PDA

View Full Version : Epic Fantasy Series?

Rainguardian
08-24-2012, 04:31 AM
I plan reading The Way of the Kings by Brandon Sanderson which I've heard is amazing can anyone tell me your experience with it if you read it. I was also wandering if anyone has read any other Epic Fantasy series that they loved like maybe Mistborn any sort of fantasy series revolving around mostly Adult Fiction and I'm talking older level reading not a series that is meant for a high schooler :p

PinkGalaxies
09-09-2012, 11:25 AM
I really enjoyed the Vampirates series. I'm not a high school student, and I enjoy it. I guess it depends on your taste in books. I was never given anything cool to read in high school. It was always the Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, etc.

Blackwaltz
11-01-2012, 03:51 AM
If ever there was an Epic Fantasy series it was The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (and then with Brandon Sanderson himself after Jordan passed). 12 books are in the series I believe. Also these aren't "epic" series' in the sense that it spans over five books but The Night Angel trilogy by Brent Weeks and the Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfuss. Only two books are out in the Kingkiller Chronicles but they are so so good and the next one should be coming out next year.

CrimsonMoon
11-05-2012, 08:23 AM
For me, Harry Potter, at the risk of sounding too stereotypical, but it's really good. Then Artemis Fowl, which I like very much. Try reading Septimus Heap, my sister is a fan, though I've never read it myself.