PDA

View Full Version : [CC] South Park Discussion Thread

Hanamaru Kunikida
04-26-2012, 02:39 PM
So no South Park thread, really?

Anyways, last night's episode was hilarious and especially this quote:

"Love is like taking a dump Butters. Sometimes it’ll work itself out, but sometimes you need to give it a good strong push."

xDDDD

Road
04-26-2012, 06:18 PM
I love southpark. Stan's dad is hilarious xD is it true that this season is the last one?

Hanamaru Kunikida
04-26-2012, 06:28 PM
I love southpark. Stan's dad is hilarious xD is it true that this season is the last one?

Nope. It has been renewed to have a 17th Season.

Road
04-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Nope. It has been renewed to have a 17th Season.
HUZZAH! I am so happy. My friend and I were going to have a Farewell Southpark party xD and rewatch all the episodes possible in a 12-16 hour time period xD

RyuTama
04-27-2012, 02:21 AM
So ehh, forgive my ignorance, but South Park still as good as it used to be? I loved it up until the 13th or 14th season, where most (not all, but a vast majority) of the jokes just became raunchy and tasteless. I haven't seen any of season 15 or 16, but should I even bother? @_@; I personally loved the older seasons the most. I still like the show, just not as much as back in the day. Doesn't seem to have those usual random-as-hell moral lessons hidden in the episodes anymore... or have I been missing out?

...Oh and Butters FTW, of course.

DeathBlade/13.666
04-27-2012, 08:51 AM
lol 17th season... Good lord, how many are they gonna have?

----
P.S. Rules go the same at in the Red v. Blue and Boondocks threads. Gotta keep it clean for the kiddies. (vids included).

Ravin
04-27-2012, 08:53 AM
Southpark ftw

darkrider21
04-27-2012, 05:44 PM
i love southpark.where elce can you see a teacher shove a tube up his teachers assistant but and put a hamster in there lmfao

Jasanime
04-27-2012, 05:49 PM
So ehh, forgive my ignorance, but South Park still as good as it used to be? I loved it up until the 13th or 14th season, where most (not all, but a vast majority) of the jokes just became raunchy and tasteless. I haven't seen any of season 15 or 16, but should I even bother? @_@; I personally loved the older seasons the most. I still like the show, just not as much as back in the day. Doesn't seem to have those usual random-as-hell moral lessons hidden in the episodes anymore... or have I been missing out?

...Oh and Butters FTW, of course.

Hmm... I must say I prefer the older seasons because they were a lot simpler, but you are definitely missing out. I love every episode, and the more recent seasons are a little more complex, but very on the pulse of current events and most eps raise very good points and are quite clever. I can't get enough of South Park! Especially Cartman!

RyuTama
04-28-2012, 03:19 AM
Hmm... I must say I prefer the older seasons because they were a lot simpler, but you are definitely missing out. I love every episode, and the more recent seasons are a little more complex, but very on the pulse of current events and most eps raise very good points and are quite clever. I can't get enough of South Park! Especially Cartman!

Really? o: I guess I'll have to look into watching seasons 14+ then. I really do miss South Park; haven't watched it in at least a year. ;_; I miss the nonsensical genius of Trey Parker and Matt Stone. XD

Alright, I think I sense a South Park marathon in my near future~ lol.

Hanamaru Kunikida
04-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Really? o: I guess I'll have to look into watching seasons 14+ then. I really do miss South Park; haven't watched it in at least a year. ;_; I miss the nonsensical genius of Trey Parker and Matt Stone. XD

Alright, I think I sense a South Park marathon in my near future~ lol.

If are planning to watch it on Netflix...it only has up to Season 14.

But you can try South Spark Studios.

Bamboobowl
04-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Did anyone see "I Should've Never Gone Zipling"? Hilarious! But, the bad thing is, my family wants to go ziplining and after seeing that, I really don't want to..

Road
04-28-2012, 09:30 PM
just watch on southparkstudios.com has all but the currently released episodes. Tis where i go.

Hanamaru Kunikida
04-28-2012, 09:35 PM
just watch on southparkstudios.com has all but the currently released episodes. Tis where i go.

I think it does have episode 1 and 7 of Season 16 but that's it.

CrimsonMoon
04-29-2012, 12:06 AM
The last episode of South Park that I recently watched was something about the toilet seat, lol. It was funny, why would toilets become an issue? Oh, and I love Butters and Kenny. Cartman is just too evil. Though without him, South Park would be boring. :x

GameGeeks
04-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Kaitou+ There's a reason there was no thread. The new shows all suck.

RyuTama
04-29-2012, 05:18 AM
Kaitou+ and Road, Yeah, I was already planning on watching it on SPS. That's where I've watched most of them since I didn't have access to cable for the past few years. And it's not a problem if the newer episodes for season 16 aren't up yet; I still need to finish 14 and 15 first. xD

Ranshiin
04-30-2012, 06:42 AM
Yeah ... the new episodes seem a bit boring, although that could be due to the show possibly becoming a bit more 'tame' over the years. Most recent episode I saw was about highschool musical. I wanted to barf.

