PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Tennis was such a disappointing anime could have been so much better.

macedadon
03-06-2012, 02:01 PM
First things first this is strictly my own opinion so don't start hating just because you may disagree with me but also feel free to comment on what you think of this anime.
Also this isn't some sort of expert review about the animation, music etc. and also I may start rambling on a bit and my punctuation may not be great but please bear with me. :)

Okay first of all I thought the anime got off to a good start i watched 40 episodes in 2 days which shows how much I liked it but after awhile I started to lose interest, the main reason being it started to turn into this tennis version of Dragonball Z which really
annoyed me they started with these tornado smash shots, people radiating some kind of aura etc.
One other reason was that the matches get a little repetitive so I found myself skipping some of the matches only to watch ryomas, fujis and tezukas matches also one other thing I found weird is that ryoma gets invited to the US open and he just happens to win the whole thing and comes back to middle school tennis and has such a hard time against some of the opponents, I mean getting invited to the US open at the age of 12 is weird enough, to win the tourney even more so, but im sure you know what I mean right. :)
Oh yeah the Nationals arc was way to rushed IMO.

Well that's it all I have to do now is watch The New Prince of Tennis and get this over and done with.

Darkhallows
03-06-2012, 02:52 PM
Eh, I couldn't get into Prince of Tennis... it was just kind of boring to me. But I'm not into sports anime anyway.

Samuru
03-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Is this a rand? If so, you're absolutely right! Prince of Tennis was a piece of trash that never should have been brought to this world. Since the 1980's people have tried to create succesful sports manga, and most of them failed. The only one I enjoy is Slam Dunk.