PDA

View Full Version : A Zombie Apocalypse?

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Everyone should know by now what happened in Miami, otherwise get off your rock but here's a link:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/26/2818832/naked-man-shot-killed-on-macarthur.html#storylink=cpy

Also....this *cough*Zombie Apocalypse*cough* seems to be spreading:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/bs-md-ha-dismemberment-follow-20120531,0,4066697.story
http://www.examiner.com/article/zombie-apocalypse-continued-nu-man-throws-his-own-bloody-intestines-at-cops

This is getting crazy. What are your thoughts on this?

Princess Cupcake
06-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Seems a little far-fetched, but I am reluctant to believe that it's the actual beginning of a zombie apocalypse.

Ωmega
06-01-2012, 02:53 PM
It took place not far from me, they say he was on LSD or that bath salt stuff. Ive seen pictures of the aftermath too, its gruesome stuff. Really, given the damage done, it really wouldnt surprise me if the dude -was- a zombie. Regardless, the thought that this happened at all is scary enough.

Light Buster
06-01-2012, 03:00 PM
Maybe people are getting crazy. The people doing stupid stuff and now people are getting riled up about this...

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Seems a little far-fetched, but I am reluctant to believe that it's the actual beginning of a zombie apocalypse.

Yeah....But to be honest, the people who want to a Zombie Apocalypse to happen are really retarded idiots.

I read/watch too much The Walking Dead for me to want to happen, especially since this is the REAL WORLD and not a fictional one.

Mystelinth
06-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Well the root of the problem is that bath salt stuff .. or drugs?
Maybe if everyone stopped using that, we wouldn't have to shoot cannibals. :)

Ωmega
06-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Well the root of the problem is that bath salt stuff .. or drugs?
Maybe if everyone stopped using that, we wouldn't have to shoot cannibals. :)

bath salts are a type of drug ;3
Dealers sell them off claiming theyre "bath salt", because its made with the same chemicals found in bath salts, when in reality its a new drug

redtear
06-01-2012, 04:17 PM
There have been cannibals throughour history. In this case, it's surprisng what drugs can lead a person to do. Guess people will do anything if they are made to mentally have a craving. This is just a really gross example of it.

Ωmega
06-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Apparently a mother beheaded her infant and ate part of his brain. Then there was the guy who was killed by his roommate who ate his brain and heart...all of this happening in the span of a week. WTH?

Mystelinth
06-01-2012, 04:27 PM
bath salts are a type of drug ;3
Dealers sell them off claiming theyre "bath salt", because its made with the same chemicals found in bath salts, when in reality its a new drug

Yeah sorry i know, but probably i should've said "other drugs" haha.

Anyway i think its pretty sick that people can get that mentally crazy.

SuXrys
06-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Forbuki even if you warn for the picture I am not so sure that showing a link like that is in line with the rules (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?89437-Rules-%28READ-BEFORE-POSTING%29). There are kids in here after all.

Eris

---------- Post added at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

But this drug is insanse. I have a hard time understanding why people take it, especially after hearing cases like these...

But why have so many cases been reported recently? Is this new drug (?) very new, or is it just a "boom" going on?

Hakoshi
06-01-2012, 05:44 PM
People are going crazy.
That nonsense about "they seemed fine.." "they seemed mentally stable.." B.S. in my book, someone who's in there senses can easily get out of them if they wind up reading and getting interested in things such as cannibalism and such.

also, one of the cases was caused by "Bath Salts" ,don't know much about them, but I read up on them that they can do some weird stuff to your head.. lol

zombies and living dead can stay in the fantasy world, and unknown areas of movies, comics, anime, and manga (and any other thing), not the real world xDD

---------- Post added at 06:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

SuXrys I guess its because more people are aware of it, and got the usual "take this, it gets you a high like no other high I've ever had..." plus, some people are too into drugs to really think about it, since all they want is to get high off the drugs and be in their own little world..

SuXrys
06-01-2012, 05:48 PM
also, one of the cases was caused by "Bath Salts" ,don't know much about them, but I read up on them that they can do some weird stuff to your head.. lol

I just found this link; http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/miami-cannibal-attack-horrific-dangers-bath-salts-drug, it says some info about the drug.

Hakoshi
06-01-2012, 05:54 PM
SuXrys - no not that xD
I mean, it seems more people are using the drug now xDD

also about link, makes it sound like an adrenaline shot, and a very strong medicine.. (since.. adrenaline causes your heart rate to go up and do things faster and such.. and some medicines tend to cause hallucinations..)
its always the deadly stuff, that some people like.

people and their (deadly) drugs xD

SuXrys
06-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Hakoshi Hopefully the rate of people using it/trying it will go down now after hearing the reports that have recently been... But somehow I doubt it. :/

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Do you perhaps know how long it has been around?

