PDA

View Full Version : Most EXTREME or SHOCKING thing you've ever done in your life?

.:neuko:.
05-09-2012, 12:25 PM
I like to think that I'm a mostly sane person; for very rarely do I resort to actions that would be perceived as senseless. But like all humans I do have my faults, and in my case I do have this one non-rational, last resort which I call "The Red Button", and once pushed there's no going back...

Which brings me to the following question of this thread:

What was the most extreme or shocking thing you ever did in your life?

Ideally, a visual (photo or video) showing the result of your action along with a brief description would be great, otherwise, just the latter will do. ^ ^

And now, with the formalities out the way, I'll leave yous to ponder what was going through my mind when I decided to deliberately "abuse" a "perfectly working", high-end plasma TV, then have it thrown out to the tip! Madness? Perhaps... but in any case, I don't so much regret what I did than the fact that I spent £2K+ on what turned out to be practically nothing more than a giant paperweight.

Yeah... I know what your thinking: what could possibly be a more shocking sight than that horrendous wallpaper?

By the way, for those of you who consider yourselves as "videofiles", the TV in the photo is the Panasonic TXP50VT30B. If you're curious to know as to why I think this so called, "reference quality" set sucks, I'd be more than happy to give a technical and long list of reasons.

Cantelope
05-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Poked my finger in the wall outlet; it was very shocking.

Token Black Guy
05-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Threatened to snap the finger of a Morehouse College student represenative while i held him in a standing armlock at a college fair in high school(which i was forced to attend). Also i tagged something mean about the student class president on the bathroom wall. I didn't get in trouble for this, except for a slap on the wrists for armlocking the college student.

Princess Cupcake
05-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't do very many extreme or shocking things but one time
I kissed a girl... and I liked it! <3 Her lips were so soft~ ^^;

nanashipiero
05-09-2012, 02:50 PM
*sigh* Instead of lurking I should post, lol.

<.< Well....

One time I set up a giant trap for this snobby girl that I went to high school with. Let's just say it ended with some pictures of her that Videogamer555 would like on her MySpace (my brother is good at hacking) and the school's billboard. Needless to say, she was expelled from school. No one was very sad about it, though.

Hakoshi
05-09-2012, 02:54 PM
mmm..
well can't really think of a shocking thing.. or extreme thing..

orz I am a plain person.. -snif-

Munchman
05-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Once my math teacher asked me to draw the function y=x , but i totally drew y=x+1 instead... Everyone was shocked at how much of a rebel i was. You know what they say , live fast , die young.

CrimsonMoon
05-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Oh, there is. I'm actually a quiet person with strangers or people that I'm not close with. Then one time my friend wanted me to give a love letter to this guy that I never talked with. I gave it anyway. Not something that's normal for me, though, lol. Shocking, yes, but not extreme. Ah, young love is so funny.

Fomalhaut
05-10-2012, 04:48 AM
At school, we'd gather around a candle in a huge circle and say prayers and everyone would hold hands. After we finished prayers we'd all continue talking to each other and whatnot. One day, my moron self decided to be stupid and I punted the candle after finishing the prayers. Not the most extreme thing I've done but one of them. I was a bad kid?=/

Suzume
05-10-2012, 05:15 AM
Once when i was young i was playing with some clothes, umbrella and a candle.
I set it up like a tent and kept the candle inside it.
The wind came and those clothes and umbrella caught fire!!!
I was a very bad gal :)

darksky967
05-10-2012, 05:33 AM
once my math teacher asked me to draw the function y=x , but i totally drew y=x+1 instead... Everyone was shocked at how much of a rebel i was. You know what they say , live fast , die young.

lol

Kaleohano
05-10-2012, 06:21 AM
tazed a tweeker at a party cuz he was annoying and i thought it'd be funny. it was very funny. though i think it was more shocking to him than me.

this here is a truly shocking thing though
http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/429653/569597.jpg

Ravin
05-10-2012, 07:04 AM
I almost got arrested

Rozenberg
05-10-2012, 07:39 AM
imitating a tarzan by jumping from a 10 meter tall tree using a very long long rope and then landed on the net
a great success

Rylingo
05-10-2012, 06:24 PM
A few years back I had a bad chest infection. I was on some strong medicine to get rid of it. On the medicine box it said in bright red letters, "UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CONSUME ALCOHOL WHILST TAKING THIS MEDICATION". Well it was my birthday and my friends were at me to have a few pints. I thought, sure 1 won't do any harm. So we go down to the pub. 1 pint becomes 4. Then we start doing shots. Here's the kicker. My 'friends' are taking water shots. They are getting me drunk off my face. Now its time to fast forward 3 hours...

