PDA

View Full Version : RPG: Lockdown

Headphone Actor
03-31-2012, 09:23 PM
[LPS has approved this RPG]

You can visit the sign ups here → SIGN UPS (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?108083-Sign-up-Lockdown)
You can visit the OOC thread here → OOC (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?108144-OOC-Lockdown)

Quick re-cap on the history:
You've seen flyers about a new game called Lockdown, asking for beta-testers from around the globe. After getting a phone call asking for your assistance as a beta-tester within the game, you eventually give in and find the inventor's house, ready to beta-test. Little do you know, you will soon find yourself inside the game - not just simply playing with a controller.

Inside this game, Lockdown, you have been given the promise of immortality within the cyberworld. Your only chance of escape is to defeat the game, before the inventor of the game can defeat you and trap you inside a world of pixels and monsters. You must unite with the other players to find a way to succeed Lockdown.

Bosses, demons, and other monsters are abundant. Riddles and puzzles may trip you up frequently. Each player is given a number that is tattooed across their left eyelid, and a symbol that is embedded into the same eye's pupil. These numbers are key to know, as they can help you figure out riddles to doors. The symbols do the same, as they also represent a character's personality. Use hints within the game wisely. Patterns have been set up within Lockdown, and if you can recognize them, chances are you'll have better luck within the game.

Every player starts out at Level 0, with three Lives. If you lose all your Lives, your Level decreases by -1. Heart Containers can be found within Lockdown, as well as given, to add another life to a person. Specific monsters that are defeated drop certain things. More monsters are added to the game as time moves along. Their stats and items they drop will be posted whenever a new one appears.

Good luck to all players; you'll need that luck later on.

Now welcome to the game. The game of life, called Lockdown.

✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

{ Narration }
You find yourself in a room with several other people; kids, teenagers, and adults alike. The room is gray, completely made of brick and cement, consisting of one door that leads to the unfamiliar hallway you just ventured down. One glassy, white speaker rests on the ceiling of the room, along with a lightbulb. There is a click as a tall man wearing a security guard badge locks the single door, and he turns around to face the collection of people with a glint in his dark glasses.

The room is buzzing with boisterous chatter, but quickly hushes as a metallic zing meets the air, and a chunk of the floor parts to allow a gaming console (which is a sleek white, with only a switch on it; no plugs or buttons) to raise from the ground. Some people part away to make room for the device, and a few jump as a loud beeping noise sounds, and a deep voice is heard throughout the room from the speaker you saw earlier.

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls," the disembodied voice booms. "It is my pleasure to welcome you all to Lockdown; the newly stunning game that will soon be sweeping the nation, if not the entire world! However, before it ventures that far, the game needs beta-testers, which is where you all come in. Before you is the console and game called Lockdown. As you can see, there are no disc slots; the game is the entire system..."

Several people crane their necks to take in the device now, stumbling around each other clumsily. "In a few seconds, Lockdown will scan this room; which is when my voice will cut out. But don't fear, you will hear it again once you are in playmode. I digress, it is to my hopes that you will enjoy the game, and have sincere fun in it. The best of luck goes to you all~" He chimes, and almost says inaudibly: "You will need it." The voice pauses for a moment before continuing. "I must bid you all adieu for the moment. Once again, best of luck!" The voice clicks out with another loud beep, and a blue field is suddenly projected around the room; the light coming from none other than the Lockdown system.

Before you know it, there are screams from the other players as the room goes dark. You lose your breath for a moment as you feel yourself melt, twisting through time and space, before waking up in a room.

The room isn't completely blank; there's a boy standing in front of you. You blink away the haze for a second as you regain your breath, and the boy takes a step towards you.

{ IC; Fraud }

"Welcome to Level Zero," Fraud's voice is robotic as he speaks to each human in every separate room; holographic clones of himself.

"You have now entered Lockdown. I will appear occasionally to riddle you. As the admin has already said, I wish the best of luck to you.

"You have a weapon, a symbol, and a number. Use them wisely. You will be running into creatures frequently..." He tosses a bright green computer web at the nearest wall, and it transforms into a door.

"When you walk through this door, you will meet either a group of two or one person. They will help you explore the unfamiliar grounds of Lockdown." His signal begins to cut out, and the hologram glitches, before the mirage eventually vanishes with a 'plink' noise.

+ - + - +

Welcome to...
LEVEL 0

Life count: ♥ ♥ ♥
(3 Lives)

Beginner Level

EXPERIENCE POINTS until NEXT LEVEL: 50

✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

...my apologies for the long post... u.u"

Spydermonkey
04-01-2012, 09:47 AM
Kisuke was led into a room filled with gray walls, as they entered the door behind him was locked, this gave him a horrible feeling in the pit of his stomach. This is when the floors parted and a game system popped out. A man came over the speakers and explained the situation, something about the mans voice made Kisuke want to strangle him. After the speech Kisuke was scanned and put inside of the game, another person came up, this one was obviously a NPC of the game and through this green stuff which made a door, Kisuke was then told to enter the door, he wanted to refuse but knew he couldn't so as he went through the door he spat in the NPC's face who introduced itself as Fraud, a fitting name for a fitting scenario. On the other side of the was a empty room, so he was the first of the people or person he was to meet in this room so he sat in a traditional form on the ground with his katana ready for an iaido (quick-draw) strike if need be, waiting for the other characters.

Light Buster
04-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Mio shook her head as she was immediately transported into the game. Her friends were not by her side and she was alone, until someone showed up in front of her to introduce her to the first level, Zero.

(Fraud) "Welcome to Level Zero. You have now entered Lockdown. I will appear occasionally to riddle you. As the admin has already said, I wish the best of luck to you. You have a weapon, a symbol, and a number. Use them wisely. You will be running into creatures frequently... When you walk through this door, you will meet either a group of two or one person. They will help you explore the unfamiliar grounds of Lockdown."

Before Mio can ask questions, the mysterious boy known as Fraud disappeared before her. All was left was a door and with nothing left to do, she entered it, not knowing what is on the other side and as she entered, there was a man sitting down in his traditional way, seeing that he is a samurai. He looked like he was in a bad mood so she waited if there were others to meet up with and if her friends were to come through the door.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Fraud) "Welcome to Level Zero. You have now entered Lockdown. I will appear occasionally to riddle you. As the admin has already said, I wish the best of luck to you. You have a weapon, a symbol, and a number. Use them wisely. You will be running into creatures frequently... When you walk through this door, you will meet either a group of two or one person. They will help you explore the unfamiliar grounds of Lockdown."

Chika and Yumiko watched as the holographic boy disappeared. All they had was a door and a room they don't want to be in so they took the time to leave the room and into the door. When they entered, they saw a sexy girl standing around and a samurai sitting traditionally. Yumiko looked at her weapon for a couple of seconds while Chika checked hers as well and while they were prepared, they both needed to gather some people to form a team.

(Yumiko) "We better get a party together if we're going to get through this. What do you think, will these two work?"

Chika nodded silently and pointed that the first two people in this room would work...

OOC: April Fools' everyone.

Spydermonkey
04-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Before Kisuke could blink 3 women were in the room with him, he was confused for he thought there were going to only be 1 or 2 people in here, but that didn't matter. He stood up keeping one hand on his sheath at all times. He walked into the middle of the room and said " I don't expect any more people to enter this room soon so I intend to leave rather soon, anyone that wants to come with me come and introduce yourselves to me, I am Kisuke Miyamoto descendant of Miyamoto Musashi, My full name is Kisuke Miyamoto Musashi, but here you can call me The Samurai. Any who don't wish to travel with me is more than welcome to stay here and wait for others if they show up it is your call."

OOC: The Pirate lingo is BRILLIANT for an April Fools prank, and Light Buster are we going to play every RPG as teams XD

Light Buster
04-01-2012, 03:27 PM
(Kisuke 'The Samurai' Miyamoto) "I don't expect any more people to enter this room soon so I intend to leave rather soon, anyone that wants to come with me come and introduce yourselves to me, I am Kisuke Miyamoto descendant of Miyamoto Musashi, My full name is Kisuke Miyamoto Musashi, but here you can call me The Samurai. Any who don't wish to travel with me is more than welcome to stay here and wait for others if they show up it is your call."
(Yumiko 'Yumishima' Mizushima) "Yumiko Mizushima, or Yumishima as you may know but I really prefer Yumiko. And this is Chika Fukui, but you can just call her Fukui, since she prefers it."

Yumiko introduced her since she was mostly quiet and as they introduced themselves to the man known as 'The Samurai', another girl stepped up and introduced herself.

