PDA

View Full Version : She Kicks Really High

Xian Pu
06-10-2004, 07:19 AM
No nudity, just a really obvious panty shot on Kasumi. From DOA FYI. ^_^

Erm, not much to say about this other than it was inspired by the American XBox comercial.

MistressPookyChan
06-10-2004, 12:04 PM
you're right, she does kick high!

Just a couple comments. First, I think that the background color doesn't go with the char. How about red or light grey for starters? Second, I'm not too fond of the text. I think that, to go with the background, it should be less curvy. Maybe something basic like Ariel? Also, try making the text a bit smaller. the image itself takes up a ton of space and it competing against the text; you want them to work together.

keep up the good work!

Xian Pu
06-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Better?

Seyia
06-10-2004, 12:28 PM
looks good but wierd. Ecchi??

MistressPookyChan
06-10-2004, 12:31 PM
the color fits better as does the text. I would put all the text on one line though and maybe move it down a bit. Also, how about playing around with it? maybe like using a soft glow or copy the text, increase it's size, and make it more transparent.

Xian Pu
06-10-2004, 12:36 PM
Like dis?

_hades the wicked
06-10-2004, 01:04 PM
FYI, ecchi is nudity, so that is not ecchi

And I like the last version =)

Cyberhunter
06-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Since when has ecchi been nudity?

"The word "ecchi" is etymologically derived from the Japanese pronunciation of the letter "H", the first letter of the word "hentai" (and is often written as such). In modern Japanese, the word is predominantly "sexual" in nature (akin to the English words "dirty" or "naughty"), carrying slightly negative connotations, but not necessarily "perverted" (which is usually reserved for the word "hentai")."
- http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Ecchi

hmm dirty or naughty... kinda like a giant panty shot....

MistressPookyChan
06-10-2004, 02:11 PM
ecchi has a variety of meanings, therefore I have requested people to say away from using it and instead describe why it could be considered ecchi or perverted. XianPu did that, so I can't complain. :) But yeah, ecchi isnt just nudity, so thanks for the definition.

now, back to talking about the wallpaper!!

haruko
06-10-2004, 02:11 PM
oh dear lord not another sidebar to distract people from the wallpaper. hey i got a good idea! mabey Ace or a Mod could post a topic defining Ecchi, hentai, and nudity, and make it a sticky topic at the top of the forum so there wont be anymore post like this in someones topic where there trying to get feedback!

on to the wallpaper! i am a fan of your wall's xian and this one shows why. i really like how you have taken the charicter on the right side of the wall and made the texture start dark by her and lighten out accross the page. the colors are also really nice you chose them well. the last version posted i think is the best. good job! :^_^:

Foxxer
06-10-2004, 04:42 PM
My recommendations:

- Rotate the "She Kicks Really High" text a quarter-circle counterclockwise to put it on a vertical line, from bottom to top. Then feel free to stretch it so it fills more of the vertical height of the wallpaper. That would help emphasize the 'really high' kick.

- I don't like the shadow behind the words, but I think the character needs a little bit of a faint shadow behind her, to set her apart from the background.

- The background might be a little *too* close to her color... try making more orangey, or else just a touch more purpley? Or even grey...

Doodle Bug
06-10-2004, 10:15 PM
i like what you've done with it so far..my only comment is to take out the "she kicks high" text and put in her name

Xian Pu
06-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Okay, somebody said something about changing the BG to a purplish color-- done. Someone else said something about getting rid of the She Kicks Really High (Which was kinda the point of the paper) and replace it with her name-- done. See? I aim to please. :P

Doodle Bug
06-10-2004, 11:12 PM
i like it like that..looks nice

MistressPookyChan
06-10-2004, 11:30 PM
I liked the redish background better and the text is still a bit boring to me, but getting better! how about... lines? boxes? something around the text... it looks too separate from the rest of the wallpaper; too out of place.

As for the hentai/ecchi/whatever issue: if any of you had bothered to read the rules of the forum (grr) you'd notice that I ask ya'll not to use ecchi or hentai because of the disagreements in what they mean and because not everyone knows japanese culture enough to know their meaning. Instead, I ask that you describe why it would be considered ecchi/hentai. XianPu followed the rules and did exactly that. If you want to discuss this further, start a new thread. Anymore discussions about this issue in this thread will be deleted.

Sorry for using your wallpaper thread to make my point XianPu *bows*

_hades the wicked
06-10-2004, 11:36 PM
Last one much better =)
I like it

omicron_15
06-11-2004, 05:34 AM
nj, I think the red looks the best so if you could make a red version with a played up txt that says kasumi that would be great.

wizz-o-matic
06-11-2004, 06:34 AM
Hm, agree with omicron, I kinda like better the red version.

Xian Pu
06-11-2004, 11:39 AM
Red version with Kasumi. ^_^

Hawkeye
06-11-2004, 04:11 PM
i love it...nothing more should be done to it ( in my opinion )

escaflownemoon
06-11-2004, 06:00 PM
It looks nice. Just one thing from me is that her hair in general is a bit grainy but other than that it looks good. :) I think you don't need to recolour it in order to fix the graininess..smart blur would help I think.