PDA

View Full Version : Anime Academy

RequiemAnon
03-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Yes, the thread title is rather vague, but I didn't want to make it too long. I wasn't quite sure were to post this as there doesn't appear to be a precedent for it, but I figured the Miscellaneous section would be fine. So I'm basically here to offer an invitation of sorts. I'm starting up what has tentatively been named the American Academy for the Evaluation and Recognition of Japanese Animation. Too make a long story short, I'm fed up with the lack of true authority on the merit of anime. Movies have the Oscars. Plays have the Tony Awards. Anime has...? Exactly. There isn't really a North American authority on the subject. Anime News Network isn't really in the same vein, so it doesn't count. So I said, "Why not make it myself?" That's what I'm doing. Basically, the AAERJA will be much like the Oscar community in that we'll have an end of the year awards ceremony (not televised of course, lol) and the winners will be determined by the votes of members of the Academy.

Now, I'm here to ask people to join. Right now it's me and a wishwashy friend. But it could grow into something incredible with your support. But not just anyone can join. Because I want this to be a true authority on anime's critical worth, only the best can join. I would prefer that you at least be in high school (college is even better), and I want you to be a proficient writer and thinker. Anyone in college majoring in English, Creative Writing, Journalism, or Animation would also be a godsend. I'm majoring in Creative Writing and Journalism myself. You also need to have seen a considerable amount of anime and be willing to devote time and effort to the Academy. I truly believe that with the proper organization and drive, the AAERJA will become a household name amongst the anime world. I believe I've exhausted my welcome in this post by now though. If you are interested in joining or have further questions please contact me at [email protected]. I look forward to working with you towards a great future.

RequiemAnon
03-11-2012, 10:22 AM
Ah. I forgot to mention that you can also send me a personal message if you don't want to email me. Thanks.

Free_Heart
03-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I like the idea even if I don't understand the hole thing well ,but should the one who participates be american ??

and I haven't watched a lot of anime yet but I'm a good writer and I wrote many novels (not published but to have fun ...)

write back if I can participate

and I forgot to mention that I draw too if that would help...

RequiemAnon
03-11-2012, 01:20 PM
No, you don't have to be American. I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop the "American" part and just call it the Academy for the Evaluation and Recognition of Japanese Animation. You can join if you like. At the present time, I'm being pretty open to anyone considering we're just starting out. But you will need to get up to date with at least most of the anime classics and have access to the ongoing series. It'd also be really nice if you could email me a review of an anime you've seen so I can assess your skills. Doesn't have to be long; just enough so I can see how well you write.

Free_Heart
03-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm a high school student year 2 so I'm really busy but I'll try to write it soon .

thanks

RequiemAnon
03-11-2012, 01:58 PM
Take your time. Quality is important. We're still extremely small, so there's no need to rush. Slow and steady wins the race.