PDA

View Full Version : luckey star

darkrider21
03-15-2012, 06:16 PM
i dont know if this is the right place to talk about luckey star. if the thread is alredy stated im sorry. the show is about school girls who eat a lot.it is unrealistic to me they eat all the time and dont even gain one pound and the food. where do they get it.one second they dont have it and the next secound they do.do they have magic powers or an endless suply of cash for the food they get?the show is a so so show but il never watch it agion

blueangel06661
03-15-2012, 06:23 PM
I eat about every few hours... Still weigh 75lbs... It's possible and doesn't require any special powers

Anyhow LS was an okay show.. It was a bit too slice of life and very slow progressing for me to actually watch it all though.. and yes a LS thread exist, somewhere I'm sure..

I do live dat cheer dance though

Munchman
03-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah man , i eat like a whole Football team and i dont get any fatter because of it.

Been hearing a lot about this Lucky Star. Is it good? Some more opinions would be apreciated...

mrpineapple
03-17-2012, 03:09 PM
I love lucky star, it's my favourite anime/manga \o/

First off, to address the slow moving plot - It's supposed to be like that, Lucky star was a 4-Koma strip that got converted into a manga.
Being released every week, it didn't have much of a storyline so that anyone could read it, therefore the anime is similarly vague in direction.
and the show isn't about them eating (you make it sound like it is).

A similar show would be Azumanga Daoih. Pretty much the same concept.

It's got lots of references to other shows and in-the-know jokes for manga lovers.

I'd recommend everyone this, because it's my favourite show, but also because it's light hearted and easy to watch.

<3

stocksatron
03-20-2012, 11:50 AM
its one of my favourite shows, whilst I couldn't understand the pacing at first I soon became addicted and was left at the end wanting more

mrpineapple
03-20-2012, 12:31 PM
On this topic, does anyone know if the english translation of Lucky Star was picked up by anyone after Bandai closed?

Gero50
03-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Meh I like. Its a pretty good anime for the most part. Though not my favorite.

CaptainFloyd
03-27-2012, 11:44 PM
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/9108/1237361970588.jpg
$*%# this show...... embarrassing is what I think of it....... Auuuuuugggggg.....

Munchman
03-28-2012, 03:10 AM
Im finishing watching it and god damnit... This show is cuter than 1000 baby polar bears wrestling in a warm sunny day in the Alps while kittens rain from the sky.

Jasanime
03-28-2012, 03:40 AM
Wow, I gave up after 2 or 3 eps but maybe I should give it another go? It kinda bored me... though it was a bit cute.

Munchman
03-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Wow, I gave up after 2 or 3 eps but maybe I should give it another go? It kinda bored me... though it was a bit cute.

Well , if you didnt like the first episodes then you prolly wont like the rest. Its mostly always the same. Terribly gripping tough.

stocksatron
03-29-2012, 11:01 AM
It took 3 episodes to get me strangely addicted to it

mrpineapple
03-31-2012, 04:48 PM
Yen press will be announcing some new titles next week. Hopefully lucky star is one of them! (manga )

Gyzra
03-31-2012, 05:54 PM
I watched it with some friends as a joke anime to cheer us up while we were doing exams. Konata is my favourite character, she's really fun and actually has a backstory. I have a poster from it on my wall. I wouldn't recommend it as a serious anime or proper anime to watch, but if you're feeling a little down or you're in a random mood then give it a shot. =]