(Mio Fujimoto) "No point in staying quiet. The name's Mio Fujimoto, go by the codename of Mioto but you can call me Mio though."
(Yumiko) "Mio huh? You'll and Samurai will be a great start for our team. If we tend to get through this alive, we'll need to work together as a whole."

Yumiko hoped that with the two new members of the team, everyone can get through the game alive.

Esiphas
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Lyla found herself in a room with several others. ''This is wierd.... Why would they bring us here?'' Her question was answered as the voice over the speakers rambled on. ''Is thsi some kind of sick joke?'' Lyla muttered. Then she felt a burning pain on her left eye and a sucking sensation, before she was drawn away from her body and sucked towards something. She saw a platform in the centre the... nothing.

Lyla awoke again, somewhere completley new. A Blank room, with a few other people. ''Oooh... my head... Hey!'' SH elooked down at the clothes she was wearing. ''Not my usual choice... But I guess tehy'll do.'' Toucching her elft eyelid, she felt sme strange bumps. A number... Number 39. Was this a bad sign? Probably.

She stopped dead as Fraud began to speak. Once he had finsihed, Lyla gripped her weapon tighter. Her weapon? Weapon?'' looking down, she saw her rod in her hand. ''This is so... strange....'' The aloud for everyone to hear, she said ''Whats going on? I'm all for immersive gaming, but this si just.... wierd!''

HairyCockroach
04-01-2012, 08:11 PM
I really got distracted this time.
Lethe scolded herself as Fraud disappeared before her eyes. She really had to finish the term paper that was due tomorrow. Not only that, but she had work early the next morning. Peering around her, Lethe grew immediately disappointed in Lockdown. The room her character appeared in wasn't impressive. No patterns, no delightful colors. Plain grey. She sighed. How very boring this beginning was. To her left was the door Fraud had opened for her. Other players were awaiting her on the other side.

What if I don't want to play with anyone?
Lethe never did work well in parties. She always felt dumb, one step behind, and no one seemed to ever enjoy her presence. She trudged toward the exit, glowering the whole way. Stepping one foot through, and then the other, she entered the second room.

Tim Nunyabizness
04-02-2012, 01:29 AM
Will entered the room and was scanning the people in it rather than listening too carefully to the spiel that was being told the assembled group. There was a rather broad mix of races, ages and nationalities which made sense to him since any company would want to appeal to as many people as possible for the greatest chance of success. Sighing to himself he wondered why he had agreed to this nonsense and quickly scolded himself. His temperament was very black as were his thoughts most of the time which is why he had decided to use that as his codename. Black. Simple, to the point and very much suitable to him. He was there because when the call came his children had been in the room and practically had burst with excitement for him. He didn’t want to disappoint them though his first reaction was to refuse to participate and never consider this, or any other game, again.

He started paying closer attention right as the room was bathed in blue light and they were moved to somewhere else. He felt his stomach lurch and let out a grunt of displeasure. It felt to him almost like an amusement park ride that takes off fast and leaves your stomach behind to catch up. When he was himself again, he straightened up and looked around this new room. He listened more carefully as the young man spoke before him and checked to see that he was in fact now armed with a weapon. Checking it over and familiarizing himself with it as best he could. He made his way through the open door.

OOC: Do we ask for DM/GM assistance for the unknowns, or do we leave our posts open ended and assume the DM/GM will lead us to the next part?

Esiphas
04-02-2012, 03:05 AM
Lyla realised she was Alone in the room. Feeling rather foolish, she clipped her Rod to the belt of her robes and left. Seeing a scowling Girl coming from another room, She smiled and Waved. ''Isn't this place wierd...'' She said to herself. Reaching teh centre of the room, she stood, Smiling, waiting for the other girl- and whoever their third member might be. I hope i'm not the only one being optimistic here... she thought.

Headphone Actor
04-02-2012, 10:09 AM
Tim Nunyabizness
It's your choice of whether or not you want GM assistance. If you really want to be paired with somebody, then join them. Seeing as the other characters already met up with one another, I'd suggest you choose which group you end up with. There are many people who haven't posted yet (probably because the April Fool's joke was so confusing yesterday xD), so you might wanna make your character interact with theirs to keep them in the loop. c:

{ IC; Fraud }

The green-haired boy's voice could be heard inside the rooms of people that had already formed groups: "Lockdown is filled with monsters. Bosses drop clues to exiting the game." He chimed, as a four dark blobs of black began to ooze out of the walls of the rooms that held groups. The darkness formed into small, demon-like creatures; crooked smiles stretching up their faces, and horns peeking out of the sides of their heads. They began to crawl towards the groups.

"Weapons help a lot. Good luck~ ♪"

+ - + - +

New Monster Encounter!
Species: Daemonis

Hits it Take to Defeat them: 3
Weak Point: Crown of the Head

Amount of Life each Attack Takes Away: 1/4th of a ♥
(a fourth of a heart)

EXPERIENCE POINTS that drop when defeated: 30

Only a post for those that are in groups. If you haven't posted yet, when you find your group, this will happen.

Light Buster
04-02-2012, 10:58 AM
(Yumiko) "It would seem that we've found our first set of monsters. Everyone, prepare for combat. These monsters won't go down in one hit so tread lightly. Aim for their crown on their heads, that will be their weak point."

Yumiko loaded her M9 and pulled back on its head to give it a click, singling its ready for use as well as deactivating its safety mechanism. Chika on the other hand prepared her blades as they spawned from her arms and Mio decided to get some extra XP for the team as she prepared her chi to her yellow form.

(Mio) "This will be interesting."
(Yumiko) "These monster like close range attacks so I'll take the first shot."

Yumiko took aim at one of the monster's crowns and pulled the trigger.

HairyCockroach
04-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Lethe studied the woman before her. She seemed like the overly cheerful type, the kind that never saw gloom even if it was backhanding her. "Isn't this place weird...?" her voice chimed, waving hesitantly at Lethe with an uncertain smile.
Lethe fought from becoming impatient so quickly into the game. I wonder if I'm working with a child. "Video games are meant to be weird, different from the norm of reality. Isn't that why we play them?"
Lethe took a calming breath (or was it a sigh?) before remarking, "A rather shoddy looking design if you ask me."

Luzifer
04-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Enoch half listened to the NPC/admin called “Fraud” give his speech. His attention was primarily focused on study the room in which he now found himself. It was a relatively sterile, though vaguely cyper-punk room. He was actually rather impressed with the attention to graphical detail. Not a polygon could seen even upon close inspection. The room seemed a bit spartan but he figured that was intentional by design. It gave the room a tabula rasa type of appearance that he figured the level designer was intending.

Fraud stopped talking and opened the door to the next area. Enoch… Metatron… he wasn’t certain how far he should be taking this new identity. However, he decided it was probably best if he continued to refer to himself as Enoch, if only to prevent identity diffusion. Once he met up with the other player he might start using Metatron as an obfuscation of his identity. More because he enjoyed that act of deception than because of an actual value the lie might have.

In any case, Enoch decided that it was best not to loiter since the other players would be moving ahead. Though… come to think of it, the idea of letting the other players move ahead and disarm all the traps had a certain appeal to it. The goal of the game was to reach the end, if he let others go ahead of him it might give him a better shot. At the expense of the others obviously, but if he was carefully they wouldn’t even realize. Besides, they might not even need him! And who was he to deny people their chance to succeed by their own merit?

Opening the door he stepped through. Instantly a new location clipped into place. He was in the middle of a long wide hallway. It was very similar in design to the first room only much larger. It, like the first, was empty. ‘Fraud’ had told him their would be others and unless his words took after his name (a pun that Enoch already felt was getting old) than that meant Enoch was either too early or too late. But which?

Tim Nunyabizness
04-02-2012, 08:20 PM
"A rather shoddy looking design if you ask me."

Will turned to look at the young woman that spoke and raised his eyebrow, his expressions had a tendency to run towards being stern.

"That's what makes it all the more likely that something bad is going to happen. They make you feel like you're looking at nothing and then you get punched in the stomach by something you didn't see coming."

He tried to soften his gaze a bit, realizing this young lady probably didn't want to be lectured nor 'taught' by some stranger.

"Name's Wil...er, I guess you should call me Black. What's your name?"

HateSpawn98
04-02-2012, 08:20 PM
OOC: TIME TO CATCH UP! *cracks his back, neck, knuckles, toes, ankles, and procrastination*

"Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls," the disembodied voice booms. "It is my pleasure to welcome you all to Lockdown; the newly stunning game that will soon be sweeping the nation, if not the entire world! However, before it ventures that far, the game needs beta-testers, which is where you all come in. Before you is the console and game called Lockdown. As you can see, there are no disc slots; the game is the entire system..."

