PDA

View Full Version : Advertising on the Internet?

Blade_Runner95
04-17-2012, 07:03 AM
Hi all,

I made my own blog the other day, got my first couple of reviews and stuff already. I seem to lack one pivotal thing, publicity :(

Are there any good ways to advertise on the net???? I really want people to like my site, just ive had little to no views :(

Thanks for the advice in this regard :)

P.S: I tried putting it in my sig on AF, the text wrapping angered me severely, so I gave up XD

Cantelope
04-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Links, podcasts, youtube videos, facebook, Google+, twitter, tumblr, etc. etc.

It's called social media, welcome to the 21st century

blueangel06661
04-17-2012, 08:49 AM
It's all up to you. Many ways to do it. Your site is only as good as your advertising. I have my own shop and I do my own advertising for it and it seems to work out well. I can't tell you how I do it since the way I advertise my shop would not benefit you since my target audience is different than yours so I have different methods of going about it.

Explorer Oak
04-17-2012, 08:57 AM
They only bother me on youtube videos, everything else is whatever.

blueangel06661
04-17-2012, 09:13 AM
I also forgot to mention, if you use things like read ADs be prepared to fork up some money.

Also you can advertise all you want, but if the quantity of your site isn't good or you advertise to the wrong target audience it won't do you any good.

CrimsonMoon
04-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Besides the others' opinions, I still suggest you to include your link in your signature, because honestly, I'm one of those people who randomly clicks on people's siggies here. Asking your friends can be advantageous too, since they can help advertise in their websites or any other social sites.

Gero50
04-17-2012, 10:31 AM
I would use Youtube, and make a few good videos on why the site should be viewed. You can also look for other sites who may be willing to host your add. That will most likely cost you some money though. I would also get a FB page set up as a lot of sites maintain their popularity through facebook, and sometimes Twitter as well. Those are pretty much the best ways I can think of.

sm00zy
04-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Social media is always the best way. asking your friends to help spread is a great help, but probably not the easiest thing to ask, i know i would be hella embarrassed if they found out i had a blog...