PDA

View Full Version : Katawa Shoujo

In0kz
03-20-2012, 03:49 AM
I've recently finished reading Katawa Shoujo and I was wondering what you guys think of it.
I have to admit I'm completely sold, I loved the story and the art is not too bad either. Well I guess I have nothing to compare it to though since it was the first visual novel I've read.

I would really love some recomandations for other noteworthy visual novels out there ^^

S o l o
03-20-2012, 04:16 AM
Oh! I loved that story too! ^-^

Lilly and Hanako are my favorite girls, but Rin was something special. [:

In0kz
03-20-2012, 06:20 AM
Infinite Rave
Yea those three where my favorites. If had to choose one I'd have to say Rin though. I love her easygoing nature :P

Munchman
04-03-2012, 07:00 AM
I found it to be absolutely stunning. Still , dont know if this should be considered a book or a video-game... And Hanako is all mine!

Blade_Runner95
04-12-2012, 05:46 AM
I found the game to be quite emotional for me, in a positive way.

It was a true learning experience, and I learned many valuable lessons from playing it. In a way, I am in debt to the visual novel.

When I first played, I got Lily's route, and then Hanako's. I have yet to play through the others, but I must say, one of the best visual novels I have ever played <3

Amazing.

Captain_Irish
04-25-2012, 07:16 AM
I love this VN it's amazing. I love it, love it, love it! I've only finished Shizune's route too and that's considered the weakest one. That's ho good it is, the weakest route has me hooked :)

MariannaB
07-17-2012, 02:55 AM
Oh Katawa Shoujo was amazing. Lily is without a doubt my favourite character and then Emi. Hanako isn't too bad either. I would really love to cosplay Emi (I'm really short) but not many people would recognise the character. Still, I think it would be fun to do. I was very surprised to find out that the team weren't Japanese but I think they did an amazing job writing/developing KS. It was such a great game and I found the story to be much deeper then some others in its genre.

Artemis.
07-29-2012, 03:05 PM
It was a wonderful visual novel. Like In0kz, it was the first one I'd ever read. Lilly, Misha, Hanako and Akira are my favourite characters in it. A lot of my friends say I am just like Yuuko, both in looks and temperament. I really look the fact that the characters and plot were so well-developed, although at times, I thought Hisao was a bit whiny and the maker of his own problems. Other than that, it was great.

There is a similar VN called Missing Stars being released later in the year, which if I am correct, is also by Four Leaf studies, and based on mental disabilities rather than physical. Same premise though. Also the main male character in it is rather handsome!

MariannaB
08-01-2012, 11:55 PM
It was a wonderful visual novel. Like In0kz, it was the first one I'd ever read. Lilly, Misha, Hanako and Akira are my favourite characters in it. A lot of my friends say I am just like Yuuko, both in looks and temperament. I really look the fact that the characters and plot were so well-developed, although at times, I thought Hisao was a bit whiny and the maker of his own problems. Other than that, it was great.

There is a similar VN called Missing Stars being released later in the year, which if I am correct, is also by Four Leaf studies, and based on mental disabilities rather than physical. Same premise though. Also the main male character in it is rather handsome!

Oh my gosh, I would love another VN from Four Leaf. I don't mind the similarity in premise, because I think mental disabilities has a lot more potential :)

minochet
02-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Oh my gosh, I would love another VN from Four Leaf. I don't mind the similarity in premise, because I think mental disabilities has a lot more potential :)

True, and that was something I thought could have been done with Katawa Shoujo. However, mental issues should be handled carefully. One wrong note and it'd end up ticking people off.

KrazyFang
04-09-2013, 07:29 PM
Absolutely brilliant VN! I felt like each route had its own merits (though of course, Hanako and Lily are my personal favorites).

Anyone else wish there was a Miki route?
http://r-a-d.io/ks/sprites/miki/miki_smile.png/?x=redirect

WBL Studios
04-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Katawa Shoujo was an absolutely spectacular tour-de-force, and I'm shocked that something as base and disgusting as 4chan actually came through and put together something intelligent and classy.

Hanako is my favorite.