Several people crane their necks to take in the device now, stumbling around each other clumsily. "In a few seconds, Lockdown will scan this room; which is when my voice will cut out. But don't fear, you will hear it again once you are in playmode. I digress, it is to my hopes that you will enjoy the game, and have sincere fun in it. The best of luck goes to you all~" He chimes, and almost says inaudibly: "You will need it." The voice pauses for a moment before continuing. "I must bid you all adieu for the moment. Once again, best of luck!" The voice clicks out with another loud beep, and a blue field is suddenly projected around the room; the light coming from none other than the Lockdown system.

Before you know it, there are screams from the other players as the room goes dark. You lose your breath for a moment as you feel yourself melt, twisting through time and space, before waking up in a room.

The room isn't completely blank; there's a boy standing in front of you. You blink away the haze for a second as you regain your breath, and the boy takes a step towards you.

{ IC; Fraud }

"Welcome to Level Zero," Fraud's voice is robotic as he speaks to each human in every separate room; holographic clones of himself.

"You have now entered Lockdown. I will appear occasionally to riddle you. As the admin has already said, I wish the best of luck to you.

"You have a weapon, a symbol, and a number. Use them wisely. You will be running into creatures frequently..." He tosses a bright green computer web at the nearest wall, and it transforms into a door.

"When you walk through this door, you will meet either a group of two or one person. They will help you explore the unfamiliar grounds of Lockdown." His signal begins to cut out, and the hologram glitches, before the mirage eventually vanishes with a 'plink' noise.

"Well now... That's a lot to take in. Let's think this through..." His mind began to race he was supposed to grab the console and hack it from his phone so that it would reset it's self and make it crash.

"I already see 32 different glitches and 9 breaks in the game. Who designed this? Amateurs?" He scoffed has he felt a blade at his side. It glowed a purple hint and was a sharp and swift blade.

"This could cut through a lot of things." He sighed "For now I work alone, gather as much Experience as possible and try not to die." His guts hurt when he said that.

"Game on." He entered the door way hand on blade, there were no other beings in the room until...
{ IC; Fraud }

The green-haired boy's voice could be heard inside the rooms of people that had already formed groups: "Lockdown is filled with monsters. Bosses drop clues to exiting the game." He chimed, as a four dark blobs of black began to ooze out of the walls of the rooms that held groups. The darkness formed into small, demon-like creatures; crooked smiles stretching up their faces, and horns peeking out of the sides of their heads. They began to crawl towards the groups.

"Weapons help a lot. Good luck~ ♪"

"Haha. This must be some kind of little kids game." He said cockly like pulling his blade and dashing forward, his blade cut one of the little demons things in half a clean cut across the neck.

"One down three to go." Quickly he took the hilt of the blade and shoved it into the gut of another then spun the sword backwards making the hilt spin in his hand and slicing the other demon right down the head.

"Amateurs! Come one! This is to easy!" He kicked another into the ground and slashed across it's throat easy as pie.

Then the last one stood...

---------------------

Haha hope this works <3

HairyCockroach
04-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Lethe watched Black. He had a gun like her own character, while Lyla held a rod. She didn't understand the mechanics of classes, or if there even were classes. Perhaps the game ran on the basic Warrior, Archer, Mage engine but players were able to choose their own weapons that ran under those categories.

Black: "That's what makes it all the more likely that something bad is going to happen. They make you feel like you're looking at nothing and then you get punched in the stomach by something you didn't see coming."

He makes the game seem even more cliche. He asked for her name, but she saw no point in giving it. Lethe doubted she'd last very long in Lockdown, almost wished she wouldn't so she could get back to her paper. Her breath halted as black liquid began seeping through the pores in the walls. She took a few steps away. "Black..."
The man stared at her, awaiting her name. The liquid started forming into creatures as Daemonis appeared across her vision.
"No, not you! There's a black creature behind you!"

Light Buster
04-02-2012, 09:04 PM
Chika noted that one of the monsters lit up red and she quickly dashed over to it and stabbed it in the crown of the head.

(Chika) "Danger Removal."

The monster was no longer a threat as the monster began to disintegrate into pixels as they disappeared. Yumiko on the other hand landed more shots into her target's head and after burning a quarter of her clip, the monster vanished into pixels of the world's air. Mio on the other hand landed a series of blows to take out her monster. Their first set of monsters were defeated.

(Yumiko) "Okay, that's it for the first set. We're off to a great start."

OOC: Hopefully this is okay for me to do.

Spydermonkey
04-02-2012, 10:02 PM
Kisuke ran up to one monster and slashed at it repeatedly until it lit red and than in one swift motion he jumped into the air spun in a summer salt motion and cut the monster in half. when he got up he said "boy that wasn't much of a challenge, hopefully they get a little harder" than he heard Yumiko say "thats it for the first set" and he remembered that it was only the beginning. and they were of to the next challenge.

Luzifer
04-02-2012, 11:32 PM
The "Fraud" character's voice rang like a cracked bell, mocking as a pool of ooze slipped between invisible cracks in the wall. Enoch sighed and with a thought a menu of options dropped across his vision. He hadn't yet checked what his abilities were to be within the world. He had just sort of assumed it would sort itself out. He figured their would be a point where he picked his specs and what not but that appeared not to be the case, as he was already engaged in combat. The "Fraud" imp had mentioned that weapons would be useful so he checked his inventory first. Outside of what said "Starter Clothes" his person was bear. That meant he was unarmed and he quickly became apprehensive about his ability to fight with his fists.

By this point three oozes had fully materialized and so Enoch moved back quietly and slowly. He noticed which way they moved and assumed that that direction was the "front" of the model, at least for Line Of Sight purposes. He moved slowly but deliberately to keep himself out of the oozes line of sight. As long he didn't get too close and make what ever passive trigger represented the creatures other senses activate he should be able to avoid notice while he figured out a plan.

He closed the inventory tab in his head, pleased with how ease the sub-menu's were to navigate in this game. Rummaging through his menu's he decide to check his abilities tab. He was pleased to actually find something. Apparently he had access to what might broadly be called "trickster magic". That is stealth, illusion and other abilities that required a subtle touch. Something that pleased him greatly since he was not lacking in the ability ply the subtle trades. He decided to follow Ocham's Razor: the simplest solution is often the best. He activated Fade. Magic pulled into his hands and with a motion it was dispersed across his form, rendering him invisible. This would help avoid triggering the line of sight on the oozes though he still had to be careful not to trigger their passive sense radii. Not that he was certain they even had one, he was just conjecturing on what normally was the case. Besides Fade specifically focused on visual cloaking and might not hide any aural tracks he might leave.

Sufficiently hidden, he carefully worked his way through the oozes. Not moving quickly but everytime carefully keeping maximum distance between him and each ooze.

Esiphas
04-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Lyla noticed the Black creatures forming as the other Woman and Black excahnged a few words. As teh Woman shouted a Warning, Lyla felt the Rod pulsing in her hands. Rasining it up, she clubbed one of the 4 creatures away as it jumped at her. A Ball of light appeared in her hands, and she threw it, as it struck the creature it screamed, burning away intill it disintergrated into the code it had come from. ''Not so hard.'' She said. ''That leaves 3, one for each of us!'' More ligt apeared in her hadns, and she sent a searing ray towards her target- though it had seen it coming, and it dodged to one side.

Tim Nunyabizness
04-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Will was waiting for the young woman to answer and was beginning to doubt she would.

Hmm, not the friendly type.

She suddenly looked at him, no past him and said his name. At least that's what he had though until she clarified that something was materializing behind him. Pulling his weapon, he turned and took aim. Pulling the trigger a pulse of electricity arced from the barrel, but rather than moving in a jagged, lightning-like bolt it fired a small cluster of what appeared to be pure electricity and it moved straight and true. Unfortunately his aim was off and it struck the wall. Firing again twice more he finally connected with the creature and it proceeded to 'die'.

"Well, that worked out better than I expected. This thing doesn't have much of a recoil and works straight-forward enough. I wonder how the hell I reload it though."

Darkfyre
04-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Lane stands in the center of the room staring at the door created by that "Fraud" character. Almost instantly his mind goes to the similarities of a figure of literature, but he puts that to the back of his mind as he tightens his grip on what appears to be a switch for his katar. Almost instantly the blade of the weapon resting on his wrist splits in half before fusing back together. With this Lane, no, Chaotic Misfortune walks through the green door. The second that he materializes in the next room, his instincts tell him to drop. Not being one to ignore such a command, he falls to the ground and watches as a black creature slams a fist hard into the wall that he just came out of. Chaotic quickly analyzes the situation and realizes that he's the only person in the room. But before any other thoughts run through his mind, he grips the arm of the creature and slings himself upwards. The creature attempts at slam a fist into the airborne target, but Chaotic just shifts his weight to the side and spirals downwards with the blade of the Katar pointing downwards.

