PDA

View Full Version : [TV Series] Gintama

Reviewer03
04-29-2012, 07:00 AM
TV series - 252 episodes + 2 OVA´s

Genre: Comedy, Parody, Science Fuction

Plot synopsis
Gintama is set in the late 19th century in a Tokyo (Edo) which has been conquered by aliens and where Samurai have been outlawed and the story revolves around a group of freelancers and their daily adventures in trying to get enough money to pay their rent.

Story (10/10)
Allthough a large part of the anime´s episodes are episodic there are many Arc´s telling a variety of interesting, sad, actionpacked and hilarious stories. And the good thing is that this anime is getting better over time or even by episode. Surprisingly episodes 1+2 are filler episodes and the absolute low of the series – but then it gets much much better.
Another thing is that this anime manages to combine various themes in one episode in a brilliant way. Some episodes are so funny and sad at the same moment - that Its not uncommon that you laugh like crazy while having tears of sadness in your eyes.

Characters (10/10)
Few shows have so many and at the same time so great characters as Gintama. The main character Gintoki Sakata Is probably the best example for all the characters in this show. He´s a lazy, gambling, good for nothing looser samurai who tries to avoid work at all costs – but when his friends are in danger he turns into a wise and noble hero who everyone can count on and look up to.

Animation (10/10)

Considered the fact that this is a major show with over 250 episodes and that they had budget problems – one has to say that the animation is really good and even better than in some other major anime series.

Voice acting/music (10/10)

You just have to love the voices – they sound so great and natural and fit the characters in such a perfect way that its really amazing. The soundtrack is also well made ranging from intense action music to heartbreaking pieces of sad music.

Overall (11/10)

Im giving it an 11 out of 10 just to highlight how great this anime is. You really cant call yourself an Anime fan when you haven’t seen this anime or read the manga. It’s just the funniest show ever – Western shows like south park, Simpsons, family guy, spongebob ect don’t come even close to this level of entertainment and funniness. If you want to call yourself an anime fan – you just have to watch at least some episodes of Gintama!

Bloody Alchemist
05-11-2012, 03:07 PM
I've heard of this anime. The first episode kind of caught my attention, but I've still had no time to watch it. And now that I hear the first episode that I watched was a filler, I'll give it another try. I hope your rating meets up to my standards, while I wait for One Piece chapters/episodes. (:

genreygonzales
05-20-2012, 01:43 AM
Yehh! this anime is as funny as ever. But I really found it boring when it is in the serious part but overall it is really hilarious! I always roll to those serious jokes. My favorite character is shinpachi. For me he is a really funny character, specially being an otaku and the no.1 fan of Otsu-chan. Also I like those morbid songs of Otsu-chan.