But yeah ... the older episodes are definitely better. At least the ones where Kenny died in unique/unexpected ways ... I can't remember if he actually stayed dead after so many series or if he eventually came back or what (I suppose that's what Butters is for)

Once upon a time I became capable of translating Kenny ... and discovered how much stuff he says that would otherwise be bleeped out. Now I can't do it any more. I has a sad.

Nion
05-04-2012, 01:53 AM
I hope they keep going for as long as they can. Southpark is awesome. My favorite one was the Totoro Knockoff one lol.

ItsMeMario
05-08-2012, 01:39 AM
Isn't south park a bit too "adult" for this "kid friendly" forum?

DeathBlade/13.666
05-08-2012, 09:02 AM
Isn't south park a bit too "adult" for this "kid friendly" forum?One could say that, but with many members being old enough to watch South Park, and many others still watching, being allowed because their parents think it's a cartoon, and all cartoons are good for kids. As you can see where I'm going with this, I believe that as long as they clean the thread itself clean, along with any vids, links, or attachments, there won't be much for one to get mad or offended about.

RyuTama
11-23-2014, 07:03 AM
I've seen a couple of threads mention South Park back in the day, and seeing how the current season is just so damn awesome (imo), why not make an official thread for it?

All opinions are welcome. What do like best about the quiet little mountain town? Like least? Any memorable episodes (for better or for worse LOL)? Favorite characters? How far do you think the series will go?

The majority of the episodes from season 15-17 were pretty lackluster if you ask me, but this current one has really picked up. I'm especially liking the continuity as a new thing.

DeathBlade/13.666
11-23-2014, 12:58 PM
Merged your thread with the older South Park thread, RyuTama. :D

RyuTama
11-24-2014, 01:00 AM
Merged your thread with the older South Park thread, RyuTama. :D

Well derp! Thankya. I knew there was a thread for it somewhere but since it was so old it must have been archived or something, since I didn't see it at all in the Western section.

I guess I could have tried searching it, but I'm dumb and it somehow just totally skipped my mind at the time. Whoops.

Zainox
11-24-2014, 01:24 AM
I used to watch South Park when I was younger to 'rebel' against my parents since I wasn't aloud to watch it. But soon after I got bored of it, not a show for me. But honestly I've been tired of the stuff they've shown on TV for years.

DeathBlade/13.666
11-24-2014, 01:27 AM
Well derp! Thankya. I knew there was a thread for it somewhere but since it was so old it must have been archived or something, since I didn't see it at all in the Western section.

I guess I could have tried searching it, but I'm dumb and it somehow just totally skipped my mind at the time. Whoops.
lol Yea you have to either search, or select "beginning" in the Thread Display Options at the bottom of the section. Glad I could help though. ^.^

Hanamaru Kunikida
10-31-2015, 05:39 PM
So Creek is canon now, or at least ambiguously.

Clayton_n
11-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Is this thing still on the air?

DeathBlade/13.666
11-02-2015, 03:01 PM
Yep, 19 seasons and counting. It's slated to run through 2019, if they don't renew the current contract.

Kirito
11-02-2015, 06:54 PM
Kaitou+ Yeah I saw it lmao... "You don't decide, the Japanese just choose."

Knate
11-02-2015, 07:06 PM
This season has been absolutely killing it!! The last was hard to beat, but everything is so pertinent and twisted, it has me rolling.

Lightfighter
11-02-2015, 09:57 PM
Buckle up, buckaroo!

ZombieWolf2508
11-04-2015, 05:09 AM
I never knew this thread existed. Then again, I only really browse one subforum.

Anyway, this latest season is a bit weird to me. I'm not sure I like the continuity. It was fun in the first run, but the repeated callbacks to earlier episodes in the season is getting a bit old.

I'm curious as to if this is a permanent new style or if they'll find some way to completely put everything back to normal in the season finale.

RyuTama
11-04-2015, 03:08 PM
The continuity is cool (I think they had it last season too), but I agree that some episodes spend too much time referencing the last one, instead of giving us fresh lols. Still a great season so far though.

Two things:
1) PLEASE keep Tweek around; I've hella missed that spazz.
2) Rek PC Principal. He needs a nice club to the face.

Jasanime
11-05-2015, 01:12 AM
I'm a big South Park fan, but haven't seen any of season 19 yet...

Peppermint Hearts
12-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Didn't Kenny used to be like he was in...:dokuro_dokuro06:.....Anyway, I thought that the recent episodes about ads coming to life were very good, especially the part about ads disguised as news stories, you see a lot of that crap nowadays on the internet. Also the overpriced sodasopa crap as well.

Holocast
01-01-2016, 03:29 PM
I used to watch South Park on TV in high school, but I haven't been able to lately because of a lack of TV xD and laziness to find it on the web.

But I did really enjoy it back then, so I might get back into it now.

Peppermint Hearts
04-01-2016, 03:01 PM
I love Mr. Slave...oh Jesus Christ!

Aizmov
04-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Fellow AFers if you haven't played The Stick of Truth I highly recommend it. The Xbox 360 version works on Xbox One. And later this year, probably, we will get The Fractured But Whole.