After the initial impact, the young teacher activates the switch and watches as the blade splits inside to crown of the creature's head. As if getting bored with his newfound acrobatics, Chaotic pushes himself from the head of the creature and finds himself high in the air. He quickly looks at the other occupants of the room, and notices that there are two more of those creatures and a spot where the light seems a bit distorted. But he pays that spot no mind at the moment and instead focuses his attention on the creature that he is quickly approaching. He readies the blade on his wrist as it fuses back together once more only for him to slash as he passes by the creature. He quickly spins in his spot and sinks the blade once more into the back of the creature before pulling the switch once more.

"Two down, one to go. Do you want to handle this one, inviso-boy?" he asks as he looks straight at the person where the light seems a bit distorted.

HairyCockroach
04-04-2012, 01:12 PM
Black and Lyla immediately attacked while Lethe stood watching. Adrenaline rushed through her veins at the sight of the creatures but she now realized that there wasn't much harm to them. She pulled her revolver from the halter and aimed it curiously at the last creature. Don't make a fool of yourself, Lethe. Just pull the trigger. She focused on Daemonis' head, aiming it slightly below the head in case her aim was off. This isn't archery. The bullet should shoot straight if you aim it correctly. Slowly squeezing the trigger, the gun went off with a bang, obliterating the creature's face into grotesque pixelated pieces. Lethe watched the creature scream in dumb fascination as black oozed from it's face. It blindly sought for something to attack as Lethe pulled the trigger again. The second bullet burrowed itself deep into its face before the Daemonis exploded into party favor like pixels.

Esiphas
04-04-2012, 02:37 PM
Lyla saw Lethe attack her taget and obliterate it in a pair of shts. Smiling to herelf, she summoned one more ball of light and put it into her target. It screamed as the ball burned its legs off, and as it flew through the air, she smacked it in the face with her rod, the light acting almost as a balde and slicing it in half. ''Good work people!'' She said, cheerily. ''So... You are both Gunner-archtypes. Black, you use an almost magical gun- so your something akin to a Hexgunner. As for you, miss no-name, your a Ranger type class- albiet with firears. And I appear to have become a mage, possbly a preist, or priestessif you like.

Headphone Actor
04-04-2012, 03:50 PM
For those of you that have finished defeating the Daemonis;

{ IC; Fraud }

"Congratulations! You've just defeated the easiest monster in the game." Fraud deadpans; sarcasm dripping from his voice as a door materializes on the group's room's wall, and he walks through it. He claps, hands making an electronically dull sound. "I'm so proud of you." He leans against the door frame, no expression present.

"My name is Fraud, by the way. I don't think I've introduced myself. You'll be seeing less of me as you progress in the game, and comprehend the basics." He examines his nails as he finishes speaking, glancing at the people in the room.

"Anyways, beyond this door, the rooms get a bit more, ehh, 'interesting,' to say the least." He explains. "The room that you'll soon enter is known as the Labyrinth. It's basically the entrance into the better part of the game. After all, you gamers all know how boring the beginning command tutorials in a game can be~

"I digress, there's a surprise at the dead center of this maze. Whether it's good or bad is your pick, although to advance out of the Labyrinth, you need to find the exit, not the center." He shrugs, and turns his back to those in the room.

"Oh yeah, and I'd suggest collecting what that Daemonis just dropped." He adds, pointing at a flickering map that has spawned from a Daemonis's death, before his own hologram fades out with an all-too-familiar 'plink.' "Although the map is burnt and tattered, there might be some clues to get you out of the Labyrinth." His voice echoes, even though his body is gone.

"Have fun~" ♫

+ - + - +

OBTAINED ITEM:
WORN-OUT MAP

Hint: Use this map in the Labyrinth to help you escape... unless your interest has been caught by what might be in the center of the maze?~

+ - + - +

EXPERIENCE POINTS and STATS:

Jake Meyer
- Level 1
- Lives: ♥ ♥ ♥ (3 Hearts)
- Experience points: 70
- Experience points till next level: 30

Lethe
- Level 0
- Experience points: 30
- Experience points till next level: 20

Black
- Level 0

Lyla
- Level 1
- Experience points: 10
- Experience points till next level: 90

Chaotic Misfortune
- Level 1
- Experience points: 10
- Experience points till next level: 90

Mioto
- Level 0

Yumishima
- Level 0

Chikui
- Level 0

The Samurai
- Level 0

Metatron
- Level 0
- Experience points: 0
- Experience points till next level: 50

** NEW CHARACTER ARRIVAL **

Robin
- Level 0
- Experience points: 0
- Experience points till next level: 50

Luzifer
04-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Enoch was momentarily despondent. That was several minutes of care and stealth completely tossed out the window. He didn't imagine his starter level stealth ability would be very good but this was particularly disappointing. Still he kept his head level and flashed a grin, "Oh...no... You seem to have things under control. I wouldn't want to interfere with your fun." Enoch kept his distance from the remaining ooze not wanting to risk detection. He figured he could just let this person do the fighting, if he was so bent on it. Enoch would much rather avoid conflict where possible, but as long as it didn't include him, he was not adverse to it occuring.

Spydermonkey
04-04-2012, 05:41 PM
The Samurai than walked over picked up the map, gave it a quick glance and looked at his teammates, and said "So do we go to the middle to find whats there or do we find the exit, your choices"

Darkfyre
04-04-2012, 06:55 PM
"Well alright. But you won't be able to level as quickly if you don't fight anything. This is still just a game, you know."

With that Chaotic crouches once more and flips backwards to land on the back of one of the last two creatures. He holds on with all of his strength and yells to get the attention of the last one. Luckily, the fourth takes notice of the strange "growth" sitting on the head of its friend and tackles the creature. Chaotic quickly pushes off of the first creature and slides down the back of the second by using the blade of his katar to slow him down. Once at the bottom he squeezes the trigger once more and jerks the split blade out of the back only to see that the creature is now glowing a bit red. Chaotic jumps back and examines the situation. He instantly finds the spot with the distorted light off in the distance before he looks to the two creatures now charging at him.

"Let's finish this. These small fries are always dull."

He quickly opens the menu in his vision and glides over to the skills. There he sees his one Ninja Art, simply known as Fire Storm. He quickly selects the attack after skimming through the description. His body automatically flows through the motions of forming various seals with his hands. With that last seal his body exudes power that quickly turns into flames around his body. The first one, the one glowing red due to low health, quickly vanishes from the spot leaving an opening for the last of the two, this one now glowing red. But Chaotic has his speed set a little too high. He sinks the blade of his katar into the stomach of the creature while it throws a punch, but the creature simply vanishes before contact can be made.

"I don't know where you're at right now, but the name's Chaotic Misfortune. Let's just hope I don't live up to that name. And you are?" But something catches his attention. He reaches into the remaining ooze and pulls a worn out map that quickly cleans itself. "Well, I guess we have a map."

Light Buster
04-04-2012, 08:02 PM
(Yumiko) "The middle of the map may contain something useful but as far as are knowledge goes, it can be a trap. If we skip it, we might miss out on something special but will be safe than sorry."

The group gave Yumiko some time to think as she made her decision.

(Mio) "Even if it's like a monster there, we can still defeat it and gain experience from it."
(Yumiko) "True, but if it is a monster that is a couple of steps ahead of us or even a death trap, we won't last long."

Yumiko continued to think on this hard decision and finally made her choice.

(Yumiko) "All right, we're going to the middle of that labyrinth."
(Mio) "Good, that's what I like to hear. We can see what's up and we can get ahead of the game."
(Yumiko) "Don't get over zealous, we may run into traps along the way so don't rush ahead unless anyone knows what's ahead of us."

Tim Nunyabizness
04-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Black looked at the yet un-named young lady who had warned him, and the second who was spouting a bunch of game-speak that he didn't really follow.

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. A lot of this is lost on me, however I have played a few fighting games and first person shooters. I'm assuming our 'skills' will materialize during the game and we will learn more about what we can do as we move along."

Reaching down, he picked up the map and moved to stand roughly between the two ladies. They seemed to be a loose-knit group at the moment and while he wasn't very fond of team-playing, he also wasn't comfortable just running off on his own, especially in light of what they had been told.

"This map is a bit tattered and without a point of reference I'm not sure how useful it will be, but it's information and we should try and familiarize ourselves with it."

OOC: GM, what exactly does the map show?

