PDA

View Full Version : The Hunger Games

MariannaB
07-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Are there any other fans of The Hunger Games out there on this forum? I am a big BIG fan of both the books and the movie and I'm just in a fandom high at the moment because another casting for Catching Fire (Second book/movie) has been announced today!!!

Yay!!!

So, any other THG fans?

GX7
07-17-2012, 05:47 PM
The Catching Fire movie has been announced long before today. But yes I am a Hunger Games fan. I didn't know there were a whole lot of anime fans into THG or even HEARD of it. But that was because the staff at Mecha Talk never heard of it, they're total anime fans and the fact that since they never heard of the Hunger Games it is nothing but crap that nobody has read. Guess the joke's on them now. What with a HUNGER GAMES movie out and coming to DVD in about a month now. I guess you'll have to know what the Hunger Games is about and exactly what it is.

Sorry for ranting but yes I am a big fan of the Hunger Games. Though I am kind of not interested in writing Hunger Games fan fiction anymore.

MariannaB
07-17-2012, 06:01 PM
The Catching Fire movie has been announced long before today. But yes I am a Hunger Games fan. I didn't know there were a whole lot of anime fans into THG or even HEARD of it. But that was because the staff at Mecha Talk never heard of it, they're total anime fans and the fact that since they never heard of the Hunger Games it is nothing but crap that nobody has read. Guess the joke's on them now. What with a HUNGER GAMES movie out and coming to DVD in about a month now. I guess you'll have to know what the Hunger Games is about and exactly what it is.

Sorry for ranting but yes I am a big fan of the Hunger Games. Though I am kind of not interested in writing Hunger Games fan fiction anymore.

Oh I know that the movie has been announced, sorry if I wasn't clear about that. (I don't want to be thought of as some person who has just jumped on the bandwagon because the books got popular) I've been following the fandom since I read the book in 2010. I just meant I'm excited about the newest casting release, which was Wiress. I know she isn't much of a main character or anything but it still makes me happy to be hearing more about the movie coming together. I'm a very hardcore fan.

I used to write a lot of THG fanfiction but I kind of got bored of it as I branched out into reading more Dystopian novels and stuff.

Yay, I'm so glad there is another fan on here. I was kind of sad when I couldn't find a thread about the series.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-18-2012, 06:22 AM
I haven't read any of Hunger Game's books but I'm looking foward to watch the movie as it's seems very interesting! :D (and I guess probably the books are better)

Dreruto
07-18-2012, 09:49 AM
I read all the books just becoz my teacher said they were good. I actually ended up liking the series

threewolves
07-18-2012, 11:02 AM
I have the books, friend of mine sent them to me on my kindle. haven't read them yet, but I liked the movie, and looking forward to the new one.

I figured I would like the movie, since I enjoyed BattleRoyale. :)

MariannaB
07-18-2012, 05:02 PM
I have the books, friend of mine sent them to me on my kindle. haven't read them yet, but I liked the movie, and looking forward to the new one.

I figured I would like the movie, since I enjoyed BattleRoyale. :)

Well I'm glad you're keeping an open mind, about BattleyRoyale. So many people refuse to watch or read The Hunger Games because they think it is a knockoff. I know that there are many similar elements but the concept that makes up both of them is something that has appeared in books/manga/movies/anime for a long time.

I haven't read any of Hunger Game's books but I'm looking foward to watch the movie as it's seems very interesting! :D (and I guess probably the books are better)

I try and think of them as two seperate things and they are both great!!

I read all the books just becoz my teacher said they were good. I actually ended up liking the series

That happened to one of my friends. I on the other hand just got bugged and bugged by my best friend until I finally read them.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-18-2012, 05:07 PM
I try and think of them as two seperate things and they are both great!!

Thanks, I'll try to have a look of the books as well! :)

MariannaB
07-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks, I'll try to have a look of the books as well! :)

Well they are very good :) But like I said, the movie is good too :) :)

Elphaba
07-18-2012, 05:30 PM
I am a huge hunger games fan. I just love the way it's written. Actually when I first started readin I didn't think I would like it but I was so wrong. The movie was amazing and I think they did a very good job in making a movie out of it.

