PDA

View Full Version : [Nick] Skyland

The Ace RailGun
07-02-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm not really sure where to put this show since it was originally a European show but I really loved this show as kid and seriously does anybody els besides me remember this show!!?

DeathBlade/13.666
07-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Originally European? Sure it can go here. As far as seeing it... Nope, but you've peeked my interest. Care to share a vid?

The Ace RailGun
07-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Originally European? Sure it can go here. As far as seeing it... Nope, but you've peeked my interest. Care to share a vid?

Hmm I'll search around for a good skyland amv/clip and what I mean by originally is that it was English dubbed when it came to America.

Here's an Excelent scene and possibly one of my favorites

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DisAgZfLKDQ&list=FLBm58Lv-jEZUojHU-2OdwtA&index=1&feature=plpp_video

And a trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiOQdwwczNU&list=FLBm58Lv-jEZUojHU-2OdwtA&feature=mh_lolz

And a synopsis:

It is the 23rd century; the Earth has shattered into billions of pieces which orbit around a central core. In this new world named Skyland, an evolved form of humans has appeared: Seijins, who are able to absorb energy from sunlight and use it to fuel special abilities such as telekinesis, telepathy, mental control, astral projection, energy balls or blasts and electricity rays.
The Skyland is ruled by the Sphere, an organization which controls the fragmented blocks water supplies and maintains its power thanks to Guardians - promising Seijin children who have been taken away from their families and given a special training. This dictatorship is fought by pirates.
After the capture of their mother by the Sphere, Mahad and Lena, a young Seijin still learning to control her powers, are rescued by a group of pirates. They join the pirate rebellion, determined to free their mother and help bring the Sphere down.

DeathBlade/13.666
07-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Ah, Thanks. Looks very interesting, I'll have to dig more up and watch it sometime.

The Ace RailGun
07-02-2012, 10:11 PM
I know that you can get the episodes on iTunes at a decent price.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Ah, Thanks. Looks very interesting, I'll have to dig more up and watch it sometime.

That synopsis seems really nice indeed, got my interest :D

So AnimeTrek, do you know how old is Skyland?
Thanks for sharing it!

The Ace RailGun
07-03-2012, 10:07 AM
That synopsis seems really nice indeed, got my interest :D

So AnimeTrek, do you know how old is Skyland?
Thanks for sharing it!
I think it originally aired back in 2005 or 2006 so about 6 or 7 years. I remember that it was one of the few shows I watched with my family and it was probably one of my first favorite non Japanese shows.

threewolves
07-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Will definitely have to check it out, have peaked my interest also in it.

Just did a quick look up on it. Was made in France. Will see if I can find it somewhere, though I could also get it from Itunes if I need to.

Thanks

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-03-2012, 10:16 AM
I think it originally aired back in 2005 or 2006 so about 6 or 7 years. I remember that it was one of the few shows I watched with my family and it was probably one of my first favorite non Japanese shows.

Thanks for the explanation :) I'll most definetely look out for it ;)

The Ace RailGun
07-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the explanation :) I'll most definetely look out for it ;)

Let me know what you think of it when your done watching or as your watching!

Mystelinth
07-03-2012, 10:52 AM
It was on every day after school, it was quite fun. The story was just intresting imo, but if i remember correctly alot of the episodes where about finding new water ? XD So it got boring after a few times ^_^.

The Ace RailGun
07-03-2012, 11:06 AM
It was on every day after school, it was quite fun. The story was just intresting imo, but if i remember correctly alot of the episodes where about finding new water ? XD So it got boring after a few times ^_^.

That was only the first season but in the second season it was more about find thier mother who had been kidnapped by the sphere. If you dropped the first part you should deffinetly pick it up again but you know you can always skip the boring eps I always thought of them as fillers anyway and they don't really follow the main story. But also there are some epic fighting scenes you'll miss by skipping them :biggrin:

Mystelinth
07-03-2012, 11:23 AM
That was only the first season but in the second season it was more about find thier mother who had been kidnapped by the sphere. If you dropped the first part you should deffinetly pick it up again but you know you can always skip the boring eps I always thought of them as fillers anyway and they don't really follow the main story. But also there are some epic fighting scenes you'll miss by skipping them :biggrin:

I know but boring isn't quite a reason to make me quit it so i continued watching the 1st season xD

The Ace RailGun
07-03-2012, 11:29 AM
I know but boring isn't quite a reason to make me quit it so i continued watching the 1st season xD

Same here I have a habit of watching a series to the end no matter how bad it is.

Mystelinth
07-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Same here I have a habit of watching a series to the end no matter how bad it is.

Ah nice, yeah i have it too i might take a break with the series but ill finish it nomatter what.

Mugiwara-no-Basuke
07-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Let me know what you think of it when your done watching or as your watching!

I most definetely will, you bet! :D
Thanks again for sharing it with all of us, it would be the least to tell you as soon as I start watching it :)