HairyCockroach
04-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Lethe's hand twitched while listening to Lyla's ramble. "Mages and priests aren't interchangeable. If you don't have a clue, why don't you take a look at your menu, or do you not know what that is either?"

Spydermonkey
04-04-2012, 10:12 PM
The samurai took the lead down the labyrinth, followed by the others, he had his katana drawn, but he was using the sheath to scout out the land in front of him, he turned to the girls and said "follow my exact path" they than reached a corner and he asked them " left or right? i like right but where do you want to go?"

Luzifer
04-04-2012, 10:21 PM
"I do not level. Enemies cannot attack me and I gain no experience", he lied, not sure where he was going with the lie but deciding not to tell the truth until he had a reason. He sat back and let the new comer finish off the fight that he had started. If this person represented the overall power level of the player characters than it was definitely in Enoch's best interest to remain hidden, looking through his skill list, all his abilities focused heavily on misdirection and avoidance. The only way he could deal damage, according to the skill descriptions, would be if he were to make his opponents fight each other, meaning that if he were to be attacked by a single creature he would literally have no recourse but to run. In a fight, he was useless, which just mean he had to not get in any fights.

Once, the other person had finished fighting, he spoke to Enoch, introducing himself as Chaotic Misfortune. No doubt a pseudonym. He figured one good lie deserved another. "Good to meet you." he said, remaining hidden, "I am Metatron, a mere scribe. I exist purely to oversee the various player characters. If you wish I also have the capacity to save your game file if you so choose. You may not be able to see me but I will always be watching." He kept his tone level and matter of fact. He wanted to sell himself as a mere NPC. "I can also provide you status updates on all the other players in the game so you can determine relative progress." More bluffing.

Esiphas
04-05-2012, 04:10 AM
Lyla laughed. "I dont know how to.... Shall we say, Open, a menyu here. Equiping is as easy as Dropping my rod and picking it up, I imagine, though im not too keen on the idea of it, just in case. And I know mages and priests arent interchangeable, but Both have similar abilitys to myself- namely flashy light blasts and such. If i start healing, I guess We'll know." She gave Lethe a smile, then picked up the map. "So... We can head to the centre, and find or fight whatever lies at the centre- or both, seeing as tradition dictates trwasure or magical items are guarded, or just head to the exit."

HairyCockroach
04-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Lethe frowned, looking down at the revolver she still held in her hand. Cool it, girly. You're only making a fool of yourself. She ran her finger along the blade at the base of the barrel. It didn't seem like a convenient place for a blade, but she could try to remove it later. The gun was large for a revolver, even with her lesser knowledge on guns. She wondered if Black knew anything about them, but she wasn't one to ask questions. If they found some downtime, she could take a closer inspection. Taking note she already fired twice, she gingerly returned it to its halter, hoping she wouldn't shoot herself in the process.

Light Buster
04-05-2012, 01:37 PM
(Yumiko) "Okay, if we're going to get through the middle and out of the maze, we need find the most optimal path through the maze. Mr. Samurai, please hand me the map."

Yumiko then took the map, equipped herself with reading glasses, and looked at the map herself.

(Yumiko) "Let's see..."

Everyone else then gathered around her to see the map for themselves.

OOC: Sodapop Buffalo Need the map...

The Nana Ryu
04-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Robin looked about the room and wondered.
'What the hell would she be writing about the game it seemed okay and like any other RPG-“
Shaking her head.
"NO! No! No!"
'That's not the point get out of writer/critique mode!'
She thought
‘looks like I’m alone Great!’
She sighed and looked about for a door.
'there should be one or at least a NPC to explain the game to me or other experienced players man this sucks'

HateSpawn98
04-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Jake took one last swing at the last standing demon. His sword slit across the throat and it disappeared. His smile turned twisted as he laughed killing the beast.
"This is to eas---" He was cut off by the sound of the kids voice from earlier.

"Congratulations! You've just defeated the easiest monster in the game." Fraud deadpans; sarcasm dripping from his voice as a door materializes on the group's room's wall, and he walks through it. He claps, hands making an electronically dull sound. "I'm so proud of you." He leans against the door frame, no expression present.

"My name is Fraud, by the way. I don't think I've introduced myself. You'll be seeing less of me as you progress in the game, and comprehend the basics." He examines his nails as he finishes speaking, glancing at the people in the room.

"Anyways, beyond this door, the rooms get a bit more, ehh, 'interesting,' to say the least." He explains. "The room that you'll soon enter is known as the Labyrinth. It's basically the entrance into the better part of the game. After all, you gamers all know how boring the beginning command tutorials in a game can be~

"I digress, there's a surprise at the dead center of this maze. Whether it's good or bad is your pick, although to advance out of the Labyrinth, you need to find the exit, not the center." He shrugs, and turns his back to those in the room.

"Oh yeah, and I'd suggest collecting what that Daemonis just dropped." He adds, pointing at a flickering map that has spawned from a Daemonis's death, before his own hologram fades out with an all-too-familiar 'plink.' "Although the map is burnt and tattered, there might be some clues to get you out of the Labyrinth." His voice echoes, even though his body is gone.

"Have fun~" ♫

"Guess im going to the center of this little maze thingy." He walked towards the door and creaked it open expecting some trap or something to activate. Instead he heard a noise behind him that sounded like another person.

"Who's there?" (Nana I tried to give you an entrance XD)

The Nana Ryu
04-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Jake took one last swing at the last standing demon. His sword slit across the throat and it disappeared. His smile turned twisted as he laughed killing the beast.
"This is to eas---" He was cut off by the sound of the kids voice from earlier.

"Have fun~" ♫

"Guess im going to the center of this little maze thingy." He walked towards the door and creaked it open expecting some trap or something to activate. Instead he heard a noise behind him that sounded like another person.

"Who's there?" (Nana I tried to give you an entrance XD)
( :D thx Hate)
"Eh?"
Robin turned around and saw a man standing there. he had horns, white hair, and looked really cute (yes I know)
she walked over to him and stuck out her her hand and said
"Hi! I'm Robin."

HateSpawn98
04-09-2012, 06:14 PM
"Eh?"
Robin turned around and saw a man standing there. he had horns, white hair, and looked really cute (yes I know)
she walked over to him and stuck out her her hand and said
"Hi! I'm Robin."

"Robin. I take it your another player." He scoffed because he thought he would be alone but he could not change it now.

"Listen to me. If your a burden, or get in my way, I wont hesitate to kill you in this world. No matter how many lives you have." He hissed with a low tone of a growl.

"Understood? Your just another amateur in my book." Jake said as he faced Robin.

The Nana Ryu
04-09-2012, 06:20 PM
"Robin. I take it your another player." He scoffed because he thought he would be alone but he could not change it now.

"Listen to me. If your a burden, or get in my way, I wont hesitate to kill you in this world. No matter how many lives you have." He hissed with a low tone of a growl.

"Understood? Your just another amateur in my book." Jake said as he faced Robin.
'Talk about worse than Batman'
she thought.
"Gotcha but if you want help you have to ask I won't give any"
'Well cute bod but no personality'
"So whats that in your hands......Um didn't catch your name with you growling at me"
Robin said after noticing the tattered map in his hands.
"Can I have a look?"

Esiphas
04-09-2012, 07:49 PM
Lyla looked up from the Map. "Well? I cant just aay one way or another.Were obvioualy meant to be a party.So we stick together." She smiled. "And you still havent given us your name, Miss Mysteey. Any readon why?" She continued examining the Map whilst she waited for her Answets, growling ad she tried to.merise the map to no Avail.

HateSpawn98
04-11-2012, 01:16 AM
"Gotcha but if you want help you have to ask I won't give any"
"So whats that in your hands......Um didn't catch your name with you growling at me"
Robin said after noticing the tattered map in his hands.
"Can I have a look?"

"Just like women, always butting into business. It's a map of the next area, nothing special, it's a maze and we are going to the center with no questions asked." Jake's tone hissed at her, he did not like people and women just flirted and got him into trouble.

"I'm Jake. That's what you can call me anyways." He looked at the map and made enough room for her to walk over and see it if she wanted to.

The Nana Ryu
04-11-2012, 10:20 AM
"Just like women, always butting into business. It's a map of the next area, nothing special, it's a maze and we are going to the center with no questions asked." Jake's tone hissed at her, he did not like people and women just flirted and got him into trouble.
"I'm Jake. That's what you can call me anyways." He looked at the map and made enough room for her to walk over and see it if she wanted to.
'Is this guy a woman-hater or what'
she thought as she walked over and took a look at it. It was interesting and she was curious about the center.
"Any idea whats at the center? Since I missed the NPC talking and giving the tutorial Jake."
She began to wonder what b**chy a** woman made him this way.

