PDA

View Full Version : The legend of Zelda: Is Sheik a male or female?

Explorer Oak
05-17-2012, 01:59 AM
My favorite character from TLOZ is Sheik, and it just dawned on me that people still hanv't made up there minds as to what gender Sheik may be. To make it clear the only person who can officialy claim Sheiks gender would be miyamoto, creator of Zelda. This only opinion.

Some intel:

Sheik first apeared in TLOZ OOT and was a disguise used by Zelda to remain hidden from gannondorf. Shieks figure was almost entirly masculent and many belive Zelda made a differant persona/body gender change and all to avoid detection.

In Super smash brothers melee & brawl Sheik is a female both in gender and figure. (this may or may not have been because of the fact that there were few female characters and/or that shiek was directly tied to zeldas character so this also does not confirm anything)

The remastered version of TLOZ OOT, sheiks figure was changed slight to apear more feminine, wether intentional or not.

The main reason this topic is controvercial is because shiek is zelda, and zelda is a girl so therfore shiek must be a female as well.

My opinion: I belive that Shiek is a male. Zelda intended on a male disguise to remain undetected from gannondorf and did this change with magic, i do not belive it was as simple as a change in clothing otherwise there would be no debate. Sheik is a whole other persona and this is why think sheik to be male.

Once again, no way to prove 100%. There is a differance between making a realy good point, and claiming "this is for shure".

Thanks for reading have a nice day! :)

Velvet_Nightmare
05-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Doesn't Navi refer to Sheik as a guy in OOT?

I dunno, but now I wanna play it again and find out. XD

Also, you know Link had a total man-crush on Sheik.

Explorer Oak
05-18-2012, 12:45 AM
Doesn't Navi refer to Sheik as a guy in OOT?

I dunno, but now I wanna play it again and find out. XD

Also, you know Link had a total man-crush on Sheik.

Gross dude... Was it in the manga or somthing i don't remember.

AnimeLady
05-26-2012, 02:53 PM
I think Sheik is in the Super smash Bros game as well but, looks FEMALE to me...

John Watson
05-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Pretty sure Sheik is female. Seeing as how..Zelda's a female. I always thought Sheik was a guy cuz of the manly, muscular physique but since Zelda is a girl, its safe to say Sheik is too.

Explorer Oak
05-26-2012, 08:23 PM
I geuss this is unrelated, but it's pretty funny so... ^.^

Snowflame
05-27-2012, 09:37 AM
@Explorer Oak (http://www.animeforum.com/member.php?287023-Explorer-Oak)
I got a good laugh out of it.

@Topic
I always thought that Sheik was a guy. looked masculine to me.

neogalaxy
05-27-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm going to have to say that shiek is a girl too, because she looks like one. Plus the fact that its Zelda that turns into her . But i dunno its still tricky to know .

Bulf
05-27-2012, 03:18 PM
In the manga, they called Sheik a guy, Navi called sheik a guy in OoT as well as the Zora sage (I forget her name). On Brawl, Sheik is based off of a Twilight Princess design, so that Sheik isn't really the same and could be female. Sheik from Melee was feminine as well, so I have no idea.

My guess is that Sheik started off as a male, but in order to keep the fans happy and avoid awkward questions, they changed him to female later on. So technically that's like 3 sex changes, and I don't think that's healthy for anyone.

Explorer Oak
05-29-2012, 10:07 PM
In the manga, they called Sheik a guy, Navi called sheik a guy in OoT as well as the Zora sage (I forget her name). On Brawl, Sheik is based off of a Twilight Princess design, so that Sheik isn't really the same and could be female. Sheik from Melee was feminine as well, so I have no idea.

My guess is that Sheik started off as a male, but in order to keep the fans happy and avoid awkward questions, they changed him to female later on. So technically that's like 3 sex changes, and I don't think that's healthy for anyone.

I'm begining to think that not even miyamoto knows Sheiks gender. @.@ You'd be correct, not healthy whatsoever. :s

.:neuko:.
05-30-2012, 04:17 AM
Personally I thought Sheik was a guy until I played Super Smash Bros. Melee. Guess he was a she all along.

Not that I think it really matters.

This is Zelda after all.

http://chzvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/internet-memes-memebase-the-physics-are-unquestionable.jpg

Explorer Oak
05-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Personally I thought Sheik was a guy until I played Super Smash Bros. Melee. Guess he was a she all along.

Not that I think it really matters.

This is Zelda after all.

http://chzvideogames.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/internet-memes-memebase-the-physics-are-unquestionable.jpg
Hahaha, yes and thats why we love Zelda ganes. :)

Here's my text meme:
Link. When the 7 sages, goran race, zora race, gurudo race, and king of hyrule all fail to stop a dwarf from acheiving total evil; call a little boy with a green dress and a slingshot. Hahaha, XD!

.:neuko:.
05-31-2012, 01:43 PM
Hahaha, yes and thats why we love Zelda ganes. :)

Here's my text meme:
Link. When the 7 sages, goran race, zora race, gurudo race, and king of hyrule all fail to stop a dwarf from acheiving total evil; call a little boy with a green dress and a slingshot. Hahaha, XD!

Lol!

Strangely enough I never thought of that... Hurrah for Zelda games and Zelda logic! XD

MikaShi
07-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Sheik is a male. Zelda said she wanted to become a boy in order to become a helper of Ganondof to decieve him. Impa turned Zelda into a male which was Sheik.