PDA

View Full Version : Serious Talk?

Rainguardian
08-13-2012, 11:13 PM
What is the point of the "serious talk" sub forum? It's never had a single post in it and I've been told it's been there for years or a while at least. Why do they still have it up if they won't even let anyone use it? I would just remove it just seems like a waste to leave it there and not let anyone use it or have access too it. I honestly feel a sub forum like that would be beneficial for people who need advice on maybe depression or things that might be bothering them just more of an advice seeker really and I suppose you could post things like that in the miscellaneous section but I would be afraid of being judged by the community and also sharing personal information about myself would bother me as well unless I knew I was posting it in the appropriate forum or sub forum and just based on what I see in the miscellaneous thread I'm not sure sensitive topics would be welcomed so I feel that the "Serious Talk" thread should be opened to everyone as it would be nice in my opinion. I also am sure this has been asked before but I was just curious as to why it's there but nobody is allowed to use it and feel free to shut this down after my question has been answered unless it honestly just doesn't bother anyone in which case feel free to discuss I suppose.

PS: I also noticed you can enter if you PURCHASE a ticket so I'm guessing it's a way to make money for the site? but I'm curious as to who would purchase a ticket for the sole purpose of entering that sub forum I mean shouldn't it just be free? and why isn't it free? I'm just not sure why there is so much security placed around that one particular sub forum when I've seen worse stuff posted in other sections of the forum even though I know it's for more serious matters I've seen people post topics about serious matters that tend to be ignored or laughed at so what is the difference? I can see it being locked if it's only meant for people who are actually serious about purchasing a ticket which I have a feeling isn't many since who would go out of there way to spend money on the privilege to enter one sub forum? and secondly I wouldn't think you would make much money from that idea unless you knew you would be having lots of takers just overall it seems like it would do more good to be opened to everyone that opened to some or those that are willing to pay I've never really heard of a forum CHARGING for entrance into a certain sub forum which is strange but I can see why it's being done and at the same time I can't? Either way I was just curious and I'm sure i'm coming off as upset but i'm not more like confused and frustrated over why it was done in the first place.

Yuuchun
08-13-2012, 11:52 PM
To purchase a ticket into the Serious Talk forum is not via actual money but forum "money" aka Gils as it can be seen under your avatar. To earn gils you simply have to be active in the forum...

Archaic Devices
08-14-2012, 12:14 AM
There has been posts in it actually.

Hakoshi
08-14-2012, 12:29 AM
I wonder... have the posts been serious like it says?

weird curious question lol

Sadrith
08-14-2012, 12:47 AM
Lol that's what I'm saving my points for.

aether
08-14-2012, 02:44 AM
In all honesty the serious section doesn't get used very often I'll agree with that

RyuTama
08-14-2012, 04:41 AM
No no no, Rainguardian, the Serious Talk ticket is purchased at the AF Shop (http://www.animeforum.com/vbshop.php) (under the Forum Permissions section) with the virtual gil you receive from posting in the forum, playing Blackjack in the chatroom, and donations from other members. It shows 0 threads and 0 posts to members without access, simply because it is, as it says in the section info, a private forum. There are many mature and potentially offensive topics that would probably be considered inappropriate for the public forum, and the high price (2mil gil, I think?) is to make it difficult for trolls and other immature members from accessing it.

Although since threads and posts are made rarely, it is pretty empty compared to most of the other sections here. Most of the discussions are very interesting though.

Meenah
08-14-2012, 11:18 AM
^This.
Not many people post there anyways, I would add in my own thoughts or opinions there to share on whatever the topic is. :/

Hanamaru Kunikida
08-14-2012, 11:35 AM
Serious Talk section is too serious.

-shrugs-

Explorer Oak
08-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Y so srs?

Thefringedninja
08-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Ooohh...I'm curious as to the subject of these serious convos now! :P

aether
08-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Well it looks as though the section has been cleared and started again as there are only 2 one of which I made

T-Stew
08-15-2012, 08:21 PM
Oh I C... I too thought it wasnt used since it showed 0 posts. Might have to put that forum back on the radar. 2 million gil though?!? I dont know if I'll ever be able to! I didnt even know what that gil was until now, actually lots of things I still dont quite understand how to do. I'm active on well over a dozen forums, and another dozen or two somewhat now and then, and this forum has all sorts of features and things like reps and like and gifts which I havent seen in many other forums, and some I'm still not sure how to do or use.