PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS6 - Discussion

blueangel06661
03-23-2012, 02:26 AM
Yup.. It's that time again..

I just received an email from Adobe that contained the beta version to download.

For once I didn't even know about CS6.. Usually I'm pretty up to par on Adobe's image or video editing software.

All the email so far says about this new software is "Discover the latest breakthroughs in imaging magic, editing speed, and creative abilities that will soon be available in Adobe Photoshop CS6 software."

I'm probably going to take Adobe's offer on the beta soon. What do you guys think?

[personally I wish Adobe would just calm the f down... They make too many PS's in between making it really hard to be current..]

There wasn't a general GFX area so I guess we IS'ers will just be talking about this..

Bulf
03-23-2012, 09:08 AM
I downloaded the beta yesterday, I have to say I -really- like the new color scheme. The icon sucks though xD
Other than that, the layout is an improvement over CS5 (I hate CS5's layout). I haven't messed with the video feature yet, but everything else seems nice and shiny.

blueangel06661
03-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Do you have CS5 for mac or PC? I have it for Mac and for some ungodly reason they made the BG in CS5 transparent so whenever I'm working I'm either distracted by my other windows open or my desktop BG and if you click off your workspace then it minimizes PS and you're looking at whatever was going on behind the PS window. If you have it for mac do you know if they put the regular grey background up instead of having it non existant? I'm only halfway done downloading the Beta.

Bulf
03-23-2012, 12:03 PM
Do you have CS5 for mac or PC? I have it for Mac and for some ungodly reason they made the BG in CS5 transparent so whenever I'm working I'm either distracted by my other windows open or my desktop BG and if you click off your workspace then it minimizes PS and you're looking at whatever was going on behind the PS window. If you have it for mac do you know if they put the regular grey background up instead of having it non existant? I'm only halfway done downloading the Beta.

I got it for PC, so it's a dark grey, almost black. It sorta reminds me of 3DS Max's colors. A transparent BG sounds very distracting, I have no idea if you can change it or not though. Another thing I love is the auto backup feature, I'm happy they finally added it.

.Tatty.
03-24-2012, 01:18 AM
I know its a beta and all that jazz but none of the plugins I have (topaz filters) work.

It is laggy as high hell. half the time i have to press shortcuts more than once to have it change from say pentool (p) to brush (b).

Interface wise, oh good the balck is fricken sexy as.

GameGeeks
03-24-2012, 02:09 AM
See, I have CS5 and mines light grey. Save for the background area where canvases show up. As for updates, you could probably just not stay current. It's mostly done for businesses. You probably only use about 40% of what it has to offer. And most of the updates between versions seem to deal with things other then what's used to make sigs. And Tatty, suck it up.

.Tatty.
03-24-2012, 05:02 AM
This update is heavily geared around the new stonking 3D options I couldn't give two fudges about as of yet.

And how about i suck you up fufufufufuf ehehehe

blueangel06661
03-24-2012, 07:25 AM
The 3D options in CS5 are pretty cool.. I learned how to use them in my Graphics Design class.. But they make my computer freeze and take too long to utilize. Anyways I'm about to crank up the heat by starting CS6..

GameGeeks
03-24-2012, 10:51 AM
See if they do that in CS6. They might be better optimized. If not, then your computer needs to be dumped in the trash.

Bulf
03-24-2012, 02:14 PM
I like the 3D options in CS6...but I have 3DS Max, so I don't really need to use them. I like what they did with the layers and stuff though, makes layer styles faster.
Also the icon sucks.

GameGeeks
03-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Cap, just hope they're place holders. Icons are probably one of the last things they do. Or should do anyways.

blueangel06661
03-24-2012, 04:30 PM
See if they do that in CS6. They might be better optimized. If not, then your computer needs to be dumped in the trash.

But my computer is brand new ;___;

WOOOOOO the background isn't transparent!!!

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/aww-yea-meme-original.jpg

GameGeeks
03-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Wait, your background for CS5 was transparent?

blueangel06661
03-24-2012, 06:15 PM
Wait, your background for CS5 was transparent?

