PDA

View Full Version : [Multi] Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion Thread

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-16-2012, 10:47 AM
I think it's about time we should have this thread.....

So how do you guys feel about Namco Bandai? Unlike some of those who are against it, I am actually FOR IT because...Namco Bandai is Namco Bandai. *cough* Tekken *cough* Soul Calibur *cough*
So they know what they are doing and besides they need to help too to completely two versions of the game...that being 3DS and WiiU.

Also since NB is co-developing I think will most likely see Pac-Man for sure and maybe some characters from the Tekken/SC or Tales Of games...but I think Pac-man will be in since he was in Mario Kart Arcade GP.

Also vote for what characters you want in...
http://vgtribune.com/smash-poll-2012-semifinals/

If you don't vote for Shulk then you're just silly. He's the best and obvious choice, especially on how well Xenoblade sold. xD

He's the best character to make it in.

Alias-Revolution
07-16-2012, 11:17 AM
I only hope Namco does as well as Hal Labs has with it. SSB just screams Nintendo... and I hope that with the change in staff the game will not lose the Nintendo feel. After all, it's not just the characters and graphics that make the game.

Explorer Oak
07-16-2012, 11:48 AM
I voted for the zelda characters, i can't belive they where only at 8%... I just don't understand...

I realy hope they go overkill with the characters in the next fame, seeing as how they wait for a new platform to release a new SSB game. Somthing like 80 characters would be great. Adding sonic in Brawl was a step in the right direction, they need more classic characters like pacman and megaman. Anyways i will be looking forward to this! ^_^

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-16-2012, 12:13 PM
I only hope Namco does as well as Hal Labs has with it. SSB just screams Nintendo... and I hope that with the change in staff the game will not lose the Nintendo feel. After all, it's not just the characters and graphics that make the game.

You seem to forget that Sakurai is still the director of the game.

Alias-Revolution
07-16-2012, 12:28 PM
I have not forgotten, but being on a sort of design team myself, I know how people can naturally change things even if they're all under the same leadership.

Bulf
07-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Ghirahim? yesplz. I'll take Krom too.
But I think they could've come up with a better list of characters. Dark Samus would be a plus. Though, I think it'd be nice if they replaced Ganondorf with demise, and maybe threw in a younger Ganondorf instead. Replace Sheik with Impa, and give Zelda a proper Down-B. I'll save my rants/hopes about it later.

I really REALLY can't wait for E3 next year. Even if they dont have a trailer (they probably wont even have details about it), It's nice to know it still exists. This time though, I'll have to use a lot of restraint, and NOT spoil all the characters...like I did for Brawl. Surprises yo....I dont think I can do it though.

Edit: WTF Dunsparce?!

Albear
07-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Explorer Oak I like more zelda characters as well, but I don't know if megaman will be in it.

Ranshiin
07-19-2012, 11:42 AM
lolwtf Dunsparce.

Anyways this may well be the only reason I pick up a WiiU so I hope Namco Bandai don't derp on this franchise. Considering that the same main people are developing the game (those Sora guys) as who developed previous games, then I doubt them cocking it up but well, things have happened.

I just hope they don't end up making a Melee clone. I'm all for fast-pace and stuff but the silly things like wavedashing and L-cancelling I can do without. Brawl was good, albeit lacking in combo potential. That said I'm voting on that poll and I'll laugh my arse off if Waluigi becomes an official playable character.

Hanamaru Kunikida
07-19-2012, 04:14 PM
lolwtf Dunsparce.

Anyways this may well be the only reason I pick up a WiiU so I hope Namco Bandai don't derp on this franchise. Considering that the same main people are developing the game (those Sora guys) as who developed previous games, then I doubt them cocking it up but well, things have happened.

I just hope they don't end up making a Melee clone. I'm all for fast-pace and stuff but the silly things like wavedashing and L-cancelling I can do without. Brawl was good, albeit lacking in combo potential. That said I'm voting on that poll and I'll laugh my arse off if Waluigi becomes an official playable character.

I don't see the hate on Waluigi but true, better characters could be added.

As long as Shulk is added then it's all good.

Ranshiin
07-19-2012, 04:41 PM
I actually kinda think Waluigi would be a good character; those character model/moveset swaps in Brawl were kinda interesting.

According to that poll though he won't make it through. Oh well.

Velvet_Nightmare
07-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Skull kid and Megaman pl0x <3

Aulos
07-25-2012, 11:03 AM
I'm a bit worried for this game. Brawl was a huge disappointment to me, and seeing as Sakurai (the director) has already made a comment about how he feels he can't see how he could surpass Brawl... Well, that kills my excitement.

I don't know what to think of the Namco Bandai team-up. All I know is that I can't think of any Namco Bandai characters I want to see, and seeing as they're teamed up at least one character from them has to be inevitably added.

I just want Isaac to be a playable character.

Ranshiin
07-25-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm a bit worried for this game. Brawl was a huge disappointment to me, and seeing as Sakurai (the director) has already made a comment about how he feels he can't see how he could surpass Brawl... Well, that kills my excitement.

I don't know what to think of the Namco Bandai team-up. All I know is that I can't think of any Namco Bandai characters I want to see, and seeing as they're teamed up at least one character from them has to be inevitably added.

I just want Isaac to be a playable character.
Really? I didn't think Brawl was that terrible a game - in its own way it holds up against Melee, although personally I would admit to Melee being the better game. Brawl is just as good in its own way, though - taking out of account the singleplayer, which was heavily cliché and repetitive.

They just need to make something part-way between Brawl and Melee. Cut the crappy storyline for singleplayer and do something decent with it, concentrate more on balancing the multiplayer and making sure there's no retarded bugs or glitches or exploits that often shape the metagames ... add some decent damn characters into it for once ... problem solved.

o_o'

Hanamaru Kunikida
09-08-2014, 10:19 AM
Okay time to bump this thread up.

So late news is that Smash 3DS won't be supporting the Circle Pad Pro. (Because of Amibo)

Nintendo = Microsoft

Galleya
09-08-2014, 04:18 PM
Will there be Cross gaming ? 3DS vs WiiU

Ranshiin
09-08-2014, 05:45 PM
Will there be Cross gaming ? 3DS vs WiiU
No.

The two platforms have different maps, and even if they would only play the maps that are on both consoles, the 3DS has different limitations to the wiiU and would end up likely desyncing a lot for any various reasons.