PDA

View Full Version : Is Twitter number 1?

Anime Forum
04-27-2012, 10:07 PM
Is Twitter the number one social network over Myspace AND Facdbook? I watch WWE and every episode they run a join us on twitter campaign and plenty of celebs and known people use it now, though an argument can be made for Facebook and Myspace as well. It seems like twitter followers is becoming some social competition nowadays as well. So opinions? Is twitter on top or is myspace/facebook still number one?

GameGeeks
04-27-2012, 10:17 PM
Considering Facebook's stats, I HIGHLY doubt it. Right now they're sitting at 900 million users. Twitter doesn't have nearly that much.

Executioner
04-27-2012, 10:19 PM
I think there is a site called alexa or something like that that puts the most popular sites on the list you could check where its graded.

Anime Forum
04-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Considering Facebook's stats, I HIGHLY doubt it. Right now they're sitting at 900 million users. Twitter doesn't have nearly that much.

Do you think Facebook will lose relevance in the upcoming years?

Social Network 2: Rise of Twitter. Instant hit haha :P.

GameGeeks
04-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Considering Twitter has been popular just as long as Facebook has I don't see it happening. If they haven't made a dent on Facebook so far they aren't going to. Besides Twitter is more of a snippet blog then a social media site. And nothing indicates that Facebook is going anywhere anytime soon.

plumpuff
04-27-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't tend to compare them... I think of their demographics as being different things, given that Facebook is a social network and Twitter is more of a microblogging service. They're popular for different reasons, and generally microblogging is not everyone's cup of tea -- but almost everyone can network.

Anoleis
04-27-2012, 10:45 PM
No, Twitter will never replace Facebook. Twitter does something different for its users than what Facebook does. Essentially, one could have both a Twitter and a Facebook, and not feel as though one accomplished more than the other, therefore eliminating the need for one or the other.

Eris
04-28-2012, 04:59 AM
Yeah. They do different things altogether. But twitter is far better for interacting with a live audience, which is why it's being used for that fairly frequently.

Chigumi
04-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Pfft. Twitter. That still alive?
Facebook all the way, for me.

Hanamaru Kunikida
04-28-2012, 07:32 AM
That's like saying a tomato will replace a potato.

CrimsonMoon
04-28-2012, 09:39 AM
I have Twitter but I never use it, not often anyway, once every three months? I'm more of an FB person, and I have to say that Twitter will never replace FB. As everyone said, those two are different anyway.

.Tatty.
04-28-2012, 10:05 AM
I have both, I mainly use twatter to troll washed up professional wrestlers, mostly Kurt Angle.

As for facebook thats were my main hub is and I use mainly to moan about the wrasslin'. And on that note this man explains all social media in big words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beYV6iIzq8s

OtakuInu!!!
04-28-2012, 12:18 PM
I don't think so. I think Facebook is the number 1 social network above everything else so far. I think it'd still maintain it's position for a few more years. Although a lot of famous personalities use Twitter, it can't overthrow Facebook since it has more users and has more characters.

Plus, other people seem to be confused with how Twitter works.

Rylingo
04-28-2012, 01:04 PM
I have a facebook solely because my friends have it. Its an ugly, messy, poorly formatted social network. Its chat engine feels like it was designed by morons.

Twitter is clunky. I find it difficult to use and full of the most mind blowing stupid people. A quick look at whats trending displays all you need to know. It has become nothing more than a corporate b**** of late with every tv show spamming hash tags in the hope that they will trend. Its only useful to see what the few non-brain dead celebrities are saying.

Id go back to Bebo again if it became popular and they sorted out the spamming problem.

Cantelope
04-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Notice how OP mentions Myspace and Facebook; and Myspace is so irrelevant it disappears from every post starting with #2.

GameGeeks
04-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Notice how OP mentions Myspace and Facebook; and Myspace is so irrelevant it disappears from every post starting with #2.
Till you resurrected it.

SuXrys
04-28-2012, 03:05 PM
Have clicked around on different internet sites now, just because I became curious on which site was the biggest exc, and as far as I saw it it was some differences here and there on the order in in which the difference sites came in but when it came to Facebook that site was always on the same place, and that was the first one. So no, twitter or myspace are not the biggest ones - Facebook definitely is.

Internet has spoken. https://static.flashback.org/img/smilies2/yes.gif

Anime Forum
04-28-2012, 03:48 PM

Lol poor Myspace. Do people still use it? I have like one friend who does.

Hakoshi
04-28-2012, 04:01 PM
I think Twitter is for people who..
enjoy spamming about nonsense at a faster pace, then what FB does.
while FB you put pictos, say what up to someone, and stalk the brains out of some stranger's photos..

all in all, both are meh to me, only use Twitter to see any artists updates (the ones who draw.. not celebrities..)
and for FB I only have it because my friends what to know I live somehow, but I never use that at all anyways..

:v ..lol

mrpineapple
04-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Im going to mention Google+ because Noone cared enough to mention it

DOOM!
04-28-2012, 07:52 PM
I've gone my whole life without bothering to know what it is and does, and I'm better off.

Aleyna
04-28-2012, 11:06 PM
I like facebook more than twitter.
I can't get into twitter, because there isn't much to do on it.

Miss Moonlight
05-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Myspace is dead, facebook hurts my eyes.

I like the simplicity of twitter, though.

Haoie
05-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Twitter's retention rate is less than 30%.

In other words, people may join it, but they don't stay.

nanashipiero
05-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Twitter confuses me too damn much.

I'm not a fan of social networking sites to begin with, but Twitter for some reason, really annoys me.

darkrider21
05-15-2012, 09:55 PM
twilight brings back the romantic vampire. which is kinde of cool but i want to see more of the vampire that just sees humans as food insted of falling in love with us.to lovie dovie for me