Yeah,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb6UwnGpOnU

In that video you can see my desktop BG going on.. If I were to click on it PS would minimize, same with if I had my internet window open behind PS, you'd be able to see it while ps'ing.. It was quite annoying because if you clicked on it, it'd bring it to the front

GameGeeks
03-24-2012, 06:25 PM
Might be a setting you have that did that. Mines a solid dark grey for the background.

blueangel06661
03-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Might be a setting you have that did that. Mines a solid dark grey for the background.

It's just how it is with the Mac

.Tatty.
03-25-2012, 03:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuhIZzt784w&feature=plcp&context=C41a20e8VDvjVQa1PpcFOxJWDbFrl9fPCXWKz2sjgw wKb1_qRofzo%3D

Theres a few instences when recording this I had to stop recording and fix some unknown problems and laggyness.

blueangel06661
04-01-2012, 09:08 AM
I've used it minimally so far. Though one of the minor tweaks that I think is pretty awesome is the modifications to the crop feature. As you select your area it automatically centers the image in your work space as well as give you the height and width as you're going. Pretty sweet!

Using all of my brushes causes it to lag a lot but I'm just trying out minor stuff.

Bulf
04-02-2012, 01:39 PM
I just went back to CS5. I realized how much I'll rage after I get used to CS6, then have to go back to cs5 D;

Faux Angel
06-15-2012, 10:11 AM
did anyone else get the cs6 suite x.x other than trying beta i mean

Bulf
06-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Nope. I didn't really want it though, CS5 is doing fine for me atm (besides Illustrator freezing). If I upgrade, I'll try it out though.

blueangel06661
06-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Absolutely not. I got CS5 on discount for upgrading from 6.0 CS5 does what I need, though CS6 does something that CS5 does not so I'll be keeping the beta around just for that use. But as for spending the money on it and regularly using it, nah not yet. Seems like almost a waste if you own a more recent version of PS

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-17-2012, 09:18 AM
I can easily pay up for the Master Collection (I got CS5 Master Collection for free because of school though) but is it worth it?

GameGeeks
06-17-2012, 03:59 PM
I can easily pay up for the Master Collection (I got CS5 Master Collection for free because of school though) but is it worth it?
Not if you don't use the other programs. And if you can't get it as a student it's over two grand. And even if you can it's better to just get it alone.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Not if you don't use the other programs. And if you can't get it as a student it's over two grand. And even if you can it's better to just get it alone.

I can pay that up easily but I only use Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash, Premiere (when I don't use Vegas), Media Encoder (to stream) and Dreamweaver. I guess I can get the second tier, whatever it's called. Not yet if it's not worth it.

How much would it be if I buy each separately? Because I know only Master Collections includes Premiere and After Effects if I remember from using Photoshop back in High School when CS3 was the latest version and it was the second tier or third...I dunno.

Can you check for me was best for me?

GameGeeks
06-17-2012, 07:20 PM
I can pay that up easily but I only use Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Flash, Premiere (when I don't use Vegas), Media Encoder (to stream) and Dreamweaver. I guess I can get the second tier, whatever it's called. Not yet if it's not worth it.

How much would it be if I buy each separately? Because I know only Master Collections includes Premiere and After Effects if I remember from using Photoshop back in High School when CS3 was the latest version and it was the second tier or third...I dunno.

Can you check for me was best for me?
They range from 500 to 900 dollars individually. Still recommend sticking with CS5 unless there's a new feature you absolutely need to have. You could wait a year and pick them up cheaper then.

Hanamaru Kunikida
06-17-2012, 07:34 PM
They range from 500 to 900 dollars individually. Still recommend sticking with CS5 unless there's a new feature you absolutely need to have. You could wait a year and pick them up cheaper then.

That's the question I been asking. What are those features and are they worth it? Right now I am good with what I am working with but I am willing to pay what I need if "these features" will make my life easier.

GameGeeks
06-17-2012, 08:00 PM
That's the question I been asking. What are those features and are they worth it? Right now I am good with what I am working with but I am willing to pay what I need if "these features" will make my life easier.
Can't tell you that as I only use Photoshop. So it's up to you to research and find out.