PDA

View Full Version : Unleash Your Inner Weeaboo!

Xeyuzio
03-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Thread idea from VO. Moving on, anyways just share the times that you think you have acted like a "weeaboo". Maybe you use Japanese text when you don't know the language or maybe "kawaii" just splurted out of your mouth, just share your stories here~

Sometimes... sometimes I try to sing the lyrics to Japanese Vocaloid songs and sometimes I just scream KAWAII when I see my cat turn over.

Hakoshi
03-21-2012, 07:47 PM
(hasahorribledisliketoweabosespeciallythefemaleone swhoalwaysuseDESUaftereverythingtoseemcutethataint cuteatallthatsannoyingifsuiseisekiusedityoushouldn 'tnuffsaid)

anyways putting that... rage aside (lol)
mm, well I did have my moments where I'd randomly scream "why!?!?!" in japanese when it is used (does that even count..)
or I'd make a random noise (nyoro~n) when its not needed...

Sometimes... sometimes I try to sing the lyrics to Japanese Vocaloid songs and sometimes I just scream KAWAII when I see my cat turn over.
(I clicked reply with quote omg the codes the cooodes... ;A; )
anywho, same here, even though I just sing the songs I know well...
but I fail so yeah I just stop all together.. (I still do it secretly when very bored..)

Rei
03-22-2012, 01:28 AM
There is that random adding of 'desu' to any language, when it isn't inappropriate, just to sound like a dumb blonde, then there is also mumblin random japanese. and also fangirling over...anime characters and j-pop/j-rock idols lol.

Velvet_Nightmare
03-22-2012, 11:19 AM
I act like one over XBL. Always provides major lulz

Princess Cupcake
03-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Although I don't care for that term, I suppose I am in this category when using "kawaii" to describe my style of art. I can also sing over 20-some japanese anime theme songs (I'm not trying to brag or anything, I just like being able to sing along to the songs I enjoy and I watch so much anime which definitely helps to learn them).

mrpineapple
03-22-2012, 02:39 PM
Nyoron :)

i only use kawaii if im joking, sometimes i'll try horribly to sing along with anime openings if the lyrics are there :p

Eris
03-22-2012, 03:09 PM
Thread idea from VO. Moving on, anyways just share the times that you think you have acted like a "weeaboo". Maybe you use Japanese text when you don't know the language or maybe "kawaii" just splurted out of your mouth, just share your stories here~

I read that as

thr????ea from VO. Movi?????????????st share the times that you think you ????ave acted like a "w?????o". M???e you use Japanese te???en you??????know the language o????e????????just splurted out of your m????just share your sto?????ere~

Somet???es... sometimes I tr??????i??????rics to Japanese Voc???d so??????nd sometimes I just s??????AW???en I see my cat turn ov???

Xeyuzio
03-22-2012, 03:14 PM
I read that as

thr????ea from VO. Movi?????????????st share the times that you think you ????ave acted like a "w?????o". M???e you use Japanese te???en you??????know the language o????e????????just splurted out of your m????just share your sto?????ere~

Somet???es... sometimes I tr??????i??????rics to Japanese Voc???d so??????nd sometimes I just s??????AW???en I see my cat turn ov???

//5

animeyay
03-22-2012, 03:36 PM
uso!! there's a thread about nihon and nihongo?!
why didn't dareka tell watashi about it?
like, a weeaboo can be either extremely kawaii or unbelievably urusai.
like this post would tabun fall under the urusai category.
but whatever! all you baka are not sophisticated enough to wakaru watashi no kimochi~

okay okay, even I'm getting annoyed lol.
for the record, I never, never, talk like this.
I was merely "unleashing my inner weeab00"~

Miss Manipulation
03-22-2012, 03:38 PM
I used to call everything I saw cute "kawaii". Every now and then I'll blurt out "Sore wa totemo kawaii desu". Sometimes when I'm joking around with my friends and I get "mad" I'll insult them in Japanese. I always sing Japanese songs. Always. But I didn't think that would make you a Weeaboo. Doesn't that mean I just like the music?

marvelangga
03-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Being a w.e.e.a.b.o.o and not studying the Japanese language seriously, is like mocking the Japanese. I know the lyrics of a hundred Japanese songs of my favorite artists, and I KNOW what every line meant. That's why I believe that real Japanese fans, should know and understand everything from Japan by heart; not just to show that you know some Japanese phrases to sound like Japanese. And if you try to sound like that in Japan, you WILL be laughed at, most likely.