10 minutes before the pub is about to close things start going wrong. I start seeing shimering lights floating around me. Start hearing creepy voices. The hallucinations just keep getting worse. I tried ignoring it as I was waiting for a kebab but it turns things up a gear. I start seeing faces floating ghostily attached to the back of peoples heads. Some of them are screaming. I decided to go outside. Thats when the bullets started flying. Windows were shattering bullets blasted all around me. I started sprinting as fast as I could. Determined to avoid the sprayings bullets coming at me from all angles. A grenade bounced on the ground beside me. I leapt over the hedge. Looking behind me as I started running again, the whole hedge exploded in a ball of flame. Someone is chasing me. An assassin? I leap over a fence and sprint down the street. A little old lady was walking into her house. I roared at her to get inside, "people are f***ing shooting people". She runs inside in fear. Miraculously I arrive back at my house. The assassin who was chasing me, turns out to be one of my friends. He is completely out of breath and staring at me like he hsa just seen a monster. I grab him and give him a hug saying, "I'm so glad you weren't shot. Murders are everywhere." He tries to calm me down but as he does this, I notice the red of an infra-red scope move across his chest. I screamed, "GET DOWN!" and pushed him to the floor. Bullets flew through the window, glass went everywhere. I try to run to the kitchen but I see a man holding a sub machine gun at another window. I literally barrel roll across the kitchen table. After a few more hectic minutes the rest of my friends arrive at the house and manage to restrain me, dragging me up to my room. After they persuaded me to go to sleep saying that my room was safest from snipers, I passed out.

The next morning I woke up soaking in sweat, my muscles aching from running faster than I've ever run in my life. I remembered every single terrible minute of it. The hallucinations seemed so real to me. I also have a sneaking suspicion one of my friends drugged me in combination to the alcohol but I can't be sure.

Jasanime
05-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Rylingo - nice friends you have there.

As for me, a few things come to mind. One was in High school, we had to look after those pretend babies. The bloody thing kept me up all night. On the last day I had the baby, I was so tired and fed up that I beat it's head against a stobey (telegraph) pole on the way to school. They look very much like real babies, so it shocked quite a few on-lookers.

The babies have a digital counter in their back that records any time the baby is hurt. My counter was at 99 (it only displays 2 digits). Needless to say I FAILED my child studies class.

Meenah
05-10-2012, 08:07 PM
I think I'll be scolded putting this here.
I sneaked in my fiance over at my parent's place to my room where I was staying at. We... had a "happy time" until my younger sister caught us. Well we were under the blankets so she didn't see anything that will really scar her for life. Yes, the door was locked but she had ways to open the door. Thankfully she kept it a secret, we just need a new place now. ._.;

Syaoran
05-10-2012, 08:18 PM
I said stupid in kindergarten.

.:neuko:.
05-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Rylingo - nice friends you have there.

My friends would do the same thing to me, given half the chance. Where I come come from (which would be a country next door to his) that sort of thing is considered as "normal friendship".

-GAZKUL-
05-13-2012, 07:24 AM
got called in to play as 2nd string running back with the local team.

TranceLoverFilipino
05-14-2012, 12:19 AM
being against both moralist and evil people. idk what do you mean by "extreme" or "shocking" but people looks shock when i say that these two sides who fight are actually both wrong

Chigumi
05-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Mostly if people experience events that shocked them, they mostly regret it.
I rarely regret anything I do because I give my actions soms thought at first.
Some people like to do extreme things on purpose, I don't.
To be fair with you guys, I'm not much of a hero when it comes to challenging experiences.
I'd favor myself sitting on my couch with some potato chips/drinks and a movie really.

Arrisu
05-14-2012, 09:20 PM
A few years back I had a bad chest infection. I was on some strong medicine to get rid of it. On the medicine box it said in bright red letters, "UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CONSUME ALCOHOL WHILST TAKING THIS MEDICATION". Well it was my birthday and my friends were at me to have a few pints. I thought, sure 1 won't do any harm. So we go down to the pub. 1 pint becomes 4. Then we start doing shots. Here's the kicker. My 'friends' are taking water shots. They are getting me drunk off my face. Now its time to fast forward 3 hours...

10 minutes before the pub is about to close things start going wrong. I start seeing shimering lights floating around me. Start hearing creepy voices. The hallucinations just keep getting worse. I tried ignoring it as I was waiting for a kebab but it turns things up a gear. I start seeing faces floating ghostily attached to the back of peoples heads. Some of them are screaming. I decided to go outside. Thats when the bullets started flying. Windows were shattering bullets blasted all around me. I started sprinting as fast as I could. Determined to avoid the sprayings bullets coming at me from all angles. A grenade bounced on the ground beside me. I leapt over the hedge. Looking behind me as I started running again, the whole hedge exploded in a ball of flame. Someone is chasing me. An assassin? I leap over a fence and sprint down the street. A little old lady was walking into her house. I roared at her to get inside, "people are f***ing shooting people". She runs inside in fear. Miraculously I arrive back at my house. The assassin who was chasing me, turns out to be one of my friends. He is completely out of breath and staring at me like he hsa just seen a monster. I grab him and give him a hug saying, "I'm so glad you weren't shot. Murders are everywhere." He tries to calm me down but as he does this, I notice the red of an infra-red scope move across his chest. I screamed, "GET DOWN!" and pushed him to the floor. Bullets flew through the window, glass went everywhere. I try to run to the kitchen but I see a man holding a sub machine gun at another window. I literally barrel roll across the kitchen table. After a few more hectic minutes the rest of my friends arrive at the house and manage to restrain me, dragging me up to my room. After they persuaded me to go to sleep saying that my room was safest from snipers, I passed out.

The next morning I woke up soaking in sweat, my muscles aching from running faster than I've ever run in my life. I remembered every single terrible minute of it. The hallucinations seemed so real to me. I also have a sneaking suspicion one of my friends drugged me in combination to the alcohol but I can't be sure.

That freaking sucks.
I would probably never drink ever again. If the same thing happened to me.