PDA

View Full Version : PS art , 1st try D: help plz

Faux Angel
05-22-2012, 10:13 AM
62428this was my first time trying to draw someone from scratch... and i dont like it D: so if someone could help that'd be nice.

1) i sketched it first with 1px free hand
2) stroked it with 2px pen tool....... should have stayed with 1?? idk, lines look too bold x.x
3)base colored.
4)attempted to shade... failed massively.... is it better to use color burn , linear or jus select manually the shade you want and use normal? i used color burn
5) any tips for shading hair? tips for eyes...
6)....

Faux Angel
05-22-2012, 02:40 PM
=__= 42 views and no one knows how to shade on ps?? D< LIES

Vintniv
05-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Emmm... Well I'm all nit picky about things and I'm not sure how YOU would want to shade this. Anime styled, comic book, semi-realistic, realistic? Hard to give you a suggestion if I dont know what you're aiming for.

Faux Angel
05-22-2012, 06:18 PM
anime style!! >.< plz and ty

Ωmega
05-22-2012, 06:23 PM
anime style!! >.< plz and ty

Have you tried browsing Deviantart? They have a lot of really awesome coloring tuts. If youd like, I'll link you a few

Faux Angel
05-23-2012, 02:22 PM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/144/f/7/raiburari_by_not_a_lemur-d50xve1.png

well... second try, tried using pentool for shadows

based on this from DA http://samuraichain.deviantart.com/art/Raiburari-Hiromasa-Unmasked-Close-Up-275810861

and yes x.x good tuts would be appreciated loads

blueangel06661
05-23-2012, 03:15 PM
If you used the pen tool for the shadows you also used it for the lines too right? Because your lines are really wobbly and if using the pen tool correctly they should be nice smooth lines. The hair could've used a bit more work. For the hair all you have to do is put two anchors down. One at the top of the hair and one at the tip for a nice curve however it needs to be curved. But instead it looks like you were stopping 10 times in-between making it look jagged etc.

Faux Angel
05-23-2012, 09:35 PM
If you used the pen tool for the shadows you also used it for the lines too right? Because your lines are really wobbly and if using the pen tool correctly they should be nice smooth lines. The hair could've used a bit more work. For the hair all you have to do is put two anchors down. One at the top of the hair and one at the tip for a nice curve however it needs to be curved. But instead it looks like you were stopping 10 times in-between making it look jagged etc.

oh yeah, this was my pen tool experiment >.< i cant quite get the hang of it despite having looked at tuts OTL 10 times would be accurate. .___.
i used pentool for both pics i did, for the line art ... which i still think stands out too much