PDA

View Full Version : Searching for an anime kind of like....

FstSergeant8595
07-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Elfen Lied ish.... Let me go into more detail:

I'm looking for one that is kind of depressing and dark, to put it in perspective, one that is like the part in Elfen Lied (clearly you would have to have seen the show) where it does the whole flashback of Kouta and Lucy's past. I absolutely LOVE that part of the show because she is so distraught and hurt by the feelings of others towards her, but yet Kouta finds her and he proves that there are others out there that actually are nice to other people (then she kills his sister and dad, but WHATEVER) That is the type of anime I am looking for. Kind of a romance anime... It is ok if it has nudity, but I don't want it to have sex or anything. It also has to have a plot besides the romance (like Elfen Lied).

IN MORE SIMPLISTIC TERMS, an anime that has a message behind it and an overall theme that the creators are trying to get across.

This may seem super specific since I practically defined Elfen Lied, but there has to be others out there like it.... right?

Eleke
07-29-2012, 09:12 PM
This Ugly Yet Beautiful World is kind of like that, especially towards the end. Likewise Evangelion, which shares a lot of similar themes.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica is really incredibly dark, magical girl themes notwithstanding.

Grave of the Fireflies sounds pretty close to what you're saying, as well. I have to warn you though - a lot of people found it brazenly manipulative, so it's pretty hit-or-miss I suppose. It's still very dark and heartrending, but it's made more to BE dark and heartrending, rather than the story makes it so. I'm not too sure that made a lot of sense...

FstSergeant8595
07-30-2012, 11:24 AM
I have already watched all of This Ugly Yet Beautiful World and I hated it lol. Evangelion somebody else had already recommend to me on Omegle so I might check that one out at some point. The other two you recommend I will diffidently research on a little bit. The last one especially sounds interesting based on how you described it haha.

Anyway, thank you for the post I will check some of these out =)

SkyKyz
07-30-2012, 02:48 PM
Guilty Crown has Romance and a bit of darkness and The story is Amazing yet there is also action, it does have a bit of mecha in it but it's still an awesome anime if you haven't seen it yet