PDA

View Full Version : Armored Core

EvaJunky
06-03-2004, 07:45 PM
So, anybody here an Ace Raven? Anyone even casually play the game from time to time?

If so, then (assumeing it hasn't already been mentioned) this is info you'll want to know. Armored Core Nexus is scheduled for US release in January 2005. And among many new additions to the game, it has...dramatic pause...ONLINE PLAY!!! Any fan of the series has no doubt been awaiting the installment giving them the ability to play against other Ravens online. I'll be waiting with my Eva Unit-01 paint job, double arm machin guns and heavy grenade cannon. Prepare to enter the fray...

Oh, by the way, an image of an AC from Nexus worthy of salivating over.
http://www.itmedia.co.jp/games/tgs/2003/screen/ps2/acnx/images/11.jpg

God Bless giant robots. :D

Gjallarhorn
06-03-2004, 09:30 PM
armored core is the best line of mech games ever. i own armored core 2: another age, armored core 3, and armored core: silent line. silent line is the best out of the series, but the hardest to beat.

that pic is awesome!(i think i may use it for a new sig) Can u give me a link to the site u got it from?

EvaJunky
06-04-2004, 06:49 AM
Just right click on the image and go to properties. It will give you the exact address of the image.

Oh, interesting fact. I'm told the legs in that picture have a 6000 weight limit and their light weight. If I could get a heavy weight core on light weight legs, I'd be totally invincible. High mobility is key to my fighting style. I use a right arm left arm machine gun combo, so high speed strafing is essential. It' chews through the most heavily armored opponents as if there armor was aluminum foil, but it only works at close range. My back grenade cannon provide long range punch, and a 30% general magazine ensures I have enough ammunition to last through the fight.

Ironically, I don't own a PS2 at all, I only play on my friend's consol. Since I'm on his game I only get one suit. This actually helped me though because it got me to make my AC as versitile as possible, rather than having a different suit for each type of situation. Necessity breeds ingenuity.

Praytell, what is your primary AC like?

Manhattan_Project_2000
06-04-2004, 11:41 AM
I owned AC2 and AC3 They were good but far from perfect. About even with Mechwarrior IMHO. I use very different mechs in missions/arena.

In missions, I need a lot of ammo, so a carry a machine gun, a laser sword, and some combination of a grenade launcher, high ammo laser, or extra ammo on my back. I use Heavy biped, Heavy Quad or tank legs.

In arena I use either a high-mobility grenade quadruped or a missile-boat.

E Nasty
06-04-2004, 02:47 PM
yeah, i'm a AC junkie. I have AC2, AC3, and Slient Line. I can't wait for nexus to come out.

EvaJunky
06-04-2004, 03:31 PM
I use Biped only, for mobility. Currently heavy, but if I'm right about the legs in Nexus that will change. I never played the missions since it's on my friends game. I play for the specific purpose of dueling and team battles, which I might add, I'm quite good at...or so I'm told. I'm begining to doubt my abilities since I still get owned by my friend, whose on treds. I far out class him in mobility, and yet he hits me with almost every shot; it's uncany. And he's rockin the linear cannon, so it hurts...bad. I've seen him literally vaporize other AC's with that thing.

Gjallarhorn
06-04-2004, 03:57 PM
hmm...that whole site in kanji.... :<_<:

anyway, my stratigy is to get a really lightweight AC, a really good generator and radiator, and the best boosters possible, and a machine gun with a ton of ammo (on Silent Line i got a gun with 1000 shots...a ton...litterally...) and be able to circle my opponent like a vulture, while maintaining a steady fire on him. and if my machine gun runs out, i usually have a linear cannon or an EO core, so i have a good back up weapon.

on silent line, does anyone have the laser blade that shoots out the energy? that thing is one of the best weapons for total damage.

EvaJunky
06-04-2004, 06:05 PM
We have very similar styles, only I go for mid weight with high armor and I use two machine guns simultainiously. A very powerful combo. I use the 800 round machine gun on my right arm and a 300 high fire rate machine gun on my left arm.

My friend has all the parts, including the secret ones. It&#39;s imperitive you get them all too if you want to last on the net. That should be your goal. You can find guides on the net for how to get them, or you can use a Gameshark. Cheap? Yes. Worth it? Definatly.

Oh, and by the way, that energy wave blade sucks. You should be using either the Moonlight (2100 damage) or the Halberd (really high speed and reach). The halberd is good for lightweights, but it has low offense. 1000 something, I can&#39;t remember. Also, you should practice in versus against three computer opponents (this is what I&#39;m doing). Online play will probably support team matches, and who knows how many players will be allowed on each team? A melee style game would be nice too. Imagine 15 AC&#39;s in a free for all...Oh yes.

Gjallarhorn
06-04-2004, 06:29 PM
hm....i got all the parts already...beat the game......i actually do good with the shooting blade, but it sucks that u cant aim it really good....

-Naota-
06-04-2004, 08:56 PM
youll never beat my mech it has the fastest features and a high amount of armour not to mentin the plasma cannanon and anti lock system.....

Gjallarhorn
06-04-2004, 09:45 PM
if i remember correctly, mine has light weight legs, mid-weight core, head with radar provided, a 1000 shot machine gun, the shooting energy blade, a linear cannon (my fav weapon), 30% extra ammo, anti-lock system, EO core(has built in weapon), best generator in the game, best radiator, and i think it was around 9400 armor points......my second is very mobile, but slow, it was mostly made for fire power (gernade launchers, missles, linear cannon, chain guns, and something else that i forgot).....i never made a third AC

also, what did u ppl use for ur main weapon?

Himura Enishi
06-05-2004, 10:27 PM
heh, my strategy is all about over-boost... ;) . Personally i like the high dmg sniper rifles with shoulder mounted missile cannons and a good laser sword. Nothing too fancy but it gets the job done

EvaJunky
06-07-2004, 07:39 AM
DarkTwilight, you have exactly what I wnat my AC to be. :(

EDIT: I revamped my AC, and now it truly owns. 9946 armor and it moves like a mid weight. even my mentor in the game can&#39;t beat me, and he&#39;s on tank treds. I have better armor then him for god&#39;s sake&#33; Plus I have this kick donkey platinum and orange paint job. I will destroy anyone on a ground based arena. As long as I don&#39;t have to fly I&#39;m set.