PDA

View Full Version : Shakugan no Shana Final - Koubou

Rei
09-06-2012, 07:14 AM
I don't know if I should transliterate this or not, since the official lyrics just came out on kasi-time (not sure when the song was first released), but the current translit (http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/shana3/koubou.htm) is looking pretty darn inaccurate to me. .__.

Kanji from Kasi-time:
少し笑って街を眺めた
遥か記憶
風に吹かれて 髪が微か(頬を撫でる

遠回りして手に入れたのは 一つの鍵
痛みは強さ 時間は思い出に変わる時
扉を開けた

shine 朝日がさす 僕が見ているのは未来
fine 手を差し出す君は 僕を照らす光

雨に打たれた冷えた体で寄せ合った夢
夢見る事も過ちのような気がした宵
僕らに夜明け

rise 朝日昇る 伏せた目をもう一度上げて
eyes 瞳映す 君の核心を見つめたい
shine 朝日がさす 僕が見ているのは未来
fine 手を差し出す君は 僕を照らす光

「一人きり」そう言い捨て困らせた
この両手に余るほど抱えて

fight 旅立つ朝 あの日背伸びしてた肩に
bright 小さな手を掛けて 同じ空見上げた

shine 朝日がさす 僕が見ているのは未来
fine 手を差し出す君は 僕を照らす光
ray 君と歩く光 ray この想いを歌おう

la lalalalalala lalala…

animeyay
09-06-2012, 07:41 AM
:x the current version is pretty inaccurate, so I guess you can go ahead and put up your version (either here or via a PM)

Rei
09-06-2012, 08:15 AM
I'll just put it up here. ^_^

Lyrics by Kawada Mami
Composed and Arranged by Ozaki Takeshi and Nakazawa Tomoyuki
Performed by Kawada Mami

Sukoshi waratte machi o nagameta
Haruka kioku
Kaze ni fukarete kami ga kasuka ni hoho o naderu

Toomawari shite te ni ireta no wa hitotsu no kagi
Itami wa tsuyosa jikan wa omoide ni kawaru toki
Tobira wo aketa

shine asahi ga sasu boku ga miteiru no wa mirai
fine te o sashidasu kimi wa boku o terasu hikari

Ame ni utareta hieta karada de yoseatta yume
Yumemiru koto mo ayamachi no you na kigashita yoi
Bokura ni yoake

rise asahi noboru fuseta me o mou ichido agete
eyes hitomi utsusu kimi no kakushin o mitsumetai

"Hitorikiri" sou ii sute komaraseta
Kono ryoute ni amaru hodo kakaete

fight tabidatsu asa ano hi senobi shiteta kata ni
bright chiisana te o kakete onaji sora miageta

ray kimi to aruku hikari ray kono omoi o utaou

la lalalalalala lalala...

I was gonna talk about how similar to Gendou's TV-size lyrics their kanji looked, but it's different. And Gendou's version looks uber messy, having gotten theirs from the SNS wikia (lol).

animeyay
09-06-2012, 08:21 AM
just you watch though, it's a matter of time now when your translit will appear on gendou... x_x

Rei
09-06-2012, 09:02 AM
And slightly edited like Kimi ni Matsuwaru no Mystery so that they don't have to credit me? lol xD I swear that's happened at least a few times~

animeyay
09-06-2012, 09:27 AM
that's happened at least a few thousand times~
fix'd :P

Rei
09-06-2012, 09:58 AM
D:

But yeah, I swear. Sometimes they just take my translit, change the 'wo's to 'o's as per their transliteration 'rules', and refuse to credit me. They're dicks. :/ I used to change them but I'm too lazy to even check their site nowadays. (oops, language).

animeyay
09-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Haha yea, same here. I stopped checking gendou or sweetslyrics now because they are both thieves not worthy getting myself worked up for lol

EJTranslations
09-07-2012, 09:40 AM
The guy who runs Gendou has always been a gigantic jerk, so it's not surprising if his site's policies reflect that. Were either of you here back when he came storming in here and raised a huge fuss because, I think, the name he was credited under for the one translation he'd submitted here wasn't the one he wanted to be credited under? And then I think it turned out that was because it was the name he had put in his profile when he signed up, so his fault and not really under anyone else's control? I never had a very high opinion of him after that (it didn't help that the translation in question was terrible and clearly done from the also-inaccurate romaji without reference to the kanji).

A bunch of my translations were up uncredited on his site Back In The Day (tm), no idea if they're still there. But what can you do, really? You can't put anything on the internet these days and expect to control where it ends up.

Rei
10-27-2012, 11:24 PM
bluepenguin No, I don't think we were. (I first joined in 2009 and ani in 2010, I think). I wonder if it's still reflected in the archives...

Yeah, that's true. What, he has multiple accounts here and doesn't allow one person to have two accounts on his site? He deleted mine, it's annoying. And yeah, sometimes you'll see google-translated works on their site.

Gendou has always pissed me off. They'll take my romaji and edit it slightly (take wo -> o) to fit their 'rules' (which always change depending on their mood anyway), and then fail to credit me for it. Or they take mine off other sites and credit that other site instead. But yeah, you're right. That's why I completely ignore their site nowadays.