PDA

View Full Version : What phone OS do you have?

BadBoss
07-06-2012, 02:00 AM
What phone do you have?

I'm a mobile developer, so I'm always curious to see what other people use :P

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android), but I've had an iPhone before.

EDIT: Ooops, just found the same thread in the Computers forum. Sorry!

MVPDJ23
07-06-2012, 02:17 AM
i got an andoid lol

plumpuff
07-06-2012, 06:06 AM
I have an iPhone, so...

Jozette
07-06-2012, 06:13 PM
Iphone

aerophobia
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Android here, iphones are yucky *rubsforeheadtwice*

Nevada-kun
07-06-2012, 10:04 PM
iOS. But soon I'm gonna install Linux on my iPhone, so yeah.

T-Stew
07-07-2012, 02:23 AM
I've got an older windows phone, think its about 5 years old now, maybe 6?. Way way overdue for a new one, but holding on as long as I can. I'll have to upgrade my plan substantially I think to get a new smartphone, as I dont even have data on mine. But I get data wherever I can get free wifi so right now free is good enough for me.

Some 'features' I am used to will be gone with a new phone though. One I am not sure about so maybe y'all with modern stuff can fill me in. I'm looking at getting an android phone. Currently I use a bluetooth headset when I work out and jog and it has controlls built into it to control windows media player (volume, play, pause, next track, rewind, etc). Would this headset be compatable with an android phone and whatever media player they use?

mrpineapple
07-07-2012, 03:18 AM
I've got an older windows phone, think its about 5 years old now, maybe 6?. Way way overdue for a new one, but holding on as long as I can. I'll have to upgrade my plan substantially I think to get a new smartphone, as I dont even have data on mine. But I get data wherever I can get free wifi so right now free is good enough for me.

Some 'features' I am used to will be gone with a new phone though. One I am not sure about so maybe y'all with modern stuff can fill me in. I'm looking at getting an android phone. Currently I use a bluetooth headset when I work out and jog and it has controlls built into it to control windows media player (volume, play, pause, next track, rewind, etc). Would this headset be compatable with an android phone and whatever media player they use?

I know you can get similar headphones for android, but it'd probably be best to try them out on a friend's phone first.

BadBoss
07-07-2012, 06:01 PM

It should be compatible. Though I never tried using bluetooth headset controls with a media player, if your current phone supports that feature, I don't see why a newer phone wouldn't.

PS...hmm I completely forgot to include blackberries as a vote option. I'm terrible at this.

T-Stew
07-08-2012, 06:12 AM
It should be compatible. Though I never tried using bluetooth headset controls with a media player, if your current phone supports that feature, I don't see why a newer phone wouldn't.
Well thats part of the question, the headset controls windows media player and an android phone is not going to have WMP. So just trying to figure out if the bluetooth commands the headset sends are generic for most media players or specific to WMP only. And I'm sorry, I didnt want to turn that into a big issue its just a minor thing.

Dr. Evil
07-08-2012, 01:09 PM
Android all the way!

Elukien
07-08-2012, 01:12 PM
I have an Android. I like Android though the phone I'm using it on isn't particularly fantastic.

threewolves
07-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Have Android, though off and on I think of getting an Apple. Just havent done it. But beginning to get annoyed at a few things that I would love to be using, that only have apps for Apple, and not androids yet.

The Ace RailGun
07-08-2012, 06:12 PM
iOS. But soon I'm gonna install Linux on my iPhone, so yeah.

You can do that!!? :D:D:D

Nevada-kun
07-13-2012, 05:36 PM
You can do that!!? :D:D:D

Yeah, you can. But I'm not quite sure how to do it yet.

The Ace RailGun
07-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah, you can. But I'm not quite sure how to do it yet.

You'll have to post a video on YouTube or something when you find out :)

Explorer Oak
07-14-2012, 10:50 AM
I have a no phone.

MariannaB
07-17-2012, 05:01 PM
I've always had an iPhone ever since they came out, though I only have an iPhone 4 and not a 4S. I'll probably wait for the iPhone 5 before I get a new one.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-18-2012, 06:24 AM
I want an Android!