PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Tournament (Final Five): Battle 2 Voting

Archaic Devices
06-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Simply post a vote for your favorite drawing, but you must explain why. Any votes that don't have a reason will be deleted. All voting will end Thursday, June 14th.

Theme: Emotion

Bou:
(Emotion: Nostalgia/familiarity)

Gyzra:
(Emotion: Sadness)

Sh0u:
(Emotion: Happiness/togetherness)

Suzume
06-07-2012, 11:40 AM
I love Sh0u's entry. It's nice and colourful. It's nice :D

Bulf
06-07-2012, 12:27 PM
...god this is hard.
I'm going to have to go with Bou this time. The piece has a feeling of something deeper than just what's on top. The colors help express her emotions further, and it's an odd emotion to choose.

Princess Cupcake
06-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Bou's does a good job of expressing nostalgia/familiarity but in such a way that is quite mystic. The emotion portrayed is so deep that I could feel it myself. I especially love the background and the colors contrast well with each other. Therefore, it has my vote :3

Mr. Panda
06-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Bou. Because I like it.

No. Seriously though:

The other 2 are so cliché and uninspired. Hey, happiness, let's draw happy people. Hey, sadness, let's draw someone sad. Not that they're bad, they are pretty good, but that's it. No deeper meaning than 'this expresses happiness'.

Bou's on the otherhand is mysterious. Nostalgia can be anything for anyone. What I find nostalgic can be totally different for someone else. It's mysterious and it makes me think and ponder.

Now, sure, some of you may say: "Hey, what happiness is for me can be totally different for someone else!"

True story. Except happiness is usually related to smiling, happy moments, etc and sadness is usually related to tears, frowned faces, etc.

Gyzra
06-08-2012, 10:41 AM
I love Sh0u and Bou's work. They are amazing. I love the different way of looking at an emotion that Bou has chosen and the very anime yet careful shadow that sh0u has used is very good. Something that I cannot do on a computer.
I just wanted to comment because I saw Helvetica say that there was no deeper meaning to my image. Here is the description I put with the image:
I chose the emotion sadness. I chose to also base mine off of a quote from .hack//GU.
*Shino and Haseo stand at an alter, surrounded by stained-glass windows in a cathedral*
Shino: They say there used to be a statue of a girl here. She was called Aura.
Haseo: I wonder why she disappeared...
Shino: I don't know... Maybe she just lost her interest...Lost hope for this world.

I wanted to capture the feeling of sadness, loss and disappointment that Aura, the Goddess, would have felt as she left. This isn't what Aura actually looks like. I used an original character to capture the emotion. The only link between the real aura and my Aura is the symbol of infinity.

There are I also used Sakura petals which usually mean love and life but showed them breaking apart and falling to show the loss of those emotions.
I completely value your opinion and in future work will try and make my symbolism clearer and work more outside of the box like you have suggested. I just wanted to let you know that there was a meaning behind the piece, not just a generic sad anime character. PS: I hope this doesn't sound like i'm annoyed =] I'm not, your comment will help me improve my work so thank you.

deanopiero
06-08-2012, 11:34 AM
Its certainly a tough choice for sure! The nostalgia drawing has the mystery and depth....however after reading the description of Gyzra's work.....i get a full appreciation of the loss of the character. Leaving behind a world that is a part of her for infinity.....

1 vote for Gyzra for that reason.

Archaic Devices
06-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Gosh this is a hard one, but I'll have to go with Sh0u. I love that Bou's has a deeper meaning and all, but honestly without a description I would have nooo idea what it was trying to convey. Sh0u's is well drawn and I can immediately tell which emotion it is.

Srk
06-13-2012, 07:44 PM
I vote for Bou. The colors she chose for her drawing envelop me in a calming sense of relaxation. I enjoy the 'sit back, chill out, think about good times past' theme as well.

AliceXOz
06-14-2012, 07:56 PM
I Love Sh0u's picture. It looks neat, colorful, and I can fell the happiness between their friendship :)

Derrick Remon
06-17-2012, 11:11 PM
Going with Bou.
~ Creative Background
~ Realistic Figure
~ Mystery behind the picture itself