PDA

View Full Version : How to start an anime collection?

Mini-Hawk
06-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi, I'm new to these forums and have just recently gotten into anime. It's so addicting! I have seen people on utube showing off their collection, and all of them are gigantic! I want to start a collection like this, but i'm not sure where to start. I've bought 2 anime dvd's, or is there another way to start? BTW, I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in, but i couldn't find another to post in, is this the right place to post this thread?

blueangel06661
06-26-2012, 09:58 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gjhscpXx1qfw2dno1_500.gif

1. Have money (a LOT of money... Like over $500 if you want any growth.. Most of the bigger collections have thousands invested into them)
2. Take that money... AND BUY SOMETHING YOU WANT IN YOUR COLLECTION.

Who knew collections take money and purchasing.

Princess Cupcake
06-26-2012, 11:00 PM
I've found that anime related things are moderately hard to come across. Not only that, but they are expensive. I'd say your best bet is to order online. This way, you can get exactly what you're looking for and find the lowest price. The wait can be kinda painful though.

Building a collection takes a lot of patience in general. It's totally worth it though. Over time, I have accumulated so many manga books, quite a few DVD's (also some tapes), shirts, plushies, figurines, keychains, posters, and even pillows! I'm creepily obsessed, what can I say? If you wanna get real serious make your own personalized anime items, which is a lot of fun for creative folk like me! :3

Doesn't really matter where you start, or how many things you have, as long as you are happy with them cuz that is a true fan. Anime has invaded your life and soon it will become your life~

MVPDJ23
06-26-2012, 11:55 PM
my opinion is to start out small and keep progressing until you get the current and new collection item ;)