HateSpawn98
04-11-2012, 04:05 PM
"Any idea whats at the center? Since I missed the NPC talking and giving the tutorial Jake."

"The NPC said simply that there was a surprise in the middle, and it could be anything knowing these people... Programers, psh. All amateurs. Who ever designed at least this "Level 0" should be punished for the amount of bugs and glitches. Sorry, i'm getting away from the point, I took out three little demon monster things easy as pie and then we got this map thing, quite simple." His voice had gone from a low growl to his normal angry voice. It was stuck at this point, only when he was disappointed from a game being to easy.

"I mean come on. Devil May Cry 2 was harder than this." He said mostly to himself to make him chuckle.

The Nana Ryu
04-11-2012, 06:15 PM
"The NPC said simply that there was a surprise in the middle, and it could be anything knowing these people... Programers, psh. All amateurs. Who ever designed at least this "Level 0" should be punished for the amount of bugs and glitches. Sorry, i'm getting away from the point, I took out three little demon monster things easy as pie and then we got this map thing, quite simple." His voice had gone from a low growl to his normal angry voice. It was stuck at this point, only when he was disappointed from a game being to easy.

"I mean come on. Devil May Cry 2 was harder than this." He said mostly to himself to make him chuckle.
"I agree and I had to right a critique on it this one is going to be a snap really"
'well he's being semi nice'
she thought
'could i be beauty and him the beast??'
"Still I agree the middle does sound fun anyway how hard were the monsters like HP wise probably like 20Hp"
she said to him and herself.

HateSpawn98
04-12-2012, 05:17 PM
"I agree and I had to right a critique on it this one is going to be a snap really"
'well he's being semi nice'
she thought
'could i be beauty and him the beast??'
"Still I agree the middle does sound fun anyway how hard were the monsters like HP wise probably like 20Hp"
she said to him and herself.

"Heh, alright. Let's so ahead and go with that. They had no less than 10 HP tops, it was a quick slash or stab to the throat or body. I should have saved one or two for you to kill. Make sure you would not die on round 0." He hissed and then looked at the map once more
"The middle is where we go." He cracked his neck and rolled up the map.

Light Buster
04-12-2012, 06:01 PM
OOC: Since Spydermonkey isn't here, I'll just post without him...

IC:

(Yumiko) "Hmm...It would seem that this maze cuts through the middle and to the end as well. We can go through both areas and get both benefits so we'll start there. All right guys, let's go."

Yumiko took off her reading glasses but kept the map. She had a feeling that she'll need to look back at it as everyone else followed her...

HairyCockroach
04-12-2012, 07:33 PM
As Lethe put her gun away, she heard Lyla asking for her name but then immediately preoccupy herself with the map that Black held. Watching the two so close together, she only guessed the girl's vain attempt to get someone's attention. Lethe frowned at the prospect as doubts began to creep into her consciousness. Looking down at her weapon once more, she wondered if she had any abilities at all. It seemed Lyla had magic capabilities, as did Black, but what about her? She wasn't a fan of magic, but she wasn't a fan of being useless either. A familiar throb in her chest only intensified her feelings but she shook it off. Five minutes into the game shouldn't cause emotional instability.
She shifted her weight and crossed her arms as she thought deeply. This game didn't come with any pre-programmed manuals to read, and it started off with no tutorial. It wasn't clear to her how to open up her own character for closer speculation. She closed her eyes and tried to find some internal switch or answers to her questions.

Tim Nunyabizness
04-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Black watched the two women and noticed the one was almost completely silent other than her warning to him when the creature had appeared behind him. In truth he was beginning to get annoyed. If she wasn't going to speak, then she wouldn't be much use and would probably be killed off quickly. This game seemed to be based on having teams and teams needed communication.

"So what is the plan? Do we go to the middle, or do we try and get out of here? Since it's a game, I assume finding out what's in the middle would make the most sense. Unless you would both prefer to just rush to the end and try to exit?"

He checked his weapon and wrapped his hand around it, then released it several times. He wanted to get used to the feel so he would be able to draw more quickly. Hesitation would likely mean death and while he didn't expect to do as well as others, he didn't want to make a fool of himself either.

Esiphas
04-13-2012, 02:39 AM
Lyla nodded. "I agree on the middle, and seing as Miss Mystery over there wont say a word, I guess we have our destination. To the middle we go- be prepared for a boss fight or somethin like that." Summoning up a globe light so they could see in the Labrynth, She stepped through the door.

Spydermonkey
04-13-2012, 04:37 PM
OOC: sorry finals are up coming been studying XD so short posts for a bit. I will try and check once a night.

yumiko seemed to know where she was going so he followed behind her, but kept aware of what was happening around them, he decided to keep his katana slightly unsheathed so that it was ready.

HairyCockroach
04-13-2012, 05:07 PM
The decision being made to seek the center of the labyrinth, Lethe discontinued trying to figure out her character's capabilities. She'd have to learn on the way. Lyla summoned a luminous ball of light and immediately plunged through the door. Lethe was quick to follow, but with a bit of caution. She already felt isolation in her team, and this new "Miss Mystery" nickname she wasn't a fan of. She frowned to herself, because realistically, it was no one's fault but her own. I better die quickly, or become useful soon.

Light Buster
04-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Yumiko approached the first corner she moved along the wall and to be sure that it wasn't a trap, she took a peek around the corner. No enemies, no traps, so far so good. She signaled the others to tag along as the remainder of the group began to follow. Mio and Chika then moved to Yumiko's side for questions.

(Mio) "What do you think is in the middle of this maze?"
(Yumiko) "My guess as good as yours. So far their hasn't been a monster that we have a hard time on but we need to keep our guard up."
(Mio) "I'm inchin' for a fight. Get some more experience so we can walk through the rest of this."
(Yumiko) "You'll get your chance. Chika, I need you to asses and give us a heads up on anything we run into just to be safe."

Chika nodded silently as she began to concentrate to see if there were any traps nearby.

Spydermonkey
04-14-2012, 09:31 AM
The samurai was a little bored with how things we turning out, hoping around the corner was lurking some creature and in the situation he remembered an old myth about a prince his lover and a labyrinth, and he wondered, maybe we hadn't run into any creatures yet because there was only one and it was hunting not just one group but all of the groups, but than he thought that that was all just in his head and that they wouldn't do such a thing in a game.

Headphone Actor
04-14-2012, 06:30 PM
Fufufufufufu *hyperventilates* I LOVE YOU ALL ;w; ...even though I didn't update the map... you posted x,] *squishes you all into a big group hug*
I'm sorry I haven't been posting; first week at my new school and I got a bit behind on some things--- my English teacher speaks in Spanish half the time. I don't get that "orz Anyways, enough of my rants; here's the map:

It appears somebody has written on the map. Maybe a previous player? They've marked where the beginning, end, and heart are.
http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg516/FantaReaper/Labyrinth.png

(sorry; my editing sucks in this picture /sobs in corner/)

Light Buster
04-14-2012, 08:31 PM
OOC: Thank you Sodapop Buffalo . Now I can continue doing my business while you can do the same.

(Yumiko) "Okay, looks like we're getting close to the middle of the maze according to the map. There seems to be a heart in the middle of the map but we shouldn't rush in their until we know for sure it isn't a trap. Mio, keep your powers flowing. I have a feeling that we need them."
(Mio) "You got it. You have any plans for them?"
(Yumiko) "I'll be able to pass on your powers between us and everyone we're together with. Chika, continue to point out traps for us, we need to be ready for anything."

Chika remained silent but she was still doing what she does best as the group drew closer to the middle...

Tim Nunyabizness
04-15-2012, 01:49 AM
As the two women proceeded forward, Black took up the rear. He didn't want to seem sexist, but he was kind of old-fashioned and thought that as the man he should take up the rear so he could cover their movement as well as assist should they be attacked from the front. Being at the end allowed him complete access should any enemy arise. As they walked, he tried to learn how his abilities worked. Some of it was relatively simple, like the gun, but what else he could do was a mystery to him. He wasn't even sure if he had full access to his powers, or if they would be made available as his level increased.

Speaking of mysteries, he wondered why the young woman in his party was so content to be distant from them. It didn't seem like a very good strategy though maybe there was something to be said for not getting too close to people you may have to watch die. Even in a game.

OOC: GM, do we have full use of our abilities at any level, or are we restricted until our powers are unlocked with certain levels? I'm assuming everything is available since it would be difficult to keep track of otherwise, but I wanted to make sure to keep consistent.

