PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Tower series

Sadrith
07-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Any one else had the chance to read any of the series by Stephen King.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_King)

threewolves
07-09-2012, 12:41 PM
Havent picked them up in years, but yeah, started reading them when they first came out. I enjoyed them, they are on my list to revisit here sometime, since its been awhile, so will be like reading them new again.

Sadrith
07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
I started reading them off and on since middle school and somehow haven't gotten thru the 5th one yet after 2 trys where I just got sidetracked with school.

Saro
09-06-2012, 11:30 AM
I got to Wolves Of Calla, bit that one just Drug on an on an on for me, its defelently something im going to have to revisit, Best book out of that series sofar was Wizards and Glass.

Blackwaltz
10-28-2012, 09:16 AM
Have read all seven and am contemplating reading Wind Through the Keyhole (book 4.5). Rolands journey was a hard one to say the least and the ending left a lot of people upset. I was one of those people in the beginning but with time and contemplation I've found it's really the only one that fits with Rolands character.

Kleio
12-30-2012, 01:35 AM
I'm not sure if I will ever finish it, which is unusual because I will finish a book/series no matter what, but I already know how it ends and I'm not sure if I want to go on the exhausting journey. I made it to like book 3 and I was ready to just chunk the book out of my window. Roland just seems to have a really bad time with things.

ghostthegreat
01-02-2013, 04:44 PM
I'm on Wizards and Glass right now, but I keep running off and reading other things. I really need to finish the series already (but then I will be a little depressed haha)

NorthOfTime
01-14-2013, 10:26 AM
Oh god. This book series took me a good 4 years to start. I would pick up book 1, get distracted, then not read it again for awhile. Last year I finally picked up book one for good. I blew threw it like a freaking mad man. My boss at the time hated it becasue I would spend time I should have been working, reading that back. Well I just finished book 6 (Song of Susannah) about a month ago. I actually like the Wolves of Callah book, and the one that told the story of Roland and his crew as a child, and his first love, I really liked that book (Wizard and the Glass? been awhile can't remember.) I have yet to read book 7 but someone let slip what happened, and I am already highly dissapointed and sad.

GuiltySpark
02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Have all of you who have abandoned Roland forgotten the face of your Father? haha i kid

I loved this series! Im not surprised to see so many people have had difficulty trekking through the 7 part journey (I have yet to read Wind Through the Keyhole) because it is a long and arduous journey. I have even read the short story involving Roland and the vampires in King's Everything's Eventual book. It wasnt a necessary part to the story but interesting nonetheless. I loved the way it was a world within his worlds. Or more precisely his worlds were all within that world. The tower, Ka, and all the characters from his novels made this series very easy for me to read. Im a big fan of Kings earlier work. I would recommend this to anyone interested in Fantasy epic as this series is King's Magnum Opus.

"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."