PDA

View Full Version : war games.your take

darkrider21
04-05-2012, 10:36 PM
this is just my thought.but i think they are making war games to make the genaration war redy.this is just my thought

Miss Manipulation
04-05-2012, 11:25 PM
In a way that makes sense. By making all these games like Call of Duty and whatnot (I never actually played COD so if I'm wrong about its genre please forgive me!) lots of kids do end up telling their parents they think it would be cool to be a soldier and dream of joining the army. As they mature, however, most people come to realize its just a game. A few others really do end up joining the army but I doubt it's really because they played a video game despite it having sparked their interest. Using video games as propaganda is actually quite clever. But I don't think they're really trying to do this. but I wouldn't doubt that if we needed more soldier so desperately somewhere, they would not hesitate to develop a game that really does manipulate you into joining the army.

Explorer Oak
04-06-2012, 02:20 AM
The military, as it is now, has no shortage of troops. If im right it's been this way for a while, so no i dont think this is the case. Military shooters have bean gaining rapid attention starting with cod 4 and so all the other companys jumped in the wagon and that is why there seems to be no end to them, haha!

blueangel06661
04-06-2012, 08:52 AM
Oh yes, COD is totally going to get you war ready

I mean all COD prepares you to do is cuss out newbs, waste Ammo, think you can really change your perks at will (I.E. Run faster, decide if you can scavage or not, decide how good your eyesight is to be able to see enemies further away, final stand], lets you heal in 5 seconds, care packages magically fall out of the sky when you get (x) amount of kills, and that camping is actually a bad and shunned tactic even though that's all you do in the real world. In no way does this game actually mimic real war preparation enough to help anyone remotely survive, ask my brother he'd be glad to tell you.

I play MW3 all the time.

Munchman
04-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Oh really? And who would be the great enemy of this supposed "war"?
A ragtag group of Muslims , poorly armed and with no training and organization whatsoever?
Maybe China? The truth is , the US doesn't have the money for a full-out war , and trust me ,a war with China would take a while , and would cause a lot of casualties.
On the other hand , China has no reason to declare war on NATO, since their economy is export-oriented , and by declaring war on the largest economies in the world ,they would have nowhere to send their crappy products to, causing their economy to hit the gutter.
Maybe it is Russia , the fabled enemy of the west. However , Russia has neither the money nor the aptitude for a war at the moment, so any offensive actions by Russia would be ridiculous. And no other country would make a move on Russia , since it doesn't have any strategical value whatsoever (other than all their old nukes).
Perhaps it would be North Korea , the country that doesn't have the money to feed their own population , let alone start a war...
Lets face it , the diplomatic situation in the World right now is as stable as its ever gonna be. The only real war that might happen in the future is when the Nazis come back from the moon riding their Giant Combat Mechs to scour the world and get vengeance...

Reviewer03
04-06-2012, 09:52 AM
War games have been done since 20 years or so - and I doubt that "they" were planning that far ahead.

And beeing a solider in a game is a LOT more fun that been in the actual army - 99% of the army time is boredom, cleaning, training and trying to get sleep.

Velvet_Nightmare
04-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Military shooters are popular right now.
Popular, generally = money.

Thus, we have military shooters galore.

:)