HairyCockroach
04-15-2012, 03:10 AM
Lethe tripped upon Lyla's trailing robes as she stepped through the portal. She stumbled forward awkwardly, righting herself against the gargantuan wall before them. She craned her neck to see the peak, and found her neck taut with the effort. The wall towered higher than necessary for a simple maze. It dawned upon her that this wasn't anything less than a labyrinth. Lyla's orb illuminated the dim atmosphere, making Lethe squint with the contrast. Lethe had never been comfortable with watching movies or playing games in the dark. It was too demanding for her eyes to adjust.
"Lyla. Turn that down a bit. I can't see."

The Nana Ryu
04-16-2012, 10:36 AM
OOC: so everyone is near start right?
"Heh, alright. Let's so ahead and go with that. They had no less than 10 HP tops, it was a quick slash or stab to the throat or body. I should have saved one or two for you to kill. Make sure you would not die on round 0." He hissed and then looked at the map once more
"The middle is where we go." He cracked his neck and rolled up the map.
'He's still hissing at me'
Robin thought
'Oh well that's just him being moody or trying to get me to go away'
"10HP huh how weak then again its level 0 so that's what one expects"
She sighed.
"How much EXP? And its left, right or forward?"

Light Buster
04-17-2012, 06:01 PM
OOC: I believe that me and Spydermonkey are halfway through to the center of the maze. Not sure though but I'll need to wait on Sodapop Buffalo for my teams status.

IC:

So far so good. No monsters or traps yet but someone was inching for a fight, Mio and the Samurai guy was waiting for their next target. It will be their lucky day as Chika detected and lit the area in front of them red, just before another corner.

(Chika) "Monsters incoming."
(Yumiko) "Good, prepare for combat team."
(Mio) "About time, I was getting tired of waiting."

Mio prepped her XP boosting chi again as Yumiko then concentrated to give everyone the power as all the members of her team, including herself, began to give out a yellow light as each member will gain extra XP to help them level faster.

Spydermonkey
04-18-2012, 05:49 PM
Chicka said monster incoming and The samurai was happy, he drew his katan and started to walk towards the red itching for the experience.

HateSpawn98
04-19-2012, 11:24 PM
"10HP huh how weak then again its level 0 so that's what one expects"
She sighed.
"How much EXP? And its left, right or forward?"

"How about you just not worry about how much EXP I got considering you did not even harm a single one. Let's go lady." He cracked his neck, deciding that would be her new nick name. "Lady, let's try to follow the map as best we can. According to it we go straight until the smudge then we will turn left at some point in it. Then we just try and follow this map as best we can." He coughed and opened the door and headed through it

"Let's go lady. I'm not waiting on you if your just going to stand around." He would not admit he liked her a little bit, she was defiantly cute but knowing him he would never admit that because he had a repetition to live up to.

Esiphas
04-20-2012, 03:48 AM
Lyla changed the shape of her light, so around them was dimmer and she could still see the map easily,a s a cone of daylight brightness shone down on the map. Turnng another corner,s he said ''So... I think we are about... maybe 1/4 of the way?'' She turned to the mysterious girl, and Black. ''Are you sure you wnat to go this way you guys? I'mStill sure its the best course of action, but you two don't seem to voice your opinions. Espicial you, Miss Mystery''

Headphone Actor
04-21-2012, 12:33 PM
GM disappears for a week. Reappears. Forgets to post. Disappears again. Reappears almost another week later and updates RPG.
I suck. XD"

Anyways, happy Earth Day, everybody! |D

Tim Nunyabizness
Everything's available that you signed up with. When the RPG moves further along I might allow you guys to add a new attack or something like that. But yeah; everything's unlocked.

Light Buster
Gunna advance you to the center~

[ Narration ]
Spydermonkey Light Buster

Just as more of the Daemonis from earlier are closing in to attack you, one of your team members bumps against a wall, triggering a bright, white light to surround the floor where all of you are standing. The floor melts away and find yourself in a different room - possibly underneath the labyrinth, seeing as there are vines and forest flooring surrounding you. Inside some of the walls, a few bricks resembling those that the labyrinth had are squished in the mulch. You hear a roar from one of the walls - the only wall with a stone gateway leading to a locked door - and look to see an enormous monster guarding the only exit.

It's long, slick, and a deep, midnight-black. It has the body of a snake, but the head of a tarantula, and several dead, human arms are poking out of its body. Its eyes are heterochromatic; one red, and the other a dull white. Its forked tongue flicks out of its mouth and around its sharp, bloodstained teeth every minute or so, and it starts to slither towards you. Toothpick-resembling spikes run down its back, all coated in a slimy poison that temporarily paralyzes whomever touches it.

New Boss Encounter!
Species: Venefirous Messor

Hits it Takes to Defeat them: 20
Weak point: Belly

Amount of LIFE each Attack Takes Away: 1 ♥
(one heart)

Items that drop when Defeated:
~ Boosts you up 2 LEVELS ~
~ 1 new HEART CONTAINER for each member that participated in defeating it ~
~ KEY to unlock the LOCKED DOOR ~

Have fun defeating that~ |D

Light Buster
04-21-2012, 07:56 PM
(Yumiko) "What?"
(Mio) "What's going on?"

The group was transported to another room and as they looked around, a monster was awaiting them, a boss. The boss looked like a snake but also had a head of a tarantula. The boss's only weak point was it's belly, which was currently being blocked by the ground. To top that off, the spikes on its back can temporary paralyze anyone over zealous.

(Yumiko) "Here we go, our first boss. Don't make any kind of physical contact until it raises it's belly, you'll get paralyzed or even poisoned if you try to punch it. I'll force it's belly to come up, then when it does, give it a blow or two before we regroup for another attack."

Yumiko took a shot at the monster's eyes to see if the boss would raise it's belly up.

(Yumiko) "Chika, see if you can keep the monster in it's standing state. Mio, keep your chi flowing through us, I have a feeling that we can use the extra XP. Kisuke, once the boss's belly is up and once Chika keeps the monster to a hold still, you and Mio will strike at it as much as you can. Once Chika breaks off of her concentration on the monster, regroup and fall back to us. Chika and myself will move in for the killing blow once the monster is severely weakened. Don't worry about doing all of the work, this is a team situation, I'll cover you two from the rear and keep Chika safe in the process."
(Mio) "You got it Yumiko, we'll go in and take the fight to the boss. Just make sure you do what you have to do and don't look back on your own words."
(Yumiko) "You can count on me to get the job done, Mio."

Spydermonkey
04-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Kisuke pulled out his katana, and started running his ability to have the air six inches away compress as a ranged weapon, he than started using his dash with his super speed in an attempt to distract the beast from his team mates. he waited for his chance to strike at the beast

The Nana Ryu
04-22-2012, 01:51 AM
"How about you just not worry about how much EXP I got considering you did not even harm a single one. Let's go lady." He cracked his neck, deciding that would be her new nick name. "Lady, let's try to follow the map as best we can. According to it we go straight until the smudge then we will turn left at some point in it. Then we just try and follow this map as best we can." He coughed and opened the door and headed through it

"Let's go lady. I'm not waiting on you if your just going to stand around." He would not admit he liked her a little bit, she was defiantly cute but knowing him he would never admit that because he had a repetition to live up to.
Robin went forward and ignored the Lady bit. But she continued onwards slowley walking behind him.
"Why should I not I will need that EXP in order to level up and gain strength or am I to be the damsel in distress and you the BIG MAN i presume"
she said shoving past him and took out a flashlight since the hallway was semi dark and she pointed it at the floor.
'Jerk thinking I don't want to defend myself!'

HairyCockroach
04-22-2012, 10:38 PM
Lethe, already sick of her desperately cliche nickname, spat "My name is Lethe, and I highly doubt we're already so far into the maze considering we just stepped out of the portal." Snatching the map out of Black's hands, she thrust it into Lyla's face. "Can't you see, girly? See how vast this area is? You really think it's going to be easy getting to the middle regardless of this useless piece of virtual crap?"

HateSpawn98
04-22-2012, 11:07 PM
"Why should I not I will need that EXP in order to level up and gain strength or am I to be the damsel in distress and you the BIG MAN i presume"

"That was kinda the point. Women are not supposed to do anything except reproduce and make me food when I need it. Now shut up and move or you will be left behind to die alone."

He opened the door and began to walk out, he continued through several twists and turns, not bothering to pull out his map, or check to see if the women was behind him still.

Esiphas
04-23-2012, 01:28 AM
Lyla wasnt smiling. "Alright, Lethe. Ive been looking at the map,Not up down or around Second of all, You couldnt even do that at this point if i wasnt here. Third of all, Im.sick of your spoilt little princess attitude. You think your so great? Fine." Her ball of light suddenly flared up to something akin to a manesiium flare, blinding shite light, Then it pinged out. Lyyla did not make a new one, hiding her ro in the folds of her robes. "Now, Lead us out of here, Lethe."