I don't usually like to read book series but I just loved the hunger games. :]

threewolves
07-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Yep agree, MariannaB, its not like BattleRoyale was the first to come up with the concept. I enjoyed both. If I just want slaughter, its BattleRoyale, the actual story is there, but not that in depth, The Hunger Games series has a lot more intriguing story line behind it.

Plus, the second movie for Hunger Games has to be better than the second movie for BattleRoyale. :)

MariannaB
07-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Yep agree, MariannaB, its not like BattleRoyale was the first to come up with the concept. I enjoyed both. If I just want slaughter, its BattleRoyale, the actual story is there, but not that in depth, The Hunger Games series has a lot more intriguing story line behind it.

Plus, the second movie for Hunger Games has to be better than the second movie for BattleRoyale. :)

I heard that the second movie was a complete fail and it didn't look too good based on what I looked up. I think the second Hunger Games movie will be really good as the people working on the movies just kind of 'get it'. They're really in tune with what the author wants and how the book can best be translated on screen.

threewolves
07-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Yep, totally agree with you. Should be really good, and I am liking some of the new cast they have for the second one.

MariannaB
07-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Yep, totally agree with you. Should be really good, and I am liking some of the new cast they have for the second one.

It was really interesting when they were casting the first movie. Even if they just cast a minor character it is BIG news and the fans like me care so much even if they don't do anything substantial in the movie apart from dying and things like that.

Jacob's Ladder
07-18-2012, 09:26 PM
Ha..read all 3 books and saw the movie on opening night. Im curious to see who will play Finnick Odair...but I thought Mila Kunis would make an awesome Johanna Mason...Jenna Malone...could be worse...but I can't see her playing that "victim" role and then going all psycho.

MariannaB
07-18-2012, 09:32 PM
Ha..read all 3 books and saw the movie on opening night. Im curious to see who will play Finnick Odair...but I thought Mila Kunis would make an awesome Johanna Mason...Jenna Malone...could be worse...but I can't see her playing that "victim" role and then going all psycho.

I went to a Midnight Screening :) It was just awesome to be one of the first people in the world (sort of) to see it. I can't wait to know who will play Finnick. I'm kind of interested in Jenna Malone, but then again I've watched Sucker Punch and that kind of sold me on her.

Jozette
07-18-2012, 09:40 PM
know there were a whole lot of anime fans into THG or even HEARD of it. .

think almost everyone who lives in america otaku or not knows. but I love hg FINNNICK <3 <3

GX7
07-18-2012, 09:49 PM
I hope Michelle Rodriquez will get the roll of Enobaria in the film version of Catching Fire. I also admit that I never seen either Battle Royal movies. I now think I will never intend to watch them. Because from what I've been reading here. Is that Battle Royal is one big gore fest. The story is there but it focuses more on the violence. Rather than the story like in Hunger Games.

Jacob's Ladder
07-18-2012, 09:57 PM
I went to a Midnight Screening :) It was just awesome to be one of the first people in the world (sort of) to see it. I can't wait to know who will play Finnick. I'm kind of interested in Jenna Malone, but then again I've watched Sucker Punch and that kind of sold me on her.

Well, Im hoping Garret Hedlund gets the Finnick part. Yeah, saw it Thursday/Friday at midnight too. Have preordered the blu-ray dvd, Gary Ross sucks at editing his movies...so with very little extras its a bit disappointing. Really, interested in how they're doing the new arena.

MariannaB
07-18-2012, 10:51 PM
Well, Im hoping Garret Hedlund gets the Finnick part. Yeah, saw it Thursday/Friday at midnight too. Have preordered the blu-ray dvd, Gary Ross sucks at editing his movies...so with very little extras its a bit disappointing. Really, interested in how they're doing the new arena.

So do I!!! He would be perfect for Finnick. And I can't wait for the arena either. I'm sad that there aren't any deleated scenes or anything, because there was meant to be like a whole 30 minutes cut out of the movie.

