness, I think AF isn't dying at all bro. The post count is down, but that is only a small factor regarding the traffic AF experiences everyday. There are always hundreds of visitors and decent amount of regulars coming on AF.
I don't know about the rest of the members, but if mah cake buddeh leaves, I to, will go.

Chigumi
09-21-2012, 03:20 PM
*uses CPR*

SuXrys
09-21-2012, 03:41 PM
*uses CPR*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96vvSvdl5BU

hohohoho~

Eris
09-21-2012, 03:53 PM
AF has been "dying" more times than I can count.

Nothing new under the sun.

Well for starters you've only been here for a year, so you haven't quite been able to notice the pattern. AF now is NOTHING like AF then. AF then was BOOMING!!!! Now it's just a declining slope of "meh"ness.... Like seriously anyone remember our member "Baka" Who strutted pink and hello kitty? xD

And yes this is a form of "mating season" I know in the past this is when I'd leave for a few months and return in spring/summer when I was sitting home bored all day. Of course I can't do that now =P

Dude. Back then, AF had already died a couple of times.

Once, way back, it literally died. It went dead for almost a year. Was horrible. Squirrel loose in the server room, if I remember correctly.

Syndicate
09-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I've noticed it. Tho its affected me too I'm barely on. :o

Miss Moonlight
09-21-2012, 04:06 PM
I've noticed three big things lately;
1. New members often don't stick around for more than a day
2. Senior members are no longer very active.
3. Bots are having an absolute heyday on the site.

so does anyone else think that we might be losing our beloved AF?
any ideas on what could be done to save it?

It's been on life support for quite some time now.

That's okay ... it can regenerate?

aether
09-21-2012, 04:59 PM
People are heading back to school/college/university and/or people are starting a new job meaning that they don't have as much time I for one is busy with getting stuff sorted for university year 2

Jozette
09-21-2012, 05:15 PM
well, i just got back to the states. Not being on vacation anymore and getting settled in makes it difficult to post. Also, in about a week, i'll be leaving for about two and a half months for specialized training.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Piss off the noobs. Got it! :)
NO harrasing my new subjects!

Souhi
09-21-2012, 05:37 PM
I've seen the old, "AF is dead" thing more times than I can count. Activity wanes now and then but it's no worse than any other time I can recall.

PinkGalaxies
09-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Of course it's mating season. I'm here tryin' to mate with PinkGalaxies and she keeps telling complicated things that probably translates to "go screw yo-self in the middle of a pride of lions at the safari, you stupid mofo" .... or something along those lines. /Forever alone

In all seriousness, I think AF isn't dying at all bro. The post count is down, but that is only a small factor regarding the traffic AF experiences everyday. There are always hundreds of visitors and decent amount of regulars coming on AF.
I don't know about the rest of the members, but if mah cake buddeh leaves, I to, will go.

Indeed. :P

AshureeChan
09-21-2012, 06:56 PM

-Harass harass harass- lol

Jozette
09-21-2012, 06:58 PM
-Harass harass harass- lol

RAWR you too T_T

Dr. Evil
09-21-2012, 07:03 PM
As many others have said, the activity here waxes and wanes, just like the moon. However, it has been a little slow lately. It will pick up, just give it time. But, just in case.......

http://manscreed.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/live-damn-you-live.jpg

GameGeeks
09-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Dead and buried. Stick a fork in it done. Time to move along. Nothing to see here people.

http://4chanmotivators.com/plog-content/thumbs/4chan/motivators/large/125-nothing-to-see-here-move-along.jpg

Ayu 「あゆ」
09-21-2012, 08:18 PM
That puppy is too cute! We need for awesome CPR pics to revive AF! :groupwave

Jozette
09-21-2012, 08:23 PM
REVIVAL POWERS! goooo!!

DeathBlade/13.666
09-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Eris is right. AF is always in a flux of activity and no activity. Kinda like the tide. But the true testiment that AF is alive is that y'all are still here and still talking. Thus not dead, though may be on life support.

CrimsonMoon
09-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Meh, it's always been like this. There are times when the forum is barely alive, then it picks up again early month in the next year. Besides when there aren't interesting topic, people won't post anyway.

Princess Cupcake
09-21-2012, 10:34 PM

Don't worry! I'm not going anywhere! I've been with AF too long to abandon it now, dead or alive. The activity will continue to fluctuate and although this forum isn't exactly booming, it would be nice if more people would stick around for good like me. Even I have left once before, but I've decided to stay since returning. It's just not something you can control, really. Interests can fade as fast as they spark.

Kaleohano
09-21-2012, 11:01 PM

i will question them about boobis n' such :)

Jozette
09-21-2012, 11:02 PM
i will question them about boobis n' such :)

OH GAWD kale XD u cilly goose

Kaleohano
09-21-2012, 11:09 PM
OH GAWD kale XD u cilly goose

i'm a boss

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/c22.0.403.403/p403x403/320436_205636872899809_230678380_n.jpg

OminousCloud
09-22-2012, 05:57 AM
soooo if i start to die would you CPR me every day to? :D

Dunno... maybe.

Kaleohano
09-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Dunno... maybe.

i'll take that as a yes :)

marvelangga
09-22-2012, 08:51 AM
Hmmm....

Bulf
09-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Even if AF dies, IT SHALL LIVE ON IN OUR HEARTS AND MINDS! FOR WE ARE ONE! DA WORLD AINT READY 4 US! #swag #yolo

Bamboobowl
09-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Even if AF dies, IT SHALL LIVE ON IN OUR HEARTS AND MINDS! FOR WE ARE ONE! DA WORLD AINT READY 4 US! #swag #yolo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPHCThqqt0s&feature=related
Always and forever.~

Sadrith
09-23-2012, 07:18 PM
From what I've seen and I've only been here sense july it seems like business as usual like a new over hall could be used but generally only one in like 100 members will stay more then a few days

SigmaSD
09-23-2012, 07:26 PM
It already died and went to hell. The bots are actually the devil's minion's, frolicking about and causing mayhem. Same with grammar nazis.