Hakoshi
06-01-2012, 06:03 PM
SuXrys well, I saw some odd TV case shows (yeah those weird shows they put on TV about court..) this guy was selling "Bath Salts" so he called them, but it was the actual drug.. guess that was taken back baaack ago.. like 2010'ish.. or so..

who knows.. people mix up random stuff.. and spread it about xDD

Meenah
06-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Zombies? I can take it. I've been preparing this for years.
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/484189_243080925800282_2124684276_n.jpg

Red_Rum
06-01-2012, 09:02 PM
I personally Think that it is a real possibly. In my area We had a guy bust open a guys head and ripped open his chest and ate his heart and brain. along with a mother who ate her 9 month old child. along with a few other cases. and all of our Zombies were using Bath Salts. To stay in front of the law they change up the ingredients it seems as if their about to get it right for ending the world.

Princess Cupcake
06-01-2012, 09:57 PM
It makes me really sad to hear about all these things. I don't think we should be worried about it being the zombie apocalypse. Not only is it unrealistic but these individuals have committed some down right gruesome and sickening acts towards their own species, which actually is real. I had no idea people could be that messed up in the head and it brings shame upon the human race to know we are capable of such horrors.

aerophobia
06-01-2012, 10:37 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html
^ that will make you feel better about the whole zombie idea :P
As for the bath salts.... The chemicals that have been made temporarily illegal and designated Schedule 1 controlled substances are mephedron, methylone and MDPV – but they are the ingredients, not the products themselves.

SuXrys well, I saw some odd TV case shows (yeah those weird shows they put on TV about court..) this guy was selling "Bath Salts" so he called them, but it was the actual drug.. guess that was taken back baaack ago.. like 2010'ish.. or so..

who knows.. people mix up random stuff.. and spread it about xDD
So you saw it one of those fake t.v. court kinda things or on a channel that always shows real court stuff going on?
Anyway, “bath salts” is a name used to market the drug in tobacco and drug paraphernalia shops, with labels reading, “not for human consumption,” in a bid to avoid a ban on its sale. Also sold on the street, bath salts fall into the same DEA classification as amphetamines, mescaline, and ephedrine.
This toxic cocktail has nothing in common with the harmless bath salts used to make tub water smell good, such as Epsom salts.

Mystelinth
06-02-2012, 05:55 AM
Forbuki even if you warn for the picture I am not so sure that showing a link like that is in line with the rules (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?89437-Rules-%28READ-BEFORE-POSTING%29). There are kids in here after all.

Thanks i edited it.

marvel_phoenix
06-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Those stupid "Bath Salts" effect those who take it a bit differently, and sometimes very severely if they have never taken it before. About a year ago I heard about a young man who tried it and became so depressed and psychotic (hallucinations, etc) afterwards that he eventually took his own life. He had never tried the stuff before, but a friend insisted that he try it. :(

It does not surprise me in the least to hear the they keep changing up the ingredients to this stuff. To start with, the 'creation' of this drug is a lot like Meth: every dealer has their own recipe and ingredient ratios. If the cookers want to try to make a few extra bucks, they will substitute one chemical with a cheaper one. Much like how they do with Meth, Cocaine, and Heroine in some cases. :censored:

Red_Rum
06-02-2012, 08:33 AM
You know how schools go and say "now kids don't do drugs there bad for you." i'm sure that if you were to say you'll become a mindless flesh eating zombie and the shot by the cops " drug rates would go down for the younger population... then again i dressed up as a zombie for Halloween 3 years in a row back in school.

blueangel06661
06-02-2012, 08:51 AM
We talk about this all the time in our break room at work... It's some disturbing stuff.

Don't do drugs kids... You'll be stripping naked a homeless guy, eating his face off while naked yourself.... But if you're into that sort of thing, I'd recommend a dose of bath salts (not the ones you find in the bath and fragrance isle at Walmart.. The OTHER bath salts)

darkrider21
06-06-2012, 03:26 AM
The c.d.c or center desise control has a zombieplan. But lets not hope that the plan they had on highschool of the dead when they are overran with zombies and they quarintine with newks

sunnyside
06-06-2012, 11:28 AM
For the stories I think it's just a matter of how our news media operates in this era of increasing information and the internet. People doing freaky stuff like that probably happens semi regularly, but right now freaky killings are "trending".

As for an actual Zombie apocalypse the only credible scenario I've heard of is the idea of the "golden horde". The idea is that Iran or somebody pops a nuke in the upper atmosphere knocking down our electrical and communication grids or some disease or natural disaster causes a similar massive scale disruption.

Food and gas would be rapidly snapped up by hoarders and within a few weeks you've got millions of people hungry and footbound in the cities. At which point they get desperate and start moving out on the rural areas. Not exactly zombies, they're still fast, smart, have nicer clothes than the farmers, and they want your grains not your brains.

But for the farmers near the major urban areas where their supplies of food can't hope to cope with what starving people want to take from them it's basically the same thing. Barricade the windows, load the shotguns, and gas up the chainsaws.

In any case, I really hope it never comes to something like that, or society manages to rearange in some better way than resorting to violence.

darkrider21
06-24-2012, 04:13 AM
*caboose from red vs blue*bryan give me bryan.*tucker from red vs blue*caboose its brains not bryan*caboose*sorry i read thw script wrong. Moaing moaing