PDA

View Full Version : I agree!

OminousCloud
09-15-2012, 03:35 AM
Do you read the Terms and Conditions before signing up for something, do you read them after, or do you even read them at all?

✞GrimStride✞
09-15-2012, 04:17 AM
If it's something online related such as term and conditions for a game or a registration on a website , i never read those annoying walls of text . I keep my anonymity so that nothing can affect me even if i breach the conditions i didn't read about .

IRL i always read a document before i put my signature on it but i guess that's just common sense .

ZombieWolf2508
09-15-2012, 04:23 AM
Only if it's something important.

(_YvOnSo_)
09-15-2012, 05:39 AM
Usually on random forums I need a membership on to do a certain task, I ignore it, but if it's some sort of website that I'm unfamiliar with and kinda nervous about, I will skim through it in case there's some sort of scam or spyware involved. Also, ones that only ask you to put down e-mail's down (ad's and whatnot) I usually check just in case there's some sort of catch involved with the advertisement.

But mostly, I usually ignore them.

blueangel06661
09-15-2012, 06:09 AM
Uh lets think about that.......... NO!

Seriously, if I sat through and read the new terms of agreement for the PS3 every time it does an update it'd take a few days. I scrolled through it once and it took a really long time to reach the bottom. If they wouldn't make them so long, perhaps I'd read them. But otherwise I ignore and hope I don't get screwed over later.

Kasumi_01
09-15-2012, 06:13 AM
Nope, TL;DR

ms.Purdy
09-15-2012, 06:13 AM
of course i do i hate how they put directions on cereal boxes now thats just sad and stupid

Kaleohano
09-15-2012, 06:25 AM
lol hell naw. i have never once read the terms and conditions on anything other than the stuff i sign(ed) for the military.

DOOM!
09-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Never do, but it's either "I Agree" or you can't install the software.

IRL, they make these freakin ten-page long contracts, written in small text, and everything it says is written in "legaleese". I know hundreds of medical terms, punctuation rules and logic of sentence forming, but that crap they write makes no sense whatsoever. You'll always need a lawyer to translate them. Here in the EU, there are no Kaiser-Fleisch readability standards; the bastards are counting on that and they always try to screw you over.
But it's a good thing the fist still has a thing to say against a pencilneck office employee.

Nanobyte
09-15-2012, 09:24 AM
Nope. I don't bother. As Doom said, if they screw you over badly, the judge will probably help you out. No ordinary people are able to read that, and companies aren't allowed to "assume" their customers read the entire terms and conditions.

Meenah
09-15-2012, 11:00 AM
Nope, I don't at all. :/

FatalEnd21
09-15-2012, 12:33 PM
I very rarely ever do read them.

Assiduous✡Aristocrat
09-15-2012, 03:04 PM
I skim over it.

ChibiLovett
09-15-2012, 08:48 PM
I never have and I highly doubt I ever will.

OminousCloud
09-15-2012, 09:11 PM
The responses so far aren't really surprising, in fact they're right on what I was expecting. Personally, no matter if it's online or offline I always read the TOS/PDS and other relevant documents. I like to know what I'm agreeing to and how they'll use whatever information I give them.

Karirie
09-15-2012, 10:59 PM
I tried reading it once on a website I joined a while back, but I didn't understand a single word it said. So now I don't even read it at all.

KyouFalls
09-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Nope, Never in my life. If it's something important in real life, Then i take my time to read it.

T-Stew
09-16-2012, 12:33 AM
Most of it is legal jargon that you'd have to hire a translator to understand sometimes! And some that I have read... After reading it I would be forced to check no I don't agree because, well, I definitely don't agree to what they usually say. :badrazz:
So anymore I skip that crap. Ignorance is bliss. :happy:
Well unless I am buying a house or car, etc. But I'm just referring to software type stuff.

CrimsonMoon
09-17-2012, 03:11 AM
I tried, but I was always too lazy to read, so I don't bother anymore.

Zainox
09-17-2012, 03:49 AM
I don't read it unless I think it's important. Even then it's a quick skim through.

marvelangga
09-17-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm surprised that people who read them exist. I never read them even once.

RyuTama
09-17-2012, 05:37 AM
If it's something concerning employment or school, then I'll skim over it. For everything else... meh.

I also recall someone messing around with their T&C, to see how many people actually read them. Wasn't it iTunes or Quicktime that had some silly hidden lines in their T&Cs?