The Nana Ryu
04-23-2012, 10:57 AM
"That was kinda the point. Women are not supposed to do anything except reproduce and make me food when I need it. Now shut up and move or you will be left behind to die alone."

He opened the door and began to walk out, he continued through several twists and turns, not bothering to pull out his map, or check to see if the women was behind him still.
Robin was pissed
'Egotistical, sexist, MALE!!!!'
She thought as she followed him.
'Dushebag'
she continued calling him rotten foul names in her head.

Light Buster
04-23-2012, 11:14 AM
As Yumiko took a shot at the red eye of the boss, the boss roared in pain as it rose its belly to the team Chika then responded with her tricks.

(Chika) "Danger Halt."

The monster was now frozen in place, for the time being, giving Kisuke and Mio the chance to damage the beast as much as they can.

(Yumiko) "Okay, Mio, Kisuke, now is the chance to damage the monster."
(Mio) "I'm on it, Kisuke, let's do it."

Mio closed in on the monster as her fist began to let out flames as she began to pound away at the monster's belly to damage it.

HairyCockroach
04-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Lethe trembled in silent rage at the girl's ignorance. She was definitely not spoiled, and speaking so arrogantly only proved how childish Lyla was being. Call me spoiled all you like, but I don't see anyone else throwing the tantrum but you.
Taking a deep breath, Lethe blew a strong whistle between her fingers. The shrill whistle pierced the air, and when the sound diminished, particles began coalescing in an obscure shape upon the ground. At first its body was alienated but the anatomy of a four-legged canine became pronounced in the chaotic pieces. As the surface layer finished, the dog sat promptly at its master's feet.
Lethe crouched in front of him, holding the map before its eyes. "I don't understand your capabilities or limits, but we want to reach the center from where we are now." Lethe pointed at the heart in the middle, then pointed to their current location. "I doubt we can keep up with you, so try not to lose us, okay?"
The dog stood and took off without further notice. Lethe turned to glare one final time at Lyla. "You can sit here in the dark if you're not going to help." She pulled out her gun and chased after her scout.

Spydermonkey
04-23-2012, 08:46 PM
Kisuke dashed into the monsters stomach releasing a good 8 hits before backing off for safety.

Tim Nunyabizness
04-24-2012, 01:03 AM
Black watched the exchange between the two girls and sighed to himself.

Holy hell, if these two can't work together we're going to get killed.

Black pulled his weapon and followed Lethe. Without looking back he assumed Lyla was following. Trying to raise his voice enough to be heard without shouting and potentially bringing the entire place down around them, he addressed them both.

"You two need to set aside your differences and we need to work together. If we don't we're going to fail this mission and likely get ourselves killed. A team that can't rely on each other or communicate effectively is doomed.

Also, whatever that energy-based dog is, that's really cool. Hopefully he can defend himself as well as lead us through this maze."

Black tried to multi-task as best he could. His eyes scanned around them as they ran, looking for trouble, and he also tried to access his abilities to determine exactly what he could do. Firing a gun was easy but surely he had other powers he could use. Better to find out what they were before a fight than trying to use them during.

Esiphas
04-24-2012, 01:35 AM
Lyla waled behind the group now.Evidently, Lethe was able to work under pressure, and She had some sort of ability other than gunplay.Mildly jmpressed, she brought her rod out again, shedding a small amount of light on the matter. As black began speaking, Lyla listen half heartedly, bored by the same lecture. "Play nice with others". her paents favorite. "Im capable of playing nice. What Lethe can do is up to her, but ao far she has struck me as antisocial and prehapsalittle self aggrandising. There, Ive said it. You think im too cildish Lethe.

HairyCockroach
04-24-2012, 05:51 PM
Lethe ignored Black's words. She needed no reminding of the importance of teamwork, but this game held no significance to her. She continued on in silence, mentally preparing herself that around the next corner may be Daemonis or a new alien creature. She wondered if the whole game would continue with the sleek interface that the labyrinth and former rooms were designed with. After this maze, she wasn't sure if she could handle the gloomy grey any longer.
The scout ran on several feet ahead. It nearly lost her around each corner, but Lethe managed to take the turns as his frisky tail disappeared. She could hear the heavy footfalls of Black, and some minor grumble of Lyla's, but Lethe pressed her words out of her mind. Her patience was worn thin, and she wanted to keep herself level-headed as she rushed into the awaiting chaos.

Light Buster
04-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Mio landed her fatal blow on the monster before backing off to the group. The monster was severely weakened after being hit with 10 attacks wit Yumiko firing her last shot at the monster to add one more hit before reloading her gun. As she pressed the small button on her weapon, the clip dropped from the gun as she inserted another clip before pulling back on the head of the gun to load it up again. Chika on the other hand released her concentration on the monster as it dropped back to the ground, she'll need to wait for a bit so that she can recover.

(Yumiko) "Good job everyone, keep it up. Chika, rest for now then use your abilities on the monster again. Mio, Kisuke, stay back for now and wait for the monster to make a mistake then we can take it again."
(Mio) "After that, it should be smooth sailing from here."

Tim Nunyabizness
04-25-2012, 10:08 PM
I wonder what would happen if I shot both of them and then myself. Or maybe I should start with shooting myself.

Black was running after Lethe and the strange, fake dog. He hoped the dog knew what he was doing and wouldn't just run them straight into a trap and then sit there wagging its tail with a dog smile on its face as they all fell to their death or were ambushed by some kind of mob that would kill them all, thinking it was some kind of amusing game that would lead to a virtual dog treat and a pat on the head.

"Lethe, can you see what the dog sees or is it just a scout that we're following? Also, can it fight?"

Black's grip was tight on his weapon and he realized his hand was cramping from clutching it so hard so he let his hand relax a little, but he didn't want to put it away. Even a millisecond of an advantage would be important if they were attacked and until he was more comfortable with his abilities and the strange energy revolver, he wanted to be ready.

HateSpawn98
04-25-2012, 10:18 PM
Psh, Women. He thought to himself as he continued through many twists and turns down pathways and narrow entrances. His hand was always on his blade at the ready just in case. He checked behind him periodically to see if the lady was still behind him.

"Lady. I don't mean to be rude, it's just in my personality to point out the obvious and to be rude to newcomers, I have nothing against you." He stopped and took out the map again.

"Now where the hell are we..." He studied the map again and waited for lady to catch up.

The Nana Ryu
04-26-2012, 12:13 AM
Psh, Women. He thought to himself as he continued through many twists and turns down pathways and narrow entrances. His hand was always on his blade at the ready just in case. He checked behind him periodically to see if the lady was still behind him.

"Lady. I don't mean to be rude, it's just in my personality to point out the obvious and to be rude to newcomers, I have nothing against you." He stopped and took out the map again.

"Now where the hell are we..." He studied the map again and waited for lady to catch up.

Robin peeked over his shoulder her flashlight aimed it at the map. She couldn't tell either where they were but decided to leave that in this guys hands

HairyCockroach
04-26-2012, 09:20 PM
"I doubt he gets any more capable than the job I've given him. Even if I could see what he sees, I'd stumble over my own feet."
Lethe withheld a giggle. Black's voice held a peculiar distaste toward the dog. She wondered if he recently had a bad experience with one, or was simply afraid of them. Lethe on the other hand had a large place in her heart for the creatures. She had one once when she was younger, but she wasn't able to keep him long. She frowned at the occurring thought, and pushed on regardless of her emotions.

Tim Nunyabizness
04-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Black continued charging blindly after Lethe and the weird dog. He thought about her seeing what the dog did and tripping over her own feet and stifled a laugh. He then considered how amusing it would be if they were linked somehow and she did what the dog did. The image of her rolling around on the ground with her hands and feet in the air and her tongue out made him choke out a short laugh that he quickly tried to cover with a cough.

Keep it together. If you start laughing to yourself they're going to think you're unhinged.

Concentrating on his character, he started to figure out how to access his various menus. He found something that looked like a target aiming control. He tried to access it and noticed that his vision was slightly obscured by a target sight that followed his eye line. He wondered how accurate it would be when he tried to fire his weapon but didn't want to test fire for fear of bringing them unwanted attention.

This will be interesting the next time we're attacked.

The Nana Ryu
06-01-2012, 12:28 AM
Robin grew irritated as the guy continued to ignore her and didn't move at all.
'What a jerk'
"Mind clueing me in?"
Then she shined the flashlight on him.
OOC: I feel so evil HateSpawn98