Jacob's Ladder
07-18-2012, 11:07 PM
So do I!!! He would be perfect for Finnick. And I can't wait for the arena either. I'm sad that there aren't any deleated scenes or anything, because there was meant to be like a whole 30 minutes cut out of the movie.

Well, Im waiting to see Plutarch played by Philip Seymour Hoffman. I dunno how they are getting these actors, but its going to be good. If you liked H.G. you should try "Insurgent".

KyouFalls
07-19-2012, 04:15 AM
I know you guys are talking about casting and all but, I'm a THG Fan. Read the 1st book and 2nd, Still reading the third. Saw the movie when it came out, Couldn't go to the midnight screening cause i would most likely fall asleep.

MariannaB
07-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Well, Im waiting to see Plutarch played by Philip Seymour Hoffman. I dunno how they are getting these actors, but its going to be good. If you liked H.G. you should try "Insurgent".

Oh my god I love the Divergent/Insurgent series :) That's going to be a movie and is getting released next year. The casting for that should be annouced soon.

susonjoy
07-21-2012, 02:20 AM
I really love the hunger games, which are very interesting because its a American fiction film. The characters. graphics , and the audio used in this film are really amazing where everyone will get attracted to it. I love this and big fan of this hunger games.

GX7
07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
I just checked Mockingjay.Net and Jena Malone has been officially cast as Johanna Mason!

Sankyo Sentina
07-30-2012, 01:11 AM
Did they release this in japan are they? or have they?

Sadrith
07-30-2012, 10:40 AM
Only read the first one and saw the movie missed a lot of small stuff from the book but the movie was good. need to read the second one and third still.

Princess Cupcake
07-30-2012, 12:05 PM
I absolutely adore this book. I just finished reading it about a week ago and I can't wait until I can read the whole series. My manager let me borrow it and when I started to read The Hunger Games, I knew it would be good $h!t from the ending of chapter one. Hopefully today she will have the next two novels ready for me to take home. I tell you, I've been so giddy to get my hands on them that it's driving me crazy. I watched the movie and it was, as expected, not as good, although I did enjoy watching it. If they are making more movies then I greatly anticipate those as well! =]

GX7
07-31-2012, 04:40 AM

Not yet I think.

Suzume
07-31-2012, 05:33 AM
Hunger games!!! Awesome book. I'm currently reading Mockingjay.
I havent watched the movie coz the one i have is of very poor quality.

MariannaB
08-01-2012, 11:51 PM

I know that they are releasing it soon. It's got a Japanese trailer now so the movie shouldn't be too far away from its Japanese release date :)

Hunger games!!! Awesome book. I'm currently reading Mockingjay.
I havent watched the movie coz the one i have is of very poor quality.

I have a copy of the movie that is poor quality as well. I can't wait for the DVD release, which is so soon. August 17th in Aus :) Yeah, I really can't wait!!!

Eggrollx
09-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I've seen the movie. It was pretty good in my opinion. Story line and graphics kept me interested throughout. I have read a similar manga that follows the concept that is portrayed here so it was interesting to see it actually made into a movie. I have not read the book yet but like always I am sure the book is a hundred times better. Maybe one of these days.

Jasmineee
09-08-2012, 04:18 PM
I've seen the movie. It was pretty good in my opinion. Story line and graphics kept me interested throughout. I have read a similar manga that follows the concept that is portrayed here so it was interesting to see it actually made into a movie. I have not read the book yet but like always I am sure the book is a hundred times better. Maybe one of these days.

Are you thinking of Battle Royale? Because when I was reading the Hunger Games the other day and I though the concepts were very similar..:o except I guess Battle Royale is a lot more graphic.. ^-^;

Eggrollx
09-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Are you thinking of Battle Royale? Because when I was reading the Hunger Games the other day and I though the concepts were very similar..:o except I guess Battle Royale is a lot more graphic.. ^-^;

Yessssss. How did you know? Lucky guess, huh? Well I suppose it is pretty obvious. Man Battle Royale would be a R-rated horror film. That would be too gruesome. That's like Hunger Games with Saw/Hostel. Imagine if you were in that kind of setting? Yikes.