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Dying?

It's already dead, lol

luz~
09-25-2012, 07:55 AM
I agree with BlueAngel, AF used to be booming with life, then slowly people started coming less and less. Im in college now lol college is booming with parties. But if AF was back to the way it was where at night up to 200 users would show up every night i'd come back and do the whole every other day thing for a month...Maybe.

Light Buster
09-25-2012, 10:28 AM
AF has activity one day and none the next. I'm surprised that it hasn't died yet, seeing as that I have been here for at least 6 years now?

Nephthys
09-26-2012, 05:44 PM
Cant be dead, Eris is still here. And shes as senior as senior member can get. .... granny.

Kingdom
09-26-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm new here and there is already talks of this site dying? Better start posting then.

Velvet_Nightmare
09-26-2012, 11:58 PM
It's been on life support for quite some time now.

That's okay ... it can regenerate?

That, along with your Dr. Who avatar made me rofl XD

Annie Hall
09-27-2012, 01:29 AM
Well it seems to be dying because the people who were around and incredibly active that made the site active have gotten older, taken on more responsibilities, and found less time for the site. However, AF has so many returning members that I don't see it actually kicking the bucket. The site just needs more new members who stick it out and integrate properly. (Meaning that they post a lot and really make a place for themselves in the forum or the chat.)

xcoser
09-27-2012, 01:38 AM
AP is never going to dead anyway, because we are here ^^

Nanobyte
09-27-2012, 02:46 AM
AF's been worse. These days it's pretty lively.

The true members of AF always return, and have a history here. o_o I mean, I already quit twice, but came back... And half a year of hospitalisation didn't stop me from coming back either. I've been here since I was 13, and I still like it here. And as long as the people I love are still around, I don't intend on quitting. ^_^

DOOM!
09-27-2012, 01:31 PM
AF isn't dying, it just sucks!

KageNoNeko
09-28-2012, 02:06 PM
I know what a dead forum looks like because I was on one before was dying. Days and days would past before someone would make a post. I was the only one who would check daily just to see if I could post.

GameGeeks
09-28-2012, 02:49 PM
No, NOW SHUT UP!

marvel_phoenix
09-28-2012, 03:10 PM
Dying?

It's already dead, lol

Yeah, it's kinda been Zombified. :p Just a bunch of stray neurons left. :p

The Ace RailGun
09-29-2012, 12:11 AM
The only reason I'm not posting is because I have a bunch of HomeComming stuff to do and I also have a bunch of Student exchange and collage prep to do as well as FBLA...D*** i'm busy.

Kaleohano
09-29-2012, 03:31 AM
No, NOW SHUT UP!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhXL-rIegrh_vimgBzomT7d2W7tUlH_MLsPWACVHlZ7J0kUZ3B

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlfpEtacknK4UvOMzVvI5cMuul6jpsq IHl08JlUNWIJwpP1sf5

now,

http://swiftor.com/attachments/f24/14361d1343630998t-girl-gamers-unite-archer-danger-zone-meme-generator-get-back-kitchen-9df86e.jpg

Ranshiin
09-29-2012, 06:56 AM
Yeah, it's kinda been Zombified.
bbrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnss ..................

:L

kisses2
09-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Honestly, even over time, i have not seen it as good as it once was back in the day. I remember when the site had almost up to 1,000 people logged in at one time and the chat alone had about 50. It's not like that anymore and hasn't been for awhile. It's really upsetting... However, there isn't much you can do about it. Other then let people discover AF and like it for themselves or leave. The people aren't even as joyful as they once were to be on here. It's sad really...

OminousCloud
10-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Honestly, even over time, i have not seen it as good as it once was back in the day. I remember when the site had almost up to 1,000 people logged in at one time and the chat alone had about 50. It's not like that anymore and hasn't been for awhile. It's really upsetting... However, there isn't much you can do about it. Other then let people discover AF and like it for themselves or leave. The people aren't even as joyful as they once were to be on here. It's sad really...

All those people were anime hipsters! They only liked anime because not many people outside of Japan knew what anime was, now that more people have become exposed to it, they've left to find other obscurity like squirrels doing tax returns. Fraking hipsters.

Executioner
10-01-2012, 10:31 AM
That why I always said this site should join up with a more active fourm like animetric or christian anime aliance (as they would be happy to) but NO KAITO ACE does not want to ............ so let this site die naturaully ............ and the pg-13 age rating on this site is also holding this site down Amoung MANY other things.

Hanamaru Kunikida
10-01-2012, 07:11 PM
That why I always said this site should join up with a more active fourm like animetric or christian anime aliance (as they would be happy to) but NO KAITO ACE does not want to ............ so let this site die naturaully ............ and the pg-13 age rating on this site is also holding this site down Amoung MANY other things.

Merging forums is a double-edged sword move, you know that right?

And I think most of us would disagree on just joining up some foreign forum with probably a totally different environment.

Kaleohano
10-01-2012, 08:00 PM
and the pg-13 age rating on this site is also holding this site down Amoung MANY other things.

sorry that we're a group thats not really all that interested in looking at a terrible story line that desperately tries to make sense as to why an animated twat is getting wrecked by some kind of giant squid monster thingy that wants to take over the world but has to take care of this one chick first.

you do have some kind of opinion on this though, so how about elaborating on these "Many" things?
i'd very much like to hear them.